Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 09:49 PM   #31  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey all,

Well we got some more snow, it just began snowing when we got off of work early this morning and it was still snowing when we got up today! We got a good 5-6 inches! Not a lot, but for here and for the few hours that is quite a bit.

Ice is still around. Here is the link if you would like to see pictures of the ice storm of our area, just click on Take a look at this weekend's photos from all over the area and you can flip through:

Ice Storm Photos

Only 1 day 30 hours 1811 minutes 108670 seconds until VACATION!
Old 02-17-2007, 11:52 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

Well I wrote a big long message last night and I thought it didn't go thru and gave up and sure enough it's not here.

Got more snow last night and today. Got stuck at the end of the driveway today when of course I was running late to taking dd to a bowling party. Finally got out though and I bowled for 2 hrs. Sure could feel my sore abs! lol

Anyhow, my husband's brother called and said he bought a snowblower (why I don't know cause his driveway and house are in the woods and running east and west and totally blocked so I don't see how he would have any snow to blow. Which he must not cause he called to ask if he could come here tomorrow and do our driveway so he can use it. It is so beyond me why other people in my husband's family always have what we need and they don't need it themselves. And I swear this is the first time anyone has offered us help with what they have! He said he wanted to try it out and he didn't have any amt of snow for it.
Just like my inlaws the other day. We can't get out and they came by (after the plow had been down our road) in their 4 wheel drive truck and sat in the road and watched us shovel 2-3 feet of snow!
Don't even get me started on that family!!!!

Jane- we met the cat and she was "the one". We brought her home last night. She is so sweet and very friendly. We have a health checkup on Monday afternoon and will be scheduling her spay if she gets the all clear on her health. :-) Her name is Emma
Old 02-18-2007, 05:13 AM   #33  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies!

we are back up and running online now, so I will be on here more often!

hello to all the new members that might not know me. My name is Mindee. I am married to Tommy, and we will be celebrating our fifth wedding anniversary on May 11th. we have two sons, Brandon who will be 3 in April and Logan who will be 2 in October. we are expecting baby number 3 at the beginning of May. if I left anything out, feel free to ask me.

to the ladies that have been on here since I was on here before, hello to you all! I was going to try and catch up on everything since I last posted in September of last year, but I need to get some sleep. actually I probably shouldn't be on right now, but I had to jump on and send a message before I forgot again!

I will talk to you all soon!
Old 02-18-2007, 08:38 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 166

Hello to ALL ...boy we are growing and it is so exciting

I've missed you guys Friday night I had guest and I made the Seafood Lasagna..it is truly fabulous..they didn't leave until 11:00..my DS was a the Monster truck pull...he said it was great~ Must be a guy thing.

And yesterday--I just was tired...ate crummy...and slept and ate worse...I don't know if it is just the winter blues..but definitley the worst I have eaten since I started! I almost gave into the guilt and remorse..and then I remember I have to paint..and and then this morning I weighed and through it all I lost 1.4 lbs...pretty amazing considering what I ate yesterday. I am feeling a bit better and am looking forward to doing a little home improvement transformation..it always helps my spirit -not to mentions my muscles...

Maggie--Welcome...this is the greatest site on 3fc...yep--I am biased, but these ladies are truly terrific. We look forward to getting to know you better!

Sassy-So Sorry to hear about he Ice..we are very familiar with Ice in NC and it is horrible. So far we have been spared this year..hugs to you! Stay Safe!!

Marti...Well my unhealthy eating trend continued..even while keeping my grandson....I found myself nodding and waking up and eating. Maybe I needed the rest and food..I don't know...But I am feeling much better this morning. I know I will be glad when the weather gets warmer and we can go outside!!

Jane- I am painting one wall Burgundy and the rest of the room a deep sage. This is the guest room and I have lots of antiques that were hand me down and they are beautiful, but I don't decorate with antiques much so I am hoping the colors will pull it all together. Hope you have had a great weekend..I have missed you guys!

Christina-- I bet you have the cleanest house. I am hoping when I am done painting I can get some cleaning in to make my house feel peaceful..When it is messing it makes me crazy, but I have a ton of kids here last night including my grandson..so there is stuff EVERYWHERE

Hi Jules Wow..96 is OLD..I am hoping you had fun...it is so neat to know that we have people in our life with that much history and wisdom.

Michele--Oh poor Oreo..he will be in our prayers again...I know that he will be such a great dog once he overcomes all his challenges....Take Care

Jodi-So Sorry about all the crazy weather you are having. BUT I can't wait to see pictures of your new addition! Emma is a beautiful name...please post a pic soon!
Old 02-18-2007, 12:46 PM   #35  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies--

My part for the treadmill didn't come in....so I'm hoping it will tomorrow....but maybe not since it's presidents day, I can't remember if FedEx works or not.....

Vann--Cold dreary weather really puts a damper on moods doesn't it? (I'm actually looking forward to the daylight savings time......more daylight during the day!) If you're tired.....sleep is the best thing ever! At least for me it's been great. I've pretty much slept most of my weekend. Today is the first day I've felt "normal".

Mindee--Hello and congratulations on baby 3. Do you know if you're having a girl this time?? Keep us posted! Good to see ya again!

Jodi--They just sat in their truck and watched??? I would've started making snowballs and tossing them their way! Family can be hard to understand. I have some that are very financially set.....or at least live that way. (which is what I expect) and they do the same....buy the newest gadget out there but don't need it. I'll never understand that. I hope the weather starts warming up for you so you won't have to shovel anymore snow.

Sassy--Last night and you're on vacation.

Jane--I love the smell of homemade bread! We have a breadmaker too....I have never made any bread in it. James does that.....I just feel like I'll mess up and it'll come out in dough form still! He mainly uses it to get a start for the cheeserolls he makes.....they're sooooooo good. But he hasn't made any since before the holidays....very sweet of him to not make it unless it's a treat. (Jhanai's favorite though....)

Michelle--Awww....poor little Oreo. Why is the pet store paying for the vet bill? I think it's great that they are, was just curious. Love the photo of her...she's getting big.

Jules--How wonderful to be celebrating 96 yrs!! I bet he has wonderful stories of his life to tell!!

Cristina--Hope you find a buyer today. Your house must be spotless. You'd have a heart attack if you came to my house....it's all in a disarray.....tried moving things around and just gave up....James is fighting a really bad cold.

Which leads me to say that it's time for me to get this house into shape. I've got furniture pulled out and boxes of useless stuff laying around.

You all have a great day and Hello to all the gals I've missed!!
Old 02-18-2007, 04:26 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

Marti Yep, they just sat there and watched and then my hubby told them when we got out we were going to get something to eat cause after all that work we deserved it. And they asked him if he wanted to go eat with them, saying by the time you get back they (meaning me and our 2 kids) would have it dug out. That ticked me off, but just as I was opening my mouth my hubby said I don't think that would go over very well! And so glad to hear that you are getting your treadmill fixed! Yeahhh

Hi Mindee- I'm Jodi. I am fairly new, but I try and check in every day. I hope that you will have time (and energy) to check in often so I can get to know you. Congrats on baby #3.

Cristina Hope you are feeling better and that you get a buyer for your house today.

My brother in law came and did the snowblowing. It is so much better out there now. :-) Sun is out and the temps don't feel too bad even though it's only 18* Not much going on here today. Gotta catch up on the laundry is about it. :-)
Old 02-18-2007, 09:30 PM   #37  
~Believe~

Talking

Hey all........

Well tonight is the last night, only 6 more hours and my vacation begins!
Old 02-18-2007, 10:43 PM   #38  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

VANN...you sound just like me! I have been the same way over the weekend, sleeping and eating. Actually, though I don't think I did so bad with the food but trying to stay awake is a whole 'nuther story. I don't know why I have been so sleepy. Your colors sound so pretty, two of my favorite colors. We have green everywhere I swear! I had a pink and burgundy bathroom but changed it when we painted the bedroom green, not sure why. I miss my pink bathroom.

JODI...for the life of me I will never understand in-laws. When my sister got married at the ripe old age of 16 I swear she had the best in-laws. They were the sweetest people and were always around our family. Even when my sister & BIL divorced they were still there, great grandparents to my nephews. Of course I got the worst ones ever, both times, lol! Okay, so is that your new kitty and your doggy in your avatar? They are so cute! We went to the park today and after I walked Ernie (he doesn't go far or for long, poops out fast) we watched all the other dogs, sooooo cute!

MINDEE...long time, no see missy! Glad to have you back! And hope to see more of you. Hey, maybe the third one will be born on the 12th, lol. The 11th would be good too. Are you hoping for a girl this time? Well, on number 3!

JULES...a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your DH's grandpa!

MICHELLE...glad Oreo is doing better. And glad to see you posing here. And I hope you had a GREAT weekend too!

JANE...I love my bread maker too! Josh bought it for me for Christmas a few years ago and man, there is nothing like homemade bread! Yummy to my tummy. I don't use it as often now though.

MARTI...I'm pretty sure FedEx and UPS work tomorrow. I think about the only days they take off is for Thanksgiving and Christmas, around here anyway. Hope you get it tomorrow. And hope James gets to feeling better soon. I've had it and it's no fun.

SASSY...woohoo! Almost time for vacation. Hope you guys enjoy your time off!

HI MAGGIE...hope all is well with you.

And HI to everyone else, SUE, KATHY, MARYKATE, TAMMY and anyone I missed.

Okay, so not much going on. We went to the park today to waste 2 hours while the open house was open, lol. My house cleaning work was a waste of time. Our open house was a flop! Not one person showed up...they were probably at the park, lol. It was a very nice day and I think everyone just needed to get out. Was 60 today but with the wind it was a little chilly. Hoping to go exercise tomorrow, not sure. This cold is horrible and to top it off TOM decided to pay a freaking visit! Really going to mess up my WI tomorrow for sure. Oh well, what can you do? Tomorrow is a new day so gotta keep on truckin'. Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Old 02-18-2007, 11:24 PM   #39  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

just a quick post to say hello again.

Marti~ we do not know if this one is a girl. We have tried numerous times to find out, and since the last attempt was a bust, we decided not to find out until the baby is born.

Vann~ hello, it is nice to meet you. I hope to get to know you better.

Jodi~ It is good to meet you. I am going to try and check in daily, if not every other day. The time, really isn't an issue, it is the energy that I have to contend with.

Sassy~ have fun on your vacation!

Jules~ Happy birthday to your DH's grandpa. My DH's grandma will be 90 in September.

Cristina~ The 12th will work as well. We have a neice, a friend and my sister's boyfriend who already have that day as a birthday. since my family is so big, it seems like the newest members pick days that are already taken and by members that have passed on. yeah, we are hoping for a girl this time....especially tommy! Brandon and Logan are complete hellians and typical boys, all at the same time, so Tommy says he wants a girl since he was told I was a nice and calm baby. I will be happy either way.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:27 AM   #40  
~Believe~

Thanks Ladies..........

I think my ticker is off, it says I have already "Left" for my vacation and I still have 1 hour and 30 minutes to go yet! lol. It also says I'm in Paradise. LOL. I wish! lol.

Old 02-19-2007, 03:19 AM   #41  

Height: 5'1"

Hi girls!

Just a quicky here since it's past my bedtime and I feeling tired.

A message for Jane & Cristina:
Your pages are done!!!!

And after I got them done I looked at them and thought: "Now why in the world did it take me so long to do such simple pages??" Then I remembered.....printer issues. It wasn't hooked up!

Now I need to change the ink in the printer.....so if any of the photos look a little funky, I was starting to get low.

Anyway....I will mail them Tuesday before work.

Off to bed I go. I will catch up w/the rest of you in the morning.

Night
Old 02-19-2007, 07:35 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 4' 11"

hi my name is laura and i have struggled with weight all my life, i am glad all of you are here. Thanks Laura

Old 02-19-2007, 08:58 AM   #43  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies!

Laura - a big to you! I think you'll like it here - the gals are very sweet and so encouraging. We're like cyber sisters. I'm looking forward to knowing you better, and you're welcome to fill out a bio whenever you want.

Sassy - woohoo! Enjoy your hard-earned days off. The weather is supposed to warm up quite a bit which would be nice for you. I think it's supposed to be windy, though, so you might want to go buy a kite, lol.

Jodi - congrats on the new addition to your family. Is Emma settling in ok? Hope all goes well at the health checkup today.

Mindee - good to see you! I'm expecting a grandson just about the same time your baby is due. When you get some extra time, would you fill out a new bio?

Vann - yay for 1.4 pounds lost! Ohhhhh, burgandy and sage will look so nice with the antiques.

Marti - I can barely wait for the pages to be sent, and I just know I'm going to love them. I've been working on Spring cleaning, too, but have to admit that since everything is brand new and we've only lived here 10 months, things are easy to clean. But still, I want to keep everything nice. Like Cristina said, I betcha UPS and FedEx are both working today. My fingers are crossed that you'll get your treadmill part.

Cristina - sorry about the open house, but it sounds like you had fun in the park anyway. I baked a loaf of white bread just to see how the machine works, and Neal is scarfing that down like you wouldn't believe! I told him to not get used to it, lol, since I always buy whole wheat or multigrain bread. I'll be making a loaf of the multigrain today, and here's hoping it turns out. I bought some sunflower seeds and sesame seeds to add to it, too.

Hello to everyone else reading this.

Wow, the weekend just flew by! Today I need to mop my kitchen and dining room floors, do a load of towels, and will be cleaning out the fridge, too. Some of the stuff in there looks like a science project. I don't have to go anywhere today, and I'm glad about that. Sheesh! Seems like all I've done is run.

My weight is up a bit again this week, and so I am following the WW Quick Start this week and plan to step up the exercise. Wish me luck and sanity while following it, ok?

BBL,
Old 02-19-2007, 09:08 AM   #44  
GmaTo8

DonnaD - this is the right place, and I'm hoping to see you posting here with us. Just jump in when you feel comfortable, ok?
Old 02-19-2007, 11:51 AM   #45  
A Northern Light...

S/C/G: 190/176/135

Height: 165cm

What an awesome idea...support group online. Not only that, but it's FREE!! Whoo hoo! I am in Ontario, Canada. No snow today, but I hear tonight. We are having an extremely "weird" winter here. Not as much cold as we usually get, or snow for that matter, but watching everyone in the U.S. just get dumped on. Wow.

Anyways, thanks for the emails everyone and have a great day!

Donna
Closed Thread