Old 02-05-2007, 05:26 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 201/172/128

Height: 5 feet 0 inches

Welcome Mamaof2,

I'm doing WW also just started 3 weeks ago. I love it but I do go to the meetings. How about you?

I have a great chicken fajitas soup that is only 3 points for 2 whole cups!! It taste wonderful!! Plus it freezes well! Let me know if you want it.

Also I get alot of Kellogg brand stuff because I'm a muncher!! I have a sweet tooth. So I get Kellog protein water, Yogos, mini wheats strawberry delight and now there nutri grain strawberry yogurt!!
I really do focus on eating healthy meals but if I need to snack instead of blowing it with junk food I eat low point items. Yogos is only 2 points for a bag and they are sweet and yummy!!

Tonight I made a Veg soup with meatballs. 6 points per 2 cup serving. Limit 6 meatballs. Very good. This is stuff the whole family can eat and enjoy.

I found my pedometer at Walmart for 3.48. They had a more expensive brand for 10.00 with a radio but I figured I'd try this out first.

I'll chat later
Kiwi
Kiwi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:58 PM   #17  
Want out of my FAT pants

S/C/G: 216/159/150

Height: 5'5

Hi Mommaof2:

Welcome
I am doing HMR Healthy Solutions you can learn more about them at:
http://www.hmrprogram.com.

I do not work for them I am just a HAPPY DIETER.
Alot of hospitals have this weight loss program. The website has a link to check to see if a hospital around you carrys the program or you do it online and they ship your stuff right to your door.
I have tried many many without success this has been the magic bullet for me right now, I have currently lost 40 lbs. since mid October. I love it, no points to count, no starving feeling.
It is restrictive, but how I was eating before I started this was no help to my figure or my health, so for the time being for me it is time to restrict myself.

There are a million diets out there, all with success stories, the key is to find the one that "works" for you, that fits your lifestyle.
Good Luck and glad you are here
psst...watch out for that Kiwi ....she is dr. jeckle/mr. hyde she is soo soo nice at times then bam the in her comes out...don't tell her I told you that she might me jk...she is a sweet old lady who gives out fabulous advice.... jk (Kiwi and I just joke like this, if you stay with us, we will keep you laughing at best)
Glad to have you, I offer lots of words of wisdom, maybe they might inspire you or maybe you wish I would just shut up

for you today my words of wisdom something to think about:
"if you continue to do what you always done, you will continue to get what you have always gotten". Are you ready for a change? Good Luck we will be here to support you

Danni

Last edited by Danni Marie; 02-05-2007 at 06:05 PM.
Danni Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:12 AM   #18  

Smile

Good Morning,

Danni these ladies aren't listening to you. They know you are the evil one! She likes to talk trash! But I have the cure.
She's just jealous because no matter how hard she works she will never look as good as the KIWI!!
Seriously, I can talk like this because I know she really loves me........ and she doesn't know where I live.

Okay I made the soup with meat balls. Scratch it from your recipe. Yuck! It needed some flour or tomato paste. Something. Of course I'm not a veg soup person but I thought the meat balls would give it something. Everyone was just digging out the meat balls and eating them. Uggh!

Today I will start using my counter. I may even add a walking ticker. I found my self taking faster steps yesterday. The longer route to the fridge!

Chat later
Old 02-07-2007, 08:59 AM   #19  

Hi everyone,

I did my steps yesterday I did 5172 and that was just in my house ....What's up with that? Am I doing that right? I mean if you are suppose to have 10,000 steps a month it seems to me that is done in 2 days. So the question would be why an't I losing more weight quicker?

How is everyone doing? It seems I'm was the only one on yesterday.

Hope you are doing well.

Kiwi
Old 02-07-2007, 10:24 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 226.6/190/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey Kiwi and Everyone New and Old . I like the new thread. Glad you left the link cause I have not been on in a week or so .

My husband has been out of work a quite abit with back problems .

Kiwi- I did it oh yea, oh yea. I joined WW last Friday. I am doing the Flex Plan- You know that is how I lost the 25 pounds last year. I am so excited about the new start.

I have to confess that this week has been tough because of my husband being at home I can't seem to get going as much as I would like.

BTW in walking it is 10,000 step a day not per month.

I am going to buy a pedometer but I haven't gotton one yet. I saw one at WW meeting that counts steps and points for activity. I was thinking about buying that one. Did you see it?

I have to go to the grocery store now cause my husband is back to work and I haven't done much of anything but take care of him the past week.

SEE YA LATER,
Janette
scalewatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 12:20 PM   #21  

OMGosh!!! Scalewatcher I can't believe it! I'm sooooo glad you were able to join! Are you going to go to the meetings? What day do you go?

10,0000 a day?! Well, that makes more sense.....I went back and looked at what Suz said and sure enough she said a day! I most be in denial!!! I was wondering why it seemed so easy. So do I combine the points or change up each day? I mean for a ticker. No I didn't see a meter that did that. that would be cool to have. How much was it? I only paid $3.48 for this one at Walmart. Its cheap but does the job.

I'm so glad you are back. I've missed hearing from you. Janette!!
Old 02-08-2007, 06:12 AM   #22  
suz
suz

S/C/G: 178/150.6/135

Height: 5'3"

Cool

Good morning Ladies

Welcome Mama of two Morning Kiwi, Danni and all the newbies We will help all we can but we may need your help or support to

I came off midnights yesterday and my DH and I went to Toronto for the day and we walked for about 4 hrs wish I had my pedometer Only got about 1 hr sleep before we got there I was tired from the walking and very little sleep it was also not a good eating day I will get back on track today and do some exercise also
I think I already posted goals for the month I willdo it again
Lose 5 lbs
Exercise 3x/week for at least 40 mins
Start tracking my steps for each day

lets keep moving and losing Ladies suz
suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 07:31 AM   #23  
Want out of my FAT pants

Hello Everyone:

Scale glad you found the link to find us sorry to hear about DH...is he driving you nuts yet being home? Mine acts like he has never been home before or that I have to be his constant entertainment when he was home sick last year, I took time off to help take care of him he would ask me every morning, so what are "we" gonna do today....like I had TIME.. I would say "WE" are not going to "anything" "I" am going to do the laundry, clean the bathrooms..etc. he was so bored, not sure how we are gonna handle retriement once we get to that... whew got off track and winded sorry..

Suz...I "LOVE" Toronto....what a great way to get away for the day, with all the walking you did it should balance out the "not so good" eating

Kiwi, ya know WW makes already cooked meals and maybe the soup was the cause of the cook not the recipe? so maybe spare your poor family... and STOP Cooking I mean come on sister...do you really think meatballs and tomatoes would have saved it? just walk away and over to the frozen food section and let someone who knows what they are doing in the kitchen handle the cooking

Have you tried the bean soup from WW? If I remember correctly, you take a big jar of pinto beans, do not drain, a lg can of diced tomatoes a packet of taco seasoning mix and a packet of ranch dressing, and about can of water the can you used for the diced tomatoes. A can of corn with chilies with the water do not drain, mix and heat and I think 1 cup was 1point and it was pretty good, I dont think you can screw this up JK..feel the love feel the love ...if I get time today I will pull out my old WW stuff and check the points on this cuz I am soooo nice

I have been doing good in regards to exercise and eating the past couple days, work has been nuts I have walked 10,412 steps each day give or take a few steps I don't have the numbers here but they were real close.

Remember ...to FIDGET, FIDGETERS burn MORE calories than those who don't so be annoying (Kiwi not hard for you ) and FIDGET and drink your water to flush out those FAT cells, did you know if you DO not drink your water those FAT cell WILL fill up with water and you WILL NOT see a loss on the scale? so drink up..

Danni

Last edited by Danni Marie; 02-08-2007 at 07:58 AM.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:49 AM   #24  

Good Morning to all

Kiwi- I go to the meetings on Friday. I don't know yet if I'll continue to go on Fridays after this week. They have meetings a couple times everyday of the week in the mornings at this location; except on Thursday & Friday only have one time in the mornings. I found out that WW is also has evening meetings closer to my home at two different locations, one on Tuesday and one on Thursday at local churches. I am thinking about checking them out. I don't know if they will have the WW items available at those locations like are available at the my original location.

I have a pedometer that I pick-up from Walmart yesterday and I am going to use that for a while; with e-tools I can enter my steps and find out how many activity points I have used for the day.

I have to go to weigh-in tomorrow and I hope that I have lost some weight.

My goals are:
  • stay with-in my points
  • lose 5 lbs in February
  • walk 10,000 steps a day
  • Exercise 30 daily
I have to get going so I can exercise.

WHAT"S UP? Danni, Suz, Missindy

Hey has any body heard from MyIvy lately?

Hope you all have a great day.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:07 AM   #25  

Good Morning everyone!

Danni you are sooo full of laughs. I must admit cooking is not my specialty. I really feel for my family at times with what I put them through. I'm sure you understand. Its like that feeling your patients get when you
walk into the room.
Seriously, I am impressed with your walking.
I guess I will improve over time. Yesterday I actually bumped it up by 2000 more steps than the day before. I knocked off 50,000 steps from my total since I started stepping on the 6th. But now that I think about it. I should knock off 20,000 more steps off my total since we are missing 2 days this month.

Janette, what is e-tools? Is that the one on WW? I go to my meetings on Sat. mornings. I don't think I would want to weigh in at night. Only because I've eaten all day and I'm my heaviest at night. I eat differently everyday so I'd be afraid to eat on my weigh in days. I prefer mornings.
I drink my coffee, go to the bathroom (ha ha) and then weigh in.

Suz, we all need that little break. Mentally and physically. I believe when we have been very consistent with our eating habits as you have been. That when you eat off plan it kind of fools your body and sometimes the weight starts coming off again! Maybe you will see a scale change again!!

Momma of 2 where are you? trekkiegirl, surely you have more to say? Come on girls where are you? We want to hear from you.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:19 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 395/319/185

Height: 6' 1"

Hey ladies!

Unfortunately, my story is the same as it has been the last few weeks. I just cannot get started on anything. I have a good couple of days, but then something happens in RL and I just kinda give up. I'm so stinkin pathetic, I know. One of the hard things is that my schedule is so unstructured and super busy now that I eat at weird times (when I eat) and I forget to eat a lot, and then I'm just hungry and so I eat crap.

But, I am trying, and maybe today will be the day I can do it. I'm also going home for that scholarship interview this weekend, so maybe the break from everything will give me a kind of boost.
missindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 10:45 AM   #27  

Danni- I know how you feel. I must have been posting when you sent this post. ,My DH is doing better and is back to work. He has had this back problem since 1989. He has bad days and not so bad days, on the bad days he can't walk and he is in serious pain.

Kiwi- yes e-tools is WW. Thanks for reminding me that I would be weighing in at night what a disaster that would be. I always weigh about 2 or 3 lbs more at night than the morning.

I pedometer has already recorded 4071 steps since I started using it this morning.

I have to go drink some more water.

Last edited by scalewatcher; 02-08-2007 at 11:00 AM.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:22 PM   #28  
Token Vulcan

I'm here. Not feeling particularly since I'm in the "ms" part of pms right now. I'm not gonna even look at a scale for a week! Not binging or anything, just feel bloated and tired and waiting for it to be over.
Did get my pedometer, though. Gimme a couple of days and I'll get it crunching numbers.

Last edited by trekkiegirl; 02-08-2007 at 01:51 PM.
trekkiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 08:02 AM   #29  
Want out of my FAT pants

Happy Friday!

This week dragged by for me.....

Well yesterday my steps were 11,104 ! does anyone else think that is alot? I told my boss, I think I need a more sedentry type job..

Hope everyone is on track with eating, exercise and drinking their water

I am a southern girl stuck up here in this *&%$ cold weather...my goodness how do you northerners takes this? I mean you all walk around like it is no big deal The temp has not passed the single digets all week infact it has been well below zero who knew that was even possible Missindy did you ever get your car fixed? I thought about you in this awful cold.
I am sure that Kiwi is basking in the the sunshine in sunny FL complaining about how warm it is? come on up here and you will burn mucho calories just trying to stay warm!
and by the way Kiwi....my patients....LOVE ME they tell me I am Dannilicious not to be cofused with Fergie cuz she is Fergolicious...

Gotta run....get some more steps in and frighten a few more patients.. ..have a good one ladies and remember

"Nothing taste as good as THIN FEELS"..if ya feel like cheating go out and try on clothes....that will give you incentive to keep eating healthy!

Danni
Old 02-09-2007, 08:48 AM   #30  

Smile

Good Morning all,

Dannilicious?Hummm? No that doesn't work for me!

I saw on the news this morning where lake Ontario was freezing. It was weird seeing ice rushing in on the waves. Freezing over there.

I did great yesterday. I got back to eating breakfast lunch and dinner and it differently helped me with my cravings. Missindy if you could some how manage to eat BLD even though your schedule is crazy I think it would help you from benging so much.

We have friends coming in this weekend. Its going to be a very busy weekend. I'm planning ahead for my meals. Sat. we are going to Rodeo's Steak/Seafood house to celebrate Valentines Day. I'm saving my extra points for that night!! Blackend grilled Shrimp, baked potato w/sour cream and butter, salad. I may bring my own butter (tee hee hee)

I accidentally reset my ticker so I have to add what I had to what my new ticker says so I'll figure it out later. I believe is was around 8 thousand steps, so I think I'm slowing getting there.

Have a great weekend.