Weight Loss and Chitchat #234

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
  • Happy Valentines's Day Ladies!!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful day with their families and loved ones. We have been under a sheet of ice here in Maryland and nearly "frozen" still in transportation. Lucky for me that I didn't have to work today. Instead of exercising I shoveled for over 2 hrs then baked cookies (and yes, I just had to try two) for the family and for a co-worker and her husband that helped me clear off my car at work on my way home Tues night. No time for individuals tonight. I will catch up with everyone tomorrow. Lost comes on in 10 minutes and I want to snuggle under my down comforter and watch it before bed.

Again, hope everyone's day was great!! Mine was!!!
  • Hello ladies,

Cristina - Witchy Woman? Where did that come from, lol? Hope you had fun with your son at Red Lobster today.

Jodi - I'd say you got plenty of exercise shoveling out the driveway - a full bosy workout, too. 150 feet is a loooooong way to clear out. Hope you make it to work tomorrow. It's great that they'll let you take your DD with you.

Vann - hey, we all need to let the kid in us come out sometimes. Feels good, if you ask me, lol. I especially like to ride a bike - really takes me back.

A big hello to everyone reading this.

I've had a really good day. Most of the ice melted before my trip to town, so that was handy. Right now, Neal is watching some show and and in just a few minutes I'll be watching Lost with him. It's a pretty good show, but not even close to being one of my favorites.

I hope each of you have had a great Valentine's Day!
  • Tammy - just missed you! As I mentioned above, I'm getting ready to watch Lost, too. Glad you had a great day, and I'll "talk" to you soon.
  • Vann that stupid WII console still eludes us! I am so sick of searching for it!!! I check every time I am in a store that will have it (I do indep. work in different retailers so I am in different stores several times a week). But I have long given up following leads of them being delivered on certain days because we always seem to miss them. Of course they can be advertising them and have 1 in the store and it be legit for them to advertise.
    We figure we will be able to get one in the next month or so because you can walk into about everywhere and buy a PS3 now- so there is still hope.

Janebelieve me, my full body is feeling that workout!! lol

Gonna head to bed soon- good night to everyone!
  • Hello Ladies and

Happy Valentines!!!!!

Just a quick one tonight...not feeling the best, so I'm going to hit the hay early.

Also wanted to say.....sometime this weekend, I may be w/o internet access......hubby is going to upgrade our computer (AGAIN) and who knows how long that will take.

Off I go to have tea and then bed.

hugs to all!
  • Happy Valentine's Day, Jaded Ladies!

Hi everybody...too many posts to catch up, but I just read like 3 threads, LOL...

Marti, WTG on the losses! Your determination is really paying off...and I guess what they say really is true -- you can get used to...even learn to LIKE exercise! Whoa, who woulda thunk it?

Sue, I know this was a while back, but have those chest pains and tightness gotten better? Did you ever go to the doctor? I had chest pain and symptoms like that several months ago, felt like the way I've heard a heart attack described. Turned out, after the EKG was fine, that it was get this -- esophageal spasms. Probably brought on by stress. Weird, huh? They eventually went away.

Sassy, glad to see you back posting, and in fine form

Cristina, I too missed how you became "Witchy Woman" Where did that come from? The only thing I can think of is that old Eagles' song...

Who was posting about Panera Bread? I just went there for the first time a few weeks ago, and it was really good. Not all of there choices are bad, you just have to know ahead of time what the healthier choices are. I found the most complete nutrition info here: http://www.panera.com/pdf/nutr-guide.pdf Several of their sandwiches are in the 600 cal range -- Smoked Turkey Breast on Sourdough is only 430 -- so half of one of those and soup, especially one of the lower fat ones, wouldn't be a bad lunch at all.

Jane, I got your phone message...thank you for thinking of me!!! Thanks for the good wishes. It was really good to hear your voice, even if it was only on my answering machine

Hi to everyone else

OK, gotta get up early tomorrow. Wish me luck ...I'll pop in when I can type. Not sure how messed up my arm will be.
  • Hey All

Just a quick drop by to say I hope you all had a great Vday!

We just stayed home, since we are iced in! I am hoping things are better by this evening when we have to go to work! Our poor car is all iced over! DH is getting up earlier, later on today, to go out and de-ice it! lol.

120,000 people here was without power! We were lucky and had power. (knocking on wood) but they had to call in people from NC to come up to help restore power. Now the last I heard the # was down to only 30,000 without power, but it could be even lower by now.

Our friends were one of the people without power. Our friend said he saw the transformer spark! So I'm hoping everybody gets their power restored today or tomorrow.

Well won't bore you with more ice storm stuff. I'm sure all of us have been hit with either ice or snow. lol.

P.S -- Thanks Cristine for the card!!!!!!! (we just checked our mail today! lol)

Have a Great Day!
  • Good morning, ladies!

Mary Kate - yw, sweetie. I'll be thinking of you today when you have surgery on your elbow.

Marti - I hope you aren't w/o the 'net too long. You could go into withdrawal, lol.

Sassy - so glad you had power. Always something to be thankful for, right?

Jodi - like you said, in about a month or so, I think you'll be able to get the Wii stuff you want.

I'm invited out to lunch at my friend's house today, which is nice. She knows I'm on WW, so hopefully the choices will be friendly ones. Then we're going to Joanne's where I'm going to see if I can find some fabric I like to make a quilt for Jackson.

Have a good one, and I'll bbl.
  • OMG Sassy! I would die I think if I didn't check my mail every day. Don't know why because most of it is junk, lol. Glad you guys didn't lose your electricity. I know here when we had that ice storm there were people that went without electric for longer than a week. I just couldn't imagine.

JANE...hope you had a nice lunch.

MARYKATE...guess I missed it that you were having surgery. Hope all goes well with it, or went well with it.

JODI...wonder why you can't find a WII. At the mall there is a store there that has their window full of them.

TAMMY...the cookies sound so good. We got our girl scout cookies in and I have been tempted but I haven't touched them. They are for the troops! I have to keep telling myself that, lol.

Anyway, nothing going on with me, same old stuff (snow, cold, grocery shopping, laundry), different day.

Hi to everyone else
  • Good evening girls!! I had the flu but am feeling better--actually made it out of bed and to work today--not that we could have made it in yesterday when our road didn't get plowed until last night!! Katie is ahead of me--I still need to go catch up on the missed posts!!

Have a great night!! Hopefully I can stay up to watch Greys!!
  • CristinaIf you are talking about Electronic Boutique or Game Stop- those are empty boxes. They are still going for way too much money on Ebay for them to just be sitting in the stores. If you really are seeing the units there, buy them up, you could be making a fortune!!! I know if I can find 2 I am buying them both, keeping one and selling the other. I almost had one at Sears . com last week, but when I went to check out, it said the units were gone- someone bought the last one right from under me- grrrr

Sassy Hoping you get to work ok and that you keep power. I didn't mind getting snowed in, what I was worried about was losing electricity. Hope all is well in your land.

I had to go to work early this morning and didn't have time to shovel by my mailbox. My maillady passed me right up (we live in a rural area, can't blame her for not taking the chance of getting stuck). So this evening I went out and spent about 10 min shoveling that area out for her. Believe me, I feel muscles today that I didn't know I HAD!

Hello to everyone else! Have a nice evening. Oh and planning on going to get my new cat tomorrow, if when I meet her she is sweet. I found her on petfinder and she looks like what I had in mind. Will make the final decision when we meet.
  • Hello to all!!

Boy has it been a tempting week...Krispy Kreme yesterday and frozen custard today...I didn't even taste, but I did come home last night and make a low fat banana tart...Still not feeling like I am loosing..I know I am going to have move my behind to really make the needle move. I am planning on painting a bedroom this weekend and know that will be a good workout!

Jodi~ Good luck on the Wii..it is fun for the kids and certainly more affordable than the PS3, the graphics are not as great, but the uniqueness is what makes it shine...hope you find one soon

Jane-If the weather would break I might actually try the bike..I know I need to commit to some type of exercise to really be successful....

Marti-Feel better...I hope you guys stay warm!

Sassy- Glad that NC came to help..we are a compassionate bunch!! LOL Stay Warm!

Hey Christina!!

Mary Kate- Hope all is well with your arm..hugs to you and get well wishes!

You guys have a great night..touch base tomorrow...couldn't do this without you all!!!!!!!!!
  • I'm overwhelmed!
    Hello ladies....
    I'm new to this site and just a bit overwhelmed! Threads, posts, journals....I haven't done this before......I thought I 'knew" how to use a computer, but, this is a challenge....time to get literate(or more literate).....I believe I need to keep up with technology to keep up with..... my job, my kids, the world.....so here I go! I'll fill out a bio next visit.....I think "jaded ladies" will suit me just fine....if you can put up with a beginner (I see you guys are quite nice to new people) So, now I sign my real name? or "the real me"??
    "the real me" is Maggie
  • Hi Maggie

I am so glad you are here. I haven't been here for very long, but these ladies have taken me under their wings and been a real blessing to me. So don't be shy- jump right in. You are sure to find your place right here in the midst of this wonderful group!