Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 07:52 AM   #61  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Good BRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrr Morning! lol.

Hey all,

Thanks for your well wishes.

Yeah my grandpa definately has a sweet tooth, he will eat basically anything with sugar in it! lol. But his favorite is Black Licorice.......So I try to get him some from time to time.

My mom inherited his sweet tooth too, her favorite is dark chocolate......

I like sweets, but not as much as my grandpa and mom do, thankfully!!!!! I have to really be in the mood for them!

We basically just watched movies yesterday, we watched Saw III, not too bad, if you like those kind of movies, it is very gory though, just like the other two. We also watched The Covenant, kinda hokey in parts, but not too bad. I describe it as an adult version of Harry Potter and the Matrix........

It has been very very cold here and we are supposed to get snow tonight......Nothing like what Upstate NY and those up there by the lakes are though!

Well I guess that is all for me, I'm off to bed now.........

Have a Great Day........Stay Warm if its cold where you are!
Old 02-06-2007, 01:38 PM   #62  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

SASSY...I love black licorice! It's sooooo good. Don't have it often though. Hey, they say that dark chocolate is good for you. Not sure how or what for but I remember seeing that somewhere. You know, I have heard of the Covenant but can't picture what it is. Did see Saw III and 1 & 2...we love those kind of movies! The more blood and gore the better, lol. Stay warm.

MICHELLE...how are you doing? Thanks for the pm...I don't know what is wrong with some people. Guess if you don't agree with them they don't like it. Geez, what a boring place this would be if we all agreed about everything and were all the same. Love what you did with your siggy and your new avatar. Where do you find the bears? And your DD is BEAUTIFUL!

SUSAN...I swear I went to pm you my address several times and then ended up going somewhere else on this site and completely forgot. Was going to do it this morning and remembered you were coming home today. Have a safe flight!

Hi to everyone else, SusanNYC, JULES, KATY, & KATHY

I better get going. Have things to do today and get some exercise done. I've been on this thing way too long.

Have a good day ladies!
Old 02-06-2007, 01:58 PM   #63  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Thank you Katy & Cristina for the compliment on my DD!!

Cristina...I love bears and collect them. I get all of my pictures off of this site: www.fulcrumgallery.com and there is about 35 pages to go through. When you find one you like, make sure and click on the picture so it comes up a larger picture for you to save, otherwise it shrinks down. I know exactly what you mean with people agreeing/disagreeing. I do have a new picture of Oreo that my DD sent through her phone, but it's a little dark, but SO cute!!

Susan...I pray that you and Gaby have a safe flight home today. I've been thinking about you today.

Sassy...I'm so glad your grandpa is feeling much better. I think a little praying goes a long ways!!
Old 02-06-2007, 07:52 PM   #64  
~Believe~

Question R we all snowed in????????? lol.

Howdy Girls.

Well we got snow, not a lot, but a lot for "our area" I guess. City Managers were asking Companies to let their employees go home early today. DH checked his email and saw our company was offering hotel rooms, like they always do.

I'm glad we are at home and don't even have to go out in this stuff! We've been watching movies and just doing daily household chores, etc.

Well I hope you all are well and staying warm!

Old 02-07-2007, 12:53 PM   #65  

Afternoon!
Ugh, did not get to jog the last 2 days for various reasons but I am determined to do it tonight! I've been very stressed out the last week or so and neeeeeeed to burn it off.
I sat in on a 7th grade English class today. I'm going to be tutoring some of the girls. I'm actually really excited. They seemed like a great group.

Have a great day all!
Old 02-07-2007, 03:42 PM   #66  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

MICHELLE...oh my goodness! Oreo has gotten so much bigger! Or looks it in the picture. I love her big ole eyes, so cute. Thank you for the site! I am going to have to check it out for sure. I used to collect bears now just have a couple of stuffed ones that the kids bought me. Got into the precious moments and angels. The kids started that as well. Well, actually, I had bought a couple and they kept them coming for birthday's christmas and such. Now I have way too many of those, lol. Hope you are having a good day!

SASSY...glad you guys didn't have to get out in the snow. I don't mind it for the most part if I don't have to get out in it. It's just messy if you do. You guys stay warm. It was a nice, cool 56 here yesterday and today it is 34 and the wind is blowing so it is really cold!

SUSANNYC...hopefully you get to get your jog in this evening. I've not got my exercise in for the day yet...was too busy this morning and when I came home I just wanted to sit and relax.

HI KATY & SUSAN & JULES & KATHY!

Nothing much going on today. Did some of my grocery shopping this morning since I HAD to get something for Josh's birthday. I hate that he will be basically missing it being over there. Going to try and make it good for him. I know he will like what we got him. Now the cute little birthday beanie bear...he will roll his eyes at, lol. I wanted to get something that said Happy Birthday on it so...he will have to deal with it, lol. Going to make some cookies for him later and ice them. That's as close to a cake as I can get. Anywho...hope you ladies are having a great day! Take care
Old 02-08-2007, 08:10 AM   #67  

Morning,
I in fact after the trek downtown did NOT get to jog because when I pulled my shirt out of my back pack is was soaked in coffee! ARRRR. Its been a stressful few days, I think i'm going to take part of the afternoon off.

Cristina - good luck with the b-day prep, I'm sure you'll find something good

Have a good day ladies!
Old 02-08-2007, 11:16 PM   #68  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone

I can't believe how time just flies by.

Anyway just stopping in to give everyone a big hug.

Kathy
Old 02-09-2007, 02:11 PM   #69  
RosieKate

Just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone. Hope you are all doing well...I am spending the afternoon making lots of soup...will let you know how it goes!

Have to dash off and get DD - so toodles for now!

Old 02-09-2007, 02:47 PM   #70  

Afternoon

I met the middle school girls I'm going to be tutoring today. Crossing my fingers that it goes well.
Took the afternoon off yesterday because I was tweeking out after a too stressful few days. There is just drama drama drama with the second graders. BUT I finally got to go jogging and it was amazing. It was COLD but perfectly clear as the sun was setting and there were ice floes on the Hudson. Gorgious.

Mmmm, hot soup sounds fabulous right now. I ate soup just about every day last winter. I would make a huge pot and eat from it all week.

Love to all
Old 02-09-2007, 04:56 PM   #71  

CRISTINA...I think Oreo just looks A LOT bigger in this photo, but she is up to 6 pounds now, and definitely growing. She's just so cute and the other day after she had xrays taken, the vet brought her back into the room to my DD with a Valentine's Day bandana around her neck, she looked SO cute!! Oh yes, we bought a new computer, monitor and printer last night, and my DH is going to get it set up tonight and I can't wait! The monitor is two inches larger, and the computer itself has to work better than what we've been dealing with for quite awhile with this one.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:17 PM   #72  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

SUSAN...did ya get lost on your way back home? Or did I get the wrong day? Either way, hope you and the girls are well.

MICHELLE...maybe it is the picture because 6 pounds is tiny. I bet she is sooo cute in person. Hooray for a new computer! We need to get ours updated...empty some files and add some more space. Ours isn't so bad, not bad enough to warrant a new one. I think we just need to get dsl or broadband. Which, we will do when we move. Tired of the slow somputer. Hope you like it.

HI KATY and KATHY...good to see you ladies checking in. Hoping all is well with you and yours.

SASSY...thought of you yesterday. I was running around trying to figure out how to send some (birthday) cookies to Josh and remembered the pringles can suggestion. I went and bought two cans hoping that would be enough and sure enough it was. Didn't think I would get too many cookies in there once I wrapped them but I was wrong. I bought some of that glad plastic sticky/sealing wrap stuff (can't remember what it is called) wrapped each cookie and made sure the biggest part of it was on the bottom so that it would cushion each cookie. Crossing my fingers they make it there fine and not crushed. I did manage to get 10 cookies in one and 11 in the other. So thank you for sharing that back at Christmas time. Hope all is well with you.

SusanNYC...now, I can't remember where exactly you are but did you guys get any of that snow I saw on the news? Man, that was a lot! And here I was complaining about the little bit we got, lol. Glad you managed to go jogging...like my walking, it always clears my mind, good for the soul for sure.

Well, just wanted to stop by and say HI. Had a showing early this morning, way too early. And having another later this afternoon. So trying to keep the house clean all day and get my laundry done. Take care ladies and have a wonderful weekend!
Old 02-10-2007, 06:10 PM   #73  

CRISTINA...Just getting broadband highspeed internet will help out so much! That's what we have, and we used to have dial up, and OMG what a difference!! I love our new computer, it's so fast. We bought it at Best Buy and took it into their Geek Squad to have them take everything out except for just the basic stuff, so we don't have all these extra trial things in it. My DD just got Oreo a new pink thermal hoodie today and it looks so cute on her! Hope you have a nice weekend.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:56 PM   #74  
~Believe~

Red face Hello from Sassy

Hey all.

Been real cold here. Haven't gotten much more snow, just cold........We haven't been going anywhere except for work and back...........

Only 5 more working nights until our 10-day vacation! We aren't going anywhere, just staying at home and enjoying it and maybe going and doing things in town and what not and we are not telling anybody (except for our co-workers obviously and you all lol) but we just want to enjoy our vacation without having people asking us to come and help them do this or that. We don't mind helping people out, but this will be our vacation.......

Cristina -- YW glad that I helped. I got that tip from a cashier from Michaels Craft Store who has a son or grandson over there. Figured that was a neat idea. I hope your cookies get over there in tact!

Hi to everybody out there! I hope you all are well and keeping warm!

Old 02-11-2007, 08:21 PM   #75  

SASSY...Enjoy your 10 day vacation!! I don't blame you for not wanting to let people know, just enjoy your time alone.

I'm very sad, because Oreo broke her right front leg last night, and she will either be going into surgery tomorrow or Tuesday. She jumped off the livingroom table that was about two feet from the ground and immediately started crying and limping. She also is on medication again because she's got that bad cough back, so please say a prayer for her.
Closed Thread