3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Lo Carb Support Club #6

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2001, 09:29 PM   #16
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hi all i am here. i had a bit of problem last night getting back on the puter. but i am here. i did fine today till the kids wanted to eat out and it was not in me to fight it so we did. i was good till i let my self get to hungry then well it was not to bad. I am going to be great for the weekend i did not have to make cookies today so i was saved and i do not like the cake for sat so that is fine i am going to make about 100+++ meatballs and i will do just fine!!
the funny thing is i am not craving the sugar as much as the flour stuff. so maybe it is time for the chromuim again i have been a bit slack on that.

Terri i am so glad to hear from you. I am sorry for your loss and the kids.

Pam if i knew that you were taking a thermogenic you would have heard me yelling at you from NY!!! Not everybody can take them. I will say that i have on and off but i have not had problems with them and i will find that i stop if i drink too much coffee and stuff. so take it easy. and do not rush the weight loss stuff. start a thread and post your daily food intake all of it!!! and we can pick at it till we find your foods that are holding you back. some have problems with cheese and others nuts and some others there are many things that could possible hold you back on this. so please post and we can help. i will post my foods there too OK???

Lee you will efinatly be in my prayers. i am excited that you are writing!!! what kind of book?? I will think of you and hope all is going well so you know you have a whole troop of us behind you in whatever you do!!! hey where is the stapler??? LOL I will have to hold you to it!!! I know that i must do this and i try to remember it all the time i need to have legal snacks in the house and get some more pro bars!! they help!! I will say that i am seeing more definition in my arms and legs it is really exciting!!!

Pat whoooo hoooo on the smaller size coat. i know it is a pain but you deserve it. you have been working really hard to get there and you need to flaunt what you have done so far. grat going on the job you are worth it!!! i am glad that they offered you more $$$. you have done your time and hard time it was!!! LOL do you have goos sneakers??? go to the mall and get a pair of nike's or some thing that will withstand the opunding and then ask fr insoles, for extra protection, that will go a long way because the running is pounding up and down on the back and if you can get a very supportive sneaker it will go a long way for helping your back. they recomend not to run on cement it is the worst and the blacktop is better but best to run a a track as it is make of clay and will give you more spring. but as i do not havew that option i went to the lasy footlocker and tole them i wanted to start running and i wanted a sneaker to withstand the pounding of over 200 lbs on it. she gave me a pair of adaids and sai d that shuold do it (as i said i had shin slplints last time i started to run. ) i then told her that i did not want i think it should do it i wanted to know if it would do it. then she recomended a pair of insoles that were 20$ but as everytihng was on sale i did not pay that much more for the sneakers with the insles as i would have if i had gotten them at regular price i paid about 65 $$ total!!also look at your posture when you are running. are you upright or leaning??? let me know how it is going ok??? and great job i will say that i went 10 min today i walked the first 2 then ran 3 walked 1 then ran 4!!! I ran 4 min straight!@!!! OMG!!! i have never done that bofore!!

BOO WHERE ARE YOOOO
Old 10-25-2001, 10:46 PM   #17
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

HAPPY THURSDAY MY FRIENDS! And that means...tomorrow is WEIGH IN DAY! I will start the weigh in thread as soon as I post here! Make sure you post there tomorrow. I 38 gone so far and would love if Mr. Scale makes it 2 so I can have 40 off and put up my smilies! I hope everyone has success of some sort. Remember....if the scale does ot show it...sometimes success comes in inches...or just in how you are doing in general! Make share you share with us!
gbo......I am pulling for you girl! You are in my thoughts and prayers for a HAPPY & HEALTHY BODY to match your HAPPY & HEALTHY PERSONALITY! Try some camamil (spelling) tea before bedtime. It may help get you to lullaby land!

fralick...Congrats on smaller size coat! (You will look "marvy" darling!) My motto is, "Death to all those who have candy dishes on their desks!" LOL!!! My biggest challenge so far has been Sarris Candy CHOCOLATE COVERED PRETZELS and LADY LOCKS in the staff lounge at work! I kept telling the others, "Eat these things!" Thank goodness they are gone! Ohhhhhhh noooooo Thanksgiving means PIE and then Christmas COOKIES! Repeat after me all:
I will be strong! I will be strong!

nasus.......I smile when I think of you running! (It means you are not riding on me in the pool or when I walk! LOL) No, seriously, running is sooo wonderful and something you should be extremely proud of! When I jog a bit on the track I smile with exhaustion......just knowing that I DID IT!!! I would get winded walking up 2 flights of steps carrying laundry not long ago.....and that does not happen now. It is a powerful feeling! Hope all is going well for you! Get some of that Diet Partner Tea with the chromium and think of meeeeeeee as you sip away!

tornadoteri....So sorry for your loss. I hope your children are old enough to have lots of memories of their gramma. When my mother-in-law passed away my sons were 11 and 8. We have worked hard to keep her memory alive for them over these past 10 years. We told them too that she was now their guardian angel. I am so happy to see you posting. Stay with us, babe! We are all gonna get to goal!

paula....I am sooo proud of you for how well you are doing on plan. I hope whatever is going on in your life that takes you away from our group for a bit is nothing serious. Please check in...even it is just a quick hello. I am concerned. You do not have to share details if it is of a personal nature....just let us know that you are alright.
Any other bus riders out there? Please post! We are a great group of girls determined to get to goal TOGETHER!
Catch you all tomorrow and see you on the weigh in thread! Woooo Hoooo!
Old 10-26-2001, 05:48 AM   #18
Work in Progress

Good Friday Morning to you all

Sue thank you for the great advice. If you could see the running shoes iwas using you would understand my back problem. I aslo need to be aware of my posture on all the machines as it reallt hurts whneI lean forward. I am supporting myslef as I get tired or winded. So alot of these things are compounding it. I have given myself my weekend break from w/o to recouporate. II will make up for it this weekend.

Pam Don't take those thermogenics. You are losing. I agree w/ SUe that you need to post your meals and we can see if we can make suggestions. As well w/ the sleep problems you are having will only get worse w/ thses products. I just read in the fitness mag that sometimes people slow there losing down because they don't adjust their cals as they lose. For example: At 240 I need X amount of cals to survive, at 210 I need less to survive. If I am consuming 1800 cals at 240 and the at 210 I will lose slower at 210 than at 240. Makes sence when you think of it. You are getting to goal just not as fast as you would like

Lee I am praying for you. Check in when you can I will miss your wisdom and "pull ups".

Dana- Thanks for you words of encouragemnt. You are the ultimate bus driver!!! Yes death to thise people ( who are usually skinny) who bring in candy!!! I know I am so worried about the holiday season!! And tonite I have to bake for DH. I don't want him to go empty handed when he goes away this wekend. I must be good. Maybe I'll choose peanut butter cookies I am allergic but it is risky for me to make them!! I will probabley worry all day about this. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Terri Take care, It sounds like you ghave got a good ex family relationship which certainly make sthings easier.

B00 how are you?

Old 10-26-2001, 09:27 PM   #19
Trying to find my way.

Pat i can imangine i had my shin slpintusing the shoes i had from kmart for 16$ and they were well worn!!! so i know and yo u hate to go and buy good shoes!!! they are so expensive but let me tell you it is definatly worth it!!! I will not go back now they are so comfortable i wear then all the time although i should get me a daily pair and save these for the gym but they are too comfortable!!! Do not make the PB cookies you do not want to risk an reaction to them!!!!

Lee we are thinking of you.

Boo i have you in my thoughts. how are you doing?? if you have fallen come back we can help you up!!! Dana has some great duct tape and she know how to use it!!!

Melody come and join us in a bit of play!!!

Dana i need some tape!!! lots of it!!! send me a pict of a thin person that i am going to look like to keep me ontract!!! close the buss door. i have taken my chromium again and need to take it more regularly i will keep it in my pcket. i will say that i am done with KFC i had my last today atleast for a while i was gettin an upset stpmach today from it. so that is good to much carbs and grease at the same time. i love the chicken though!!! so with that out of my system i shold really be ripping and jumping on your back at the pool(it will be my cooldwown from the running!!)

Terri still have you in my prayers. have a good weekend and take it easy!!
Old 10-28-2001, 03:42 PM   #20
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

HAPPY WEEKEND ALL!

A SUNNY BUT COLD SUNDAY HERE IN PITTSBURGH! WENT TO CHURCH, THEN OUT FOR BREAKFAST (YUM! YUM!) HUBBY IS PARKED ON THE COUCH IN FRONT OF FOOTBALL! WE HAVE A BANQUET TO GO TO LATER. OUR YOUNGEST IS RECEIVING A LOCAL SCHOLAR/ATHLETE AWARD, BUT IS UNABLE TO ATTEND DUE TO THE DISTANCE AND SCHEDULING OF COLLEGE. WE ARE GOING AND WILL RECEIVE IT ON HIS BEHALF. SPENT AN HOUR GOING THRU CLOTHES TO FIND SOMETHING TO WEAR....FUN, BUT NOT FUN. I HAVE GEIVEN AWAY EVERYTHING THAT WAS BIG....AND I HAVE LOTS THAT IS TOO SMALL....BUT FINDING THINGS THAT FIT RIGHT NOW IS A BIT OF A STRUGGLE. AT LEAST IN DRESSY CLOTHES. I HAVE SETTLED ON A PLAN STRAIGHT BLACK SKIRT AND A PRETTY OVERSIZED SAPHIRE DRESSY SWEATER. HUBBY GAVE IT THE OK......AND HE TELLS THE TRUTH! IT FEEL PRETTY IN IT...SO THAT IS A GOOD SIGN!

I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE WEIGHED IN! IT WAS ONE AGAIN FOR ME THIS WEEK. I REALIZE I SHOULD BE THANKFUL FOR A ONE POUND LOSS....BUT I GET SOOOOOO DISCOURAGED WHEN I HAVE BEEN REALLY REEEEEALLY GOOD AND IT IS ONLY ONE! (IT SURES GOES ON FASTER THAN THAT WHEN YOU ARE BAD!!!) HOPEFULLY NEXT WEEK IT WILL BE AT LEAST ONE SO THAT I CAN HAVE MY FORTY TOTAL AND PUT UP MY LONG AWAITED SMILIES!

NASUS......I GUESS NO MATTER WHAT...WE ALL HAVE OUR DOWNFALLS! IT SEEMS TO BE KFC CHICKEN WITH YOU AND PEANUTS WITH ME. I HAVE BEEN EATTING THE SHELLED UNSALTED ONES. I DO NOT GO OVERBOAD WITH THEM...BUT I NEED TO STAY AWAY FROM THEM ALL TOGETHER. I HAVE NO EXPLANATION FOR IT. I AM SOOOOOO GOOD WITH EVERYTHING...AND BOOM, THOSE DARN NUTS! GOOD FOR YOU WITH THE RUNNING! I DREAM ABOUT RUNNING! I WOULD LOVE TO DO A MARATHON ONE DAY. RIGHT NOW I AM HAPPY WHEN I CAN JOG PART OF THE PARK TRAIL! SO PROUD OF YOU! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND LET US KNOW HOW THE NEW CAREER IS GOING!

FRALICK...THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS! (DEATH ALSO TO THOSE BRING IN DONUTS AND COOKIES!!) GOOD GOING ON SUCCESS AT THE WEIGH IN THREAD! WE ARE ALL GONNA GET THERE GIRL!

GBO...I FEEL FOR YOU THAT THE WEIGHT IS NOT COMING OFF FASTER! BELIEVE ME!!!!!!!!!! I ALSO UNDERSTAND YOUR FRUSTRATION WITH THE ADDED MEDICAL CHALLENGES YOU MUST FACE. IT IS NOT FAIR! I DO NOT KNOW WHY SOME FOLKS FACE SUCH DIFFICULTIES IN LIFE. I SAW A PLAQUE RECENTLY THAT READ, "I KNOW GOD DOES NOT GIVE US MORE THAN WE CAN HANDLE.....BUT WHY DOES HE HAVE TO SO MUCH TRUST IN ME???" PLEASE CONTINUE TO EDUCATE YOURSELF ON WHAT FOODS WORK FOR YOU AND DO WHATEVER EXERCISE SUITS YOU. IT WILL COME OFF....IT WILL! YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL AND HAVE SUCH A BEAUTIFUL OUTLOOK ON LIFE.......IT WILL WORK! HANG TOUGH! WE ARE ALL PULLING FOR YA!!

TORNADOTERI........GET TO POSTING GIRLFRIEND! THE BUS IS ROLLING! (HOPE ALL IS GOIONG WELL WITH THE FAMILY.)

PAULA....I KNOW THAT WEIGHT IS COMING OFF........I JUST KNOW IT IS! TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO LET US KNOW HOW YOU ARE!

THE REST OF YOU BUS RIDERS NEED TO LET US HEAR FROM YOU! WHERE ARE YOU??? PLENTY OF SEATS AND PLENTY OF FRIENDSHIP/INSPIRATION/SHARING AND CARING TO GO AROUND HERE!

MY BEST TO ALL!
DANA ......ALWAYS HOPEFUL!
Old 10-29-2001, 04:46 AM   #21
Work in Progress

Well Here we are beginning another work week. I have been nursing my back x 4days now. I plan to slowky resume my w/o's today. Walking, not running and willskip the gym to access how I am in the morning. I think I also need to look at some stretching while w/o. I am not liking the not w/o. It makes me very nervous. I am so fearful of losing ground. I think that I did several things to aggravte my back last week. I am 39 not 19 LOL. WOE did well over the weekend. Got all my water in too!! The back kept me sidelined so I didn't feel like i accomplished anything HUGE SIGH!!

Pam, You are doing fine in the weight loss thing, I read somewhere that you had lost 11# a week in the past. WHile that is great in teh shoprt term teh body doesn't like it. You will make yourt goal this week!! We all want to be thin NOW!! But that isn't raelistic and worrying about it can trigger negative thoughts! Have you figured out the tape measure thing yet? That always helps my frustartion when th e scale isn't moving fast enough!

Dana, Have you reworked your calorie intake? since losing almost 40#. I just read somewhere that as we lose and consume the same amount of cals our losses will slow down. You are doing awesome!! Have you measured ? You will be at the 40# mark this Friday

Sue how was teh party?

Lee I see you are an early bird too this morning

Terri and B00 how are you ?

Well I am off

Old 10-29-2001, 06:50 AM   #22

I copied this over from the weigh in since it seems that you all have missed it:

I've stayed the same...no loss but no gain.

Pam: Another pound gone!!! Before iI know it, you're going to pass me on this program. If I were you, I'd drop the pecans and add green veggies. You need some healthy carbs in your program. I think that this will help you to drop the weight better. 1 cup of greens turnip greens has very few carbs in it, and it's healthy for you. Even adding bacon won't hurt (for the greens). BUT...you need your green vegetables!!! You can even have a salad with vinegar and oil (remember that onions have carbs too). Hang in there, my friend. I'm battling too with this yo-yo. Mine is from having a tremendous loss of appetite, and I am having to force myself to remember to eat.

Sue: A half pound is great. I know that you can pull it together...you're smarter than the average girl. If I were you, I'd do 2 weeks on the Atkins induction to give myself a kick start. You did so much better when you were having MUCH less carbs. Hang in there, babe...I'm pulling for you. By the way, your crackers are major triggers for carb cravings.

Dana: You're the champ as usual...1 pound is good. Imagine what a 1 pound bag of sugar looks like. You're doing well my friend. By the way, I did like your limerick.

Pat: Another mile marker for you going from the 40's into the 30's...YAHOO!!! We don't look any different between 39 and 40, but what an attitude change that it makes. I know how delighted I was when I went from 200 to 199.

Melody: Welcome to our little group. If you're looking for support, you've truly come to the right place. You will find lots of strength and determination here. Just hang on for this ride to rid yourself of your "fat suit".

Good job everyone!!!

I'm doing better emotionally. I was pretty mad at the world (I had to find something for my anger). I had a battle with my favorite son las week, and it felt like the world had come to an end. I've managed to work things out in my mind.

He is getting married next month to a person that is most undesirable in everyone's eyes (other than his, of course). Because I do not approve of his marrying her, I had considered not going to the wedding; however, I have reconsidered my position on that. I will be going...if only to prevent him from coming back to me and saying later that I didn't attend his wedding (I'll be there for the divorce too!!!).

My youngest son and I had a discussion about the wedding and he's not happy either, but we will attend together. I'm still angry, my youngest is angry, but life is too short to waste any more of my emotional energy on this problem. Life does go on, and what will be will be.

Lee
Old 10-29-2001, 12:35 PM   #23
Trying to find my way.

I will be hones with all of you I have had my carb fest!!! i had my crackers, macaroni, icecream and cake i had it all. and boy do i feel yucky!!! i had so much that i was ill!!! but my mind needed that, and now i am over it. i am ready to get on!!! i have a half eaten cake with home made frosting lookingat me and calling me but i am stronger for it!!! i am looking it in the eye and saying i do not want you and i do not need you!

not only that but when i went to the gym i ran for a total of 17 out of 31 min! walk/ run run for 3-4 min then walk for 2with a cool down and worm u[p!!! i feel great!!!

I do have a carb headach but that will be gone soon!!! just need to get more water in. I alos have to drin the water to get rid of the fluid gain from the carb load. so i will be swimming today!!! well floating!!!

pat how is the back? did youget some good shoes???I was hearing some thing about carthridge the ohter day and i was thinking of you!!! take your ibuprofen and that will help you get better soner!!

Lee well so loss is no gain!!! I am going back to induction (although i do PP it is generally the same) tht is the only way that i can do good. although if i do my carb fest when i have my horrible cravings it does help to get it over with. this time i knew it was comming and i could not stay OP before hand so i am han=ving the upper hand now. i must do this so i can get things off the ground. i can not be a diet councler if i can not get my act tog hether!!!But that is one thing that i have different than any of the others i know where they are comming from. but i also know how to get around it!!i just have to implement it!!! thanks for the workd of wisdom!!!

Meloday how are you doing??? i just wanted to let you know that i may just join in your running club. i tried tostart one in the 100' lb club but that did not go over to well!! and i really want to run it is some thin i have never done in my entire life! it is a challenge for me!!

Dana the 1 lb is a great success! it is going the right way if you were not following the diet then you would be gaining the weight. but remember that you are exercisisng and the more you do the more muscle you are building!!! i have lost very little for the last few months but have gone from a size 18 to a tight 14 (although one pair fits great!!!) remember that the muscle weigh 5 times more than fat and if you are gaining muscle you are increasing your metabolism and losing fat and toning your sklin as well. it is important to do that. so you may not see the scale move for a while very much and if you really start to weight lift e=then you may even see a gain like i did but it is because you are building the muscle and losing fat but the muscle is building faster than the fat is going but that is good, because soon the process will reverse then you will be dropping fat faster than you are building muslce!!! so it is good do not let the scale control how your progress is doing when ou are starting to esercise let the size show you your progress!!! let the pants that are getting looser show you let the fat that is feeling mushier show you, let the fat that seems to be seperating from your muscle (it really is a fat suit) show you. mine feels like i can cut it off with aknife my muscles have gotten so lean and tight! but i still have a huige padding that is getting really mushy as the cells are starting to really shrink!!!

Pam danas note is for you too do not let the small weight loss show you and depress you if you are gaining muscle then you will not show a drop in weight just use the clothes as your measure now the scale can give you an idea but it will not show the true fat loss and muscle gain!!

Last edited by nasus40 : 10-29-2001 at 12:45 PM.
Old 10-29-2001, 02:08 PM   #24
gbo

My fellow weight warriors.....I am fine. Still agravated to the max but that has no bearing on my diet other than I wish it went a bit more smoothly. OK.....a lot more smoothly!

Until then I have put on clothes that fit perfectly and haven't been touched in 5 years so it is going well in someway.

Sunday
three stalks celery and cream cheese
hamburgers no bread -two
5 pecan- my last for awhile though we are getting alot from the trees right now.
I use a lot of onions on everything and Lee say's to back off them so while I don my black robes and sob I will do this.
100 oz sparkling water.
1 soda cream diet
1 large cup of coffee
1 small can tuna with mayonnaise , onions and mustard on lettuce leaves.

I am going to add more seroius green to my diet come pay day.
It's been so quiet here lately. What's up Warriors!!!!
Love ,
Pam
Old 10-29-2001, 07:34 PM   #25
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Hello Friends!

I read everyone's posts and you have all given me lots to think about!

First of all.......Do you think one reason we share the same frustration about "not losing fast enough" is because in the past (when we were YOUNGER) we lost it faster because we did alot of STUPID diets? I know I did. Sure, it came off faster...but it also came ON faster! So, I guess this way is BEST...even if it is hard to accept! Also, I am 43 now. "They" say it gets harder to lose as you get older.....I guess THEY are right. So, if any young people are reading this out there.......don't gain weight in the FIRST place...or lose it NOW......cause the fat starts to like you pretty much...and it is hard to get rid of later on. Hmmmmmm. gbo...what do you think, babe??

THEN.......What fralick said about having smaller portions once you lose a substantial amount. I had a "lightbulb moment" there! I have been eating the SAME food now as I did 39 pounds ago. Now, here is a sample day. Do you think at 223 (5'9") I should change anything?

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs (done in the microwave without butter etc.) I eat them with pepper and a little Heinz ketchup...a PITTSBURGH THING!!! decaf coffee

Lunch: a serving of protein (example: can of tuna, hamburger without bun, plain chicken breast) and a small salad (2 cups) made mostly of lettuce with a little bit of, cukes, slice ot tomatoe and some mayonaise.

Dinner: more protein such as lunch and some veggies.

Snack: a slice or 2 of cheese and on bad days some &@#^ peanuts.

Any suggestions as to what I might need to change???

I also get in as much water as possible.

AAAAAAAAAANNNNNND...something nasus said made a few bells go off in my head too!!! As we exercise we do GAIN muscle and THAT weighs more! I seriously had NOT thought of that! It is true....I have read it all over the place......and I know that in the long run it is better for you and your body burns fat better with more muscle mass....but it did not register until nasus said it! I suppose we just put SOOOOOOOOOO much emphasis on the scale and those ALMIGHTY NUMBERS that we ignore other factors! I promise not to take any information for granted. As I have sadi before ....there ARE different ways of measuring success......we just need to acknowledge them as well and stop beating ourselves up over the NUMBERS!

Hey.......we STILL need those numbers to be accountable and to HELP measure out success....but we need to put more emphasis on other things, too!

Ok.....I made my point LOL!!!

My best to you all! Have a great week!

Dana (ALLLLLLWAYS HOPEFUL!!!)
Old 10-29-2001, 08:56 PM   #26

Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't been here. I had to go to Seattle for 2 day's, brother moved in, been working long hours. I'm doing absolutely HORRIBLE on program. I'm just so upset. I started back today and actually made it. It's extremely hard with my brother here. I've gained it all back in a stink'in week. My clothes don't fit now. BUT I knew if I checked back in I'd feel better. I have to leave now but will check in tomorrow.
Old 10-29-2001, 10:12 PM   #27
Trying to find my way.

BOO do not crush your self. you have gained water so being OP for a few days and drink tons of water it will flow right out. hang in there. take it one meal at a time. you can and will do it!!!! just tell your brother to chill out you hae to eat OP!!
so all hang on one day down!!! tomorow is a new day and we all will be better for it!!!
Old 10-30-2001, 05:16 AM   #28
Work in Progress

Good Morning ALL,
How are you doing?

I am doing OK. AM stressed ( in the background of my mind) about the new job. That limbo stress of wrapping one thing up and getting to the next step. All the unknowns. STill OP thank goodness. Am back exercising too. STarted slowly yesterday walking on the treadmil x 30 mins did more stretching and seem OK this morning.

Sue I had good sneaks but kept them in my gym bag and used old ones for here. . Realized I also did a bunch of things in the same week and overloaded the back. The back is better will give myself another week because I am fully back in the saddle. I hate carb fests!! It;'s almost like drinking, you feel good for a minute then have to deal w/ teh hangover. ANd you always know what the outcome is going to be but you do it anyway and then you have the added guilt stuff. WHY OH WHY OH WHY. But you sound like your back on track!! Iam so glad you are able to post again.

Pam, I am sending you a big HUG!!! Come out of that dark place you are in and stand in the light!! Can you feel the warmth? doesn't it feel good? You really are doing welll!!! It just takes so much time. ANd you know that is OK . Because we are all with you
It will be OK ANd we are a;ll together and We will dio this!!!

Dana , I want To tell you how much I respect your commitment and determination. I read your diet/ menu and know that you have'nt cheated. It sounds good I guess my suggestion would be to do some measureing and check your portion size and maybe shake things up a bit. Your body mught have gotten used to your calorie amount and are you taking a multivite?

B00 I am so glad to see you. I hate when a little bit of change trhrows you off plan. Get the water going to flush yourself and you willl feel better.

Lee how are you doing? I saw your dream post > Cooll stuff. You have been doing awesome weight loss wise!!

Terri Hello

Melody Come on and post here we need a new chatter!!!

You all have a great day

Old 10-30-2001, 10:24 AM   #29

Default GOOD MORNING

HELLO everyone,

Just popping in to say Hi, Im still here..... I almost hate coming here because it seems like everytime I do Ihave something depressing to say.... My old boyfriend from high school is here in town, he lives in Texas, because his brother committed suicide ...HOW AWFUL.... I found out Sun night and funeral was MOn morning and I had to work so I couldnt go....but I have talked to him and he wants to see me while he is here... We have kept in contact about the last 5 years, calling each other once in a while just to say Hi, How are ya???,. Now, I know this is gonna prob sound shallow, but I really dont want him to see me at this weight....He still pictures me slimmer and this is really bothering me....I know, due to the death of his brother that I should just be thinking of that and how wonderful it would be to see him again ( I havent seen him in 20 yrs), but I honestly feel embarrassed about my weight, so much so that I dont know if Im gonna see him......I dont mean to sound so shallow but this is tearing me up and I just dont know what to do!!!!!!

anyway, I promise to be more positive and hopefull not have any more depressing things to discuss.....Im learning, that by all these funerals I have attended lately, that Life is just too short and I need to get on with it.....

Hope everyone has a great day.....I will check in later...Take Care
Old 10-30-2001, 06:21 PM   #30
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Hello All!

Just got back from walking. It gets dark sooo early now that it makes getting all I need to do difficult! I want to walk when I can and save the swimming for when it is too cold/dark out to walk! Oh well...as long as I move my BUTT!

tornadoteri.........glad to see you posting! Get control of your eatting plan and start moving your butt and things will fall into place. About the old boyfriend thing....(my advice---do what you want)....I say see him if YOU WANT TO and if he want to see you. FORGET about the extra weight! Chances are HE has changed too! One of my old boyfriends now has SNOW WHITE HAIR...but he still has the most sparkling blue eyes! That is what I notice when I see him! Also, another boyfriend changed sooooooo much (fat, thinning hair) that I did not recognize him! But after talking a few minutes...it was the 18 year old I remembered! Listen, we are adults now. Your weight is just one part of you. It has kept us PRISONERS! We are prisoners in our own bodies! You said it best...life is too short. If you want to see him, put on your best SELF and do it! If you do not want to see him......send a nice card or call to chat. You have to do what is best for you!

fralick....I take a vitamin (when I remember). I think I may try less red meat and more chicken and fish. I have cut down on cheese and need to do away with peanuts all together! I get on a kick and will eat them 4 days a week. They help with potty trips if you know what I mean! But...they are not the best thing to be eatting. I get such great advice, encouragment and support here that it just blows me away!

nasus......hope all is going well for you! (Were you cold today when we walked???)

butterfly........take it one HOUR at a time if you have to ...but get on plan! Once you got 2 days or so you will feel like a new woman! Drink as much water as you can and READY, SET, GOOOOOO!

paula....I need to come up with a new poem or limerick for Friday. If I hit the 40 total off you will hear me yell from Pittsburgh!!! Thanks for the kind words! You are the one on plan "special gal." (Ohhhhhhh, Mr. Scale....)

gbo...Yep.......add some "greens" I buy fresh green beans and eat them like candy! (Sad, huh??? LOL) They will be a wonderful addition to your food program! It looks like you are eatting healthy.....you just need more veggie carbs! I know how frustrating it is! I would like to take a knife and CUT this fat from my body. It will come off! We will all get to goal together!

Well....I gotta run and get dinner! (Chicken breasts!!!!!!)

Take care ALL!
Dana (Hopeful to the MAX!!)
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.