3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks 2/19/07 - 2/25/07 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/105051-hot-healthy-challenge-chicks-2-19-07-2-25-07-a.html)

dollypie 02-19-2007 11:28 AM

Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks 2/19/07 - 2/25/07

What is Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks?
A bunch of us were all part of different challenges together, and when the challenges ended, we decided not to! So we all came together and decided to start a long term challenge group, and we called them the Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks!

-Anyone can join the group no matter what your goals are or where you are in your weight loss journey.
-We are here to support each other, encourage each other, laugh together, and cry together.
-Our unified goal is to exercise, eat right (whatever diet plan we may each separately be following), and have fun!
-We encourage new members, as the more that join, the more friends we have to support us along the way!
-We only ask that you follow one teensy, tiny rule. At the beginning of each month we state what our goals are, and they can be WHATEVER YOU WANT!
Then at the end of the month we can share how well we did with our goals, etc. However, sharing at the end of the month is completely optional.

We can do this!!

dollypie 02-19-2007 11:46 AM

Okay thought I would start the new thread for the week. My first time... Well things have settled down at work and at home. Made it through the weekend without over doing it. The first time in a while, it is probably because we didn't go anywhere or no one was at our house. My goal this week is going to increase my running and run for 28 minutes straight, it will be a challenge but I am up for it!

marbleflys 02-19-2007 12:50 PM

I muddled through the weekend...I was good (productive & organized) and I was *bad*....I ate 4 coconut macaroons........but they were good (damit)! and worth every calorie...so I'm sucking it up and cutting back today.

my tailbone is healing nicely so there is no reason not to exercise.

Sharon I'm sorry for your loss, it's hard to take care of a parent, My brother and I take turns with mama, but now my bro (only sibling) is seriously ill, dx w/an aggressive BIG C..... lately I'm the only game in town...(no wonder I *deserved* the macaroons?)

Dollie you are doing great, I try to set a little challenge for myself too. I still haven't hit the 4 hour per week goal (i've been at it for 8 weeks now). The best I've done is 3hrs. and 20 mins.....soon, soon! If I don't get off the buttisimo and start working it, I'll be embarassed later in my shorts and bathing suit.

Hi to everyone else who is MIA, they are enjoying president's day off from work?

Jasmine31 02-20-2007 12:18 PM

SHaron I missed the last part of the last thread but you lost a parent? Honey I am soooo sorry! I have already lost my mom at age 52 and my dad at 65. I know how hard it it. I hope you can find peace!!! *big hugz* If ya need to talk just shoot me a pm hun!

Dolly:

Keep up the great job!

Marbles:

I am sure you deserved the coconut!

Well ladies I haven't been focusing much on cal counting or walking like I should. I am not gaining, just maintaining! With all the upset of the last few weeks I shouldn't be surprised! Two days after cps knocked at my door, the police did! The cps guy told me they cross reference and when they come to give them his card and say we are clear etc. Well the cop came the nite after valentines day. And guess what? The house was clean, the kids were clean, there was still plenty of food and I was (horror of horrors) cooking a nice pot of chili and corn bread!!!! How did that happen? Oh and I forgot, we still weren't abusing the kids!!!

hahahahahahahahhaahahahah

The cop walks in and he's like, "Something smells good!" lol

I told him I know what this is about , cps stopped already etc. He said, well I can see there is no cause for concern here but I still have to go thru the motions and talk to the kids. I said that is fine and he went and got something from the car.

It still really pisses me off being accused of "neglect" or not feeding them enough.

I almost lmao when he went and asked my 14 year old daughter who is like 285 pounds if she gets enough to eat!!!!!! Ummm hello???? hahahahahahaha

I am so far from the food neglect thing it is not funny. I not only feed them, we not only have food stockpiled, but I make ALOT of stuff from scratch every week!!!

Just in the last two weeks I have made from scratch,

Cornbread muffins
blueberry~ rasberry muffins
chocolate chip muffins
rolls
bread
choc. chip cookies
sugar cookies
meatballs
sphgetti sauce
enchilada sauce
salsa
pizza sauce
pizza dough
pizza
chili
chili beans
mayonnaise
tortillas
home made burritos and froze them

etc. I can't even think of what else. Why would I spend so much time cooking from scratch when it is so much easier and quicker to throw them convenience foods. (I am not knocking anyone who doesn't and/or who works and certainly doesn't have time)

Because I am concerned with them eating nutritious food. Cause I don't like all the trans fat and preservatives and stabilizers they put in already prepared food. We also just purchased a grain mill so that we can grind our own org. wheat so we can have it fresh and get all the nutrients possible. Did any of you know that wheat actually goes rancid 72 hours after first ground? Yep! Sheesh.

You ladies really give me alift. I know alot of you have been there, Canuk and Marbles in particular! *BIG HUGZ* and it really gives me a lift when we can all sit here and laugh about it. Marbles I am sorry you are jaded about marriage but I can understand why. I try to look to my grandma as and example. She was married and had two boys and her marr. fell thru. She picked herself back up, met and married a wonderful man and they had 3 girls, my mom the first. They were married happily for about 46-47 years before he passed on at 84. That was 11 years ago. I am so proud of my grandma and the life she lived. She always stressed healthy living and exercise and her house was always really clean. My mom was always sick when I was growing up so she was not as rigorous about stuff as my grandma, kind of like vacuum once a week but never even think to steam clean.

Anyhow. I am also very proud of my two aunts and the way the have lived as well. My Aunt M and her dh after being married 20 years or so they hit a rough patch between two jonbs and going to some college classes. He moved in with his sis for about a month. But you know what? They got counseling and they worked it out and that was years ago and they are stronger than ever now.

Marriage doesn't have to be this terrible thing. But it also takes two people who actually care and want to work on it. That is what I really love about Joe. He has taught me the value of taking care of things and fixing what is broke. And even the things we try to get, though it may sound silly, it is like building a future and basing it on something stronger that is less likely to wear down.

With my ex it seems like our relationship was characterized by disposable items. A cheap $20.00 mixer. It breaks? So what, throw it out! A cheap $50.00 vacuum. It breaks? So what, throw it out!

My ex was notorious for not knowing how to fix anything! Believe me that man could even screw up a brake job!! :lol:

Anyhow with Joe from the moment he got here he has been fixing things. If something absolutely can't be fixed we replace it of course but the big thing I am talking about here is taking great care of the things you have and getting something that has quality, not something just plain "cheap".

Like our kitchenaid mixer we got for the wedding. We did get it as a gift but we were planning on buying it if we didn't get one. That is something that when taken care of will last a long time. We also spent $1400.00 on a kirby vacuum. We are making payments on it but after 10 years of having to get a new cheap one every 6 months come on!

Anyhow that man has been fixing things since he first came. Fixing cars, he knows alot about mechanical and electrical which is a real blessing. Patching walls, fixing faucets, toilets, painting, etc. He also fixed my broken heart. :)

I just notice a huge difference with him. He takes great care of the things he has and is very organized. He is definately rubbing off on me! :lol: It has been thru his tender love and care that I have come this far. Back to caring about myself again, caring about my appearance, the house, etc. I still have a ways to go but being 204 is a huge difference from 280!!!

Anyhow. Our old stove completely broke down. The burners still work but the oven doesn't. We have been making diue for a few months with the turkey roaster oven we got after turkey day. But it is annoying and I can't even fit a real cookie sheet in there! Bread has to bake two at a time and sometimes things get too brown on the edges etc. We decided to get a brand new one and before we leave here to get a used one to leave with the house we are renting. I have never bought a brand new oven before! We also had to get a dishwasher. My mom fell on this one years ago and it still works but you have to put a stool in or it falls to the floor.

I went searching yesterday and there was a frigidaire one for $312.00 at Best buy. Simple but nice. He said delivery is 35.00 and they price match. There was also a dishwasher for $189.00 with a $40.00 gift card cause it was an open box item. Still warrantied, looks great etc though. So basically for $149.00!

I did go to lowes, home depot, a discount appliance place, the thrift store, Sears, etc.

I was thinking of the thrift store for if we move, what we will leave behind. We do not want to leave broken appliances behind. There is no way to fix the dishwasher door.

There was NOTHING at the thrift store! There was one add in the paper we called and it was a kitchenaid stove for $125.00, 10 years old!!! Allegedly it works great! *rolls eyes*

At Sears they had something for $299.00 so 10 cheaper but it was not as nice as the BB one. At home depot they had one that was really generic looking and nasty. lol 299 with 10% off so 270. But I would NOT want it. The only comparable quality wise was a sears kenmore reg 379 on sale for 329. BUT delivery would be 65.00!!! So we are talking 395.00. (they did have a special if the appliance you bought was over 400 free delivery. BUT you could not combine items to equal that amount)

All the dishwashers were 200 and up so the same as best buy

Anyhow I went back to best buy to see if he would price match the 270.00 Now mind you the stove would of been comparable btu burner wise but not looks wise. i would NOT of bought that thing even for 40.00 cheaper!

He did say the stove was already down from 329.00 at bb , down to 312 but he would be willing to go down to 300 even. Not bad. the dishwasher would of been 190 so roughly 490. BUT he also did inform me that bb was doing a special where when you spend 500 you get free delivery. So we decided 310 for stove and 190 for dishwasher would = 500 plus free delivery, if it were 300 plus 190 that would be 490, BUT we would have to spend an extra 35 for delivery so that would be 525. So we would lose 25 bux. lol SO we did it the other way plus got a free 40 gift card! Yeah!!! Not bad. Like I said the only comparable stove would of been the sears one and after delivery that would of been $395!! This one was 310!!! Hooray! I can finally bake like I want to!!! They will deliver it on wednesday!!!! I cant wait!!!

I went and got one of those sheets for the bottom of the oven, you know never clean the bottom of your oven again. lol I also got some silicone muffin pans. Anyone have those?

Jasmine31 02-20-2007 12:58 PM

hey

Just thought I would throw in a pic while I am at it. That was one of my new skirt/blouse combos from Mervynn's.

Anyhow my arms are fat! :( *sigh*

Jasmine

Everyone else feel free to post pics of your progress as well!

Jasmine31 02-20-2007 01:02 PM

and while I am at it, where the heck is Hun E B? Haven's seen her since xmas! And Jeni!!! :(

marbleflys 02-20-2007 01:12 PM

Hi Jasmine;

so sorry to hear that you are starving your children.....the X is wasting everyone's time, perhaps social services should bill him for their time and the police too! (there's a thought to stop him in his tracks).

I went without an oven for almost a year....I have a GE Profile that is about 15 years old, very nice with cast iron burners, covers, etc.....it was a freebie, my brother was remodeling and went to a smooth top...
(dontyouDAREthrowthatstoveout....justGIVEITTOME).. .mine was about 20 years old and the self cleaner had gone, etc.

I was shopping for a new stove/oven combo....and what I wanted was overkill for someone who cooks big meal once a week when we are home....I loved the stainless 5 burners grill etc....but the cat would probably wind up sleeping on it when i'm at work...(I don't need the convection combo, but of course I wanted it....they are pricey).

Fixing the igniter on the freebie stove cost me $165. with the 23.00 lightbulb and labor....the repairman told me that my stove was better than some of the new ones, as long as the computer was still functioning (it's about 15 degrees low, so i just adjust the digital thingie manually)..I used my allocated stove $$ to buy new windows for the kitchen instead & save the excess for my anticipated furnace/AC replacement.

my place is about 25 years old and I've only remodeled 1/2, the bathrooms are pathetic, but I'm taking my time and trying to make it nice....I was very happy to replace old indoor sliders with french doors in master bedroom and living room, I pickled them (whitewash stain)...they are one of my favorite looks, very spacious and I have a great wooded view.

my clothes still fit properly after my macaroon binge, but I've been doing the salad, veggies, protein light meals all week...today is split pea soup and a turkey burger...dinner (its FAT TUESDAY) should be some sauteed shrimp and rice...if I eat more baby spinach my complexion will be green!

hi to everyone else too.....hope you all are well. BBL, j.

marbleflys 02-20-2007 01:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ok, let me try the picture thing (again)

SD Gal 02-20-2007 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marbleflys (Post 1579859)
ok, let me try the picture thing (again)

You're adorable Marbleflys! Great picture. Your smile lights up the whole thing!!

Hello from me.............. who has been lacking in her visits this past week. I've had quite a lot on my plate of late. So, I'm sorry for not checking in. I didn't weigh myself this morning.. long weekend and I never weigh in after a weekend. I'll do it tomorrow. I have also not been walking. I only did twice last week. I suck. :( With Steve sick and the rain we've had, it hasn't exactly been opportune. Normally I dont mind a little rain, but.. I dont like it SO much. lol

I have missed reading your posts and will work on doing a better job this week. I just don't want to be whiney.. :/

Have a super day.

dollypie 02-20-2007 04:32 PM

Jasmine, Have you thought about an auction for appliances. When DH and I moved to Houston we bought a house with no appliances. We couldn't afford all new ones. Someone told us the idea of going to auctions. We went to two and got all of our appliances less than five years old and they we stainless steel and beautiful. When we sold our house we included the appliances and the buyers said that was one of the main draws. Just an idea. PS I love the red hair!

SDgal, your not being whiney. I can relate to the rain, it just makes everything a mess when it comes to exercise. Hopefully your DH will get better soon too.

marbleflys, Cute picture!

I will see what I can do about a picture to share with you girls!

miafluker 02-21-2007 07:58 AM

hi everyone im back i fell way off the wagon Valentines was my 2yr anniversary and since my hubby was in iraq for our first anniversary this one was really special and then since im in new orleans we celebrated Mardi Gras
Now that all the partying is over its time for me to get serious again my 27 b-day is in may so i have want to lose something by then

how have you guys been doing?

SD Gal 02-21-2007 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dollypie (Post 1580088)
SDgal, your not being whiney. I can relate to the rain, it just makes everything a mess when it comes to exercise. Hopefully your DH will get better soon too.

Thanks dollypie.. I'm back on track today.. We have a dinner this evening for Ash Wednesday with friends at their church. We've been looking for a "home church" for some time now, I'm hoping this one is it.

I've had a bad-ish week excersize wise.. and not oh so great eating, though I've done better, I've got to be a little more aware of what I'm doing. By tomorrow I'll be fine again.

Hope everyone has a great day.. :)

dollypie 02-21-2007 12:45 PM

Good to hear you are back on track SDGal. Finding home church is hard when you are new to an area. It took DH and I along time when we moved, but know we love where we are at.

miafluker, sounds like you had lots of fun with v-day, mardi gras, and your anniversary.

SD Gal 02-21-2007 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dollypie (Post 1581150)
Good to hear you are back on track SDGal. Finding home church is hard when you are new to an area. It took DH and I along time when we moved, but know we love where we are at.

Yup.. working on it. I've been very good today, won't get a chance to walk now, but might be able to fit in some crunches and maybe a quick walk after we get home from church. :) Cheers, everyone! Hugs!! :hug:

Canuk4 02-22-2007 12:27 AM

Welcome back Jasmine, like I said "love those X's" I did not lose a parent, I lost my aunt, whom I was very close too, but she was 84 and had Parkinson's, my mom died of Parkinson's and complications 10 yrs ago this coming Dec. she was in her 80th year. My dad is still going strong, I actually got him out today, first time since Xmas, between first the cold, then his bad back, he was thrilled to get out, so we got him a haircut and picked up a few groceries, then I had to drop some cat food off at my daughter's, so took him, he had not seen even the outside of the house before. No one was home so left it between the doors, took dad home, made him a light dinner and he got in his chair to have a nap before the news.

Marbleflys and Jasmine, great pictures, I will post my high school one. ha ha I don't feel I have lost enough to post a picture yet.

Got on the scales and was up again, was too emotionally and physically drained to go to aqua fit today and too lazy to do my walking tapes. But did pretty good in the food department at least. SDGal, why don't you try a walking tape, I am not sure where you live, so do not know if you get a lot of rain normally or not, just a thought. Glad to hear you are back on track.

Miafluker, welcome back, you have been missed. Sure don't blame you for celebrating, if my husband had been away, I certainly would of, till the cows came home.

Marblefly, I am so sorry to hear about your brother, we have had a number of deaths in our family of cancer, my cousin died two years ago at the age of 46, she left behind 3 boys ranging from 8 to 13 sometimes it is still hard to realize she is gone, I was with her sister and mom these last few days. Sometimes I am very proud actually (mostly) of my dad, who will be 95 the end of the month, other times I get a little self conscious, as I feel bad for others who have lost loved ones much younger. I will pray for your bro. And being the only daughter, I know what it is like to pretty well be the only one to look after dad.

Stove talk, that is weird, we just had to replace the bottom element in our oven about two weeks ago. It is about 12 yrs old. I too shop around when I am buying large appliances, I bought a fridge 2.5 yrs ago with the freezer on the bottom, I bargained for it at Sears, because it was a floor model and was a milky white colour (not too popular) I got a really good deal for it and then my son and his friend picked it up, with his friends work truck that had a hydraulic lift on the back. They moved my old one downstairs (it was still working) and put the new one in place.

Dollypie, sounds like the running is going to be on this week, good for you, you will do great.

Well as it is getting late and I have to do some shopping for darling daughter's surprise birthday party tomorrow, as well as get some laundry done, I better say goodnight ladies. Here is wishing you a really good day tomorrow at work, home, food and exercise.
Sharon S. (I wonder where Sumi is? Anyone know?)