Old 02-21-2007, 06:53 PM   #121  
Radiate self!

Default Wednesday

Does focusing on being fat keep you fat? Oprah and "the secret" show was very confusing to me. I'm all for positive energy but do people really believe what you focus on comes to you? So if I were to focus on lots of money, I want, I want, it will materialize? I enjoy certain aspects of the New Age stuff but for pete's sake! She had a show on having her chakras aligned yet? I know there was a program about the colour of your aura and what all that means. I appreciate Oprah for doing shows that aren't all about belittling people, but she is liable to do a show on witches and spells next

That being said, I still send good vibes and healing thoughts to Rose's mom
I'm glad Mel's patience and good heart has been rewarded with some new wheels.
I give thanks to Shad getting to go home for the weekend and away from the timelines and male energy.
Suzy has a wonderful new job to expand her learning.
Fingers crossed that Ceejay finds some water and feels less bloated.
Thank Happy's lucky stars that she has a rooster who knows when to be useful and not hinder progress.
Wonderful news that Holly is feeling better, she needs all her energy you know.
Painter is looking for art ideas to explore and create new beauty in the world.
Madcat is snuggling with her hubby and likely as not has that elusive bottle of Zinfandel Shad mentioned, actually she mentioned a few bottles :P
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:22 AM   #122  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MEADOW..A FEW YEARS AGO OPRAH DID A SHOW ON PEOPLE THAT SQUEEZE THE LAST BIT OF TOOTHPASTE OUT OF THE TUBE, THE LAST TINY BIT OF DEODORANT ETC. WOMEN THAT WERE TRYING TO SAVE $$ TO GET A HOUSE OR PAY FOR A HOUSE OR BILLS ETC. WELL THERE WERE SEVERAL HUMILIATED WOMEN ON THERE AND ONE IN PARTICULAR WAS TERRIBLY UPSET. BETRAYED BY HER FAMILY AND HER IDOL OPRAH AND ALL HER RAW FEELINGS HANGING OUT THERE FOR ALL TO SEE ON NATIONAL TV. OPRAH SEEMED TO BE ENJOYING THE DISCOMFORT OFG ALL THESE WOMEN AND WENT AFTER THIS ONE IN PARTICULAR BY MAKING FUN OF HER. THE WOMAN WAS IN TEARS. EASY FOR OPRAH AND HER BILLIONS TO LAUGH. JEN AND I WROTE A LETTER AND ASKED THE HARPO PRODUCTIONS IF THEY WERE PLEASED AND PROUD WITH THEMSELVES. I HAVE NEVER WATCHED HER AGAIN AND I DON'T THINK JEN DOES EITHER. OK THE RANT IS OVER.
YES I AM A VERY HAPPY CAMPER. GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE. MISS YOU LADY!!!

SHAD~ OK I WILL TURN EVERYTHING OFF AROUND 4PM MY TIME.....THAT SHOULD BE TIME ENOUGH FOR YOU? OR MAYBE 3PM IS BETTER. OK 3 IT IS SEE YA MANANA!

THE DAY WENT WELL YESTERDAY. NOTHING REALLY NEW. JEN AND I WENT OVER THE CHAIR TO SEE IF THERE WAS ANYTHING LOOSE ETC. I TIED SOME WIRES THAT WERE HANGING DOWN WITH WIRE TIES. IT AMAZES ME HOW A SALES REP CAN LET A CHAIR GO, WALK OUT OF THE PERSON'S HOUSE AND NOT HAVE DONE ALL THAT FIRST. IT'S HIS JOB! SAFETY FIRST FOR THE CUSTOMER!! IF THE WIRES CATCHES ON SOMETHING OUTSIDE, THE CHAIR STOPS RUNNING AND HOW DOES THE PATIENT GET HOME?????
I ALWAYS TELL THE MEN THAT COME HERE"ARE YOU SURE EVERYTHING IS OK CAUSE I AM OUT THERE ALL ALONE!!!!!!!!!".
OK DONE WITH ANOTHER RANT. DEEP BREATH.
WHERE IS ALL THIS COMING FROM? WTF!?!?!?
MAYBE I BETTER GO AND DRY MY HAIR AND EAT BREAKFAST!!! Grrrrrrrrrr :MOPED:
HAPPY THURSDAY!!

WORLDLY CHICKIES!!
AND TO NAE'S MOM!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:33 AM   #123  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

'Morning chicks,

Hi Meadow. What's this about Oprah? Often I find her a bit over the top so I don't really watch much any more. So I can't say I understand what's going on with the secret thing you mentioned. All I will say is that as individuals we often do a great job of talking ourselves OUT of doing something that is out of our comfort zone. I also think we can achieve more than we think we can.

Shad - enjoy your weekend home even if it does go by in a blur. Let us know when you get more specific details on time frames and durations. I had to laugh about your earlier comment about doing yard work. We sure have enough to share here so we will take you up on it. I have already warned the roses that Auntie Shad is coming to whip them into shape

Mel - did the NS cause a problem with the face again or did I misunderstand? Glad you got a new chair - that is really wonderful. I never thought about the battery running low - I thought they stayed charged for about 18 hours or so but that would take a pretty big battery, wouldn't it?

Ceejay - my friend at work also has a "sensitive tummy". It is frustrating as many of the things they tell you to eat to be healthy like salads cause her problems - she has to limit them. Takes extra work to plan the diet. If you steam veggies to "tender crisp" does that help any?

Prayers for your Mom Nae. Hope all comes out well.

I have a cold today. Feeling rather miserable and all I want to do is go back to bed - like that is an option I just hope I can stay awake in the meeting this afternoon. And I have so much - too much - to get done to be ready for a project review tomorrow morning.

I went to the homeowners assn meeting yesterday. People were surprised that I resigned. They tried to suck me back in again but I said I can't at this time and stuck firm. It's a hodgepodge right now, I hope it straightens out with some new blood involved.

Time to drag myself out the door. Have a good one. If you see me dozing, give me the elbow, won't you?
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:54 AM   #124  
Happy September

POOR HAPPY!! WE'LL ALL BE EXTRA QUIET SO YOU CAN DOZE ALL YOU WANT!! I PROMISE NOT TO WAKE YOU OR USE THE PROD!! HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON.
VERY GLAD TO SEE YOU STUCK TO YOUR GUNS!! GOOD WORK LADY!! THE BATTERIES LAST A LONG TIME AND THERE ARE 2 12 VOLT MAKING A 24 VOLT SYSTEM. THEY'RE DIFFERENT THAN CAR BATTERIES AND AND LAST A DAY. SOME PEOPLE GET MORE TIME OUT OF THEM BUT I'M A BUSY GAL. YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO LET THEM GO DOWN PAST THE 1/2 WAY MARK AND CHARGE THEM EVERY DAY. SO THAT'S WHAT I DO. MY BATTERIES LAST 2 YRS THAT WAY. WITH ALL THESE CHAIRS I CAN GET EVERYTHING DONE AND STILL HAVE POWER!!!!!
YES THE FACE TOOK A TURN FOR THE WORSE. AND IT WAS THE SAME AMOUNT OF WEEKS ROUGHLY AS THE LAST 2 TIMES. SO THAT IS THE END OF THE NS ORDERING. SIGH. SO IT'S BACK INTO THE KITCHEN WENCH FOR ME
CONCENTRATE ON GETTING WELL!!
Old 02-22-2007, 09:43 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning all

Meadow--Oprah does go to the extreme but it's all for ratings. I don't take the things she says to seriously. It does get ones dander up sometimes.

Happy--I should be steaming my veggies, the good doctor said to eat cooked food from now on due to the colon problem he found. Lettuce is out of the question now. I paid for it big time.

Mel--Glad you have learned how to inspect those chairs. We don't want you to have another accident.

The guys that are tearing(sp) down the old generator building stayed after 4 p.m.I watched them leave at 5.30 p.m. to make sure that the gate was locked. There is a young black male working with them and when he got out of the truck he almost lost his pants. He wears those sagging kind. On his way to lock the gate he lost them. They fell down to his ankles. I laughed so hard. I left T. a note requesting that he buy this guy a pair of suspenders.

I think my computer is on the brink of a crash. But it's been running slow since I down loaded the new internet 7.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 12:15 PM   #126  

Hi Ladies....mom update.... geez my mom told the night nurse about her pain under her left shoulder blade and when the dr. saw it in the morning he asks her how long she had this...oh a long time.... the poor Dr. must just get so many people like this. anyway postponed the surgery to combine two surgeries now.... I think she is finally getting she has a heart problem..... ok I will be nice.....anyway continues prayers are much appreciated... My Mom is a comedian without really trying most of the time.....
Thanks all,
Peace,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 05:13 PM   #127  
Smackin' into a Wall

Sorry I haven’t been around much, chickies. But a combination of work and just life has intervened. Remember how I said the contract I was working now was wacky? Well it continues to astound me. The person who brought me on the project has departed for greener pastures. Our new manager thinks that contractors shouldn’t be given any authority so I’m being kept out of the loop of most of the project and I have to ask my coworker – who has been air lifted in from another project – what is going on. She gets invited to meetings that I should be at and then I find out things second hand. I’m handholding a rooster on the business side who seems to be having issues with people being “mean” to each other. This project has the worst communication issues I have ever seen (and I’ve seen some doozies). And I have a headache that is going on for a week. I’m sure it’s a combo of stress and a wicked sinus infection. I came home early today, watched Beauty and The Beast (always makes me feel better) and then napped on the couch. I actually feel a bit better. Added to that is the fact that the Weather Gods are teasing. Yesterday was sunny and above freezing and today it snowed again and the winds have picked up. Such a good day to be home with the cats. Ok feels better getting THAT off my chest. If I could just have a good cry I might feel even better.

Actually it’s not that bad. I’ll just go in and do what they pay me to do. No one says I have to renew when renewal time comes… in fact, with luck most of the work will be done by then and they won’t need to renew me.

Rosebush ~ *Hugs and good thoughts for Vera!!*

Meadow~ I’ve been off watching Oprah for a while just because every once in a while she looks as if she is phoning it in… but I really enjoy reading her O magazine. They seem to bring in some really good writers and they have some really interesting articles.

Mel ~ See ranting can be very therapeutic. Let it out, baby. So you are madcap, are you?? That’s about right.

Happy~ Nudge! You awake? Sorry the job thingie you mentioned earlier didn’t ripen on the vine. I agree with others in that you never know what might happen down the line. I once got turned down for a job I really wanted and then got a call a week later when the person they hired only lased 4 days. Feel better!!

Ceejay ~ I’ve heard that IE 7 still has quite a few issues. Some websites’ functionality doesn’t really work with it. Funny story about the young man and his pants. There’s a fashion trend I don’t get.

Shad ~ You have earned your weekend home. Hope your looming deadlines don’t keep you from relaxing and enjoying yourself, even if it sounds as if you have to cram the time home with personal maintenance. Dried fruit are a good traffic control system. but don’t forget that drying the fruit doesn’t rid it of calories – just puts them in a smaller package. I was reading one of your earlier posts about the roosters (I LOVE that term) and I was thinking that if they didn’t straighten up and fly right you could threaten to make them into capons…
K, I better go. to all the other chickes. So lovely to see you all. Even if I don’t have the energy to post I will be reading.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:49 AM   #128  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

Well Madcat, that's a real bummer. Someone lures you away to take a new account and then they leave you high and dry? AND in a house of lunatics to boot? Some "friend" I hope that something better comes along SOON. I hear you on the job thing, I do believe things happen for a reason. Sometimes it's hard to just turn away and ignore things - especially when it falls into the category of "it's not fair..." but you have to.

Wishing you warmer weather too. It's been in the 60's here this week. Spring has arrived. At least for this week. The air is warmer, it smells so wonderfully fresh and the green bits are about to bud so the nose has woken up too - sniffle, sniffle, sniffle. I love spring though. Can't wait to open up the windows in the house. Take a deep breath.... ahhhhhhhh.

We were all talking at work that we don't know what it is but we all seem to have a severe case of the hungries. It's not that we're looking to eat bad stuff, we all seem to be overly hungry this week. And the fact that it seems common among a group of random folks seems to say that something is in the air.

Thanks for the hugs Mel! I hope your face does get too bad. It must be that soy again, isn't it? I never realized that a lot of people react to it. I've always avoided it because it slows your thyroid function down and I don't need any of that. Sending you some warm breezes too. Get out and enjoy yourself - get away from the demands for a while.

CeeJay - I've upgraded to IE7 and get a lot of page not found errors. I don't like this one as much myself. Our cable company changed from Time Warner to Comcast and service has definitely gotten worse. Hard to tell which to blame - the cable or the software!

Enjoy your weekend at home Shad. Say goodbye to your money but know it's going for a good cause - us

Timer just went off - oatmeal is done. Got to go eat some. Happy Friday...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:53 AM   #129  
Happy September

PERSONALLY I THINK WE ALL HAVE SINUS INFECTIONS IN DIFFERENT STAGES. I STARTED TAKING ADDITIONAL DRUGS THIS MORNING. AND I TOO WOULD LOVE TO SIT DOWN AND CRY WITH MADCAT BUT I FEAR OUR SINUS SITUATIONS WOULD BE EVEN WORSE
NO FOOD SHOPPING TODAY. JEN WILL DO IT. THE WINDS ARE LIKE 50 MPH OUT THERE AND I FEEL JUST TOO COLD. MOTHER NATURE IS TEASING ALL OF US. 50 ONE DAY AND BELOW 20 THE NEXT. I HAVE ONLY ONE JOB SCHEDULED FOR TODAY AND THAT'S NOT TILL 6PM.
A TENANT IS MOVING AGAIN INTO A HANDICAPPED APT THAT JUST BECAME AVAILABLE. SHE IS GOING INTO A WHEELCHAIR NOW. SO MOVERS ARE BRINGING HER STUFF FROM STORAGE WHERE SHE HELD IT. THERE WAS NO SENSE IN MOVING TWICE. SHOWER AND FOOD NOW FOR ME. GOING TO BE A QUIET DAY FOR.....HOPEFULLY.

MADCAT~ GOOD TO SEE YOU AND I CAN WELL UNDERSTAND LIFE GETTING IN THE WAY. HAPPENS TO ALL OF US. SORRY ABOUT THE JOB SITUATION.... HOW THEY THINK LEAVING YOU OUT OF THE LOOP IS A GOOD THIN IS BEYOND ME I ALWAYS HATE 2ND HAND INFO. STAY STRONG! DON'T LET THE HEADACHES GET WORSE!!

NAE~ MOM CRACKS ME UP. LOTS OF THAT GOING ON OVER HERE TOO. I DO IT MYSELF
LOTS OF HUGS FOR BOTH OF YOU

CEEJAY~ THE PANTS STORY WAS TOO FUNNY! SUSPENDERS!!!! OMG!!! THAT MUST HAVE BEEN A REAL SIGHT. THOSE PANTS ARE DANGEROUS!!! KIDS HAVE FALLEN DOWN STAIRS IN SCHOOLS MAKING THE SCHOOLS FORBID THEIR WEARING OF THEM! UNREAL. THEY LOOK SO UNCOMFORTABLE TOO. WONDER IF T GIGGLED!!

HAPPY FRIDAY LADIES AND HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND

EDIT:
MISS HAPPY! I JUST SPIED YOU AS MY POST POSTED!! I JUST FINISHED MY OPATMEAL. HAD I KNOWN...I WOULD HAVE WAITED FOR YOU AND WE COULD HAVE DONE BREKKIE TOGETHER
MAYBE NEXT TIME!!! MY CHIN LOOKS LIKE A TEENAGER WITH REALLY BAD ACNE!! REALLY PRETTY!! NOT!!!
HOPE THAT YOU FEEL BETTER TODAY AND HAVE A FINE WEEKEND!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 02-23-2007 at 09:02 AM.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:39 AM   #130  

I have read everyone's post .Lots going on for all in this life thing we are all in.
I do love you all!!!

Last night 7pm-
We are having a blizzard. I went out this morning in a light coat, slide on runners and ankle socks. +4C. We are storming . -5 C right now.It just took me 45 min to drive home from work ( a 10 min drive) in complete white out conditions. My angels were with me. My boss was in a 9 car pile up. Able to call me.
Nerves are officially wracked. Going to rest. Hubby made it home before me and picked up the kids.

Last night 10pm-

Interesting evening here. Lots of different things going on. My boss J was in an accident involving 9 cars. She was taken to hospital and has broken fingers and they were looking at her ankle. I offered to work full time to cover for her starting Monday.
A friend of my Grandma’s called here because Grandma hadn’t answered her phone for 3 days. So I called sis and she went over. All is well.The phone jack is busted.Grandma is 97...wont live forever buty apparently is hanging on for now.
I talked to our school psychologist this morning about DS. She recommended regular conselling or therapy for him thru institutional type places. Not what we really want for him.I have made some calls to explore other options for now. He is sooooo senistive to...well....everything and is really struggling with me being away from home. He has been angry a lot. Violent towards me and then one night talked of suicide with a plan. I am sure it was attention seeking or a way to give light to how insecure he was feeling but still not okay.We just cant let it go.Hubby has been great in discussion about this. Definitely a new thing. I am thankful.

Anyhow....I am tuckered out. Happy not to go any where tomorrow. Happy to be home after that freaking drive.

This Morning-
I am pretty sure this thing with DS is a delayed reaction to the troubles we had in Dec and then me going to work. I spoke with 2 counsellors yesterday. Will continue to follow up today.

I slept til 8:30. Hubby is home. Didn’t want to dig us out at 6am. He and DS leave today for a city 3.5 hours north for a tournament. Must do laundry and get groceries ASAP.

I feel sooooooo tired. What a day yesterday.What a week.
I will need to iron a collared shirt for DS. Hope the house doesn’t burn down. I only iron once every 5 or so years.They wear team ties for tournys.
I want to do as much housework as I can today so when I am alone here I can just “be”. I take DD to her friends at 6pm.
Solitude will be sooooo nice.
There is an abundance of stuff to do here. Like the taxes for 3 businesses. I can do that better without distraction.If i get them done I still have time to buy RRSP’s to offset any payment we might have to make. Oh, i could clean the basement, organize Avon product, make a display for the hair shop, I have a trade show in march,watch a movie with some babe-alicious hunks............every room in this house needs at least an hours attention.

Hope the time doesn’t go too quickly.

Food continues to be okay. Need to get groceries for sure. Lacking fresh stuff. Need to make snacks for the trip for the boys.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:04 AM   #131  

Morning everyone
I googled internet 7 last night and it had a thing to repair the errors. I had 452 error's just from internet 7. Wishing now that I had never upgraded to this. If I deleted this would it crash my whole system???? Those with computer knowledge let me know.

Went to the doctor's office yesterday to pay the bill I owed on the colonoscopy. They let me set up an installment plan. After this I drove to Blytheville to get my hair cut. It's a wee bit short but I'm not complaining at least it's even.

I decided that it's time to get back on track. Made out a menu plan yesterday for 1500 calories. And sceduled time's to eat which seem to be my main thing in losing weight. Will exercise later today to burn 200 calories on the stamina bike.

I just looked at the clock and see that it's time for me to put the meat loaf in the oven. Made spaghetti last night. The left overs will be frozen to be used later. The menu's this week are Italian.

Back later to comment.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:46 PM   #132  
Smackin' into a Wall

Ceejay ~ You shoudl be able to uninstall IE 7 using the Add/remove programs function from your computer's Control Panel with no problem. The only problem might be getting a copy of IE 6 to replace it. Of course you could also download a copy of Netscape or Mozilla and replace IE entirely. Just a thought...
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:35 PM   #133  

Madcat: Thanks for the information.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:12 PM   #134  

I switched to Mozilla. sooooooooo much better.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 05:36 PM   #135  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Nice to see Madcat posting again. Hope you feel better soon. Just need to get Carla back on line and all the Canadians will be accounted for.

It looks like I didn't post yesterday. I was sure I had. Another 'Senior Moment' no less. Hope I remember to get on the right plane at the right time for the right reasons on Sunday.
Speaking of planes. It appears that I will be flying out of Brisbane on 23rd or 24th May. Which means after 10 hours flying time I get to LA earlier than I left Aus. We are having a problem or two with trying to upgrade my flights. It seems that I can only upgrade on a full economy fare which is between $700 and $1200 higher than the specials. What a have! Anyway from there I am going to Phoenix and hiring a car to go to my friends place in Chino Valley and I am going to drive I40 across to Farmington New Mexico where I will meet up with my next lot of friends. From there I fly to Memphis, quite how yet I don't know - it seems that one can't go direct, so I may end up in another airport someplace in which case I may make it Dallas, spend a night there and I could possibly meet up with Painter. I will still be with Happy on or after the 4th - 5th June which is earlier than I first thought. Is that okay Happy or do we make it for later in the week? or later in the month? or has DH got the camping gear, fishing rod and small boat ready and is designing the 'Gone fishin' sign?
New York will follow 4 or 5 days later, then Toronto somewhere close to 15/16 June and over to Banff to join the Rocky Mountaineer for a train journey across the Rockies - expensive but hey once in a lifetime! BC for a couple of days and back to LA getting home around 29th or 30th.
None of these dates is stuck in concrete yet because of the kerfuffle with upgrades, but they will be by the end of next week or so.

For those of us with colds, sinus or health conditions, come on over - I have a garden smelling of roses! They are doing well and I have THE most gorgeous orchid out. Deep burgundy red with lighter red and orange patches on the lip. Just dandy. Some idiot named it Choclate Drop. It looks more appetising than that. More like a good deep velvety shiraz with cinnamon. Ymm.

Okay I gotta get moving. I've spent time on the phone with Mel. I need to go back to the store to return some Veal that was off - pooh - and I aint gonna spend that sort of money putting up with their crap. Following that I may ring my Sister and Chris. In between times I need to do some housework and gardening. Weeds are everywhere. Sunday the cat is yelling at me everytime I go to DS2's place. She wants out!!!!

Be back later.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote