Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 11:06 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss and Chitchat #230

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:27 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Marti - I hope you'll be celebrating your birthday this weekend since you had to work today. Do your coworkers do anything special when someone has a birthday? Anyway, I hope you've had a good day.

Sue - yowza, glad your furnace is fixed. It's in the 30's here, but the wind chill is in the 20's. Brrrr....

Mary Kate - hi, and I hope your arm is doing a little better.

Sassy - same for you - I hope your arm is better too. How did you hurt it? THANK YOU so much for the card and the note! It really made my day!

Jodi - I sold Avon years ago, and loved all the products. I worked in a place with over 200 employees, and that's where I got most of my orders, lol. My van needs washed, too. I should've done it when we had the warmer weather.

Cristina - we STILL haven't had any snow, other than a few short-lived flurries. I can barely wait for some! Maybe Sunday, the weatherman says.

Vann - thank you for asking - my foot is better. I am having some pain this evening that I didn't have earlier today, and I hope it will be gone when I get up tomorrow morning. Potty training, huh? I put Cheerios in the toilet when I trained my son, and let him "squirt" them, lol. Soon I'll have a baby boy grandson, and can barely wait! I'm needing to hold a teeny one again, no matter what gender.

Jules - WOOHOO for the 4 pounds down! That had to brighten your day! About massages, I wish I wasn't so darn fat, because I'm too embarrasses to go get a body massage, and would love that!

A big hello to anyone else reading this.

Sheesh, the day went by so fast! I did some cleaning and shopping, & got some paperwork taken care of. I also just got off the treadmill a little while ago, and need to go take a shower. My foot is better than before, but not as good as it was this AM, but at least I could walk the treadmill again.

Tomorrow is a party for Macy who's turning 4, and then there's one for Mary on Monday. The desserts served at both places will be easy for me to pass up. I'm doing really good with the food and water. For some reason, I've been having trouble remembering my multivitamin. I guess I'll have to get one of those pill-minder thingies old people use. (don't even GO there! tee hee)

Have a good weekend,
Old 01-20-2007, 08:13 AM   #3  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool What happened to my Arm -- The short version.

Hi Ladies.

Basically I got a cat scratch from my cat who got overly excited when he heard a cat fight that was happening OUTSIDE. He is an INDOOR cat. He ran into our other cat (also strictly an indoor cat), who has no claws and his teeth are filed down, so I stupidly grabbed the cat who was attacking the clawless one and that is how I got scratched.

I am treating my arm and also my DH looks at it every single day, he is a paramedic and also used to work in the ER. I will go to the dr if it gets bad, but so far it is healing nicely.

Thanks for your concerns.

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 01-20-2007 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Shortened it since it was too long.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:46 AM   #4  
~Believe~

Cool Sassy Chick Strikes!!!!!!!!! lol.

I also wanted to add, separately, that I stood up for myself and DH and all overweight people out there who get ridiculed!

There is this guy at work, I think I've mentioned him before, he always makes rude comments about DH's weight, now I know men are different towards each other than women are, but nobody else makes the comments that this guy makes. So last night he was saying something again. I have told him several times that its not nice and to pls not do it but I think he always thought I was only "joking" but last night he found out I was not!!!!!!

Oh he is also the same guy who asked me why I was reading/looking at Glamour Magazine. "Like I should be reading Car and Driver I asked?" He had no answer for that one!!!!!! Doesn't he know he shouldn't mess with a "Jaded Lady"

Basically I just told him to not say that about DH's or anybody's weight anymore around me because I didn't appreciate it at all and to pls stop it.

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 01-20-2007 at 08:35 PM. Reason: shortened it
Old 01-20-2007, 09:55 AM   #5  
ugggg.....

Sassy--you crack me up
Seriously though--a cat bite/scratch can be a bad thing (except when Ted Nugent is singing about "Cat Scatch Fever" didn't you just love Ted in the 70's in his loin cloth...) There is bacteria in a cat and a dog's mouth that can cause severe infection--I have a long story about how a cat bite actually put me in the hospital and almost losing part of a finger because I didn't go to the doctor's soon enough and get antibiotics!!
As a very shy introverted sixth grader I brazenly spoke up to a very popular eigth grade jock who was picking on my older brother who was also in eigth grade about his weight--my brother still jokes about how I did it in the middle of the cafeteria and the cafeteria got very quiet....I embarrassed the guy so bad he didn't pick on him the rest of the year and then that summer betwen eight and ninth grade was when my brother grew a foot and after he towered everyone at 6'6 nobody picked on him anymore

Jane-Honey I am not a "little" person at over 200 pounds so don't let the weight stop you from getting a massage--I love the girl that DD and I go to--she did her training at Penn State and worked on football players. Glad your foot is better!!

Hi to everyone else!!
Old 01-20-2007, 02:15 PM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

SASSY...wow, sounds like you had a terrible experience with the cat. I would definitely go to the doctor just to be safe. Just be careful and take it easy with our arm.

JULES...WTG on your loss! WOOHOO! No, haven't read anything good lately, haven't even read anything period. I haven't been in much of a reading mood for a while now.

JANE...glad your foot is better and you were able to walk on the treadmill.

VANN...we are glad to have you here. How was the movie last night? What did you guys watch?

Hi to everyone else

I'm supposed to be cleaning but I am pooped right now. Was up early and did a mile walk on the treadmill before heading to It Figures. Man, that was dumb. The weather here is horrible...snowing like crazy. When I came home I shoveled the driveway, not sure why because the snow was falling and covering it as fast as I was shoveling. I went down it and then came up it and it was covered. But...there won't be as much to shovel once it's all said and done. I was out there for 1 1/2 hours. Hope I don't get sick...my hair was soaked when I came in. Anyway, doing some laundry right now. I'm not going to spend the whole day cleaning because no one is going to show up tomorrow...if they do they are as crazy as us for leaving. Anyway...I'll go shovel some more in a few hours to stay on top of it. Just in case someone does show tomorrow we don't want them slipping or falling. Then V will do it tomorrow as well before we head out the door. I swear I don't know how the poeple live and deal with living in the north...where they have to deal with snow all the time. I hate this and we don't get it all the time but when we do it is a pain in the ***!

Monday evening we are going to join WW, yippee! I've been wanting to for a while but so has V. So we are going to do it Monday.

Take care ladies and have a good day and weekend!
Old 01-20-2007, 03:54 PM   #7  

Height: 5'1"

Afternoon ladies--

Just a real quick one as hubby and I are taking off in a little bit.

Sassy---You NEED to go to the dr and get checked out if you haven't already. Stray cats can carry who knows what. I work in a lab and see so many things come through for testing.....Bartonella is one we see. (from cat scratches) So....get your butt to the doctor and have it looked at.

Where's our nurse girl??? What do you think?

Hello to everyone else!

I will catch up w/the rest of you later on. Hugs to you all and thank you once again for the Birthday wishes!!

Old 01-20-2007, 05:06 PM   #8  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Sassy - ditto what the others say about the cat scratches/bites. And yay for you sticking up for your DH. I used to stick up for my bff in high school when she got teased about her weight. She was shy, and I was not, (imagine that! ) so I used to take her part on a regular basis.

Julie - hmmm... if I knew a masseuse who worked on football players, I'd probably make an appointment, lol. That's my weight category! But most football players are probably more muscular than me, what with their "tight ends" and all, lol.

Cristina - I hope some people show up after you have gone to all that trouble! And I'm so glad you're joining WW! I think you'll like it.

Marti - didn't you get any Jaded birthday cards?? Have fun with your sweetie today.

Hello also to Sue, Mary Kate, Tammy, Jodi, Vann, Michelle, Judith and Kathy, and anyone else reading this.

Well ladies, I'm down another 1 1/4 pounds. That makes 6 1/4 so far. We just got back from Macy's party a little while ago. I behaved myself and had a tiny scoop of sherbet, a bottle of water, and no cake at all.

Well, Neal and I are heading back to town later to eat and rent some movies. We're supposed to get a bunch of snow, (YAY!) and may not make it out for a day or two.

Toodles,
Old 01-20-2007, 06:51 PM   #9  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Back again, lol.

When I was on earlier I completely forgot to go post my WI on the TBL thread, duh. Anyway, just wanted to say HI again.

JANE...WTG on the loss! You're doing GREAT!

The open house was cancelled again because of weather. Too much snow and what a mess. Jane...you can have all this mess. I did the driveway again and I don't ever want to see any snow again!

Better get going. My chili is cooking and I need to go check it. It is actually left over from last night. I cooked it and V came home and said I was wanting to go out. Ha, that's all he had to say, lol. So even though I consider it leftover and I hate leftovers, that is what is for dinner. Good night for it too.

Take care ladies and have a good weekend!
Old 01-20-2007, 08:28 PM   #10  
~Believe~

Cool

Hey all,

Thanks everybody for your concerns.

Well take care, better end this before it gets too long!

Have a Great Night!
Old 01-20-2007, 10:35 PM   #11  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Evening ladies!

Marti--Happy Belated Birthday. I hope you are celebrating big this weekend. Have fun!!

Vann-I see you live in NC. My dh grew up outside of Greenville and is an ol NC State guy. We visit there often.

Jane--Congrats on the 1 1/4 lbs lost. Sorry that you had a little more pain with your foot. I'm sure that once the cortisone really kicks in, you will get relief. As for the old lady pill reminder...don't bother...I have one in my purse and still can't remember to take my multi-vit. Maybe I'll try putting the entire bottle in my coffee mug as a reminder in the morning!!

Jules--Wow...4 lbs!!! I'm not getting on the scale for a few days due to my period. Gotta get rid of that water weight first. So you live in WVA. My sister lives there and works at the Canaan Valley Resort. She moved from Florida this past year and must be in weather shock from the snow.

Sassy--Listen to everyone!!! Take care of that arm and watch for any signs of infection, fever etc. Just play it safe and go get it checked by your doc.

Christine--What a pain with the cancellation of your open house. I'm sure that when the weather and snow clears, and the closer it gets to spring, that will be the prime time for real estate sales. Most people want to buy and close on a house prior to the upcoming school year. Hang in there!! Oh, and good luck with WW.

Hello to everyone else that I missed. I've had a few very busy days. I took my sis out for her birthday yesterday. Today my dh and I went "healthy/organic" food shopping. We hit Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. I don't see how people with large families can afford to shop at Whole Foods. The prices were outrageous!! Of course, I was shopping in Annapolis, MD, which is one of the most pricey places anyone in Maryland can shop. Our cost of living is very high being close to DC. We did more browsing than buying and walked out of the store with a bag of wild rice, blueberries and low fat choc cookies. Interesting combination, huh! Winter has finally hit us and it has been very cold and windy. I feel for you all with the snow. We usually get 2-3 storms with several inches of snow but I wouldn't miss it at all this year if it decides to skip us. Wishing you all a great weekend!
Old 01-20-2007, 11:49 PM   #12  

Height: 5'1"

Check out the new scale we bought today! I'm a calorie counter now and this thing is amazing! It has a memory for everything I eat and add to it...and it will calculate my total calories for the day or if I want, for the week. (I only like to know for the day.)

When you put in lets say a piece of fruit like an apple, it lets you know how much it weighs, then it gives you all the nutritional value for it. VERY cool. Anyway....wanted to share. Been wanting one for awhile, but felt it was just too much money......James thought I should have one. Now isn't that sweet?

Sorry I'm not catching up tonight. I will tomorrow though. Hugs to you all!
Old 01-21-2007, 08:51 AM   #13  
ugggg.....

Cristina--I am trying not to buy any new books and just check them out at the library. I miss the bigger library I used to go to in Maryland, they had so much more than the one here. My dh hates leftovers except for three--chili, spaghetti & homemade baked macaroni & chesses--he says they all taste even better reheated.

Jane--you crack me up!! Yay on your wl!! You are doing so great. BTW my "end" is not very tight at all, in fact it has a jello like consistency!!

Sassy--the cat that bit me was a very loving mostly indoor cat that we had for years. just be careful--your hubby too!! I still say go get some antibiotics. BTW I LOVE your long posts!!

Tammy- I was afraid to get on the scales with the effects of TOM and expected it to be bad and was so pleased when it wasn't!! I was so disappointed the week before when it was 1/2 a pound the first week. I am trying to look at it as a loss is a loss and if I have a gain or bad week then the next week starts fresh. Annapolis is beautiful!! I wish the Whole Foods & Trader Joes came further west, there is a Common Market Coop in Frederick near the FSK mall, but even that is almost an hour away. Why is it the food that is better for you is always so much more expensive? My kids have been to Canaan Valley Resort--they went skiing with the youth group for several years but that was awhile ago. Whitetop outside of Clearspring MD and the Wisp near Oakland are actually closer to us than Canaan but Canaan is more beautiful they say. My dd keeps wanting to go skiing again--she is trying to talk the new guy into it.

Marti--Is that the WW scale?? They showed one at the meeting and the leader's husband bought it for her and she says she loves it--it even figures WW points. Maybe I will treat myself when I get to oneunderland!!

DD & gf are coming out today--I am not sure with the icy weather they are calling for though. She is working four 10 hour shifts and loves it, but is going to try to get a five eight hour shift when one comes available. I told her the four 10 hour days are the best though you do get tired by the end of it. The company that my son is working for now is going to send him to a local technical school to take heating and air conditioning classes two nights a week. He's excited. DD and the new guy are doing fine--she hasn't found any fatal flaws, he isn't perfect she says, but there is nothing she can't live with. She says he is a little jealous but no more than she is. The ex was going to beat up a guy for staring at dd at the mall. The ex stalker guy seems to be out of the picture--the new guy talked to mutual friends of both DD and her ex and made it clear that he should leave her alone. I hope the ex finds a girl that likes controlling and possesive!!
Old 01-21-2007, 01:32 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 166

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ladies..So sorry I missed you yesterday!!

I was getting ready for my dinner party ...the food was only "fair" to me..the guest were kind and said it was good, but the meat was way to over done..oh well..Crab next time:-)

Jules- 4 lbs..that would be a dream!! Congratulations!! Definitley makes up for the .5 lb the week before..but I only lost a (1) lb this week and I keep reminding myself..slow and steady like a turtle...I think in the long run that would be the better kind of loss for me:-) AND I think a massage a week would be wonderful..help with the day to day stress!! Good to hear from you

Jane- I remember the cherrio trick, but this little guy is so modest..he doesn't want me in the bathroom. It is hilarious... I have never been around a modest 3 year old. Hope the pain subsides soon in your foot..I know that for me pain makes me want comfort food..AND 1.5 lbs is WONDERFUL!!

Sassy- I have 2 cats so I can relate that type cat fight intervention, but do keep an eye on it because I agree with some of the others that you can get some pretty nasty infections from cats. AND...Good for you for being the assertive women for all overweight. It never ceases to amaze me at all the cruel people in the world. I hear my DS talk about things that are said to him and it make me so angry!!!! It is hard to coach an 11 yr old on how to deal with that because the peer factor is so vital to their development. Any suggestions here would be appreciated...

Christina- Thanks for your kind words. We watched "How to eat fried Worms" My DS warned me that it was gross and he was right, but perfect for a boy his age :-)

Marti- Hope you had a big Birthday Celebration!!!

Tammy-- The friends I have over for dinner had just left the NC State game..they got beat pretty bad!. I am not a big sports fan, but I sometimes watch State because I live here...

Today is a lazy day and I am so tired again. I still haven't gotten vitamins, but plan to get them this week. It has been a crazy work week and I don't see if getting any better anytime soon as I leave for a major trip a week frokm today. I am concerned because I won't have the ability to log my food and to chat with you girls for like 5 days. I leave next Sunday and am in Atlanta until Thursday for a National Sales meeting. I will have wing it for days and to be honest the biggest concern is that is how I ended up packing on the weight to begin with. We go to these meetings and the food that they put in front of you is so hard to resist. I am planning on taking some of my snacks and treats to help me through, but any suggestions for managing this for 5 days would be appreciated!

Hello to anyone I missed..it wasn't intentional!
Old 01-21-2007, 03:45 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

JulesHow old is your daughter? Mine is 13 and she is really getting into wearing makeup. I have been keeping her supplied in lip gloss for years but now she is using foundation and all that.
CONGRATS on 4 lbs down- WHOO HOO

Jane Congrats on your weight loss!!! it snowed here last night. Haven't heard about your area, did you get snow or ice? Last I heard it was going to be a toss up in the Southern part.

Marti What a hi-tech scale!!!!

As for me, was planning on staying in pj's all day, but saw in the ads that Wii's were out in the paper, so me and son went on a Wii hunt. All were gone by the time we got there. grrr.... I am so tired of looking for that stupid thing. My daughter and I are having a Karaoke Revolution contest on the Ps2 this afternoon. Just having a lazy, fun day. Not looking forward to my WI tomorrow morning. I was, but it's now TOM and I figure it will really mess me up, but then again think of the WL I could have next week-lol.

HI TO EVERYONE ELSE!!!!!

Jodi
Closed Thread