3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

It's a beautiful day in the cow pasture

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2001, 01:21 PM   #16
Member w/ messiest house

Here's the name of the virus you have: W32.Magistr.39921@mm

Some of the files sent out by an infected computer do not contain the virus at all, so it's quite possible that Peaches doesn't have it. One of the files that Lush's puter sent to me was infected, but the .doc file wasn't.

It's really important to get this off your computer as soon as possible, because it does things in stages. If it's still on there in a month, it releases a whole new "payload" of nasty stuff. If you have antivirus software, be sure you have the latest updates and scan your computer.

Here's a link to info on the thing: http://securityresponse.symantec.com....39921@mm.html and for more info

Later
Kiwi
Old 10-26-2001, 12:02 PM   #17
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default I'm here

but I'm at the library. What happened to Bagz? I got her BADDDDD email yesterday night.

Thank you to KIWIWIWIWI for helping liasion all this mess. My puter guy seems to be out of town so I'll just wait patiently since KIWIWIWIWI said it works in stage. The thing I got from Lush was the Bart one or Burt or Bent . You know.

Anyway, Lush is forgiven just because she's so near the part of the world where this part keeps sending money. She has enough to worry about.
Old 10-26-2001, 01:52 PM   #18
Most boring housewife.

Default speaking of this part of the world

Don't you all admire my mail lady, Josephine? She has been offered gloves and a gas mask, but she is not too worried. We open all our mail outside and dump everything right into the trash. We then wash our hands. Do you all have to do this?
The orchard next to me is being allowed to rot because they kicked all the illegal aliens out of the country. One day this place was crawling with them and now they have vanished. They were mostly Mexican but the same is true of all Middle Eastern people...they have just vanished. NJ is kind of eerie with only European looking people. Glare.

Did you hear about all the problems with the money????? They are not distributing it. I don't know who has it but the families are making a huge stink because they are getting nothing. Obviously, the Red Cross isn't using it because they don't have enough staff manage the relief effort and the blood donations. Of course, without the aforementioned illegal aliens we have quite a labor shortage around here.

Today is DH's birthday. Still haven't gotten him a thing. Well, I bought a new video camera today.....it is a digital 8 that takes pictures and videos and you can add things to the picture and I got a cool attachment for the lawn mower.....I think I'll give him those. But I should also hit the tall store and buy him some clothes that fit.

I never cleaned the dump yesterday so I've been doing that. I should go back to it.

Lets talk about having a teenager. I am the strictest mother. Does anyone else have this problem? ALL of Dd's friends are alone in a house after school, they all are allowed to have company. They all are allowed to ride around at night (school nights no less) in the cars of older boys. I do not permit this. They are all allowed to attend slumber parties where one sibling is a girl, one a boy and they both have friends sleep over. DD is not allowed to go.
Don't tell me that further inspection would reveal that the parents are either ignorant or providing better supervision than I suppose. That investigation has taken place and has shown that these 14 year old girls really are allowed to do all this stuff. Were these people never teenagers? Were they all such geeks that they were never invited to a party?
L
Old 10-26-2001, 04:52 PM   #19
Member w/ messiest house

I just typed for about 20 minutes replying to Lush, and then opened another page by mistake, and lost all of it. You know at cybermom, you could usually even go to another site and come back and still have your message (not that it didn't eat it entirely sometimes). I don't think I can do that again.

Well, anyway, I want to say, stick to your guns, Lush. I don't allow DD to have friends here when we're not here. She is allowed to be home by herself, but not overnight of course. She's not allowed to ride in cars driven by teenaged boys, period. In this state, new teenaged drivers can't have anyone but family members in the car with them for several months. I think that's great. And she doesn't go anywhere but her regular activities on school nights, unless it's a special occasion.

One of her friends recently had a sleepover that reportedly included her older brother and his girlfriend making out in the same room all night with all the younger girls right there. The mother told me (how dumb is she??) that she had to go downstairs and break things up several times. DD wasn't at this one, thank goodness, and won't be going there for any other sleepovers in the future. But most of DD's friend's parents are a little more conscientious than that. Of course she's still in middle school, not quite 14. Heaven help us next year.

Peaches, I suspect your computer is not infected because it's not sending out any infected messages. But it wouldn't hurt to be sure.

Kiwi
Old 10-26-2001, 05:45 PM   #20
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default yes and no

my computer is not sending out bad messages because it's turned off. My puter guy is trying to tell ME to reinstall the virus program. I can't even make fudge. Let's be realistic.

Yes, Lush, I have heard about the money and it is appalling. People here, poor people, are STILL collecting money and presumably turning it over to the Red Cross or Fire stations and it is not good that it is not being used to take care of the people they intended it for.

Since anthrax has not made it to this part of the world, our mail is as usual. We got some StUPID rules from the state beginning with IF IT HAS NO RETURN ADDRESS, DO NOT OPEN. DROP INTO TRASH.

So we are supposed to infect the trash collectors?

Speaking of stupid, the local ppl are petitioning everybody to put prayer back in schools. We got a letter today that said "This country was not founded by Jews, Moslems, Hindus, Catholics or Buddhists ... We were here first. ... If you don't agree with this (prayer in school to suit his taste) then you are not a true American."

I was supposed to get the guy to sign it so it could be printed. I lost it.
Old 10-26-2001, 08:10 PM   #21
Most boring housewife.

Default fundamentalists

Aren't all fundamentalists just awful? Now the holy rollers on our side of the fence feel they have the right to spout their opinions about the Godless world to anyone standing still. This is why I like Catholisism, we don't pretend to be religious. We just torture our kids for 13 years then move on.
Kiwi, I think that with a lot of DD's friends it is the fact that these parents have NO time for these kids. They walk in the door at 6:30 at night too exhausted to do anything. By that time, the kid has been on her own for over four hours....school lets out at 2. How do you keep control of someone who has that much unsupervised time?
DH took DS11 to the first basketball practice. I hope it is going well. Cross your fingers.
Gotta go....bye
Old 10-26-2001, 08:17 PM   #22
Most boring housewife.

Default fundamentalists

Aren't all fundamentalists just awful? Now the holy rollers on our side of the fence feel they have the right to spout their opinions about the Godless world to anyone standing still. This is why I like Catholicism, we don't pretend to be religious. We just torture our kids for 13 years then move on.
Kiwi, I think that with a lot of DD's friends it is the fact that these parents have NO time for these kids. They walk in the door at 6:30 at night too exhausted to do anything. By that time, the kid has been on her own for over four hours....school lets out at 2. How do you keep control of someone who has that much unsupervised time?
DH took DS11 to the first basketball practice. I hope it is going well. Cross your fingers.
Gotta go....bye
Old 10-27-2001, 02:03 AM   #23
Member w/ messiest house

Default Yeah, I'm sure you're right, Lush

If I had to leave DD to her own devices every day after school, I'm not 100% sure she'd stay out of trouble.

Pretty appalling the way ignorant people think, isn't it, Peaches. Good for you for "losing" the thing. Those kind of "viewpoints", if you can call them that, are no better than what we're up against with the terrorists. Imagine thinking there weren't people here before Mr. White Trash moved in. What a moron.

2 in the morning. Hm, I think I'll go play pogo.

Kiwi

P.S. Found a good Halloween joke:

A skeleton walks into a bar and says to the bartender: "Give me a beer and a mop."

Last edited by Kiwonk : 10-27-2001 at 02:05 AM.
Old 10-27-2001, 08:52 AM   #24
fatter than U

Default naughty, naughty cows!

guess what? Silly me doesn't have a virus protection programm!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhh! I think I opened one message from darling Bagzie but only because it said something about the fishing industry in Denmark. The rest from Lushy I trashed. I went to House Call and they said I was virus- free. Are they reliable? No one has complained yet.

I will have more to say about fundamentalists later. Much more.

Still recovering from The Visitors who are now safely home in their own little beds sleeping off the jet lag. Did you know you can buy pills called Jet-Lag-Stop? And Shift-Lag-Stop? I think we need Life-Lag-Stop.
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.