Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 01:56 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

Just poppin in before I have to go get ready. Hubby is at work and will be home after 3:30 and then we have to go to a birthday party for his dad. I am not too worried though because usually my mother-in-law makes a lemon cake. Not because my fil likes it, but she likes it and says that she will make what she wants. She is like that, doesn't care what other people want or feel, it's all about her. So... if I am lucky it will be lemon and it won't even be an issue of whether to eat it or not. I do plan on having some ice cream though- yummy. Going there is a stressful time for my hubby and I anyhow, so I don't feel much like eating when I go there, will be glad when it is done and over.
Last night I didn't do so hot, but I had done extremely well all week and so I had most of my extra points left so it didn't hurt so bad. :-) My son wanted pizza and breadsticks. Since I didn't have much cash, I got him to settle for a frozen pizza (I am sure was better for me than Pizza Hut, what I really wanted- haha) and we got Fazoli breadsticks. All in all, with the extra points, I felt like I still did well. I did a lot of housework yesterday so I feel like I got some movement too.

Gotta light a fire under the kids to get thier showers and me too- haha so I am going to go.

HELLO EVERYONE- enjoy your weekend

Jodi
Old 01-27-2007, 03:42 PM   #17  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi ya Jodi...sounds like you did well with your points. Good luck at the bd party today, and hoping it's lemon cake! I did get the WATP video out the other day. I bought that one from a girl on this site. There was a walking thread we were on together. Then the DVD I got when I bought the WATP book...didn't even realize there was a dvd in the back of it until I got it home.

SASSY...hoping all is well with you.

JANE...I swear every time I have gotten veggies at Applebees they have always been mushy. Finished up the candy for the troops last night and just need to mail it Monday. You know I'm not sure why but just not into the candy right now. I keep a small bowl on the counter and V takes some when he goes to work but it's there for people looking at the house. Not saying I don't get in my moods and never eat any, because I do. For some reason though, knowing the stuff I have in Josh's room is for him/them I never touch it. Now Carrie is a different story, lol. She goes in there once in a while and looks for something to munch on, lol.

MARTI...you know...I have never been a fan of the dark chocolate, it always tastes bitter to me. It is always left in the candy dish during the holidays. Your scale sounds like a neat little gadget to have. Hope you are enjoying you weekend with Jhanai.

HI to everyone else

Feeling lots better today for some reason. Yesterday DD and I went to see Notes on A Scandal...it was pretty good.Not a big fan of Judi Dench but I like Cate Blanchett. Thursday when I bought groceries I bought Little Miss Sunshine. DD and I had seen it but no one else. Jason watched it last night and thought it was hilarious! So me and Vince are going to watch it later tonight. DD's birthday was nice...she said she is going to stay 22 from now on, lol. Of course we got our insurance statement in the mail and V was a little surprised because they added a 50+ discount, lol! He will be 50 in April and not liking it. I've got a couple of months to come up with something for him, lol. Anyway...

Had a showing today and of course I overslept. Was going to get up early and clean really good for the showing and tomorrow's open house-didn't happen. I did get things cleaned in time for the showing at 12:30 but I need to mop the floors later and clean the rugs and showers better.

That's about all I have. Won't be on the 'puter tomorrow so I will see you ladies Monday. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:19 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 166

Height: 5'4"

HI Guys!!

I just ate Pizza...I am going to blame on the fact that I am sick..running a fever ..cold stuff, but that comfort food was wonderful. If I am really good for the rest of the night I will have done just fine for the day. I am not thrilled about Atlanta because I feel so bad, but I have been in bed almost all day. Hope the rest restores me for my trip. Thanks for all the well wishes.
I may post my weight tomorrow, but that will be about it..I don't think I have lost any..I just hope I haven't gone up.

MY GOAL for Atlanta to remain FLAT..no gain and I would be thrilled!!

Jane...thinking about SB..eliminating the carbs. I have a hard time long term due to a medical condition without any carbs so I may go to phase ll . The other hesitation I have is that when I alter my eating habits SIMPLY for weight loss it typically doesn't stay off for long. My goal was to have a different journey this time by developing eating and moving habits that I can live with forever..I also ordered Mariel Hemmingways new book today. It should be here by the time I return ..so I'll have to see.

Christina-thanks for the send off.. I hope to be able to ping you guys while I am there..we'll see.

Hello to ALL- Sue, Marti, Kathy, Tammy, Jodi, Michelle, Sassy

Touch base soon...I'll try and stay strong thinking about you guys!
Old 01-27-2007, 07:56 PM   #19  

Cristinawouldn't you know it was chocolate cake. So I told my hubby I was going to have a small pc and I swear that woman chose the biggest pc (it was a double pc) to put on my plate. So I went and cut it apart and placed the bigger part on my husband's plate and very happily ate my small pc. I had only eaten 6 pts for the day so I wasn't too concerned.
Then hubby asked if I would like to go to Subway for supper. So we went there. I wouldn't have done too badly except for i don't like Coke products so my son made me a root beer. I DRANK too many points!!!

I just know that tomorrow I have to stick very close to plan, which is ok esp since Monday my extra points start over. I just am going to keep pluggin away.

Rosario WHERE ARE YOU????? Just wondering how you are doing.

Vann Hope you get to feeling better. Be safe!

Sending healthy eating wishes to everyone !!! Hi

Jodi
Old 01-27-2007, 09:05 PM   #20  

Height: 5'1"

Evening Ladies

I wanted to pop in really quick as I need to get back to the family time.....but wanted to read up and keep caught up with you all.

Hope you're all having a good weekend. I'm keeping track of my calories and still walking. Trying to be good!

I will catch up more when I have more time.

Hugs
Old 01-28-2007, 06:00 AM   #21  

Just wanted to say HI to Jane. Haven't talked to you in a very long time! We have another grandson on the way from the other child and we are excited. I now belong to WW and am really liking it! Take care and hope that Indiana chill isn't too much for you!

Faye
Old 01-28-2007, 11:36 AM   #22  

Just a Quick note...2 POUNDS...better than I thought and I am thrilled..Again-Flat for Atlanta..no gain..that will be my mantra :-)

You guys have a great Sunday and I hope to check in tomorrow to Tuesday!!

Hugs to you all and thanks for being here!
Old 01-28-2007, 08:11 PM   #23  
GmaTo8

Hello ladies,

Cristina - glad you're feeling better. Aww, tell Vince that one good thing about turning 50 is that he can join AARP. They'll be sending him some info - somehow they know who's 50, lol. Once he gets over the shock of that, he can take advantage of the discounts he'll get as a member. The dues are very, very cheap.

Jodi - yay for you with your portion control with the cake. Chocolate cake does sound mighty yummy, but I also like lemom cake. Your mil sounds like a challenge, lol.

Vann - YAY for the 2 pounds down! Phase 2 of SB allows good-for-you complex carbs, doesn't it? Hopefully that will keep your medical condition in check. Be careful in Atlanta, and check in when you can. And "break a leg" with your presentation to the new account people.

Marti - have fun with the family. What did you end up doing for fun? Sometimes just hanging out is the best fun of all.

Faye - so good to see you! We're getting a new little DGS, too! He is due May 12th, but should be delivered by c-section a week early. I can barely wait! My, how your 1st DGS has grown, judging by your avatar. What a handsome fella! Yes, it's cold here in Indiana! Brrrrr... but I really can't complain since we've had it fairly nice until now. Please think about joining our little group, ok? If you can't do that, then at least stop by often.

Hello to everyone else reading this. I hope you're all having a great weekend.

I'm down another 1 3/4 pounds. That makes 8 for the month of January. I'm doing a happy dance. <---- Looks just like me, teehee!

Katie just walked in, so I need to go and visit with her. See you tomorrow!
Old 01-28-2007, 08:56 PM   #24  

Jane [/COLOR]to say that MIL is a challenge, might be understating it a bit- LOL WTG with the 1 3/4 pound loss. I love your little happy dance. :-)

Vann congratulations on the 2 pound loss.

I have my week 3 Wi tomorrow morning. I am hoping for some success. I feel like I did well and that I will have it. I am trying hard to get my water in-sometimes it is easy to forget, but I feel like I am doing better. That is a non scale victory for me. We must remember to look for those things. One thing I did have happen yesterday was that I got my jeans out of the dryer and put them on without having to do any weird contortionist things to get them zipped. I haven't lost much, but evidentally my stomach is shrinking. lol

Jodi
Old 01-28-2007, 11:57 PM   #25  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hello Jane,
8 lbs for the month of Jan.! You are doing fantastic,,,keep up the good work. I can just imagine how excited you are about the DGS's arrival,,we all know you love the DGDs to bits,,,but a little boy I know will be just as much of a joy for you all.
Hello to everyone else I know, and to all the people who have joined since I was last in,,,hello and hope you are enjoying the Jaded Ladies' hospitality.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:17 PM   #26  

Ok, I am a little confused about how WW figures your loss.

I had an EXCELLENT WI this morning. I lost 3.2 lbs. I was so happy after last weeks 1 pound gain.

Now the thing I am confused about is that my total weight loss on my card is 4 lbs. So I am sitting here figuring that must be the total including my first time around. So I have lost 6.4 lbs this time in WW, but when she wanted to know if you had lost 5 lbs, I didn't say anything because my card only says 4 lbs. So, should I have not looked at the 4 lbs and just told her I lost 6.4 lbs. I feel like I earned my 5 lb star, but I wasn't sure.

I am very happy about my weight loss though. Hope the scale is good to everyone else!

Jodi
Old 01-29-2007, 12:52 PM   #27  

Height: 5'1"

Morning Ladies,

Angie--Hi!!! Missed you. Hope to be seeing more of you.

Hello to everyone else. Sorry I'm not doing individuals this morning, I need to get moving before work and I'm still not all the way dressed!

WI today and I lost 1.2lbs That was good to see. I have officially lost 10lbs now since I've gotten serious and my first 10lbs lost I wanted to go and buy some new workout pants.....so this weekend I'll be doing that.

I had a great weekend w/Jhanai. She was totally into hanging out w/mom this weekend so it was worth taking advantage of!

Ok.....I'm starting to ramble and I need to get moving.

I'll try to catch up tonight or tomorrow morning!

Hugs to you all!
Old 01-29-2007, 03:29 PM   #28  

Thanks for all the congratulations guys! I did great yesterday and and doing OK today..If I don't misbehave tonight I will be happy..just want to reach out quickly..I am in training today..hugs to you all!!
Old 01-29-2007, 04:15 PM   #29  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Well, I am happy to report a 4 pound loss! Finally! I was so afraid to get on the scales this morning for some reason, lol. Been doing the happy dance all day! I am hoping this week will be better. Last week was a bit of a challenge for me. Man...but it will be better once I get the hang of this. I have to go find some WW cook books. I have a few but they are packed and in storage so, will be better to go buy new ones.

JODI...regardless of whay your WI was today, you have a total loss over 5 pounds so yeah, you should have gotten a star. I would say something next week for sure. WTG on your weight loss this week! And...WTG on the cake. I wish I had done better with DD's cake on Friday. Guess it didn't matter after all though.

VANN...WTG on your loss as well! Be safe in Atlanta and hope you get to feeling better.

JANE...WTG on your loss too! Seems a lot of us had a good losing week! And for your 8 pound loss for the month! Yeah, V was hit a little hard seeing that on the insurance, lol. Of course I shouldn't be laughing because I am not far behind, lol! Too bad Jackson is going to be taken by CS the week before the 12th...the 12th is a good day to be born!

MARTI... for you rloss this week and for your 10 pounds gone! Glad you had a nice family weekend.

Hi Angie and Faye...hope you ladies will join us. And I agree Faye...your DGS is adorable and getting big!

Hi to everyone else, Kathy, Jules, Mary Kate, Sassy, Michelle, and anyone I missed

Busy day today, again. Had some errands to run before heading to It Figures. I did get in a good work out. It always feels good, but I was dragging a bit. Got home and started some laundry and packed some boxes for Josh and then get a call for a showing. Was undecided about it because the house was a mess and I was busy with things. Decided to do it anyway, but then in the middle of getting things done, they called and cancelled, bummer. Open house we had three couples show up and some dragged mud in the house. Thanks a lot! The realtor cleaned it though, but I still saw some when we got home. She said the people who did it felt bad but wouldn't you think if you walk outside you would check your shoes before walking back in? I mean, it snowed and it's almos all gone but the ground is saturated and your shoes are going to get wet, just not sure where they got the mud. Oh well...Anyway...WI for WW is tonight and I look forward to the meeting. i am going by my weight/scales since that is what I weighed in on last week. I actually weighed three times just to make sure or rather see the difference in the scales at WW. So...here's to a new week!

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
Old 01-29-2007, 09:29 PM   #30  

CristinaYeah my hubby told me that next week I will get my sticker so not to get down about not having it this week since I was confused about what my booklet said. Congrats on your whole 4 pounds!!! That is GREAT!!!

Marti- whoo hoo on your weight loss this week. Great to hear that you are at your 10 lbs down mark!!!

I fixed the oven backed chicken tonight. I had skinless boneless tenders and they were much more moist than the breast. They were very good- my family loves that meal.
I did Sweatin to the Oldies 3 this morning. Well 25 min of it. I just couldn't do keep up and I am going back to WATP, more my speed- haha But, at least I did do the exercise today so I am starting my week out well.

-Jodi
Closed Thread