Weight Loss and Chitchat #238!

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • Tammy and Jodie ~ I too watched as they voted off sundance and kept the 'hair'. haha! Poor kid really he just isn't good and I think he knows it and is as equally surprised that he keeps coming back. People need to vote on the talent so they can find another Carrie Underwood (meaning someone with talent) But there's some good ones in there that I really like so ~ whatever...it'll work out. I really don't want hear the hair sing again tho...it makes me uncomfortable to see someone so out of the rest of the groups league singing. But now they're stuck with the kid.

Marti ~ sounds like you have some great plans for the weekend ~ crafting sounds fun! Whatcha going to be making? I haven't done much stuff like that for a long time. I used to make everyone something for Christmas. I'd do different types of stuff but it's been awhile.

Christina ~ the last time we moved we had to do it all in 4 days. This included painting everything first (in the new house) my hubby covered everything with white paint first so it'd be clean to move into. But that might be partially why I hated moving....had such a little time to do it in.
    Have fun packing up everything.. would be nice to start fresh!

Sue ~ good job on the eating right and walking! I will probably walk our dogs today with my hubby. It's something i've liked to do lately.

Jane ~ I know that I always feel better when I get my hair done....

Everyone else...psh...just had a 'moment' with my daughter and trying not to let it get to me. I think the hardest thing for me has been my daughters not wanting to be like me and to think that I don't do anything....and at times like that I feel so ugly and unwanted. It's so freakin' hard. It's the root of my depression. We had a little spat...it started over her telling me to clean out the fridge. And ended with I know when I'm your age i'll be doing a lot more than (what you do) ....basically...and me saying sorry I don't live up to your expectations and her saying uh huh! Wow....might as well stick a freakin' stake in my heart.

I gotta go for now...i'll talk to eveyone later.

Tina
  • Just a quick note. Went to the dr. She said all my numbers are really good- my cholesteral is a little high, but not enough to take meds. She told me how I can raise my good number and lower my bad and we will check again in a yr. What I don't understand is that my cholesteral went from 232 to 212 (fasting both times) in 5 days. She didn't get that either.

Anyhow, after talking to her, she put me on Wellbutrin. 150 mg for 2 wks and then up to 300 mg. She said that this should alliviate my symptoms and she wasn't worried about the constipation. She said I had some anxiety too- I thought well duh I could have told you that if you would have asked. It's supposed to help that also. I have to go back in 4 wks to see how I feel with the meds and then she will write a refillable prescription if it's working. She said that my husband will probably notice a difference before I do. :-)
  • hi to all
    Hi all: I just wanted to introduce myself as a newbie to the forum and someone who is just starting... yet again. The "jaded ladies" forum seemed right for the bazillionith time at trying to get and keep the weight off...

Tina: I'm sorry that you fought with your daughter. When you're young, you think life is easy and you're invincible. All you have to do is set your mind to whatever and it's yours, right? Ahh... to be young and so right about everything!

Some of us that have tried this weight loss thing a time or two know better... every decade that passes, with every failed diet, it gets harder and harder. But you are trying, and for that you should be very proud!!

Mothers and daughters are the most complicated relationships, don't you all think?

Anyway, enough of me spouting off. Just wanted to say hello and hope to talk to you all soon!

-karin
  • Hi Karin
    I am so glad you are here.
  • Karin,
    Thanks for that and welcome here! I know we are the most complicated ever ~ my son thinks our fights are so stupid...and they ARE. haha! It gets better because I get a call from the school today and she and her girlfriend left school to go to lunch (it's a closed campus) and this was her third strike and she's out...suspended until Monday morning when I meet with the DEAN. Stress enough?

Tina
  • Oh my!
    Yikes... you are under stress! Well, good luck over the weekend with your daughter and on Monday with the Dean. Just breathe deeply....

Everyone: thanks for the warm welcome!
  • Hello Ladies!!

I won't be on long as I have what Griffin had..he is much better..I am really wore out!

Jane-Hope you enjoyed your McKenzie day:-) AND the beautiful weather...

Tina- I know you will find yourself..your determination is infections!

Jen-I can relate to the evening sweet fix. I haven't found a cure, but I have found some acceptable substitutions..I love the 100 calorie packs of the hostess cakes and the lorna doone cookies. I also do the 60 calorie puddings which are pretty good. AND I love the slim bear ice cream sandwiches..my problem is portion control:-) I could eat 5 of them...

Marti--Thank goodness we have each other to help stay positive..I rely on you guys so much!! Thanks!

Tammy--Your party sounds interesting...I am having a jewelry party tomorrow and I am envisioning the looks if was a "toy" party (LOL)

Jane--Griffin is much better..amazing how this stuff travels through families..I am finally up and moving around..

Mindee--Can't wait to hear what you are having!!!

Christina- Hope V is better soon..there is some ugly viruses out there...take good care of him :-)

Karin WELCOME!!

Hello to everyone else...Sue, Mary Kate, Sassy,

I am off to bed..I am so tired..AND I missed who is gone on IDOL..will somebody fill me in...

Thanks and hugs to you all!!
  • Just dropping in with a quick Hi

I don't like posting at the end of the thread so will do individuals tomorrow sometime, in between packing, lol.

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!

Almost forgot... Karin! Glad to have ya here and look forward to getting to know you!
  • just making this a quick post since I am sure Marti or Jane is going to close this one up on us.

Karin~ welcome to the group!

Jodi~ That is great to hear how your appointment went. I have been secretly an AI fan since last year with Chris Daughtry. I was so mad when they kicked him off instead of Katherine. I agree......they shouldn't of kicked off Sundance last night! You could tell by Simon's reaction that he didn't agree with the voting either. But I kind of figured that Sundance would either get kicked off or he would leave because I heard a family member of his died in a house fire in the past couple of days.

nothing much going on this weekend. Tommy has to work on Saturday, and figures that he might as well just bite the bullet and work the weekends up until I have the baby that way he can get some time off without getting hassled for it. so, me and the boys will be hanging around the house and then who knows. I know we have some errands that Tommy needs to run and that he wants to go to Autorama, but I think Autorama will be on Sunday.
  • Evening Ladies!!

This thread is past it's prime....so let's head on over to 239.

See ya there!