Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 11:17 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Durham? Do you have this cold north wind? Brrr my walk was chilly this morning!
Old 03-15-2007, 12:08 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 189/182/137

Height: 5'4

Hey Susan
It was a bit windy but I was out of the house at 6am and it wasn't too bad then. I would love to go on morning walks but no way am i heading out that early! I go to curves mostly mon-fri and I love going the 4-5 times a week...but bad me...I missed last night as I took my dad to a Raptors game...oh well...I'll be sure to go tonight when I get home from work
Don't worry Susan, before you know it you'll have to go for a walk extra early to miss the hot humid sticky walks in the summer!

Sorry quick question...how do you add the picture below your user name?thx

Last edited by jcruz; 03-15-2007 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:06 PM   #138  

I asked for help in the help section and Suzanne fixed the picture for me. I'm not good with pictures
Old 03-15-2007, 02:34 PM   #139  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everybody . . .

I'm having a really weird day . . . hopefully the last of the time-change-lag coupled with the dull, dreary weather we are having . . . but I just do not seem able to stay awake today. By tomorrow, I'll probably wish I had today back. At least it is mild. Tormorrow the forecast is for SNOW.

JOELLE . . . to our group of Crazy Canuks, girl. Hope you will make this one of your regular stops as you cruise around this great big place called 3FC. I'm originally from Toronto; then lived in Kitchener for about 10 years; and then transferred down to Nova Scotia about 12 years ago.

To add an AVATAR to your name . . . in the purple bar at the top of any forum page, click on "User CP". Then in the control panel at the left of the new screen, click on "Edit Avatar". Then just follow the directions. There are over a hundred predesigned avatars you can chose from or, if you prefer, you can scroll down a little further and it will tell you how to add a custom avatar. Both SusanB and I have custom avatars. Photographs that are already resident elsewhere on our computers. Susan's is a photo of her (I think). My current one is a photo of the March 1 page of my desk-calendar. I tend to change mine a lot. Others stick with the same one all the time. BTW, that's the GROUNDHOG, checking to see if Spring really is here yet . . . don't listen to Ilene when she tries to tell you it is a demented squirrel.

Anyway gang . . . for everybody. Must go get some constructive things done before I decide to fall asleep again. Hope you all have a great moving and shaking kind of day and I'll see you later . . .
Old 03-15-2007, 02:44 PM   #140  
Chubby Bookworm

S/C/G: 155/ticker/125

Height: 5'7"

Hi Joelle! My little sister is named Joelle too, you're the first other one I've "met" to 3fc!!

I have a couple questions... maybe I'm being kinda dense but I have no idea what people are talking about when they say these, and they're everywhere... what is "Onederland"? And what does DH and DD etc mean? I'd really like to be able to know what people mean lol thanks!

back to studying for me... sigh...
Old 03-15-2007, 02:53 PM   #141  
Onward and Downward

Hi ROCKIE . . .

"Onderland" is my dream for 2007 . . . . . . It means that the scale has finally gotten down below 200 (ie; in the land of the '100's' or the 'ones'). Quite an accomplishment for those of us who started out much larger. Luckily, not something you have to strive for.

DH . . . DD . . . DS . . . etcetera mean DEAR (or sometimes DARN, depending on the context) HUSBAND, DAUGHTER, SON. Here is a link to a pretty inclusive list of acronyms that are used around here . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83430 . . . of course, you'll always bump into some that aren't on the list. Just feel free to ask, somebody will be happy to provide the answer.

Have fun . . .
Old 03-15-2007, 02:55 PM   #142  

Onederland is (one) as in less than two hundred pounds. Can you imagine how wonderful it must feel to finally see one hundred and anything rather than 2??.
DD is dear daughter
Dh is dear husband
DS is dear son ....
Old 03-15-2007, 03:38 PM   #143  
Chubby Bookworm

Ahh thanks, that helps hahah
Old 03-15-2007, 04:35 PM   #144  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Good Afternoon Everyone!!

O.K. So I've had better days...

-Went out for lunch with mom and had 4 spring rolls. My heart actually hurts, OK... it's probably my imagination and heartburn.
-Didn't go to gym.
-Lousy crap weather AGAIN!!

O.K. Tam...relax. Is it the end of the world? No.
If these are my biggest problems my life is pretty darn good.

The good news is that, I spent quality time with Mom. (Just back from the Briar. Retirees!! I'm so jealous.) Anyways she gave me a really really great recipe for low/f low/sug cranapple crisp. It is SOOOO good. If anyone wants it, lemme know.
I've made plans with my partner in crime to go and play tennis. Which means a whole lotta chasing after the ball and very little actual hitting the ball. Okay so it's really not tennis so much as a couple-a weirdo's chasing after a fuzzy green ball.

I'm telling you, if the weather doesn't break soon...I'm gonna freak. It's that promising taste of spring you get every year and then it promptly freezes and snows and your hopes are dashed and your bike has to stay in the garage for another week??????

O.K. poor me. You're all Canadian. You get it.

I'm going to appeal to the masochist in me and mark assignments now.
Everyone have a wonderful day!!
Tammy
Old 03-15-2007, 08:01 PM   #145  
Ilene the Bean

Tammy -- You're right it's not the end of the world, hang in there... Quality time with moms are awesome, my mom is 79 and spend as much time as I can with her, and I make sure my DD knows that I spend this quality time because I want her to spend that time with me when I'm 79 , I don't actually say ithat I want her to spend the time with me but I try to lead by example... OH, and I get your tiredness with the weather, I've had it up to here too ...

Today I have been a total sloth, didn't do any exercise, except walk the mall, it feels good to do nothing ... Plus I didn't spend any money, DH will be happy ...
Old 03-15-2007, 08:35 PM   #146  
Chubby Bookworm

Hi all! Hope everything is going well... I'm feeling good as tomorrow is Friday!! Although I do have a midterm tomorrow... which I am obviously procrastinating and not studying for...
I just got back from aerobics and it was such a good workout! My legs are buuuurrrnnning... the first few days back to any kind of exercise regime are the worst, I feel so out of shape. But proud of myself for going! Did good on the food front too Hope everyone's day went well!
I know what you mean about the weather lol... we have a winter storm watch?!? In march?? Are you kidding me... but it's the first day of spring next week so it's gotta get better soon!
Old 03-15-2007, 09:25 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 189/182/137

Height: 5'4

Evening Girls

This is one of those rare moments in the evening that I have the opportunity to get on the computer. Most of it is done during the day at work...heehee
Thanks for the warm welcomes girls. It really does help having people in your corner!

Rockie86~~Good luck with your midterm tomorrow! Wow I've never 'met' or known anyone else with my name...pretty cool... actually thats a lie. I did meet one GUY with my name. Spelt and pronounced the same...strange huh?
Meowee~~I'm sorry but I have to agree that it does bare a slight resemblance to the demented squirel that roams our backyard...lol... But he's cute nonetheless! thanks for the input to add the pic...just me and my son during our trip to Seattle 2 weeks ago. Thats funny...I live in T.O (well outside T.O) but work downtown, my dh is from cambridge and my brother lives in waterloo and my dad is from springhill...sorry I saw the 'slight' similarities...lol

Feeling pretty good right now. Went to curves tonight and hopped on the scale and I'm down another 2lbs! I've finally hit 180.2 and I haven't seen that in...hmmm...YEARS! I kept hovering in the 182-186 range for the longest time, now the 170's actually feel in reach!

Have a good night girls and if I don't have a chance to hop on at work (supposed to be busy tomorrow) have a great weekend!
Old 03-16-2007, 07:56 AM   #148  

It looks like we're going to have a wild variety of weather in our country today. What's happening where you are?
So far here it's partly sunny.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:26 AM   #149  
Onward and Downward

Wowee . . . another typical early spring day in Atlantic Canada is shaping up . . . we have a winter storm warning for the next 24 hours . . . first snow (anywhere from 10 to 30 cm predicted) followed by freezing rain and then, overnight tonight, changing to regular rain . . . all coupled with gale force winds So far . . . just threateningly overcast and windy.

When I was a teen-ager (back when dinosaurs still roamed the earth) my maiden name was 'Reed' and some of my friends used to call me 'Lin'. Anyway, I went to high school with a boy named, you guessed it, Lyn Reid. You can imagine some of the very strange phone calls both of us used to receive.

Well, gang, I'd better get out and get some milk and cream and a few other staples before the weather decides to really start being nasty . . . hope everybody has better weather than we are supposed to be getting. Keep things moving and shaking and I'll talk to you all again really soon.

PS -- Just wait until you see the next Avatar I've got planned.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:25 PM   #150  
Chubby Bookworm

Yay for atlantic canada's weather... at least our winter storm watch is gone, but it's still pretty darn chilly here, with flurries... I can not wait for summer! Spring would be nice too but it basically just means a few weeks of mud and rain and more mud here. I'm going out west this summer and I'm looking forward to a dry summer

My midterm went well, pretty sure I aced it or came close! Always a good thing. I am just about to call telus for another phone battle... this is the 6th time they have screwed up our bill in as many months. I am getting fed up with this and I am wondering if I can get out of this plan... it's a one year contract though. Even though they have reneged on the stipulated terms of the contract each time and we have kept up with our side, I don't know if they'll let us out of it. Sooo frustrated!

I haven't gone to the gym yet today but it is early yet. I'm planning to go in an hour or two. I'm really quite stiff and sore from the last couple days though, so I think I will have to take it a little easier today. Oh well. Gotta go anyway, can't lose steam now!!

Hope y'all are having a wonderful friday!!
Closed Thread