Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 09:58 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone. I've not been posting much here this week. Everything is fine, DD quit her job at Applebee's (they were not giving her any shifts, so I can't blame her). Work is busy. The weather is getting hot (93 on Saturday) and there is no AC at work because of some roof working being done on the building. I sure hope it gets hooked back up today!!! My weight is finally coming down! I entered an Easter challenge with the calorie counters and hope to be down to 136 by Easter. Sunday saw 139.5!, but back up to 141 this morning. No problem--I usually go up to 143 on Monday mornings. I've also entered a bet with another member and we're going to try to go all week without wine (until Saturday). I won't win. DH is taking me out to dinner Friday for my bd and we have a huge party planned for Saturday.

Sorry I haven't checked in more often! Everyone take care and prayers for everyone who is sick or sad.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:49 AM   #32  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

I'm new to this group. I have just started posting on a some other groups but read a bit of this one and it seems like a great group of people.

I'm trying to lose a few pounds by eating properly and exercising - I've always been quite regular with exercise but it's the eating I've just recently gotten on track.

I look forward to chatting with you!
Old 03-13-2007, 10:21 AM   #33  

Welcome to the group Bikini Dreader--soon we'll be calling you "Bikini LOVER"!!!!
Old 03-14-2007, 05:47 AM   #34  

Bikini-Welcome to the group. There hasn't been much posting lately because we have all been busy, I guess. Anyway, you will love the ladies here! We have a few in Canada, which I notice is where you live. What plan are you following? If you would like to join the exercise thread, pop on in!

Gayle-What's happening in the senior hair world?

Allison-I hope your daughter finds another job soon (is she looking?)

Princess Dee-Are you home yet from your vacation?

Sherry-How are MIL and FIL and dad?

Vogue-Are you ready for prom?

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-14-2007, 08:34 AM   #35  
Losing it!

WELCOME NEWBIES! This is a great group of gals, you will be glad you landed here!

Allison, good luck to daughter finding a new job!! How are you doing with the wine challenge?

Shelley, how did the shoe inserts work for you? Senior hair land is going well. I wish I could say this was my first official week concentrating just on it, but not. I was chosen for jury selection so it messed up my schedule. Thank goodness I wasn't selected as a juror. It was a criminal case involving young children.

Cheryl, I bet your job can be stressful at times. Please try to remember, the person is upset at the situation, not you personally. How could they be? You are such a sweetie! Did you ever hear from Ramona?

Sher, I hope all the parents are doing better!

To all the other chickies I didn't mention, have a great OP day/week! Janice, don't get depressed if it is coming off slow. Vouge, I bet you are in Chicago? Deb, busy with school? Well, I need to go!
Old 03-14-2007, 09:58 AM   #36  

Good morning all! I don't think DD is planning on looking for a new job just yet. I'm sure she will eventually--especially when she starts getting the bills she has to pay (I make her pay for her own gas and cell phone, but I keep track of how much it is, and when she goes off to college, I'll give it back to her--kind of a secret savings account). Right now she is hoping her music will get her by. She and some friends have put together a jazz ensemble and hope to play around town. Okay, so 5-6 kids, $200-$400 per gig (usually the lower amount) and then split it up is not going to be much money. I think she'll realize that pretty quickly.

Oh, I got an insert in my newspaper from Las Vegas. Spamalot is playing there!!! I'm going to see if we can get tickets for the family to go see it. We're really big Monty Python fans and DD has the soundtrack. Should be fun. I hope we can work it out--schedules are pretty tight so there are only a couple weekends where we could manage it.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:33 AM   #37  

Allison-That's great about your DD's group. Good luck to them.

Gayle-The inserts are working great. I have actually run more since Saturday than in the last 8 or 9 mos! I am still having trouble with my toe, though. It burns and hurts (my 2nd toe.) I wear gel thingies on it, but it still hurts. I may even break 20 miles this week. Glad you weren't picked for jury duty. BTW, my friends at school got a kick out of that last email your forwarded. It was so cute (should I get a dog or child.)
Old 03-16-2007, 08:00 AM   #38  

Good Mornin'

I have to brag this morning!! My Son, Drew 19, bowls on 3 different bowling leagues. Well Wednesday night he bowled a perfect 300 game!!!! He'll be getting a diamond ring! He has always wanted to go Pro and travel. I hope he reaches out to his dreams.I'm so proud of him!

My other Son, Chris 24, Is still on the Sub (9 weeks now). He emailed me the other night. He now has his Dolphins! (that means he's a true sub man now!). Also he said when he gets back to WA (in May when he gets off the Sub) He starts his Petty Officer schooling.

One more thing.....I'm down 2 more lbs!!! Total 13.6 so far!

Sorry to brag so much but I'm so happy. Have a great day!
Old 03-16-2007, 09:04 AM   #39  

WTG Sherry!!! And contrats to your sons as well!
Old 03-16-2007, 09:21 AM   #40  
Losing it!

Sherry congrats to Drew & Chris! I wondered about Drew, is he living at home with you guys? I am a horrible bowler! It looks so easy but really requires skill.

Shelley, happy to hear you have somewhat happy footsies now! I found a new pair of Danskos in the box on ebay. I tried the same style on at a shoe store here so I knew my size. Saved around $50-$60 so hope I made a wise choice by trying to save a few dollars. They are (Dansko) a rather ugly shoe in my opinion and I will most often just wear them at the shop with jeans or capris, I picked a pair with a denim exterior instead of the leather. At this point, I am more concerned with comfort instead of appearance! LOL!

Allison, are you going to Vegas? I must really be from the boonies, I have never heard of Spamalot.

Well, I really need to get in gear! Steve has been gone since last Sunday and is getting home this afternoon. I need to sit down and pay bills, laundry all the fun stuff involved with life. I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-16-2007, 09:22 AM   #41  
Losing it!

Sherry! Great Job On The Weight Loss!
Old 03-16-2007, 10:26 AM   #42  

Gayle~it doesn't look like we'll go to Vegas. I want to go on a weekend and the only free ones we have are Easter (it'll be a ZOO there) and the 28th of April and that's the weekend that my in-laws leave town. If the show was going to be around longer (it ends June 3) we would be able to go after the kids are out of school. Oh well. And the show Spamalot is a musical version of Monty Python's Holy Grail (sort of). You have to be a Monty Python fan (as we all are--DH and I were big fans in college and now the kids love it, too).
Old 03-16-2007, 10:46 AM   #43  

Wow! Glad to see things are picking up around here again!

Sherry--that's GREAT about Drew and Chris! I love to bowl, but the highest game I've ever bowled was a 182 or 183. I can't even imagine a 300! Congrats on the weight loss, too!

Gayle, I just bought two pairs of shoes off of e-bay---both are great. The ones I bought are a Saucony running shoe in a style that's no longer made. I bought 2 pairs so I won't have to buy anymore for a while. When I find a pair of shoes that I really love, I hate it when they discontinue the style!! I tend to hoard them.

Allison--the trip to Las Vegas sounds great! Mom and I are planning our 1st semi-annual trip to Branson in May. I can't wait--it seems so far away!!! I've been trying to decide on a different local for our 2nd vacation this year. We always go to Branson, and we've been there a BUNCH of times now. It's just hard to find a place within driving distance (5-6 hour) that offers the same variety of things to do.

Where is our Princess????????

Hello to our Connecticut Floozies!

Shelley--how's Mike's back? How are you doing getting back into the jogging groove?

Hey to all the Newbies!

I feel like I'm forgetting someone...............Shelley, Sherry, Gayle, Janice, Debbi, Allison, Vogue (Hey Amy--hope your trip to Chicago wasn't all sadness), Suzy (Great news about Travis!)...............Still feel like I'm forgetting someone..............
Please, if I did leave you out, don't be hurt! I'm doing well to remember my own name these days!!!!!

Love, Cheryl
Old 03-16-2007, 03:56 PM   #44  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi Everyone!

Hello all!

I was invited here by someone who made my day today so I just wanted to say "HI." I will definitely be dropping by from time to time to learn all about this forum! From what I've read so far, ya'all sound mahvelous!

Happy Weekend!!!

Melinda
Old 03-16-2007, 04:31 PM   #45  

Melinda!!
Closed Thread