Old 02-08-2007, 09:43 PM   #46  

Whoosh.............and another day goes whooshing by!!!

My Ta Da list is enormous. It was all good. Kicked hair butt again. Covered everything that needed to be done here for the family and at the school and breakfast meeting before work and then went to book club after work.
Just had a delightful bath. VEEEERY tired but will watch ER if it isn't a rerun.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:58 PM   #47  
Suzi in Auz

Hi Holly seeing your little light all aglow..hope you had a great day...enjoy E.R

I finally have a moment to sit down and write! PHEW

It's a been a busy week to say the least. The kids are back at school and into their 2nd week. It feels as though we are already half way through the term. They all seem happy which is a bonus.
I have started my new job. It's SO good and am very happy. There is so much to do but I have to walk before I can run.
I am working at a Women's Health centre coordinating all the goings on there. It's fun. I am enjoying it and the stimulation with others. I am still working 1 day a week at my old position but not sure how long...hopefully it will move into 3 days at the new place. it's much more pleasant and close to home...it will work out beautifully. I just have to wait until Management committee give me the all clear. NGO's have their issues. The management committee is made up on not so willing volunteers and their really don't make decisions well.
Going from 1/2 a day voluntary and 1 day paid to 3 full days paid is lovely and everything helps towards the Paris fund! I am still unsure as to whether or not it is going to happen yet but even if it doesn't there will be something else.
I haven't had the chance to read posts yet but will go back and see how you all are.

I have to tell you all about my little outing last night. We went to see a show. Billy Crystal is in town with his show 700 Sundays. It was so GOOD. Very enriching and heart warming. I laughed so hard with big belly laughs that my sides hurt and my cheeks ached, I also cried he was so touching. I think he is amazing being able to relate his growing up experience to everyone. He has created something that everyone can relate to. So so good. Both my DH and I had read the book and the show was basically him acting out the stories. He is a fantastic story teller. If you get the oppportunity or if it comes to you town you should all go and see it!

Hope you all have fantastic weekends.
I'm off to plan mine!
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 10:38 PM   #48  
Suzi in Auz

I feel very clever!
I have just read over all your postings and written myself little notes ...it's so much better that way instead of scolling up and down.
I think I will start backwards

Happy I hope you are feeling better.You poor thing. You deserve lots of snuggles and some one to pamper you! Hope the aches and pains down eventuate into anything hedious! I LOVED your penquin attempt at the avatar. How cute!

Ceejay... there is always someone like that out there. She obviously has insecurities. It is a real shame. She is looking for faults to elevate herself. hmmm to you. I hope you find some resolve. positve thoughts!

How nice of you to have had your sisters with you. How many do you have? I would LOVE a sister. I have 2 brothers. I think that is why i am always searching for those type of frienships. I hope your DD had a BEST birthday. What a lovely Mum you are. Thank you for all your psositivity! It is my NY resolution to think positively throughout my day. positive positive positive! I love that song " smile" it is one of my favourites.

Madcat See post about the job. i thought I had told everyone about it before the NY but I must have thought I did and didn't! LOL hope all is well in your world.

Mel Wishing you lots of warm thoughts, hope the cycle stops!! NOT good. hmmm. Lots of lovely smelling virtual things sent your way ... no sneezing!

Rosebush.. You clever thing YOU. Don't you just LOVE being a woman! You are woman see her wiggle....You already have him sorted. Good on YOU. Nothing like some sexy attire to stop those dreaded talks!

Carla... so cute you avatar. Howdy doody to you.

Shad.. I am so glad Ididn't have to send you a package with some fins and a snorkel. It did all look scary on the TV. is it a storm in a teacup? or don't they know yet. Category 2 they reckon...i'm not sure what Tracy was. I guess they are being safe. Thanks so much for the translations too. I had no cluye but often don't.
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:21 AM   #49  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi chicks,

I have a long day tomorrow with an early start - 5:30am and it's nearly 12:30 am and I am not in bed yet.

Saw your post Suzi. Congrats on making the transition to more pay. Hope things work out well for you - nice to have some extra to put into the travel fund. The Billy Crystal show sounds fabulous. He is such a riot. I will have to check out his book.

I'm off to bed now. Nursing a cold - must have sneezed no less than 50 times today. My record was 8 in a row. Stupid germs.

Rest well everyone and have a good Friday. I might not be back until Saturday morning - depends how long Friday goes.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:22 AM   #50  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MISS HAPPY I HOPE YOU WILL BE FEELING BETTER SOON. BAD TIMING WITH THE BUSY WEEK AND ALL. SAVE THE CUTLETS, I AM ON MY WAY!! ALL OUR GOOD THOUGHTS FROM YOUR MOUTH TO GOD'S EAR!! HOPE HE IS LISTENING!! GET WELL SOON!

CEEJAY~ GOOD FOR YOU! I AM GOING TO FOLLOW YOUR ADVICE AND NOT LET "HER" GET TO ME EITHER. WE WILL FOOL THEM!!! MEN ARE SO SLOW TO WISE UP.
HOPE BOTH OUT WEEKENDS ARE GOING TO BE QUIET!

SUZI~ GOOD LUCK FOR THE NEW RAISE TO COME THRU. THANKS FOR THE AROMATHERAPY!! WAS THERE LAVENDER IN THERE.....I THINK I SMELLED SOME
EVEN IF THE PARIS THING DOESN'T COME, WE CAN HAVE A GOOD TIME THINKING ABOUT IT ANYWAY!

GO HOLLY GO!!

THE DRAMA CONTINUES. THE DIRECTOR NEVER SHOWED UP. I DIDN'T BOTHER GETTING DRESSED BECAUSE I kNEW HE'D BE A "NO SHOW". NOT TO WORRY. APRIL 1ST IS A LONG TIME AWAY.
I AWOKE TO A WATER MAIN BREAK UPTOWN AND WE HAVE NO PRESSURE. HAD TO POUR WATER INTO THE TOILET TANK FOR A SECOND FLUSH!!!
I AM BEGINNING TO THINK THERE IS A DARK CLOUD HANGING OVER MY HEAD AND I BETTER GET PREPARED FOR THE DELUGE
BEEN FEELING A BIT ON THE WONKY SIDE AND MANY TRIPS TO THE LOO. THOUGHT IT WAS NERVES BUT NOW I THINK IT WAS SOME INTESTINAL VIRUS. ALMOST GONE TODAY BUT I TOOK A PASS ON THE FOOD SHOPPING. THE KIDS ARE GOING TO GO TONITE. COLD OUT ANYWAY!!!

HAPPY FRIDAY/SATURDAY!
HOPE SHADDIE IS SAFE AND SOUND.
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND TOO!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:06 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Have no major plans for the day.

Happy--Feel better soon. I've been taking ClaritinD 120mg from over the counter. It sure has helped.

Mel--Are you planning an April fools day?

Suzi--Good luck on the new three day work week plan.

I'm off to take my bath in my new Skin so Soft from Avon. It arrived yesterday. This is about the only thing I use when my dry itchy skin acts up during cold weather.

I'm also in a no "diet Mood" today. I can't seem to break my old habits and I really need to. I eat like a teen ager and my 56 body doesn't handle it very well.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 05:04 PM   #52  
Happy September

3 WATER MAINS ARE BROKEN NOW. NO WATER TO SPEAK OF. JUST A TRICKLE ON THE FIRST FLOOR. EVERYONE NEEDS A BUCKET TO FLUSH THE TOILET. WHAT ABOUT ALL THE OLDIES??????????? MAINTENANCE MEN RUNNING UP AND DOWN LIKE MAD WITH BUCKETS!
CAN'T DRINK THE TRICKLE OF WATER EITHER.
WHAT A MESS. WENT DOWNSTAIRS. THINGS ARE CALMER NOW. EVERYONE WENT UP TO EAT. HANDED OUT A GALLON TO EACH TENANT WITH THE MEN. NOW I NEED MY LUNCH. HAVE NO IDEA YET WHEN WE CAN GET WATER SOMETIME BETWEEN TOMORROW MORNING AND SUNDAY NIGHT. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE OFFICE TO CLOSE SO EVERYONE ELSE WILL CALM DOWN.
COULD BE WORSE....WE COULD BE IN OSWEGO NEW YOURK STATE WHERE AN ESTIMATED 10 FEET OF SNOW WILL HAVE FALLEN BEFORE THE LAKE EFFECT CRAP IS OVER WITH!! NOW THAT COULD POSE A PROBLEM TO ME GETTING OUTSIDE!!!!
Old 02-09-2007, 09:38 PM   #53  

Mel--There is an old saying that goes if it's p let it be if it's brown flush it down. We've had some water mains to break also. I know what you are dealing with.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:28 PM   #54  

Surprise, y'all and howdy from Texas. Glad that the cyclone didn't get shad, and that no one is lost in the Lake Effect Snow mountains.

My hand is stiff from addressing DS's wedding invitations. (200 down and about 35 to go). And I am complaining (again) about med side effects. but I'm sure you don't need to hear that. Let's just say that it makes portion control MUCH more important. D*m*!! And it also makes walking hard (and the stiffness and soreness after MUCH worse. Still go to curves when I think I can stand it. I shouldn't act so old when I'm not. All these little battles to win. Be cheerful. Exercise. Drink water. Skip carbs at night. bla bla bla.

DH's mother died January 4. I think her death, and now FIL's fractured hip and hospital stay, and Pres. Ford and even Anna Nicole have me thinking morbid life/death thoughts. Too philosophical and introspective for my own good. Ok. I'll quit. going to surf the net for painting inspirations... especially by the British author of the book I just bought: Moira Huntly's Stetchbook Secrets.

When in doubt draw. or paint.
Hugs to each.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 08:32 AM   #55  
Happy September

CEEJAY I KNEW YOU COULD APPRECIATE THE DILEMMA.....ROFLMAO THANKS

MISS PAINTERWOMAN!!!! SO GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE!! WELCOME HOME I AM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE SADNESS IN THE FAMILY AND SEND MY CONDOLENCES. I HAVE HAD MUCH OF THE SAME THOUGHTS THIS YEAR. TRYING VERY HARD NOT TO DWELL ON THEM WE ARE SURVIVORS SO THIS TOO SHALL PASS. LET'S GET ON WITH THE HEALTHY PART OF THE YEAR. MISS HAPPY AND I ARE TRYING VERY HARD TO TURN OVER A NEW LEAF ALONG WITH THE REST OF OUR SISTERHOOD. HAPPY PAINTING!!!

THE WATER IS BACK ON AS OF LAST NIGHT. THE SENIORS WERE A RIOT. I HAD THEM BRING DOWN THEIR SHOPPING CARDS WITH BUCKETS AND WE FILLED THEM UP FROM THE KITCHEN IN THE LUNCHROOM. THERE WAS A GOOD SIZE TRICKLE THERE. ALTHOUGH UNDRINKABLE THE WATER WAS GOOD FOR FLUSHING SO WE NAMED OURSELVES THE BUCKET BRIGADE AND OFF THEY WENT SLOSHING THEIR WATER ALL OVER THE RUGHS I HAD THE MAINT MEN LAY DOWN AS A TRAIL. WE HAD A LOT OF REALLY GOOD BELLY LAUGHS AND I GOT A LOT OF HUGS AND KISSES. FUNNY BUT IT WAS A GREAT DAY AND I FELT VERY BLESSED LAST NIGHT WHEN IT WAS OVER ABOUT 10PM. THE SENIORS WERE GREAT BUT IT'S HARD NOT TO KEEP THE STAFF FROM OVEREXCITING THEM.
TOO EFFING MANY DRAMA QUEENS AND KINGS. ONE EVEN MENTIONED TO A SENIOR THE FACT THAT OUR SPRINLKER SYSTEM WASN'T FUNCTIONING! GOT HER ALL WORRIED ABOUT POSSIBLE FIRE IN A HIGHRISE.
I TOLD THE SENIOR IT'S JUST LIKE ANY OTHER DAY ONLY YOU CAN'T FLUSH THE POOP! THAT STARTED HER LAUGHING AND I SENT HER & HER BUCKET TO JOIN THE BRIGADE WHILE I VERBALLY SMACKED THE INSTIGATOR.
NO ONE DARED SAY ANOTHER WORD TILL THEY LEFT AT 4PM. THANK GOD MY FRIEND AND I HAVE LEVEL HEADS.
AT LEAST THERE WERE 2 OF US.
SO I HAVE A 3 DAY WEEKEND AND HOPEFULLY IT WILL RUN SMOOTHLY. JUST ON THE WATCH FOR PIPE LEAKS AS AN AFTER EFFECT OF THE PRESSURE GOING UP AND SURGING BACK ON AGAIN. FINGERS ARE CROSSED.
I CAN HARDLY WAIT FOR WEIGH-IN TOMORROW. LAST WEEK I WAS 187 AGAIN AFTER INDULGING MY DESIRES!!
SO I MAM SURE THAT A WEEK OF OP FOOD IS GOING TO CHANGE THAT.
SENDING TO ALL THE WORLDLY CHICKS FOR A GREAT WEEKEND!!
THINKING OF SHADDIE!
Old 02-10-2007, 11:16 AM   #56  
Choose your hard

Good morning chicks,

Mel - glad to hear the water is flowing again. What a mess! So happy that it didn't take too long to get fixed. Hope the pipes hold up had to laugh about getting the seniors over excited - just like 2 year olds, huh? Yep, I can see them getting all in a tizzy just from observing my mom. My sister said the good thing is that they are easily distracted so sometimes you can use that - not to say that a few minutes later they remember and get back on the soapbox again. You life is just too much fun at times. I hope these folks appreciate what they have in you.

Painter - good to see you again. You have to realize that each day is a perfect day to start over again. Don't get overwhelmed by trying to be perfect. Just work on fixing one bad habit a week. And take each day one day at a time. Just for TODAY I will...

Ceejay - Claritin never did a thing for me. Bought some and gave it to my sister. She said she has to switch brands every once in a while - eventually one thing stops working for her. I am an Actifed gal going from way back in the 80's. I was mad when they took it off the market down her - apparently it was good for making crystal meth - darn druggies wreck everything - and I would have to get a few boxes up north to bring down with me. But they have just reformulated it and now it's on the shelves again. Works as good for me as the old stuff. So what do you mean you eat like a teenager? Burgers, shakes, what do teens eat now anyway?

Suzi, I agree with you on the being / acting / thinking positively. It's so easy to fall into a rut with negative thinking.

We are off to the home and garden show in a little bit. I'm sure it won't be as nice as the bigger shows in Chicago but I hope they will have some nice exhibits. Not that we need to spend more money but it's always nice to get some ideas. There's some new movies coming out - we might go to the show too.

Maybe the fairies will come and clean my house and do the laundry while I'm away -- do you think?

Shad - hope the cyclone has blown away and that you are safe and dry now. Is Fawlty towers still standing?

Hellos to Madcat, Meadow, Linus, Holly, Nae and Carla. Enjoy your weekend. Do something crazy and come back and report to us -- adventures in scrubbing toilets and mopping floors aside
Old 02-10-2007, 12:58 PM   #57  

Happy-- I'm like your sister. Think my body gets immuned to the meds. I'd been taking prescribed Allegra D. but that is just like taking candy now. Actifed used to work for me when it first came on the market. I have allergies so I have to keep alternating them. I've made up my mind to go get allergy tested.

Mel-- Hope the ordeal is over for awhile. Way to go on making it a happy one. Kept there minds busy.

PainterWoman--It's good to see you again. My sis asked about you.

I'm busy cleaning house. For some reason I've been on the lazy side this week end. Later today, I' m going to plan some simple menu's and do some cooking. I need a lot of low residue fiber.

Hello to the rest.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:51 AM   #58  
Happy September

Happy have a great time with dh at the garden show!!!

Ceejay~ happy cleaning and ncooking weekend. Good idea!

I got up late, need breakfast and a shower!!
Wish we would hear something from Shad.
Checked up on their weather and it says "fine" whatever that means!!! Guess they lost power along the way. No channel on cable is talking about it any longer. sigh

ok..........I am off to eat. OMG I ALMOST FORGOT TO TELL YOU THE GOOD NEWS FOR THE WEEK. TODAY WAS WEIG-H-IN DAY AND I AM DOWN 4.5 LBS. BEEN ON THE NS FOOD ABOUT 10 DAYS I THINK. GETTING RID OF THE WATER WEIGHT AGAIN. ALWAYS MAKES FOR A GOOD LOSS. I AM 182.5 NOW. NOT SETTING ANY GOALS. JUST GOING WITH THE FLOW. THIS WAY THERE IS NO DISAPPOINTMENT. MY ONLY GOALS IS TO GET THE SCALE MOVING AND KEEP IT MOVING
HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY!
Old 02-11-2007, 09:53 AM   #59  

Mel--Good for you--I'd take that 4.5 pounds any time. I'd take 1/2 pound.

I'm back at work today. So far it's quiet. L said that she had been sick since Friday. I've been spraying Lysol and cleaning in the control room area.

I forgot to wear the pedometer today but I'm trying to stay busy and not concentrated on food.

Called my sister that lives in MO yesterday. My nephew won a guitar for his solo at the blues festival in Memphis last week end. She said that my neice is going to apply for a different school next school term. They asked her to. She is excited about that. She is a very smart young lady and excels in everything. I told them I would come for a visit around Easter.

As fly lady puts it, I've blessed my house this week end. I didn't have enough laundry to do on Thursday but I will today when I get home.

More later

Shad-- I hope you are okay.

Hello to the rest.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:37 AM   #60  
Choose your hard

To Mel for a fabulous almost 5 pound weight loss and to Ceejay's nephew for winning in the contest.

That is wonderful news!!!!

Kind of quiet around here - where is everyone?

The home and garden show was not exactly a waste of time but it wasn't anything special either. Just a hodge podge of booths of anyone who had a business and wanted to participate. Kinda po-dunk.

We went down to the mall and returned DH's reading glasses. The place was extremely busy - we stood around for about 20 minutes just waiting to get waiting on and then their computers crashed in the middle of our refund. I was going to ask them to check and see if my glasses came in but it was so crowded I figured they hadn't called me yet so they probably weren't in. So we left. 7pm we get a phone call that my glasses are in. Just as well I suppose that they had not unpacked their shipments until it quieted down in the evening so they probably would not have found them if I had them check earlier. Lenscrafters doesn't open until noon so it's going to be another wasted weekend day going all the way back to the mall today. I swear 75 percent of Memphis was at the mall yesterday. The parking lots were packed - you had to drive around and around to get a parking spot. Just like Christmas. The lady at the store said this time of year people are getting their tax refunds and shopping.

I have book club next week and I haven't touched the book. Good thing it's only about 250 pages. I can't get into a lot of what the ladies pick. Wondering if I should continue this...

Well I'd like to get the kitchen floor washed and maybe a load of 2 of laundry done before we leave so I'd better get moving here.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend and get's a chance to pop in here and touch base...