Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 04:55 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 205.5/158.50/132

Height: 5'7"

Sue ~ hey some advise that you definately don't have to follow. But I've been reading a book by a doctor that is very much into natural remedies. And if you want the name of the book and Dr. let me know. But I tooooo carry my weight in the middle. Like i'm 190 and I wear a size 12 jean but have to hide my middle because I look prego. But anyway...he says that people that carry their weight in the middle mostly are producing too much insulin. So...of course sugar is OUT for them. So cutting the sugar is going to be soooo beneficial to you but ALSO you should be eating protein at every meal. You could even break it down into like 6 mini meals. If you are on a special program already please ignore me. But like an english muffin is a carb...and it will turn to sugar pretty quick. But protein is what we are made out of and it makes our hair/nails/skin/etc...and you will probably lose quicker if you be sure to eat lean protein throughout the day. Like I use replacement bars often because I'm usually too busy to eat but I will be sure to eat chicken/fish/eggs/or lean lean beef often. If things are working well for you again ignore me. But for me this is working and it's probably the only thing that will work for ME> (as I get off my soapbox)

Tina
Old 03-17-2007, 09:23 PM   #32  

Height: 5'1"

Evening Ladies!!

Today was a gorgeous day!! I was up bright and early to get ready to go look at a house. By the time I got home......I realized that I'm still not feeling the best and so I took a nap. Tummy just does not want to feel better!! SHEESH!!

Mindee--An old friend is pregnant and hasn't found out what she's having yet. She's not due until the fall so she still has time. Also have a couple girls at work that are expecting. One is having her 3rd and her last, the other is having her 2nd....and her daughter is only 5mos old!! Now, that is having them close!

Tina--Funny joke. Visualizing does seem to be a motivator for me...so I think it's great that you're doing it. One reason why I have a mirror facing me when I walk on the treadmill. (It's across the room ) I can look and imagine my body shrinking. Keeps me walking!

Cristina--Got to see the house. It was built in the 60's. It's actually really cute, but it's dated. We'd have to do a lot of updating if we bought it. I told James that I'm willing to do that, but he really needs to go look at it himself and not just go by my word. We'll see.

Sue--The house that I went to see today...the woman was cooking cabbage and it smelt so good. Now....when your showing your home, I would think that cabbage is the last thing you want to smell! But since it's St. Patty's day.....

Hello to all the other gals.

I think I'm going to get myself some water and go watch a movie. I have so many and being home alone tonight....gotta keep myself preoccupied.

Have a good night. And if you're out drinking for St Patty's day.....be careful.

Take Care
Old 03-17-2007, 09:44 PM   #33  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Tina- Thanks for the info. I am not on any program that is working for me...ha. Just getting ready to try again, and using You on a Diet for guidelines, but have to tweak it to suit us. So, do you eat any bread or carbs? Or is your plan more like Atkins, with the meat and protein? I can do okay with the chicken, lean beef and eggs. Just not a fan of seafood or fish, except tuna occasionally. Right now we are planning eggs for breakfast 3 times a week, cheerios and/or fruit the other days. Mostly salads or soup for lunch with an occasional turkey or ham roll up. Dinner is usually our chicken or beef meal, with fish for DH some times. Lots of veggies and fruit *fingers crossed.* It all sounds good, but doing it is the hard part. So far I have done well on getting rid of the sugar. That is candy and desserts...I haven't started working on the other foods with suger yet. I know there are several that we rely on that I will have to cut out or find a substitute for.
I would love to read the book you mentioned. I am an avid reader and always open for a new slant on things. Post it here or send me a private message...whatever you wish.

Hi to everyone. I got in a walk even though it was very chilly. I remembered to put sunscreen on my face since the sun was in and out. Then I got wind burned and my face is red/shiny. Grrrr.
Measured the walk in closet and drew up the plans for the shelves, cabinets I want. I am going to have a lingerie chest in there also. I get excited about the dumbest things...LOL

Happy Sunday....I plan to sleep in. Yay!
Old 03-17-2007, 10:07 PM   #34  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY LADIES!!

Mindee--Congrats on the baby girl!! See what the power of all the jaded ladies accomplished with our "thinking pink". Of course Tommy had nothing to do with it!!

Tina--Wow, a new convertible!! That would have been hard to drive here in Maryland with our 37 degree temps and the ice storm that we had last night. I'm green with envy! Love the joke!

Jane--The more the merrier in Mrytle Beach. We always have a house full. This will be our 7th year. When I finished with college expenses and marry off my DD, we plan on buying an ocean front condo for an investment.

Cristina--I second the plant as a gift. What a wonderful idea!! You are so thoughtful. I was so overwhelmed my last move that I didn't even think of something like that. You only have a week to go. I hope everything goes smoothly for you. And yes, to answer your guestion about my kitchen. It is pretty big. I needed to replace almost 80 sq. feet of countertops that included an island, desk, etc. We decided on Silestone which is quartz. I couldn't find a granite piece that I liked. I also ordered a white cast iron sink. I hope I won't be sorry. I'll just have to be more careful to not scratch the sink. Maybe I'll post before and after pics when it is all done.

Marti-I love watching Clean Sweep and all the stuff on TLC. My basement could sure use a clean sweep about now. We still have stuff in boxes from our move almost 4 years ago hanging out in the basement. Mostly my kids stuff. My son enlisted 3 years ago and I still have all his toys, cars and games. Have you found a house that you like yet?

Jules--We saw Wild Hogs today and loved it.

Sue--I would love to have some cabbage. My dh want's nothing to do with the stuff. Once in a while I'll get it at the hospital cafeteria. Usually when I'm desperate!

A big hug to those that I missed. As I said to Jules, we went to see Wild Hogs today and I did have some popcorn, no butter, and a diet soda. But I did skip lunch. (the popcorn was my lunch) We then walked off the popcorn in the mall, went to Wally World and picked up dog food and a few other little things, went out to dinner and have been relaxing at home for the evening.

That reminds me....there has been a major recall on canned dog food for those of you that use it. Check it out on USAToday website. I thougth for sure that the Walmart shelves would be bare but it was all still there. We use a little Pedigree canned food mixed with the dry in the mornings to get the boys to eat fast so we can get out the door for work. Pedigree was not on the list. Here's the link..
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...ers-food_N.htm
Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

Last edited by sz2atheart; 03-18-2007 at 09:51 AM.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:05 AM   #35  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Tina~ That was a funny joke! Your welcome for the boost of confidence. That is what we are all here for! You will be amazed at how fast someone will notice that you lost weight. After I had Brandon and I joined on here, we used to walk every night and pretty much every where that we had to go. So, one day when I looked in a store window, and didn’t look like I was 3 months pregnant anymore, it hit me why every one else was saying that I looked good. I just never believed it until I saw it for myself. I could tell I was loosing because my clothes were getting looser but to actually see the results made me feel great!

Cristina~ I know what you mean! We go to Wal-Mart, it seems like every day, and we usually always go in with a list, and most of the time we end up forgetting something on that list! We went there tonight, and went to look in the baby section. The first thing out of Tommy’s mouth was “look at all the pink stuff!!” And then he said “I am so excited I can’t wait!” We had to come to an agreement on one thing though…..I showed him some little girl headbands, and he said no to them. He said I could put her in anything, any color, just no headbands. Which, I actually agree with surprisingly. My sister’s husband, well, they had some really cute dresses for their daughter and because they were blue or had any amount of blue on them, she never wore them. So, I asked Tommy if I could put her in blue, and his response was “you can put her in anything you want….as long as it fits her.”

Just a quick side note. We set up a baby pool if you guess want to head over and check it out and put your guesses in. You can go to http://www.ExpectNet.com/games/babygirl2be

Marti~ And I thought having them all 18 months apart was rough! Jeesh! Every where we go, we always see at least one pregnant women. We went to Wal-Mart last night and Tommy said “there must be something in the water.”

Tammy~ I think Tommy is extra proud of himself that he was able to have a girl. His second oldest brother laughed and said “I thought you said that you don’t know how to make girls?” Tommy laughed and said “yeah, well, we were due for a change.” It is nice to be able to look for something in pink and be able to find it. When we go to Wal-Mart looking for clothes for the boys, we can’t seem to find more then a rack full.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:36 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 166

Good Morning Ladies!!

Yep..I have been MIA..I did go on a trip and then I just got ovewhelmed..somewhat in funk..eating poolry..thinking poorly and then yesteday I just decided to get over it..we all have challenges we have to deal with and I guess retreating was my way of dealing with it this past week!

I have missed all your post..well not quite.I did read all of them one day and tried to post and lost it..so it was meant to be that way!! BUT I am back with a vengance

Marti--Thanks for the kind words..I missed all of you guys. I also hope you are feeling better!!

Sue-Glad to know you will "bothering" us more too!! I am looking forward to hearing more about your weight loss plan.

Tammy- I can relate to the needle staying the same and being thrilled..much better than gaining and I still contend that there is nothing wrong with being the TURTLE Slow and steady...

Tina--Your new toy sound adorable!! I am sure you guys are having a blast and the weather should get great for fun rides. I also loved your "plan"...that was Hilarious!

Amy- I'm glad to be back too...that is the nice thing about this group ...they welcome us back with open arms!

Jane- I went shopping yesteday too with my crew and it was so much fun. I love buying little girl clothes and things to decorate her room with. I bought some neat Easter stuff and just let them take it home...I am glad your cookies were good. Cookies are my downfall! I love them --I have been trying some of the 100 calorie packs and the "lorna doone" are fabulous!!--Good to be back and to see you!

Christina- Griffin and I want to go see Wild Hogs..do you think it would be OK for a 11/12 yr. old? It looks like a great movie!! Good to see you too!!

Mindee-- Yeah for your new little Girl..I was just telling Jane how much fun I have buying for my DGD .Congratulations ..can't wait to see her one day!!

Hello to all of you..Jules, Sassy, Michelle, Mary Kateand to anyone else I have missed....and thanks for allowing me some down time..I am off to Georgia this week, but only for a couple of days!! I will try and touch base tomorrow!!

BTW--Weight loss was flat last week and 1 lb this week...I am just happy to be moving in the right direction and still content you guys are such a big part of the process for me! THANK YOU!!
Old 03-18-2007, 02:27 PM   #37  

Height: 5'10"

Wow... so much going on since I last posted... but congrats to Mindee!! What great news!

Not much goin on... the day is gorgeous here, 70s and a bit windy with not a cloud in the sky. Need to wash the car and run to the grocery store... so c u later!
Old 03-18-2007, 03:42 PM   #38  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Afternoon Ladies!

Afternoon Ladies!

Just a quick pop in to say Hi We have to go into work an hour early today I'll be so happy once tonight is over with!

I woke up feeling really nausious Dunno what that is about, I'm hoping its not the nasty flu bug going around at work!

Also we have found out that my fil is very sick. Won't go into details, but its definately not good at all. Put it this way, even my husband cried and he never cries.

Wow weeeeee are we ever growing! I can't keep up with all the new people! lol. WELCOME ALL! I'm Sassy, I work nights and haven't been posting a lot lately, but anybody here can tell ya I normally post a lot and usually long posts. lol.

Well I guess I will go now. Have to stop by the pharmacy and pick up a prescription and drop one off. lol.

Have a Great Rest of the Day!

Old 03-18-2007, 04:41 PM   #39  
ugggg.....

Sassy--so sorry to hear about your fil--hugs to you and your hubby!!

Karin--send some of that warm weather my way--after a week of temps in the 60's--the temps dropped 30 degrees and we got about 8 inches of snow!!! It suppossed to slowly warm up this week and hopefully be back in the 60's this weekend--I'd be happy with the 50's!!

Vann-wtg on the one pound loss!!! have a safe trip!!

Mindee--with several coworkers and friends having babies, I have found myself in the baby section alot--the last few things have been for boys but my old bosses daughter is having a girl too!!

Tammy--that was scary about the dog food--I happen to use dry Iams Lamb and Rice because one of my two dogs has food allergies and it is one thing that doesn't make him itch like crazy!! We put a splash of milk on it when we want to speed them up!! My son wants to go see the new Spy Museum in DC--have you been there yet?? Hopefully it will stay warm after this last storm!!

Sue--gettin excited about the special touches in a walkin closet doesn't sound dumb to me!! Sorry to hear about the windburn!!

Marti--good luck on the house hunting!! Hope you feel better!!

Tina--you definitely have to find what works for you and stick with it--there doesn't seem to be "one" thing that works for everyone but everyone seems to find the thing that works for them!! BTW--loved the joke--hubby wanted to know what I was laughing at!!

Cristina--can't wait for warm weather to go motorcycle riding with hubby!!

Jane--hope the shoulder is better!!

Katie--how's the wrist??

Gotta go--hubby's calling.....hi to all I have missed!!
Old 03-18-2007, 06:19 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

Just a quick shout out to all of you ladies. Been a lazy weekend here. Kinda bored. Got my Just My Size Yoga dvd I bought on Ebay yesterday. I think I will open it in a few min and do it, so I can meet my exercise goal for the week.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:57 PM   #41  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Evening ladies!!

Sassy--so sorry to hear about your FIL. Hope you are not getting sick. I have to work a few nights over the next month and not looking foward to it. I give you all the credit in the world for doing all night shifts!

Jules--haven't seen the Spy Museum. I actually haven't been to DC in about 5 years. Wow, you guys got 8" of snow. We just got the southern end with all ice. I drove home from work Fri night in total ice...saw 7 cars that had run off the road. My family had to practically peel my white knuckled hands off the steering wheel by the time I got home! I'm with you and hope we have seen the end of winter with this last storm.

Sue--I know what you mean about getting all excited about doing your closet. I love doing any remodeling in the house. Hey, I've been boring you all with my countertop makeover for weeks now! I would rather shop for house stuff than for clothes. I guess because I spend my life in uniforms.

A big "hey ya'll" to the rest of you jaded ladies. Just a quickie waiting for Brother and Sisters to come on in a few minutes. Hope everyone has rested up over the weekend. Take care!
Old 03-18-2007, 11:04 PM   #42  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Well, I had a half-way lazy day. I always read papers and drink coffee on Sun. morning. So while DH worked in his garage that is just what I did. Then we took a 45 minute walk. I managed to NOT get wind burned today, even though it was very cold. I did cook the pork and cabbage, which was very good. I even skipped any bread and ate fruit with mine, so I felt good about my eating.
Of course, had to clean the kitchen and swifter the floors everywhere. We wonder how the floors get so dusty when there are just three very clean adults here. LOL.

Marti- I doubt I would have cooked cabbage if I was showing my house. ha. What did James think of the house idea after you told him about it? We never did get to Cracker Barrel...it is a store and restaurant actually. Very much home cooking..country style. Some nice kitchen goodies, candles, t-shirts, etc.

Tammy- I wanna go to Myrtle Beach too, I have never been there. My DD and family are going for Spring break next week. I love to hear about remodeling and home decorating. The next thing I will "yak" about will be my landscaping I am sure. I have such a black thumb...worries me. Although our old house the ground wouldn't grow much, was clay soil. Here we are in the woods and the soil is wonderful...so it should work.

Tina- Yes, I did take what you said about sugar under consideration. I am going to keep trying to stay away from it. So far I have found it easy, but I know from experience that I will have a chocolate "melt down" soon. LOL

Cristina- Of course, packing the crock pot would make you want to use it. Hope everything is going okay with the packing. I haven't been to a movie for a long time...sounds like Wild Hoggs was very funny.

Jodi- Hope you enjoy the new DVD. I've never tried yoga. Let us know how you like it. I have been getting in my walking and even 15 minutes of Dr. Oz's exercises the past two days.

Jane- Is it going to warm up for you soon? It sure is cold here. Vegas is 90 degrees.... We always seem to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Sassy- I am sorry to hear about your FIL. I will pray for the best for him. Take care of yourself and your DH.

Mindee- I love looking at the baby things. I think I have all the grandbabies that I am going to get. DS doesn't have plans for any, and the girls are finished. Now...I do have grands that are getting up there so in 4 or 5 years I might have a great grand baby. One DGS is 20, another is 17 and DGD is 16. OMG...that makes me OLD.

Okay, gotta run for now. Hi to any of the JL's that I didn't get to tonight. Everyone have a wonderful week.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:20 PM   #43  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Thank You Ladies, your all so sweet.

I think it may be a bug because DH hasn't felt good since he woke up today and still doesn't and I feel blech. Not as bad as him, but I have this feeling I will be........That is the way it always is for me, on my days off I always end up getting sick from being at this "germ-factory" lol.

Take Care!
Old 03-19-2007, 12:10 AM   #44  
GmaTo8

This is the first chance I've had to get on here all day! Just too many posts to try and catch up.

Mary and I are going to Chicago later this week! Kind of impromptu, but she and I have been trying to go for years now, (Katie and I went almost exactly 3 years ago) and we think it's finally going to work out. The timing seems good, since Dale is still home to take care of the twins, (Caylin's going with us) and the new grandson isn't due for about 7 weeks. I got a great deal at a 4 star hotel on the Magnificent Mile's Michigan Ave. So, anyway, I'm excited about finally getting to go with Mary.

I'm wiped out and am headed for a shower then bed.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:14 AM   #45  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Vann~ It is good to hear from you. How did the trip go? Thanks for the congrats. We are extremely excited! When I called one of my sisters on Thursday night, her response was “yeah…..now I can go shopping for her!” My in-law’s have already gone and done some shopping, my hubby’s oldest brother and his wife have gone shopping already…we have done some window shopping so far. My mom and sister are getting some stuff together for us. I love having older sisters! I have four of them, and my third oldest sister had a little girl two years ago, so she held onto the clothes and now she is going to send them our way! It also helps that we just sent her all of Logan’s old boy clothes since she just had a boy in January.

Karin~ Thanks for the congrats! We are still letting it sink in more and more each day.

Sassy~ I hope you are feeling better soon. I will keep your FIL in my thoughts and prayers!

Jules~ In my family, it seems that every even year is a girls year and every odd year is a boys year. So, we were somewhat expecting another boy to be cooking in there, but we were both surprised (in a great way) when we found out that the munchkin is a girl!

Sue~ We love looking at baby things as well, but before we knew what we were having we just skimmed through the baby section. Now, we go into the baby section and go “awe, look at this such and such” or “awe….how about this?” Between me and my four older sisters, my parents have 18 grandchildren. My oldest sister has two boys and two girls. My second oldest sister has two boys and three girls (one is her stepdaughter). My third oldest sister has three girls and one boy. My fourth oldest sister, who is from June of 76 to January of 77 older then Tommy, has one of each. And then we have two boys and a girl. My parents had five daughters, so we were all kind of competing to see who would follow in my parents footsteps and have all of one gender.

Jane~ That is great news about your little vacation! Have fun!!
Closed Thread