Old 02-02-2007, 09:00 AM   #16  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

G'morning Ellen, Debbie, Jennelle, Sunshine, Angi, Brooke, Susie, Annie, Sirak, and Cheryl!!!

And welcome to our newbies, Karrier and Shari! It's so great to have you join in with us on our way to Onederland. We can't wait to get there either! The more support we all have, the better!!

I was on plan yesterday, yay! I hope you all had a good day too. Even bad days are better if you at least have a plan. Without a goal and tools to get there, bad days can turn into bad weeks and bad months, like I had. Don't let that happen to you. Keep your eye on the ball, even when you can't actively participate in your plan that day. Just know that the next day is back to normal. This is our new NORMAL, everybody. Don't you agree? Reverting to bad habits soon feel odd, not comfortable after you get used to eating right and moving more. That's a good thing.

Have a great day!!!

Hugs, Selina
Soon2BFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:17 AM   #17  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi there, Selina!

Good words of advice! You are right about each day being a new day! If we goof up, we can fix things the next day. One slip is NOT a huge deal as long as we ask ourselves what happened and LEARN from the experience!

Hi All!

I learned something about myself over the last few hours! My husband has been under the weather, and I spent most of last night AWAKE adding more covers to get him warmer, taking his temperature, getting him Ginger Ale and being awakened when he FINALLY fell asleep by his tossing and turning. FINALLY I just decided to get up! I have had very little sleep and seem to be CRAVING CARBS! I'm not sure what that is about or why, but it must be some way that I am trying to comfort myself after a pretty much sleepless night! Anyone experience this when YOU are lacking sleep?

Sleepless Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:23 AM   #18  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Good morning all! Woke up to snow, YAY! I still have alot to do out and about, but plenty to keep me busy in the house too.

Cheryl, I find when I'm craving carbs after a night like that, its for energy. maybe try some whole wheat pasta with alot of fresh veggies in it. Make up a quick stir-fry like thing. Wal-Mart has a brand in the pasta section, called "Heartlands" and its 100% whole wheat, nothing else is in it. I find a cup of that, loads of green and red peppers really helps me get the energy sometimes.
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:51 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 246

Hi all

I want to visit Karrier! Lets all plan a trip to New Zealand!

If anyone wants to visit me in Utah feel free to come by! I don't ski but I love to sled. We also have great summers. It is a beautiful place all year.

You can call me 5 or wbm5. I am pumped today! I was able to do plank yesterday for the first time!! It was so exciting for me. Down dog is getting better too! I keep saying my down dog bite me. I also Can walk my hand back to my feet a lot better. Stability is coming along.

thoughts on slipping... I feel like every once in a while we slip or be "bad" either with our water, eating or exercise, but when we get right back on track then we are ok. It is when we do more slipping and less being firm that we end up with problems such as my big gut. and flabby arms. I looked at those in the mirror this morning... not a pretty site. I pulled the fat back and could see a somewhat normal looking arm in there. so I can be "good" and get rid of that flab. and I can be a little "bad" and still get rid of the flab. It just might take a little longer. But if I stay "bad" those flabby arms are here to stay!

I hate the flab!!!!!!! to all who hate the flab!
worldsbestmom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:49 PM   #20  
Dieting Diva

Welcome everyone ! This place is really hopping !
I was worried my parents might end up moving to NZ- they took several trips.It's an awesome place. I think spring on the sheep stations would be my pick.

It's not just slipping, it's falling off the wagon.
I am scared to death of slipping. I have tried to look at the simple things that might influence me. I don't watch the food network except for Good Eats. I keep the "fit" TV channel on in the morning instead of the morning shows.I am limiting myself to time on the computer to checking this site and another.Those size 18 pants are now hanging at me in the closet staring back at me each morning.
I am going to check out Fitday- I think I did that once before. This next week was the week I was going to try food journaling
I got my three miles in and did a 30 minute workout.It's naptime now and I have to clean my house.

Sprinkle some WPD in my direction !
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:23 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 246

Default Falling off the wagon

Well, sometimes we do fall off the wagon, but you have to run to catch up and hop back on. In other words it takes work to get back to where you want to be. Which is what I am doing. sometimes I have to run hard and other times I have to catch my breath. Sometimes I have to walk. But what is really bad is when instead of trying to hop back on we just sit on our big butts and watch the wagon get farther and farther away. That's when it it is the hardest because we have to get up off those big butts and that can really be a lot of work! esp. mine! LOL! We just got to keep it up!

And here is a bunch of WPD for you !!!!!!!!!

One for each day of this week!

Remember I'm pulling for you!
worldsbestmom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:51 PM   #22  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

I am on plan today. No time now to post more tho! I have a baby shower we are going to tomorrow for her first baby; she is so excited. Was out and about with her today. So just busy.

Hope you all had a great day!!!!
Old 02-02-2007, 09:47 PM   #23  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Welcome fellow newbie Karrier!

Evein everyone! Today is the third straight day of staying within my calories. 18 days to go! I gave into a little temptation today. I had a slice of bacon at work. But for once, it was just ONE slice! Not four, five, etc. And one 4 fl oz cup of OJ. Not 5+. So I am happy with myself. How's everyone doing?
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 06:31 AM   #24  
karrier

S/C/G: 265/239/130

Height: 5'3"

You can all visit me if I can then visit you in all your places. I am org. from Chicago and married a Kiwi (New Zealander) They all seem to have homing
devices planted at birth because ther are alot of us transplanted people here with spouses. But Sirak I would stay away from the sheep stations. Just plain.... well... sheep aren't the smartest animals on earth.

Anyway another good day (WOE wise) and even after some real difficult situations with people this week. I direct a Sweet Adelines Chorus. It is a real balancing act keeping 50 women happy all the time. Well I managed to have one person cry at me and one threaten to quit if she does not get her way. Both are usually stong women so I am very confused but......
I stayed on plan Whoo hoo!! Maybe it is the new me!
karrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 11:39 PM   #25  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

Karrier! It's great that even under such stress you stayed on plan! Yay! Success comes one day at a time.

I am glad to say I stayed on plan today. Goody! I have to be really good tomorrow then I weigh Monday morning. Uggh! I hate the scale. It has 'weigh' too much power over me! LOL

Have a great nite!
Selina
Old 02-04-2007, 12:00 AM   #26  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Can I join you ladies? 199 sounds so far away, but I'm sticking with it and I will get there! My goal is 2 pounds per week, which has been okay so far. Little by little, right?
jennylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:40 AM   #27  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Jennylou!

Welcome! I'm new in this part of the forum, too!

You've already lost those twenty-four pounds and all those inches! You'll make it, don't worry 'bout that! I started where you once were at the beginning of your journey and wondered the same thing, but a good friend told me to set small goals, meet them and then set new goals. I've done that and so has just about everyone here on 3FC! The eventual goal sounds SOOOO daunting, but the reality of it all is that none of us suddenly put on 100 pounds! It was a gradual piling on of pounds. Those pounds will not melt off overnight, but they CAN and WILL melt away gradually and STAY off if we are dilligent. We are ALL working on being dilligent!

For me it was portions that were WAAAAAY too big. I always ate pretty healthy foods-just WAAAAAAy too much of all of them. I also have always been a big cheese lover. I have found that probably added many many pounds to my frame.

Keep learning about YOU, what foods you need to watch out for and which foods can be your new best friends. I have made friends with more fiber lately and am watching out for peanut butter.

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:58 AM   #28  
Dieting Diva

Good morning Everyone !
I did my three miles yesterday and a cardio workout in the afternoon. I am thinking I am going to take a break today and lounge a bit this morning. I am hoping it will be warmed up a bit so I can work a bit in the yard. We might get into the 50's today. I am going to try to keep with the diet thought !
I would not be going out to the sheep station for the sheep-lol. I am not a city type person and probably just be more happier out on some farm watching the dogs work sheep.
I hope everyone has a great day !

Last edited by sirak; 02-05-2007 at 08:29 AM.
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 04:08 PM   #29  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

Welcome Jennylou! Glad you joined us here!! This is a great place for support! We all need it!

How are you all today? It's Super Bowl! I will be eating healthy, as I did this a.m. Even if it is a fun day, I'm not going to ruin my day by messing up. I weigh in the morning!

So far I've been on plan all month. Yay!!

Hugs, Selina
Old 02-04-2007, 09:13 PM   #30  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

cheryl - thank you! It's great to see someone who was right around where I was now about ready to enter into onederland!

sirak - 50's? Sounds great, it was -1 here this morning with a wind chill factor of -20. Good job on the exercise.

Selina - WTG with being on plan all month! You're another one that is an inspiration for me, starting around the same weight that I did. How long did it take you to get to your current weight? Have you dropped a lot of sizes?

As for me, not much going on today. Sundays are usually pretty low key. I'm thinking that I might need to add a bit more fat to my diet - I'm nursing and I'm fearful that my supply is dropping. Either that, or my supply is just finally regulated so much that I don't get 5 oz when I sporadically pump. I'm going to try pumping more frequently first and see if that bumps up my supply. I'm very happy with my weight loss thus far, but I will admit that right now, my nursing relationship is more important to me than losing weight. I'm going to do a weight check on DD tomorrow, so that will either ease my mind or make me worry more!
jennylou is offline   Reply With Quote