Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 08:51 AM   #76  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hello my east coast sister - how YOU doin' ?
Old 03-13-2007, 08:54 AM   #77  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Cool Hola Chicas!!!

I AM LOVING THAT THE SUN RISES EARLIER AND SETS LATER. I CAN KISS THE WINTER DOLDRUMS GOODBYE SHORTLY. I HOPE AUTUMN IN AUSSIELAND IS WARM!!!! MUST BE WARMER THAN HERE ANYWAY! LOL TODAY IS GOING TO BE A LAZY DAY. I HAVE A FILE CABINET THAT NEEDS SORTING AND CONCENTRATING ON. SO THAT'S THE PLAN.
HAPPY TUESDAY!

HAPPY~ A BOUQUET OF GET WELL FLOWERS FOR YOU. GET WELL SOON! SORRY THE E-MAIL WASN'T SO CHEERFUL...BUT I AM GETTING THERE HOPE YOU ARE NOT AS GREEN THIS MORNING

PAINTER~ YES THE STORES OF ENERGY NEED RECHARGING. SOMETIMES I HAVE TO ADMIT THAT IT'S NOT EASY BEING ME YOUR TRIP SOUNDED WONDERFUL. ESPECIALLY THE DOWN TIME SKETCHING etc!! NICE SAVE ON THE EATING ALSO.

CEEJAY~ I LIKE TO EXERCISE MORE IN THE MORNING. FEELS GOOD TO GET IT OVER WITH! SOMETIMES MY PROBLEM IS EATING AFTER 7 ON THE WEEKENDS!!

SHAD~ MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO INTO THE TRAVEL BUSINESS!! SEEMS LIKE YOU'RE DOING A BETTER JOB THAN MOST AGENTS DO.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:07 AM   #78  
Happy September

I AM DOING WELL HAPPY BUT WISH YOU FELT BETTER. SENDING MANY HUGS FOR THE CRAPPY THROAT

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-13-2007 at 09:40 AM.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:12 AM   #79  
Happy September

I missed when Madcat brought the cat along!!! THE "SMACKIN INTO THE WALL AND THE BIG SNOTTY CITY" ARE CRACKING ME UP!! GOTTA LOVE THE THOUGHTS GOING ON THERE!! AND THE CAT!!!

BTW HAPPY....THE PICTURE YOU CHOSE FOR YOUR AVATAR IS PERFECT!! VERY BEAUTIFUL.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:21 AM   #80  

Hey!! I was in late last night to read. HUGS!!!!!

Good Morning!!!

There is a weak sun shining thru the trees. I slept 9 hours.
In counselling on Sunday I was told to take a day off. No computer ,no housework,no laundry, no cooking nothing but hanging out. Has any woman/wife/mom ever actually done this????

Right now I would love to go and lallygag in bed, watch some tv,read, doze, play with the kitties, take a bath..................
BUT I need to feed the kids, clean the kitchen, do laundry, pack Avon..............
I will give myself til 9:30 to start so I can veg a bit. And i will watch my soaps this aft. It’s been 6 weeks. No plans tonight either. I did for others ALL weekend long too. I was alone Sunday aft so thtt was nice and I did go for counselling which is good but I wouldn’t call it pleasant. She is tough on me. No wiggling around issues. Holda me accountable. Asks tough questions and keeps asking till I answer honestly. All in a very kind, professional way.
My neck has been stiff for weeks. Now my chest muscles hurt from lifting yesterday.
If i can peel the kids from the video game I will do my Yoga DVD.

Last night......
Home from work. HUGE job but great people. I was VERY dirty.We spent 7.5 hours in a kitchen alone and took out about 20 boxes( 3X3X3 ft) of sellable stuff and 6 bags of garbage............hubby was home at 5:15. He heated up leftovers for himself and the kids. I got got home at 6:00. Hugged and kissed my boys lots and then they left for hockey in Thamesford. I warmed up different leftovers .
Checked mail.... It’s freezing in here. It is raining and i am feeling the damp. Only 4 hours sleep last night doesn’t help either.( damn time change)

I took a desperately need a bath to soothe my tired bones ,clean up and get warmed up. Will start the fire in a bit............ right now i am having a cafe mocha.

I dont have to work tomorrow...... yippee!!!! So much to do here, of course, but I am happy to be home!
At the very least tonight I will get a load of whites done and tidy the kitchen and run the DW.Tomorrow I will catch up on and complete ALL my Avon stuff. Work on the damn tax stuff.

Got over to Grandma’s yesterday. Picked up 23 boxes of new flooring. 2 more to get.
Kids had a good day with our neighbour/sitter here today. I left at 7:30 to get to work in time. Won a free coffee at Tim’s!!

Spose the clothes wont put themselves in the washer.

HUGS!!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 10:19 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Holly--take time to smell the roses. You are working to hard. Thursday is my r and r time.

Happy--Isn't it weird that spring has sprung while our backs was turned. Looked out the window here at work and the trees across the street are putting out leaves. It's nice to see the green emerging.

Mel You are becoming a computer expert. Love the little mouse.

PainterW.--Wow California. I'm going sometime this year to visit my niece.
Will be coming to DFW April 12-16 to visit with my sis. She's hired (no pay) me to plant flowers out by theirpool. I'm always afraid I'll take one step to many and land in the pool. I'm the only operator here in the day time.

Shad-I thought about you last night when the weather channel showed Australia. I actually knew some of the names of the places.

Suzi and Carla--Hello.

I really need to be down stairs cleaning but just am not in the mood,maybe later. I will also have the gross job of cleaning the float balls sometime today.
It feels like someone has smacked me across the face. My sinuses are infected already.
Rode 30 more minutes on the bike this morning. Have my food planned except for tonight and I'm thinking tuna salad. Forgot to bringmy tea bag so today it will be water or nothing. I'm trying to go low carb and I think this has been the best route for me so far.
I'm going to call the airlines today to make reservations for my Dallas trip.

Think thin!
Old 03-14-2007, 02:33 AM   #82  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Glad to see we are teaching you geography CeeJay. Always a good thing to learn where things and places are. A big wide world we live in with lots of places to go and things to see.

Mel, I just love the sleepy Happy mouse. Makes me feel all warm and cozy - oh wait, warm and cozy - yikes the temps outside are well into the 30's and the humidity is right up there and it is not too pleasant. Fawlty towers is having problems with the humidity. I had the dryer going this morning and there are wet floors all over the place. At first I thought maybe the washing machine had overflowed, but no, because the dryer isn't vented to the outside, the steam is all over the place and it condenses on the cold tile floors. Hence the place is covered in towels at the moment and I have turned the air-con up or down as the case maybe to semi freezing. Sort of thought that if I was going to have a slippery slidey floor, I might as well have ice on it and can put my skates on!!! One would have thought that with the gaps in the wall, the place would have been adequately ventilated but apparently not!

Carla thanks for the pm. I have printed it out and will include it in the guff that I already have. I'm hoping for Toronto around 10th/11th and will stay about 3/4 days. I'm all set for Arizona, but still haven't heard back from NM so maybe that won't be a goer. I'm sure they will let me know just after I decide to change my plans and book another trip.

Haven't yet booked on the Rocky Mountaineer. Was going to get to it this week, however I'm doing the nightshift (8.00pm - midnight training)Wednesday, Thursday, Friday so may not be in any fit state to think when I get up in the morning. Thursday is 12.30pm start and midnight finish. I will be BRAINDEAD after that one.

Happy - hope the throat comes right soon. You've had that long enough.

Holly - your days sound frantic. Take care. Counsellors are always trying to ensure the Mother gets the guilt trip. All very well but when you are the sole earner, the chief cook, the financier, the nurse, the cleaner, the educator, the lover and the bloody doorman all the time something has to give. Don't accept all the guilt. It is NOT all your fault.

Can't go back to comment on any other posts before this page, the thing will hang or do something equally stupid, anyway it is time for me to pack it all up and go home for some dinner and then go out to site for training - I should meet up with the roosters coming back.
I'll be back at midnight? Not on your nelly I won't
Old 03-14-2007, 08:18 AM   #83  
Choose your hard

Good morning chicks. Not much time to post. I have an all day class today - just what I need as I am drowning in work requests right now. I reached a turning point in the cold yesterday - I think I will get better - that is if the bloody thing doesn't turn around and relapse.

What a mess you have at the flat Shad!

I'll try and get back tonight. Carry on all...
Old 03-14-2007, 09:45 AM   #84  
Happy September

OK MISS HAPPY WE WILL BE CARRYING ON.....
HAVE A GOOD CLASS DAY

SHAD~ IN ANOTHER LIFETIME I WILL TAKE YOU AROUND NYC!! SORRY YOU'LL BE ON YOUR OWN. HOPE YOUR CLASS WENT WELL ALSO AND THE ROOSTERS ARE KEEPING UP!!

CEEJAY~ DID YOU MEAN THE FLOAT BALLS AT WORK?? RIGHT AWAY I THOUGHT OF MY OWN LOO! THE LITTLE MOUSE IS FROM HEATHERANIMATIONS.COM
THERE ARE SOME ADORABLE THINGS THERE AND LOTS OF OTHER STUFF AS WELL.

HOLLY~ GET THEE TO A NUNNERY!!!! THEN MAYBE YOU WILL FIND REST.

I AM FINDING IT DIFFICULT TO GET USED TO THE TIME CHANGE. FIRST I WAS UP TOO EARLY AND NOW I AM DRAGGING MY BUNS AND GETTING UP LATE. GEEZ!!!
HOPE I SETTLE DOWN SOON. SINCE THE PC CRASH I AM USING AN OLD KEYBOARD AND MOUSE. I LIKE THE KEYBOARD BETTER BUT LOVED THE REMOTE MOUSE. THERE WAS NO "DRAG" ON IT AND EASIER TO USE FOR MY SHOULDER/ARM. WONDER IF I CAN REINSTALL THE SET OF KEYBOARD AND MOUSE AND JUST USE THE PLUG IN KEYBOARD ANYWAY. HMMMMMM MISS SUPER TECH WILL HAVE TO MAKE A FEW PHONE CALLS AND SEE WHAT OTHERS SMARTER THAN SGHE THINKS
I THOUGHT TODAY WAS ST PATRICKS DAY AND BEGAN COOKING LAST NIGHT. SILLY ME. SO WE ARE HAVING THE TRADITIONAL USA FARE OF CORNED BEEF TODAY!
SOMETIMES I WONDER ABOUT MYSELF!
HAPPY WEDNESDAY AND HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
Old 03-14-2007, 06:12 PM   #85  

Mel--Yes the float balls at work.

This sight is giving me fits. If I'm not back for a couple of days you will know why.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:45 AM   #86  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all, or rather afternoon really. It just seems like morning.

Training last night went fine. Several of the blokes came racing in and said - oh it's you back again, Howya doin', whatsup, and goodtaseeya. - They are always such fun. Gotta go back tonight and do it all over again and the roosters tell me they are coming to class tonight as well. Okay. This could be fun. I might just put them to work.

Poor Happy, just gets out of one mess and is madly into a boring old 1 day training session. Are you taking the session or learning from it?

Mel, I don't expect you to take me out and about. We will just go for gentle strolls down to the park or the river or wherever. I will probably spend a day in NYC, but apart from a couple of things I want to see, it doesn't really worry me that much. Sure there are lots of things for the tourist to see and do, but I don't usually try for the tourist path. And besides, I'm not sure if you are ready for the Kiwi in US syndrome yet. Not many people are.

not much else to report here. I'm staying out of trouble but only just. The humidity has eased somewhat so the floors are dry again - until I do the next wash no doubt. The lift (elevator) broke down again this morning. There were some removalists in to clear an apartment. Poor guys had to run up and down 5 floors (80) steps with the boxes of stuff. They really earned their money today. And to make matters worse, they had packed all the stuff onto the truck and only had 2 boxes remaining and the lift decided to work once more. %^&(& They were too pooped to react so I did it for them!

Better go see what else I can do around the place. I might be back if I can't find any work to do - or I may go home and snooze for an hour or so.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:52 AM   #87  
Choose your hard

Happy rainy morning to you,

No sense even attempting to fix the hair this morning other than to just comb it straight.

Class was ok yesterday tho a waste of time. The trainer was a sweet old dear but she was a yakker and she spent far too much of the class talking about her impending retirement at the end of the month - yes we are excited for you but get on with it already - and not nearly enough time talking about the topic of problem solving. And so it is back to the tornado of a job today. I am feeling better. Still sniffly and once I get into the dry office my voice will no doubt go down to a croak again. I fear I may have gotten one of my co-workers sick too. She has bronchial issues so colds are 10 times worse for her. We will see if she me today. They tell you not to come in and infect everyone but they don't really mean it because the work demands and deadlines never step aside no matter what. Right?

Mel, thank you for the get well flowers. They must have helped because I am feeling better. Next time I will ask for them sooner Stay warm and dry - the rains are headed your way!

Shad, for a minute reading your story I thought that you helped the blokes with the remaining boxes - then I realized you probably meant that you would do the yelling and the swearing for them now that the lift was fixed too late to do them any good. Hope you were able to sneak a short nap in yesterday.

Ceejay - argh - the idea of float balls is not a pretty one. I hope you have a thick rubber suit and a gas mask for that job Bear with the response time on the site here - yes it does get very frustrating at times. I can't find any pattern to it either. Sometimes I think it's my internet provider since service has gone steadily downhill since the new vendor took over.

Holly

Ok, I'd best be done with this and out the door for whatever adventures await me. Have a good day and hello to the rest of the worldly chicks.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:19 PM   #88  
Happy September

Default Buenos Noches Chicas!!

VERY BUSY DAY DAY AT POOLSIDE
WILL CATCH UP TOMORROW!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FWWhyWom.jpg (15.4 KB, 8 views)
Old 03-15-2007, 07:26 PM   #89  
Happy September

CEEJAY~ SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE FORUM PROBLEMS. OTHERS HAVE SAID THE SAME. HOPE IT CLEARS UP FOR YOU

SHAD~ SO GLAD FAWLTY TOWERS IS STILL ENTR\ERTAINING ME BUT SO SORRYFOR YOU LIL SIS!!

HAPPY~ GLAD YOU ARE FEELING BETTER!! STAY DRY AND WARM!! HOPE THE CO-WORKER IS OK TOO. NASTY BUGS THESE WINTER/SPRING COLDS. IT'S ALREADY RAINING AND THE SNOW IS EXPECTED TOMORROW WITH COLD TEMPS

ok all caught up!!!
Old 03-15-2007, 10:40 PM   #90  

Mel--Loved the picture--that's me or are we twins?

Happy and Shad--Don't work to hard.

Mother nature has turned nasty on us again. That North wind is cold.

Gyn visit went okay although I've shrunk a half inch. He's going to do a bone density test when I go back for my mammogram. I was a little dissappointed in the weight though. His scales read 190 at 1.30 p.m. and mine read 187 at 8 a.m. I did eat breakfast. I'm taking my reading. Not so sure in the morning what they will read. I did eat pizza tonight. Don't think I'll have it anymore. It didn't agree with me.

I was 10 minutes shy of my exercise goal. :sigh:

A 7 a.m. insurance meeting in the morning at the fire department. I'm wondering why they have put us together and why on my days off. ugh.

Last edited by ceejay52; 03-15-2007 at 10:56 PM.
Closed Thread