Old 03-09-2007, 11:20 PM   #1  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Lightbulb 10 lbs*10 Times ~ Come Join Me!

Alot of chicks are breaking down their goals into 10lb increments and I've decided to do it too. JOIN ME! Our slogan?

'We might not be able to lose 100 lbs but we CAN lose 10 lbs 10 times!'

It doesn't matter how much you have to lose, 10 lbs or 200 lbs, just jump on in and lets SUPPORT each other!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 11:31 PM   #2  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

ok im so in so what's involed do we check in daily? oh and also aunt flo just showed up today so for the past 3 days i've eat'n like diet what diet ? LOL
and im soooooooo in
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:49 AM   #3  

Im starting today, so I'll go for this to

Sue
Liverpool Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:39 PM   #4  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

You can checkin whenever you can and post your WIs on your regular WI days. Hopefully enough people will join so we can have a steady thread going.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 299/259/175

Height: 5'7"

Count me in! I was just thinking about it today in fact

My regular WI day is Monday. I'm transitioning from just choosing healthier foods and using portion control to calorie counting. And I try to get the the gym a few times a week, but lately that's been a no go due to family life LOL.

I have 4 kids, 2 in school, 2 at home, and am married to a wonderful man (who is starting to exercise now that I weigh less than him for the first time EVER! ) We live with my dad, who is going thru some health problems right now that are stressing me out. So, instead of grazing in the kitchen (like I want to be doing- because I know EXACTLY where a bag of Hershey's kisses are stashed) I'm surfing the site for inspiration and challenges! This is JUST what I needed!
Luxorbea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'3.5"

Ooh I love this! Looking at the big goal always seems so daunting to me, but to break it down 10lbs at a time seems much less scary.

My weighins are Wednesday, so I'll use yesterdays weight as my start if that's all good with everyone?
My starting weight is 195, so that makes my first goal 185. Overall goal is 145, so I need to lose 10lbs 5 times
BlackCherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 02:28 PM   #7  

WI day for me today, lost 4.5 lbs, 6 lbs to go do the tickers do .5s cos mine didnt
Old 03-17-2007, 03:07 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 224/216/110

Height: 5'1"

I hope you guys don't mind if I join in

It really does look better when you look at your weight loss incriments in 10. It really adds up. I keep track in my fit day and I always enter my goals in incriments of 10.

In fact, I have exactly 100 to go from my weight today. "Official" weigh in days are Mondays, but I've been, er, weighing in nearly every day.

I apologize if I have a hard time keeping up with the pace of the thread. I'm used to, er, slower/barely moving thread I find fast paced one more overwhelming, so I'll do my best

At any rate, I'm 22, single, and work full time. I just got a gym membership at the end of January. Haven't done too great with going, but I haven't been completely aweful either.

My problem is I got sick in February which kept me from the gym for about a week and a half, and I'm sick again, so I'm guessing it's going to be a bit before I can get back. Then when I do go, I tend to get these horrible blisters on the bottom of my feet (the last time there were blisters under blisters), which have been taking awhile to heal themselves.

I've most recently lost 4 pounds over night (due to being sick and barely able to eat, in addition to having my first "real" period in a couple of years).

I still have 5 more to go for my first goal.

JasonsLea, excellent idea for a thread!

707Goddess, good luck

Liverpool Sue, congrats on the 4.5! I've never tried half pound incriments, but then again, my scale doesn't have half pound incriments lol

Luxorbea, Good luck on the transition! Sometimes it's really trial and error to find what works best for you.

BlackCherry, I hear you on it seeming so daunting! In fact, I tend to find it rather discouraging, to be honest. So much to lose, it just seems rather impossible. It ends up being rather shocking once you add how much after losing 10 pounds x amount of times!
spunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 04:25 PM   #9  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Welcome everyone!

Bridget ~ FOUR kids?! WOW! I don't even know how my mama and auntie kept their sanity with three kids but you have one more. And it's good that DH is going along for the ride.

BlackCherry ~ This might seem weird or silly but I'll be doing the happy carrot dance when I get to your current weight! My final goal is to get to 150.

Sue ~ CONGRATULATIONS!!! 3FC tickers don't do the .5 thing but Tickerfactory does. You can just click on my ticker to go to the site and make your own.

Spunker ~ I have 100 lbs to go too! The last two months of my life have been hectic and I haven't been to the gym. I'm almost ashamed to go back but I will. I have to get in the habit again.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:49 PM   #10  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

How is everyone doing? I'm alright, just trying to get used to my new place......with no cable and no internet. Add on to that, I forgot which box I put my cds in so I've been listening to the same cd for the past week. I guess the good thing about all that is that I've sat down and read my first book in over a year. And it wasn't just one book, I did one of my ol' marathon readings and read about five books in a day. Felt like old times. I've decided to continue to do my WIs on Tuesday instead of switching to Thursdays. I need to go grocery shopping.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:29 PM   #11  

I have to change my WI days to Tuesdays so I dont have to take my 3 yr old with me, as he gets bored and starts yappin 5 mins in to the meeting Will see how this week goes then change.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:36 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 224/216/110

Height: 5'1"

JasonsLea, Nothing to be ashamed about in regards to the gym! Sometimes it's difficult to get back in the swing of things, but once you go back that first time, it's great.

How long ago did you move? I can't imagine having to listen to the same cd over and over again lol

Liverpool Sue, good luck with your Tuesday weigh-ins!

I'm just curious, how does everyone generally decide on their weigh-in days?

I know sometimes it's out of convenience due to schedules and whatnot, but I mean, some just choose a random day and stick with it. Does anyone have any reasons behind why they choose that day?

I've always typically have picked Monday's (any time I've tried to lose weight) simply because that Monday was always the day I would always start a new diet or whatever.

I think it kind of helps keep the weekend in check... well, not always, but sometimes it does put the fear in me.

Anyway, I'm still stick. I fell asleep last night at 5:30pm. Woke up throughout the night because of my nose, but always fell right back to sleep (so it wasn't fully waking up). Got up this morning at about 6:45. I'm not even taking medication that causes drowsiness!

I've not eaten much over the last few days. It's been under 1000 calories Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I know it's not good, but haven't felt much up to eating.

I've got my appetite back today, but my energy is so low and my head is just so congested that the thought of having to cook or even pop something in the microwave exhausts me. But, I know I have to.

Actually I might see if my mom needs to run to the store when she's done at the gym. Maybe getting out'll do me some good.

I do have to admit that it's nice to feel hungry and not feel as though I will binge when I do eat something.

Er, slight bit of a ramble.

At any rate, I hope everyone else is well
spunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:30 AM   #13  
Chubby Bookworm

S/C/G: 155/ticker/125

What a good idea!! Baby steps lol
As of today I am 2 lbs away from the first 10!! (lost 2 this week ) Hope hope hoping a week from today I can say I reached it!!

Spunker: I chose Sunday as my weigh in day because it's probably the only day I can be consistent (i.e. weigh at the same time every week etc), since every other day of the week I have classes or I might have a saturday lab or something. Also it helps me not to do anything bad on Saturdays! lol

Hope you all are having a good weekend and staying OP... we can do it!
Rockie86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 06:34 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 299/259/175

well, I am up from last week. Just a pound, but still... *pout* I am now 10 pounds from my short term goal, so I guess I'll just keep going I've already lost 3 sets of 10!!!

I am going to Vegas in 3 weeks for Spring Break (Yes, my kids are out of school for a week, and I'm spending half of that time away from them LOL But my hubby and I need the time away from them )

I chose Monday's as my WI day because I didn't have a scale, so I had to use the one at the gym...and if I felt like I had to WI on Monday's, it got me out of my weekend rut and into starting my week at the gym Now, I have a scale at home and I'm on it everytime I use the bathroom It's almost time for an intervention LOL
Luxorbea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:06 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'3.5"

Just a really quick update, will make a better one later, but I'm on my way out the door. I'm at 191.4 (i'm pretty sure it's .4 anyways, the digital read out on the number after the decimal has suddenly gone screwy as of this morning). So I have 6.4lbs left to go for my first 10!
BlackCherry is offline   Reply With Quote