Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 03:01 AM   #46  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi all, Just a quick hello and I hope you all are doing well!

Old 02-02-2007, 12:19 PM   #47  

Quick hello from me too
Hit the fitness center again last night for some treadmilling. Ran into Laura Bush of all people...I had been wondering why there were so many police cars and men in black suits...

For anyone that's ever worked in an elemetry school you know that there is a kid celebrating a birthday constantly...that's a LOT of cake and juice and candy. Well yay for me I successfully avoided little Avery's cupcakes today.

Have a good day!
Old 02-02-2007, 02:35 PM   #48  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi SASSY...good to see you checkin' in. Hope you are feeling better.

WOW, SUSANNYC! Laura Bush, eh? Did you actually get to meet her or just catch a glimpse? And yes, having three kids I remember all the birthday parties. Not to mention Valentine's Day. When the kids were in kindergarten they also had a snack day. Each childs parent had to bring goodies for the whole class. But WTG for passing on the sweets!

Not much going on...had a showing this morning and boy was I not ready. I've got to get in the habit of just having the house clean at all times in case. But I get lazy. It's not dirty per se, just some things needing to be picked up. I just feel like if I had 24 hours notice I could plan for it and not be rushed. For some reason this realty place thinks that isn't a good thing because they think the people may think you have something to hide. Ummm, okay. But this is what happens when I get such a short notice...my brain goes into overload, lol. I had actually just stepped out of the shower and was going to go exercise, lol. I know...why shower if you are going to go exercise? I just do Anyway...hope all is well with you ladies.Take care and have a good day!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 02-02-2007 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:26 PM   #49  
RosieKate

Hi All!

Quick hi from me today--I am in deep deep love with Turbotax at the moment and I just can't bear to be away from for even a minute...until he coughs up some cash then it's tata for another year

Cristina - been meaning to get back to you about the lentil burger. You start a blend of 50% dried lentils and 50% bulgur. Cook them up in either stock or water, 1 part mixture to 3 parts water. With that cooked mixture you can mush it up and fix it similar to meatloaf. I put in some breadcrumbs, egg, maybe some onion or garlic. Then you can make up patties and bake them about 5-7 minutes a side at 400deg, or you can fry them up in a pan. I think they are yummy!

Hi to everyone else! Have a great weekend!

Old 02-02-2007, 08:46 PM   #50  
kitty Momo

Good Afternoon!

Surprised to see I lost 2 pounds this week! Yay. I have been falling in love with grilled tuna , eat it with salad. So good and fills me up. We have also been doing a lot of walking so that is another facture. Not sitting on my butt at the desk all week. Anyway, I was happy about that!

The school that Gaby goes to doesn't celebrate the holidays or birthdays. I guess because there is so many different beliefs , they don't want to offend. I still think they should and teach respect for all beliefs......Congrats though on avoiding the cupcakes SusanNYC! Think you are doing really good.

You know Cristina when my parents bought their farm house back in 1970 I remember going in and the owner had left the house leaving his lunch on the table. A whole fish.....and all that was left was the bones. I still remember it today....ick,, scared me. lol.......I am sure you are fine without even having to pick up

Katy - can't beleive you are doing your taxes already.......I don't even wanna talk to you....lol jk

aloha to everyone!!!
Old 02-02-2007, 11:03 PM   #51  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Ladies,

Remember me; coming in with my tail between my legs. Sorry I've been MIA for awhile. I've been having such a hard time lately, and I don't like to come bringing it here with me. I'm finally starting to feel better so watch out lol. Little Oreo has gained three pounds and she is so full of energy, OMG!!! She's just so darn cute and I love to just watch her when she's running around and see what she will get into next.

SUSAN...I'm so jealous of you in Hawaii. How is Gaby getting along after just having her tonsils out, and how is your hunny handling you being there?

CRISTINA...I've noticed your ticker moving down and I'm so happy for you!!!

HELLO Sassy, Katy, Kathy, Jules, Suzin and anyone else I may have missed!!!
Old 02-03-2007, 02:13 PM   #52  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

MICHELLE...thank you! I am hoping to have another loss this week. So glad to hear you are feeling better, and Oreo as well. Wow, three pounds! I'm glad she recovered and is doing well. Bet she is a cutie pie!

KATY...thank you so much for the recipe! I definitely will be giving it a try, it does sound yummy. Doesn't sound like it would be many points and that is what I like low point foods! We too got an early start on our taxes which is a first. Waiting to get the stuff back from our tax guy. Hoping for a big return

SUSAN...eeewww! Bet that was a stinky house, lol. So how long are you going to be in Hawaii? Can't remember if you said. I too am jealous...I'd rather be anywhere that it's warm than here in this cold, brrrrrrr. WTG on the 2 lbs!

Hi to everyone else

Nuttin' much going on here today. I think I will have V start the fireplace, it's so cold. I am definitely staying in today. We did go to the Home Show they were having in Wichita. Always good to get ideas and such, especially with/for the new house if we ever sell this one. I may actually pick up a book today, lol. I laugh because I can't remember the last time I read a book. Anywho...take care ladies and have a GREAT weekend!
Old 02-03-2007, 03:38 PM   #53  
kitty Momo

awww, Michelle HUGS to you.

Gaby is doing well recovering from her tonsils. She had a few rough days right after they (1/18) were taken out but once we shoved the medicine down her she was able to eat and get her energy back. She doesn't snore now and her voice is girly, not nasal anymore. Hunny is missin me, awww. We text and talk once a day. He said he would pick me up at the airport when we fly in.

Going to take her swimming today.Cool at 78 and overcast but we will try to manage....hehe,,,,,

Heading home on Tuesday Cristi!! Can't wait, I miss my babies and my sweetie. I haven't read a book in years!!!! lol

Had sausage for breakfast and steamed rice. Focusing on salads and sno cones....lol......there is a place that shaves the ice and it is sooooooo good. I like lemon lime and banana mixed together.........YUMMY!

K- better get out in the sun and suffer,,,,,,,,lol....sorry, I will be freezing my butt off come Tuesday night.

HUGS to all!!!
Old 02-03-2007, 09:17 PM   #54  

CRISTINA...I hope you found a good book to read. I've never been a reader, just a magazine that's quick to look through and short stories.

SUSAN...I know what you mean with Gaby's voice changing since her surgery, I bet she sounds so cute now. So glad your hunny is missing you and will be picking you up at the airport.

Nothing much going on here today. My DH had a union meeting down in Salem all day, so when he got home, we went out to each at our favorite chinese restaurant. Hope everyone has a great night!!!
Old 02-04-2007, 06:37 AM   #55  
~Believe~

Arrow Sassy Checking in!

Hi Everybody,

(Sorry this is a mass posting, you will see below why)

I know I have been MIA lately. I think Cristina probably passed on to you about my back. It is much better now, but still sore and I have to still be careful. I think its just weather-related. My arm is completely healed up now and no bruising.

I did get some bad news though, that my Grandpa is in the hospital. My mom said that his Blood Pressure went up to 190/90 and that he has fluid on his lungs and he wasn't quite with it when they admitted him yesterday morning, but my mom said that he was awake today, so we're hoping he pulls through it. The strange part is that his room-mate in the hospital is my step-dad's father. He hasn't been doing well ever since his son (my step dad) passed away. My mom says he <--(my step dad's father) doesn't know anybody and its like he has just given up.

So not sure what is up with my Grandpa, but my mom says she'll keep me updated. Any positive vibes or prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Well I hope you all are well and take care!!!!!

Thanks Everybody!!!!!!!

Old 02-04-2007, 11:11 AM   #56  

SASSY...I am so sorry first off to hear about your back problem and all the pain you have had to go through. I went through that back at the beginning of August, and it took about six weeks before I even could move around really good and feel like myself again. Also, I'm so sorry about your grandpa. It's very hard when our relatives start getting older and having medical problems. Every time my phone rings, I'm worried that I will get a call saying that something has happened to one of my grandmas, since I have lost both of my grandpas. I'm definitely adding your grandpa and yourself to my daily prayers. Try and hold your chin up a little and keep smiling. Prayers do help a lot and I know things will improve.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:09 PM   #57  
~Believe~

Thanks Michelle,

My mom called me today and said she went to see him and he is doing a lot better, the nurses have him sitting up and drinking juices and trying to get him to cough up what is in his lungs. Also he is eating candy so that is a definate sign he is feeling better! (he has a MAJOR sweet tooth!)

On the other hand my mom's fil is not doing so well, she talked with the drs and they said that he basically had two strokes and had pnemonia in one lung and now its in the other. My mom tried talking to him, but she said she couldn't understand a word he was saying.

Thanks for all the positive vibes & prayers, they are working!

Old 02-05-2007, 09:10 AM   #58  
RosieKate

Sassy - sending prayers your family's way...I also have grandmas and feel so blessed to have reached my ripe old age (!) and still have them around.

Cristina - I don't think it would be too hard to figure the points on those burgers..they can be made very low in fat and they are high in fiber, so the points should be pretty good. I have been dutifully counting my calories but sadly have been hitting a plateau for the last few weeks...You are doing a great job!

Michelle - Sounds like you had a nice weekend...what a nice picture of your DD!

Susan - enjoy your fun in the sun while you can! We had a nice balmy day yesterday, but it is Oregon after all. Better brace yourself.

SusanNYC - How's the weather in NY? Are you getting much free time to enjoy the city? I'm envious...I would love to have a vacation in NY - I would see plays and go to museums...take a walk in Central Park...

Well, I have been bummed by my recent lack of progress. However, it has been TOM time, and I haven't exercised much in the last few days. I go to the chiro today to get snapped back into place, so I'm hoping that helps. I just keep writing everything down, keep counting those calories....the little engine that could, lol!

Have a great day everyone!

Old 02-05-2007, 11:39 AM   #59  

Morning!
Had a good weekend, restfull, I needed it. Got in some good jogging, but thanks to the Superbowl got in TOO MUCH bad eating. I'll be paying for that later I'm sure.

IT IS SO COLD! That wind'll kill ya.

Sassy - I'll be praying for your grandfather
Old 02-05-2007, 12:49 PM   #60  
One day at a time

Hi Ladies...

SUSAN...you quit that! LOL That is just mean, teasing us with that beautiful weather in Hawaii! You know, I knew I would do it and I did...I forgot to pm you my address. Really though, I am glad that you and Gaby are having a wonderful time and glad to hear Gaby is doing well since having her surgery.

KATY...yeah, I don't think it will be too hard figuring out the points. Boy, I fixed chili Friday and that was driving me crazy. But I got the points figured and when you think of 1/4 of a cup it really is a lot, or at least enough for me. Sorry you have hit a plateau...that is what I am afraid of. Last time I did WW I did good the first week, the second week wasn't so bad but after that...we didn't think those scales were ever going to move! But it least you haven't gained, that is a plus.

SASSY...glad to hear your grandpa is doing better. My grandpa had a sweet tooth too! He loved 3Musketeers, bananas and coke! And I swear that seemed like about the only thing he would ever eat. You ladies are lucky to have your grandparents around for sure, and blessed. All mine have passed, years ago. I wished my kids could have at least met them.

MICHELLE...chinese food eh? I haven't had any in ages and it sounds so good. Of course the last time we went out was the Friday before joining WW. We are going to go out to Olive Garden this evening though for our early Valentine's dinner. Was going to go next Monday but I changed my mind and thought tonight would be better. That's my favorite place to eat, OG. We never go out on Valentine's Day because there are just too many people so usually go a few days before depending on the day. Olive Garden is always busy here.

SusanNYC... seems a lot of people over ate yesterday. I'm not much of a Colts or Bears fan so didn't watch much of the game. I like the Bears okay but not so much the Colts. Seemed like an odd Superbowl for teams this year too me. Anyway, glad you got in some jogging!

Nothing much going on with me today. Went to go exercise at It Figures and ended up leaving because it was just too hot in there and I just wasn't into it. Normally she has in cool in there or at least turns the fans on when she sees me coming but she was too busy yaking with some guy to be concerned with anything else. She does this a lot. Seems to be the hangout for a lot of her friends and family. Anyway, decided to just come home and walk on the treadmill. I'm kind of in a grouchy mood anyway for some reason. Anyway...hope everyone has a great Monday!
Closed Thread