Old 01-18-2007, 01:57 PM   #1  
Ex-fast food junkie

S/C/G: 168/167/140

Height: 5'6

Default Tough Choice!!

Part of the reason I'm starting this whole weight loss thing is because I want to look better for my vacation in a few weeks. I've been looking forward to all of the free food a cruise has to offer. For those of you who have been on them, you understand!! Now I'm having the dilema of weight gain. I've told myself this whole time that I will enjoy myself and not worry about it while I'm on vacation. Plus, last time I was on a cruise I actually LOST weight because I walked so much. I want to keep up with this when I come back but I'm afraid that after a week of eating bad, I won't have the same motivation I do now. What do you guys suggest? I thought maybe I would eat healthy throughout the day and eat what I want at dinner?
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

I've never been on a cruise, but I've heard about them *sigh*. Someday I will go on one!

I would enjoy myself on vacation. Like you said, you got in a lot of walking on the last one. Just set aside part of your day just for walking, swimming, jogging - I'm sure they have some sort of exercise room. But, going on a cruise isn't something that someone gets to do every day, so I'd enjoy it. Just make sure you get in some sort of "calorie burning" exercise everyday.

This is my opinion.
LondonJulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:15 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Most cruises have a great at-sea fitness center.

I am going on a cruise in April for my honeymoon, and I FULLY plan to enjoy the food aboard. I also, however, fully plan to take advantage of the wonderful exercise opportunities aboard. After all, how many times will you have the chance to work on an elliptical overlooking the ocean? Or jog on an open-air jogging track with the sea air around you? It is a RARE opportunity that I plan to take advantage of, just as I plan to take advantage of the food options I normally don't keep around or cook in my own home.

Are you taking any shore excursions? Are there active ones available? You'll burn a heck of a lot of calories, for example, taking a kayaking or snorkeling or walking excursion. Most cruise companies offer active, fun, and imaginative excursions that'll burn PLENTY of calories. And as you mentioned, all of the walking around the ship will help too.

Now, thats no reason to go WILD on the food (three desserts every night isn't a good idea), but you can absolutely try to make it a very active vacation and still take advantage of all of the wonderful food aboard.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:30 PM   #4  
Ex-fast food junkie

S/C/G: 168/167/140

Height: 5'6

I guess I never thought of using the fitness center. Last time I went I was a size 6 and wasn't too worried about it

We are making a stop in Cozumel and I know that's a lot of walking. But you're right....part of the fun of a cruise/vacation is not worrying about everything. I'll try to be good
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote