Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

hi everyone just wanted to stop in before i get my workout in ttyl
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:54 AM   #17  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Morning everyone! Yesterday was the beginning of Lent and my challenge and I already messed up! LMAO I had a diet Coke at Waffle House but it's alright because I was eating out with my BFF Nikki who had to stop eating after midnight cause she's going into surgery today. She's having her gallbladder removed. She had a awful nicotine fit which was funny to me because she just started going off about little things like boys who wear sagging pants and such. And Nikki's a funny girl so my sides were aching.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 01:17 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 165/165/150

Height: 5-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuk4 View Post
SDGal, why don't you try a walking tape, I am not sure where you live, so do not know if you get a lot of rain normally or not, just a thought. Glad to hear you are back on track.
I'm in San Diego.. and we've got a downpour on its way tonight. Oh yay! lol Actually, we do need the rain pretty desperately. I've got my power 90 dvd's.. I think I'll work with those and my bands tonight. Thank you!!

Yesterday was the beginning of Lent.. and.. Steve & I were invited to a friend's church dinner, soup, salad & bread. It was light and lovely and the service thought informal, was just wonderful. I loved it.

I've decided not so much to "give something up" as to simply "give".. I've not decided yet what.. but.. will ponder it this weekend.

Have a super day!!!
SD Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 01:43 PM   #19  
prepare for the BEST time

Hi everyone;

I see that both Jasmine and Sumi are MIA...they must have an exciting life? Sharon, i have a fridge with bottom freezer....My Akita loved it (he passed last year) he would stand there every time I opened the door....it's typical, I live alone and have a fridge/freezer big enough to hold 3 adult bodies...why, I don't know, my brother talked me into buying it. Most of my kitchen appliances are stainless and or black, I have a white/green ceramic tile floor, white wooden shutters on the pic window bottom and celery color ceiling molding....my washer/dryer is in the kitchen in a separate closet, they are just plain old-style white...I love the new LG fancy colors.

I've had a so-so week, needed to force myself to exercise and got lazy....I read back through my journal and that was the kick I needed. I revved up the morning coffee and switched my workouts so I'm more motivated. The weather has warmed up a bit to the high 40s and 50. My mom is 87 and she really perks up in good weather....yesterday she was outside trimming bushes in her garden....shes s/p fracture in her femor last year and has amazingly bounced back both physically and mentally, but I'm still doing the bulk of work. Before bro got ill, he took care of everything except medical needs (my department)...luckily my mother lives local so I have a minimal commute after work.....but i am pooped by 8PM...I hope I can stay awake for Greys Anatomy tonight.

On the UPSIDE, my pants are loose and there is a noticably smaller abdomen, waist and BACKFAT is almost gone...I'm glad i force myself to do push-ups, my arms are worthy of a tank-top. (almost).

what is new with everyone else?
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:56 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Height: 5'7"

Hi everybody,

Sorry Jasmine that the ex is still bothering you. One day it will come back to bite him. I, too, went without an oven. It worked poorly for 3 years. It would burn 1/2 a pizza and the other side would be frozen! I had to constantly rotate any food I put in there. I finally was able to get on at Sears. It was a floor model but it works very well. The delivery was horrible and took three days longer than promised but I got $60 off. Really cool picture!

Sharon - I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt. Losing a loved one under any circumstance is so difficult.

Marbleflys - I love loose pants! Huge congrat!! Loved the picture!

SDgal - I don't like walking in the rain either.

Miafluker - Glad to see you back!
stopeating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 06:57 PM   #21  

Jasonslea - I'm so glad you found a place to live. You've been missed!
Old 02-23-2007, 02:01 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Boy I must be tired tonight, I read my last entry and thought no one had posted today at all, needless to say I then pushed page 2, dah dah

Marbleflys, congrats on the loose pants, that is such a great feeling. Your Mom sounds like my Dad, that is what keeps them going is being busy. I am sorry it is all up to you to look after her and your worn out by 8pm. That is not the nice part, I love my Dad for his great sense of humor, he cracks me up all the time. And it is such a relief he is doing better, especially with my surgery coming up. We only live three streets apart, my dh is great with him most times. My dad is a very kind and giving man as well.

I have some exciting news, I have been so worried about my son and this girl he is with, it has all but drove me to distraction all day, every day. I have been after my husband to talk to him after he made some comments to him about all women being moody and miserable. Just to let him know he has it so wrong, all women are not like that. He finally admitted tonight things are not going very well, everything is about her and what she wants, nothing about him. I know my son and even his personallity changed, he was so sober and very rarely cracked a smile. He was brought up for the most part with fun and laughter and tricks played on him and him playing them on others, he has a heart of gold and would give 110% to every aspect of a relationship. So I pray and will ask you's to do so too, that he finally get the heck out of there and get some fun and laughter back in his life.

Thanks Stopeating for the condolences.

SDGal, your welcome, the tapes and dvds come in handy in our very cold climate for me anyhow. What a great and nice thing you came up with for lent, instead of giving up something, give something, I really love it.

Hi Miafluker, hope the workout was good.

Today was a busy one here in the house, I folded a little laundry, dh did the rest, then vac down the stairs, some of the rec room and the laundry room, then vac. the kit. bath. and bedroom as well as the living room, dining room and hallways. I cleaned the bathroom and some of the kitchen, did dishes twice and made supper. But did no formal exercise. Aquafit tommorrow which I am looking forward too. Eating was pretty good, should of got more fruit and water in though. There is always tommorrow right girls.
Well good night, have a good one tomorrow as well.
Sharon S.
Canuk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:14 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbleflys View Post
Hi everyone;
On the UPSIDE, my pants are loose and there is a noticably smaller abdomen, waist and BACKFAT is almost gone...I'm glad i force myself to do push-ups, my arms are worthy of a tank-top. (almost).

what is new with everyone else?
Good for you Marbleflys!! Seriously, the back fat thing? Its VERY important to me and lately I've noticed a lack of it myself. Its a BIG deal. I don't/can't do push ups.. someday maybe, but I have rotator cuffs that pop and I really don't want surgery. So, I'll be working with light weights and bands.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:20 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopeating View Post
Hi everybody, SDgal - I don't like walking in the rain either.
It rained so hard last night, I did sleep like a rock but this morning driving was a bit of a bear. We got in two miles worth of walk last night but it didn't feel like ANYTHING. Its supposed to rain all weekend. I'm hoping to complete my kitchen primer painting and at least tape & paint the walls.

Hugs.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:26 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuk4 View Post
Boy I must be tired tonight, I read my last entry and thought no one had posted today at all, needless to say I then pushed page 2, dah dah

SDGal, your welcome, the tapes and dvds come in handy in our very cold climate for me anyhow. What a great and nice thing you came up with for lent, instead of giving up something, give something, I really love it.

Today was a busy one here in the house, I folded a little laundry, dh did the rest, then vac down the stairs, some of the rec room and the laundry room, then vac. the kit. bath. and bedroom as well as the living room, dining room and hallways. I cleaned the bathroom and some of the kitchen, did dishes twice and made supper. But did no formal exercise. Aquafit tommorrow which I am looking forward too. Eating was pretty good, should of got more fruit and water in though. There is always tommorrow right girls.
Well good night, have a good one tomorrow as well.
Sharon S.
You need a hug.. You're always a darling Sharon.. (btw, that's my oldest sister's name )

I'm going to try and get back in the dvd's this weekend as well.. I need to re-motivate myself. Albertson's has a deal 10 for 20.00 on the Lean Cuisine meals right now.. its a great deal. Target also has those meals (which are my favorite) regularly for less than 3. per meal. I like eating that way.. and I'm back on my shakes.. though.. I had a *sigh* donut this morning. I'll be good the rest of the day. My main meal being lunch today, we're having pancit and lumpia- Filipino foods.. and I loooove them. We're celebrating Christmas today at work since we missed it in December due to our boss's father's passing.

Anyway........ good golly I'm glad its Friday!!
Old 02-23-2007, 02:01 PM   #26  
prepare for the BEST time

I decided to *treat* myself today....I placed an order from Collage Video for BillyBlanks new Tae-Bo amped series with the 3# mini-body-bar...I watched the informercial today,...(oooh it looked very kung-foo with the bar, I could play Jet Li)!
went to HIS website where they wanted to charged me $21.90 for SHIPPING....are they INSANE? Collage was $7.99 (although the price was a bit higher) and I ordered another DVD (billys celebrity sculpt) and a 4# body bar....These bars can do double duty....I can thump the BF on his head when he misbehaves...

it's so windy here in Jerzey today, I could fly.....
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 04:54 PM   #27  

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbleflys View Post
I decided to *treat* myself today....I placed an order from Collage Video for BillyBlanks new Tae-Bo amped series with the 3# mini-body-bar...I watched the informercial today,...(oooh it looked very kung-foo with the bar, I could play Jet Li)!
went to HIS website where they wanted to charged me $21.90 for SHIPPING....are they INSANE? Collage was $7.99 (although the price was a bit higher) and I ordered another DVD (billys celebrity sculpt) and a 4# body bar....These bars can do double duty....I can thump the BF on his head when he misbehaves...

it's so windy here in Jerzey today, I could fly.....

Go Marble, go Marble.. you go girl. LOL
Old 02-23-2007, 06:35 PM   #28  

Hi everyone.

Hope you have great plans for the weekend. I'm going to be bad because my dh just arrived with chinese food. I haven't had it in ages! I love Columbo movies and I think I will watch one tonight with my plate of food. Sweet & Sour chicken here I come.

SDgal - I do love Lean Cuisines. My favorites are the pizza and panini's.
We had a sale of $1.50 each. I bought enough for a month and just recently ran out. I'm waiting for another sale.

I don't have too many issues with back fat, but boy do I have the thunder thighes! I have a terrible time finding pants that fit and look right!

I hope everyone is doing well!
Old 02-23-2007, 11:07 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

I don't have to worry about back fat, it just goes with the rest of the body, which is fat.

Stopeating, enjoy that Chinese food you deserve it after how hard you work and the hours you put in!

I have alot of video's and dvd's, I have a whole set of the Pilates one's and I don't use them very much at all. Arm and knee prevent most. And when I hear you girls talking about weights and bands it makes me angry, I wish I did not have these body issues. I did not go to Aquafit today either, I did not get up in time, read to late last night, feeling guilty about that. I know as well that it will be a bad weekend as it is my daughter's birthday party, lots of snacks and dips (I know I am making three, as well as the birthday cake) and next weekend is my Dad's birthday party. But I am determined to get to aquafit next week as it will be the last week for a while as I will have a cast on. But at least I didn't eat much for a few days after the last operation, hopefully that will help!

It was lovely and sunny today, still cold though, snow is melting slowly.

Thanks for the compliment SDGal, I think you have me beat though. Your going to lose some working on that kitchen and painting, even without dvd's. What colour are you using? I love Lean Quisine as well, a little more expensive here, even on sale, usually $1.99

Marbleflys, I have never heard of BillyBlanks, I do have a dvd with Tai Chi, from a class I took, no one famous. But don't know anything about weight bars etc. with Tae-Bo, where did you find this? It sounds pretty neat, you really have to shop around, don't you. Good for you, I am sure it will help with your fitness routine.

Well my friends, I better go and try and get some decent sleep, it will be a busy day and evening tomorrow. Sure hope we have pulled off this Surprise for my daughter. (I did not mean I am baking the cake, just have to remember to pick it up). Need to go make a list before bed or I will forget what I have to shop for and pick up. Suppose to have another storm tonight, hope it is not a bad one.

Have a great day tomorrow and will talk to you again, probably Sunday.
Take care all. Sharon S.
Canuk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 02:19 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopeating View Post
Hi everyone.

Hope you have great plans for the weekend. I'm going to be bad because my dh just arrived with chinese food. I haven't had it in ages! I love Columbo movies and I think I will watch one tonight with my plate of food. Sweet & Sour chicken here I come.

SDgal - I do love Lean Cuisines. My favorites are the pizza and panini's.
We had a sale of $1.50 each. I bought enough for a month and just recently ran out. I'm waiting for another sale.

I don't have too many issues with back fat, but boy do I have the thunder thighes! I have a terrible time finding pants that fit and look right!

I hope everyone is doing well!
I too sit in wait of Lean Cuisine sales.

I've done quite badly this week and for that, have refused to weigh myself. I know, its cheating. I'm going to wait another week. I need to get back on top and hit the pavement, of which I have done only TWICE in two weeks. I have been quite lazy and don't know why. Today is very bright and clear (though a bit chilly) and I am hoping to get out and do five miles today. I need to get back on the horse.