Old 01-31-2007, 07:24 AM   #136  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning,

When I got up at 5:06 it was 18 degrees outside. And although there was a beautiful, bright, almost full moon hanging low in the sky - it was still dark and cold and not at all appealing to a non-early riser I jumped out of bed, put on a fresh pot of coffee and cranked the thermostat up.

We're supposed to get snow tonight - hopefully long after I get home. A bit more snow overnight before getting washed away by rain later tomorrow morning. Going to be a fun commute tomorrow.

Nothing much to say - I am running a bit behind. Decided to pop on the work PC while I was taking in the first coffee of the day and take care of some data validation issues from our weekly update Now I have to pop in the shower, pack my lunch and head out for a full day's worth of testing today. 18 queries to test. That should keep me busy and out of trouble.

Hello's to the chicks
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:53 AM   #137  

Default Good Morning Everyone!

Hey Linus, I will add my welcome back to the voices here also! This is just the best place to come and renew with the best group of gals. I have had a difficult time posting lately so don't feel badly.
Well, I a great mini vacation and we put on about 850 miles just circled the Frank Church Wilderness and saw some great country and the weather was good...for winter.
We fished for two days, I still have not hooked my first steelhead but I can cast with more confidence now.... and the sun was out. Toby made a great boat dog too, he is so amazing. Then we headed to McCall for the winter carnival which is a huge draw for Boiseites....too much traffic but I got to watch Jesse play hockey for maybe the last time with the college team. I was so proud I was sitting there and parents and kids were coming up and asking me if I was Jesse's mom and shaking my hand........ it was a special night for this goalie's mom...... years of hard work and practices and games and thousand of miles of travel.
My other son was there and all the college kids I know and myBF got to watch the game in a beautiful arena.
It got to -2 that night but the camper stayed pretty good the dogs were always comfortable. We traveled to the south of Mccall the next day and took a road that is usually blocked by too much snow but not this year. WE camped that night in a parking lot the has trails to two different hotsprings. We skiied into the hotsprings and soaked for hours then skiied out in the moonlight it was so awesome. The water is 120 degrees or more coming off the bank and they divert the river water to cool it so you can sit in it.... surrounded by huge pine forest....... all natural.
We skiied the next day and then I stopped and saw a mother and son that are patients on the way home. It was a good trip.......
My spirit has been renewed and my relationship with the BF is good but I must admit to being so thrilled to be able to come back to my own home and just be with my dogs and enjoy my space alone...... that little hermit in me is tough to convince that I need to have a man 24/7.
I have not had a chance to catch up with all of your postings but will try to get up to speed. I finished my book Marley and ME and did some knitting on my trip also.....
I do hope all of you are well and restoring your spirits when you feel the need.
Peace and Blessings,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 12:29 PM   #138  

Nae- what a lovey post. LOVED the goalie Mom story. I am on the first leg of that journey with my little MVP.I think it is wonderful that you are in your own space when you need to be. I would be much the same way in your shoes.HUGS!!

I have been home with 2 very sick children since Sunday.DS is getting obnoxious so is much better .*she grins* DD is in the think of it.Just up from another nap with DD. My poor baby girl. Having some canned bean salad on top of a lettuce salad with some grated cheese and ranch dressing. Yum.
Will have a java and make some necessary calls.

HUGS!!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:37 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

It's snowing. We already have a dusting of snow right now. It's so pretty. I think this has been my pick me up for the day.

Linus--feel better soon and hope the wee one is okay also. That must have been a frightful moment.

Nae--Sounds like you have had a fun filled week end. Enjoy your time alone.

Holly--Glad that your family is getting well. That's a good excuse for not going to work.

Happy--Testing queries all day doesn't sound like it's to much fun. Did the snow reach Memphis?
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:21 PM   #140  

I got a phone call from city hall at 4 p.m. stating that they were going home early all because of this little tad of snow that we have recieved. I laughed in her face when she told me cause I thought she was kidding. The MAYOR okayed it. I can hear T. laughing at me if I had asked to go home early.
I'm still laughing. Wondering now if they will take a snow day tomorrow. He he he he he .
Old 01-31-2007, 07:43 PM   #141  
Choose your hard

No snow yet but the roads are covered with the poor excuse of diluted saline solution which is supposed to "help". I'm sure the stores are all depleted of milk, bread and water. Do people make french toast when they get snowed in?

I see white on the radar which would mean snow but nothing is falling yet. Perhaps it evaporates before it hits the ground here - seen that happen up north.

njoy your "white carpet" Ceejay. Sorry there's not enough for a decent

Got to go make dinner. Be back later.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:05 PM   #142  
Choose your hard

Default Love from Mel

I was a little concerned that we haven't heard anything from Mel. Sent her an email and she responded:

I am sorry to have worried you and probably others too. It has been very hectic here - floods, medical alarms, broken hips, heating problems etc. It has been a bit non-stop and I did most of it while still having the vertigo from one ear that was stubborn. I have been resting and lying down in between. the ear is getting better and tonite is the first time I am spending time with Jen since last week. If you would post this for me on 3FC I would be very grateful.

I am not up to scrolling, reading and typing a lot. Hugs to you and the rest of the worldly chicks. I will post in a few days.

love, mel
Old 01-31-2007, 10:23 PM   #143  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Thank you Happy for that information on Mel. I was beginning to wonder what she was up to. Might have known she was up to her ears in stuff. Nice to hear from Nae as well. Good post Nae.

Up to my ears in stuff at the moment, no time for a decent post. The is a huge mountain of doco to do as well as sorting out activities for trainees (on a system which has no data - I'm good and I can do the impossible straight away but miracles take somewhat longer.

One of the rooster chicks in mooning around in love - yep he has found the love of his life - and the other ate something which disagreed with him (well we did warn him about the Hard Hat Cafe) so my mentoring is turning into hectoring!!!!! I'm being a bit sharp with both of them at the moment.

Eye Doctor tonight - and it is piddling down out there and has been for days - we have a wet season folks!!!!! and then gym and then dinner. It'll be late tonight. Depending on the eye man, I may skip gym and do a pilates workout at home or maybe I should go for a , it can hardly be wetter in there than it is out here.

Gotta run - King Kong is doing the rounds with Cyclone Nadia. We have some great bosses I can tell ya.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:30 AM   #144  
Suzi in Auz

Hello to all!
I am so glad you have not moved yet. I read rumours previous that you might move with the new month...maybe you are???
yes a new month FEB! Now that is hard to believe. January has just vanished into *poof*. It's been a busy month but February will be better!

YOu all sound good, Mel sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope the load is lightened soon! Much love and to you!
Shad ...good luck with the eye Dr. I hope all is well. it sounds as though you have some interesting folks up there with you...wet season...wow. We seriously need some here! It tries for a little bit but the temps are hot and the dams are low and soon enough we will be drinking recylced wee wee and I am not sure how I feel about that! I think it might be a massive investment in bottled water!
Ceejay...snow days wow wee. That is something. Here they are supposed to send the kids home if it hits 40 which is like about 105 F. It hasn't happened yet and I am sure some of those classrooms hit it every day! No accond!
I would like to see some fluffy white stuff around. Not enough for a snow man yet?
Meadow, thank you for the lovely post. It is so good to keep positive. i love listening and hearing about dreams. It helps me to be me!
Holly to you and for the kiddies. I hope everyone is on the mend quickly!
Madcat
Nae
Linus
I haven't had a chance to do a big read but will try to tomorrow. I am back at work again after a BIG break. i actually get the chance to sit and catch up with you all.
My news ....

The kids have all started back at school after the summer break. They seem happy and well rested. I am running around madly making sure they have this and that and very much trying to avoid the big department stores. I even thought I was organised this year but I suppose so did every other Mum!
Dh is still glowing from his vision conference. He has a lot of work to do this year. It's going to be busy.
I am starting 3 days on Monday. This should be interesting.
I think i better come back later as I have 2 kids "needing" the computer!
Much love
Suz
suzi in auz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 08:45 AM   #145  
Choose your hard

Happy freezin' morning chicks,

We only got a light dusting of snow yesterday. Just enough to make it slippery in spots. Hopefully we'll get some cold rain to wash it away today - tho might make it worse too.

It is February, isn't it? Thanks for the reminder Suzi. Guess it's time to pack up the bags. I already forgot where we're going but I know we decided on a place. Will have to go back in the posts and look. I'll try and move us tonight.

Off to work now. to all the chicks.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:19 PM   #146  

Kids are still home sick.
I went out to shovel a bit. Nice fresh air. I will go into the shop tonight from 6-8 pm and do some hair if i can. Maybe on Saturday too. DS has hockey tho.

I need some oooomph!!!!
Old 02-01-2007, 04:18 PM   #147  

My errands have been completed. I went to H and R Block this morning and had my taxes done. Believe it or not I'm getting a small refund from the federal but I'm paying the State of Arkansas. It could have been a lot worse since I came out of my 401K last year. I'm completely satisfied. Also paid the rent and stopped by the grocery store and Post Office. I'm ready for the next little bit of snow that we are suppose to get.

Weighed in this morning and the scales showed a 3 pound loss. The only thing different that I've done is to add more fiber. In my opinion 25 grams is a little much for my system. I've also been riding the stamina bike for 20 minutes and trying to keep the 3500 calorie limit. My binges will easily take me over that limit.

Happy-The grocery store was a little under stocked today, but there was plenty of bread and milk. Most of our snow has left. :sigh: But it was a good pick me up. Thanks for inquiring about Mel.

Suzi--Good to see you again.

Holly--Bet you'll be happy to get out of the house for a couple of hours.

Shad-Good luck at the eye doctor to night. I missed my appointment in November, but will rescheduled it soon.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:28 PM   #148  

HI..bumping us up!!!
Old 02-02-2007, 02:14 PM   #149  

Where is everyone?
Old 02-02-2007, 03:33 PM   #150  
Radiate self!

Default It's Groundhog Day!

Yep, it is sunny here, so I guess we are going to be having winter for awhile longer

Did you know that Groundhog day has its roots in Candlemas Day? The day is the mid-point between the Winter Soltice and the Spring Equinox. A German observance from back in the 1700's, other European countries celebrate it too. I read not that long ago about a fellow who despised Christmas but would celebrate Candlemas Day because he thought it had a nicer feel and was more connected to the Earth.

Loved Groundhog day movie, makes me laugh everytime I watch it. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again

Doesn't February feel so much better than January? January created alot of tension in my neck and shoulders, expectations abound in that month as well as regrets. February is when the new year really seems optimistic and full of wonderful days ahead

Stay cool chicks
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote