Old 03-03-2007, 06:31 PM   #16  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

hey!!! where is the link to your online letter!!! i want to READ it ~!!!!!
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:16 PM   #17  
Member w/ messiest house

Well, the letter to the ed. hasn't been published yet, don't know if it will be. But the online discussion is here.

I really did rake the snow off the roof. I took a picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P3030189cropfix.jpg (47.5 KB, 9 views)
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:01 AM   #18  

Way to go... interesting thread of posts. If the Dept. of the Interior weren't blackmailed by corporate interests, maybe we'd have a better public lands policy. I understand that even Nature Conservancy is deemed to be corrupted in some circles. I wish that people just had to sit down and talk until they came to agreements. Instead of the person with the sleaziest lawyer, most money, or biggest gun (or best blackmail secrets) winning.

Trippytext IS pretty annoying. I'm going to go see what I can concoct. :-)
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:50 AM   #19  
The magic shrinking cow

Hello! I'm here, behind on schoolwork, haven't exercised in a month, and am currently obsessed with knitting. Wabby, hope Grandpa Jim is doing better. Bagzie, I feel for your friend's DD.
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:54 AM   #20  
loves kleenex box art

Kiwi, darling, please straighten your arm. Then come clean my bathroom.

Bagzie I'm glad the dd is reaching out to you. So sad. The other day we had terrible tornadoes here and the roof was blown off an Alabama school and eight kids were killed when the walls fell on them. They keep showing those beautiful faces on tv and telling that they were on the baseball team, played trumpet, was a cheerleader, etc. Young people are so beautiful and you just want to scoop them up and take care of them.

If I keep the tv on I will soon hear of this guy's 90-minute visit to Heaven after his car was hit by a truck and he was killed. I keep thinking of Gilligan's 3-hour tour. Why were all those people on the tour without a companion? I want to vacation with my Cal friend but AS ALWAYS am so broke. Cheap ideas?

I don't know how to multiquote. I clicked on the button but nothing happened.

I am stressed out by work. I love my afternoon class. I look so forward to it and even the worst kids are wonderful. But they've (temporarily .. lol) given me a morning class that is ****. ****. ****. In many ways it is ****.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:31 PM   #21  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainterWoman View Post
I wish that people just had to sit down and talk until they came to agreements. Instead of the person with the sleaziest lawyer, most money, or biggest gun (or best blackmail secrets) winning.
That is so true. When it comes down to people talking to each other, almost anything can be worked out. I suppose that's the reason for all the lawyers and lobbyists and so on -- everyone wants to get their own way and avoid having to "see the other person's side" of things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
If I keep the tv on I will soon hear of this guy's 90-minute visit to Heaven after his car was hit by a truck and he was killed. I keep thinking of Gilligan's 3-hour tour. Why were all those people on the tour without a companion? I want to vacation with my Cal friend but AS ALWAYS am so broke. Cheap ideas?
I am so confused. Perhaps I should go look at the news. DH is on the right coast for another week and a half, want to go vacation with our friends at the marina? I hear they may have a vacancy on the RV that they park for the winter while they live on the boat. There. Now I've confused you.
Quote:
I don't know how to multiquote. I clicked on the button but nothing happened.
The multiquote button is sort of like a marker. When you click it, wait for a moment and it should turn orange and the little + should turn into a -. Then when you are ready to do your reply, hit the regular Quote button on any of the posts you have marked and your message box should contain all of the quotes that you marked. Make sense? If the button doesn't turn orange, click it again once or twice.

Gotta go retrieve my puppy from the front steps. She like to just sit out there. Even when it's cold. She has a very furry butt.

I'm not coming to clean your bathroom. I suggest you just turn a high pressure hose on it.

Kiwi
Old 03-04-2007, 04:17 PM   #22  
loves kleenex box art

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwonk View Post
Tn the boat. There. Now I've confused you.
The multiquote button is sort of like a marker. When you click it, wait for a moment and it should turn oran
Kiwi
I only see one opportunity to get this quitie things. What else do I need to know to multi-do-it.

Stop confusing me.

1. Guy on church show went to heaven to 90 minutes. Wrote a book called 90 minute visit to heaven .. or something like that.

2. Gilligan got shipwrecked on a 3-hour tour.

Is that better?
Old 03-04-2007, 05:13 PM   #23  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
I only see one opportunity to get this quitie things. What else do I need to know to multi-do-it.
Okay now you're just confusing me on purpose. What?

So the guy says he went to heaven for 90 minutes. Why didn't he stay there? Who told him it was 90 minutes or did he come up with that himself? Will there be a sitcom? Will they call it 90 minutes and will it last for 30 minutes? If it lasts for 30 minutes, will there only be 3 episodes?

I went out snowshoeing and now I can't type. I'm exhausted. And I'm horrified to find that there are no snow or ski pants in this house that fit me. I have a lovely pair of Columbia pants that are Men's size Medium that used to fit me. I couldn't drag them over my hips for gods sake. So anyway I went out and tried to break a trail down the hill into woods to find the big play ball that Jet lost over the hill a couple of weeks ago. Well, the snow was so deep I gave up after about 50 yards. I was making holes in the snow over 2 feet deep. That's exhausting. So then I went on the good trail, the nice already-broken trail, but I didn't get far there either because I was TAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRD. So taaaaaaahhhhhhhhrrrrddd.

I think I'll put up a new avatar and then change my signature again. Then I will need a nap...

Kiwi
Old 03-04-2007, 05:16 PM   #24  
Member w/ messiest house

When I am tired and I see "Originally Posted by Cowpernia" it looks like "Originally Composted". It's nothing personal...
Old 03-04-2007, 05:52 PM   #25  
loves kleenex box art

please change that kiwi nightmare sign.

the guy didn't stay in heaven because people HERE ON EARTH were praying that he'd stay alive. So, he started singing some hymn along with a guy praying over his body which was trapped in the car, and the guy yelled," He's alive" and quickly left him to deal with his squashed leg, broken ribs, etc. But now he's ok. It was 90 minutes after the wreck that he started singing.

I like the wolf in the snow. What happened to your puppy?

I saw on tv that for $400+ you can buy some CDs that are guarnateed to exercise you back into your pants. Want me to look them up for you? ORRRRRR. while everyone is gone, eat tv dinners. I met a guy in the supermarket who lost 37 lbs in 2 months doing that. They are portion sized. Only eat one per meal.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:08 PM   #26  
Member w/ messiest house

I changed it. Who knew it could be worse?

The wolf ate my puppy. She's sorry; you can tell by looking at her eyes. See? "I'm sorry I ate your puppy. And all the kleenex in the trash can." That's not snow, by the way, that's a quilt. I know you live in Florida, but I'm sure you've seen quilts before.

Wow, I could easily live on TV dinners. I like easy processed food. I wonder if you could eat a can of Chef Boyardee at every meal and lose weight? Before you die of malnutrition, I mean.

What would I do for my 18 snacks a day, though?

I must go make something healthy for dinner. I had a cheese and onion omelet for lunch. I think salad for dinner. Oo, maybe some brown rice.

Kiwi
Old 03-04-2007, 06:29 PM   #27  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Here is why I am thankful....

that I am not a celebrity. If this could happen to Sally Kirkland, it could happen to anyone. Caption says it was taken at the Oscars in 2002.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:54 PM   #28  
loves kleenex box art

I have never heard of Sally Kirkland but on reading about her at Wikipedia, this is not how a health enthusiast should look. What does it mean that she performed a spiritual marriage as a last request of Shelley Winters? Who got married? And what else does it mean?

I've seen quilts. Been a long time since I've seen snow. My confusion is natural.

I watched some old movies that were recorded eons ago by Herbie and kept around by me for rainy afternoons. At the end was a newscast of the breaking of the Clinton/Lewinski story. Was the presidency to be hurt by these allegations? Would they proven untrue? They played Clinton denying the whole thing and reminded the audience that he also denied a 12-year affair with the blonde woman and explained that he denied the 12-year part. It could've been 11 years.

Not liking the bubble gum sign much either. Are you going wild with dh gone?
Old 03-04-2007, 08:02 PM   #29  
Member w/ messiest house

Yes.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:19 PM   #30  
Member w/ messiest house

Wow, you wanna know something weird? While DH is out of town, we are emailing back and forth now and then as well as talking on the phone every couple of days. I swear these emails are being written by someone I've never met. Very strange. Anyone ever have this experience, someone you know really well, sounds like a whole other person in writing?

Then again, look at my sig. Maybe we've both gone mad.

kiwi