Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 07:37 PM   #16  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Sassy - well, at least there are bigger and not-so-beautiful people on tv now. Way back when, the women were all small, gorgeous, and wore high heels and pearls to do the housecleaning, lol. Uh... in your last post, you got me confused with Cristina. No biggie.

Jules - I just love looking at cookbooks, especially if they have pictures. I'm a visual kind of person, lol.

Marti - some financial expert was on tv yesterday saying how the prices of homes is on the rise. This would be a really, really good time to buy one, according to him. Hey, you're doing just great with the diet and exercise both!

Cristina - Josh has only 1 roomie? I thought there were lots of guys in each big, huge room. I'm glad your house tour went well, and hope inclement weather won't come around until your tours are over. You've been a busy lady!

Tammy - awww, the situation of the family you were talking about really does make a person want to stop and count their blessings. We take so much for granted, don't we? I bet you're a good nurse. Btw, if you'd ever want to add your name to your automatic signature, it would be helpful to us. So you're going dancing? I'm jealous! Years ago I asked Neal if he'd want to take dance lessons, and he said no. Then a couple years ago, he said, out of the blue, that he wished we had done that. But then, I was having so much trouble with my knees that it didn't seem like a good idea. What kind do you do? Country? Ballroom? Something in-between?

I moved some furniture around today, to add a chair to the living room. One thing lead to another, and in the end, I moved several pieces around from all over the house, lol. Good for my arms and legs, right?

I am OP and feeling good about that. How are things going for you?

Later....
Old 01-10-2007, 07:40 PM   #17  
ugggg.....

Vann-they grow up but still want Mom to fix everything!! It's okay about the cheetos, I am trying to not get discouraged with myself if I "mess" up-you didn't blow your calories and that's what is important. When I go on a diet officially I get all tied up inside on what I can and can't eat to the point I get myself almost obsessed over food and mess up, get frustrated and really overdo. It's a vicious cycle I am doing my best to stop. I take a vitamin called Alive and it seems to really make a difference, I get it at a local Health food store but I have also seen it on the internet.

Sassy--I also love the quotes you find. I like what you said--I'll work on what I got too!!

Tammy-dance nite sounds fun, some cases you work on must be harder than others.

Cristina--you were one busy girl today, glad your headache is better.

Marti--I used to work five 10 hour days at my last job. The three days are nice since the job is so high stress.

Hi Jane & Michelle and anyone I moght have missed!!
Old 01-10-2007, 07:41 PM   #18  
ugggg.....

Jane--we were posting at the same time--the Sonoma cookbook has lots of pictures and is beautifully done.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:52 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

Hello everyone!
I guess I will just jump in and post. I just found these forums today and it's cool.

I am on my 2nd round with WW. I lost 22 lbs in 2005, managed to gain back 23 when I had my first weigh in this past monday.

I have 2 kids who are active in the school marching band, so in the late summer and early fall, marching band is our lives :-)

The big happenings this week in my life besides making the decision to join WW again....

I got 2 brand new recliners! Well one is mine and one my husbands, but my goal was this yr to have new furniture that noone else had ever sat their butts in! I have been so blessed with people giving us furniture, but it's kind of bittersweet when you know they are the ones getting the new furniture, ya know?

I also was kinda expecting to get let go from my job and my DM called me this week and I thought well here it is... "THE CALL" and all she did was offer me 2 new stores. (I am a merchandiser, set my own schedule- it is great!)

So, this week has been pretty good so far. Well hubby's truck broke down, but we got it back tonight and it didn't cost very much to fix, thank God for backyard mechanics!, so that wasn't all that bad either.

Ok, I am rambling now, so I am going to go. Hope to get to know you all.

Jodi
Old 01-11-2007, 01:03 AM   #20  

Height: 5'1"

Good Evening ladies.....

It's almost 10:00 (my walking time) and I thought I would pop in here real quick and catch up a little.

Michelle--You're so welcome...she's such a cutie puppy! I'll babysit anytime!

Cristina--Are you planning on finding a house in the same town are a different one? I hope the people who are interested give you an offer!

Sassy--I've seen Denise Austins show on in the mornings...but that was when I was getting home around 3:00. I'm not up anymore for her early show. I like the tape...wish it was a DVD, but I'll use what I got!

Vann--The photo shoot was for work. I work in a lab and they wanted to get some photos for a pamphlet for our clients. And our department (sendout reference department) was chosen as one of the few to photograph. I should be honored...but who likes their photo taken?

Jane--The houses seem to be on the rise ALL the time! Who knows what we'll end up doing. I DO know that I want warmer weather when and IF we find one!

Jules--Five 10hr days?? Did you only get 2days off? Crazy! I'm glad you get the 3day weekends. I'm going to have to check out the Sonoma Cookbooks. I like photos too!

Jodi--Hello and welcome! I have been wanting new furniture forever! Someday. I told my hubby that if we move...we need to get a new couch. I love the one we have, but it's a futon and I'm ready for something more cozier. Glad to have you a part of the JL's.....Looking forward to learning more about you.

Hello to everyone else out there!!

Ok...today I ate clean.......for the most part! Dinner was a little splurge (stuffed porkchops) and I DID go and have my weekly starbucks. But I'm still within my allotted calorie intake. So I'm good.

It is now 10:00 and so off I go for my nightly walk. You're all probably sound asleep...(except Sassy I'm sure) so you all sleep well and I'll chat w/you tomorrow.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:06 AM   #21  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

JODI!!!

VANN...Thank you for the compliments on Oreo. I too think she's just a doll!!

CRISTINA...The vet called my DD today with some not so good news. She said that Oreo had relapsed a lot just since yesterday, so my DD and her hubby went down and spent some time with Oreo. She said that Oreo was so happy to see them and kept kissing her and nibbling on her earrings. The are overnighting a new very strong medicine that they will begin giving her tomorrow, and pray that it works with her. I've been very down and crying today, because I just feel so bad for my DD and for Oreo, who has to keep suffering.

EDIT: Marti -- You were posting at the same time as me. I wish Oreo was home so she could be babysat, we miss her terribly!
Old 01-11-2007, 01:40 AM   #22  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Hey all.

Hey all......

Vann -- Yeah way too many skinny women on there and way too many "Boobs" ready to "pop out" lol. But at least there was thankfully Queen Latifah, I think she looked really pretty and she is no stick figure, but very pretty........Sorry to hear about your DD getting her car hit. I hope she gets it fixed.

Jane -- Oops My bad. Just goes to show how scatterbrained I am. Yeah I do agree, we have at least moved forward by having at least a few bigger women on tv.

Jules -- Thanks. I try to find the most "inspirational quotes" to inspire not only me everyday, but everybody else. Yup I figure I am who I am, so may as well accept that and work with what I got. Besides even if I was very rich, I would not go for plastic surgery or nothing. I think its great for people who need it, who were in extreme car accidents, etc, but my own personal opinion is I will just work with what God gave me.

Hello and Jodi! I so know what you mean about furniture. That is DH & I goal once we buy a new house, to get NEW furniture, like you, we have been blessed to have been able to get furniture handed down to us by relatives/friends, but we are ready for something BRAND NEW! lol.

Hey Marti -- Yup you're right, I'm still up! lol. Of course, being the "Nightowl" and working nights, I have to be. lol. Yeah I saw she has an early morning show, there are actually lots of early morning fitness shows and did ya know, at least here, we have Fitness on Demand! How cool is that?????? So I need to take advantage of that!

Michelle -- Awwwww hon so sorry to hear about Oreo, he and you and your DD will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Okay I actually outsmarted myself for once! lol. I went to go and pay my credit card payment, but it showed I owed $0.00. So I was like Hmmmmm. So I called the 1-800# and punched in my account #, it is all automated, it told me my new balance and that I had made my last payment on Dec. 19th (my due date is always on the 11th) and that I owed $0.00!!!!!! I had forgotten that I had made another payment while paying DH's card so that I wouldn't have to worry about it! I am so excited I totally outsmarted myself for once! lmao! I'm still planning on making another payment on Friday, when we get paid, just to stay ahead, but its cool that I can wait one more day and not get a late fee! Okay so it doesn't take much for me! lmao!

I watched a tv show on Sleep Walkers on TV since I've had sleeping issues since I was little. There were a few people on the show they showed them sleeping and what they do, and my DH said, "Thats you! That is what you do!" Amazing what you do when your sleeping and you have clue about it. lol. My Dear Grandmother and my Aunt both broke their toes jumping out of bed when I was little staying with them and I guess I let out a big scream and then went back to sleep. But when they first heard it totally freaked them out. lol.

Anyways. That is about it.

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 01-11-2007 at 01:46 AM.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:07 AM   #23  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

SASSY...Thank you, your kindness and prayers are much appreciated.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:26 AM   #24  

Height: 5'1"

This is going to be a quickie. I looked out my window and there is snow....so that means the roads will be slick and there will be drivers that don't care....so I'm going to leave early. So I better hit the shower!

Have a great morning!
Old 01-11-2007, 04:15 PM   #25  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello Ladies...

JANE...yep, Josh has only one roomie. They had the bunks while in basic but where he's at and even in Hawaii he had/has only one roomie. Can't remember what they call those things he's living in in Iraq but he was lucky. Most of the others there are 3 guys in a room. And, ummm, yeah, moving furniture is definitely a work-out.

SASSY...I hear ya lady. I am the biggest in my family, not sure where I got my genes from but everyone else is skinny. My brothers can eat and eat, and eat and never gain an ounce. My mom has a little bit of a belly on her but she is not big at all. I've never been skinny but I've not been this big either. I always weighed between 135-145 but I will never be skinny, or even that small again. Anywho...thanks for the well wishes on the house. And wTG on paying the credit card!

MARTI...we've already found another house and have a pending contract. It's on a contingency that we sell this one. And it's in Wichita about 10 minutes from where we are now, so no, not staying in the same neighborhood/community. It might as well be though as I will still be shopping and doing business the same places. So the only thing that will change is the city and county, of course that kind of is a big change. Good luck to you and James when you guys start looking! Be careful driving in that weather. We are supposed to get icy conditions and snow later this evening into Monday, ick!

JODI! Glad to have ya here and look forward to getting to know you. Hope you are enjoying your new furniture!

VANN...well, I didn't make it to Saturday, lol. I got on those darn scales this morning. I don't know why I do that 'cause it drives me crazy! Hey, don't let the cheetos get ya down. I am pretty sure generic v's will work. We buy ours at SAMS and buy their brand except for the 1ADay. I've just used that brand for years.

JULES...I've not heard of those vitamins, but I haven't been in a health store in ages. I used to go weigh there a while back. V is supposed to be working 5-10's but it has turned into more. Apparently the company already knows how many planes they want to get out this year and want to start now, lol. So 5-10's plus 8 on Sat & Sun. They never get out what they plan so.

MICHELLE...aaaahhhh, ((((((HUGS)))))) to you and your DD. I hope and will pray for Oreo to get well soon. Poor little puppy dog. I am sorry it is bringing you down as well. But I know when our children hurt we hurt with them and for them.

Hi to everyone else

Another busy day today, ugh. Feels so good when I finally sat down. Today is Wally World day and while I was up bright and early I got a later than usual start. I thought I would get up early and get my walk out of the way, a nice way to start the day off. Did some straightening and off to do my grocery shopping. After that I had some things to take back to Penney's, wasn't able to do it though. There is a lady that works in the catalog dept. that does not know what she is doing and so after 15 mns in line and three people before me I left. She had made a mistake and had to call in about it. She's done this before, to me! But there was someone there who knew what they were doing. I had another return (something I bought for Jason) just had the money put on a gift card for him. And then ran to the other end of the mall to get lotion and candles. Ugh, man was I tired. And boy, I want to tell you I ran into my share of odd people today. Some guy came up to me in Wal-Mart to let me know about the banana's being on sale every Thursday for 18 cents a pound. Not sure why he thought I should know but I thanked him. I was no where near the fruit by the way, lol. Then a younger woman gave me an evil eye, lol. I swear I did nothing to this woman...I was walking down the aisle minding my business, doing my shopping, not in anyone's way and she just gave me the dirtiest, evil look ever. I smiled at her because I was clueless, lol. Then as I was checking out the young woman in front of me was arguing with the cashier about when the nasty weather was going to hit. I guess she had to have the last word and because the radio station she listened to said something other than what the cashier had heard she had to get that across to her, lol. Geez, after all that I was afraid to go to the mall, lol! Anyway, I am glad that I got things done around the house this morning because I was pooped again. And fighting with this wind, oh my goodness. This wind is crazy and it's not supposed to calm down much. Okay, starting to ramble

Hope everyone's day was better than mine, lol. Take care ladies
Old 01-11-2007, 06:39 PM   #26  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Jules - I'll have to check out the Sonoma cookbook. I also like cookbooks from church groups. Some of the best recipes can be found in those, if you weed through all the ones with condensed soup or jello, lol.

Jodi - ah, I hear ya! Neal and I had lots of years of 2nd hand furniture. Now we're back to wanting old furniture - antiques, that is. We have several cool pieces from his mom. I saw on you bio that you're from N. Central Indiana. I'm from the southwest part of the state, about 60 miles south of Terre Haute.

Marti - wah! How come you and the other ladies get snow when I'm the one that wants it?? I can't wait to get some and go out and make an angel in it. So when you mention your walk, are you talking about your treadmill? That's a lot tougher than walking outdoors.

Michelle - how's Oreo? I'm sure hoping the little one has taken a turn for the better.

Sassy - YAY for a zero balance on your credit card. That's always a good feeling!

Cristina - I had to laugh about your dealings with the crazies at Walmart, hahaha. And it's not even a full moon, lol. I was in line at Penney's too, and had to leave. I wanted them to special order a rug that they had on sale, but were out of. I decided to just order it one line. The wind here is just awful! I went to the mailbox and about got blown away, and let me tell you, that's a STRONG wind, teehee.

A big hello to anyone else reading this.

I did my shopping today, and had lunch with my niece Carol, too. Makenzie was "grandma's girl" for the day, and I had lots of fun with her. We saw some Valentine's Day shirts, so I got one each for her and her 2 sisters. Too cute!

I'm still OP, and the water is going well. I need to step up the exercises, but it's hard with a bad foot.

Have a great evening, ladies!
Old 01-11-2007, 06:57 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 166

Height: 5'4"

Hello to ALL!!!

Sassy, Yes..I thought Queen Latifia looked beautiful too!! AND she did an awesome job!! I wish I could say I had extra money:-) It is such a tight week!!

Jules -thanks for sharing..I can relate to getting so caught up in EVERY THING I eat...it is amazing...my life has turned into a calorie and BTW..I did great yesterday...good thing that every day is a new day:-)

Jane--Hope you are well...

Jodi -Welcome ..you have stumbled upon a good group..I haven't been here long, but they have embraced me as if I have been here for months!!

Marti, SNOW..I have to admit I am jealous--except that we get it so seldom there are certain foods and drinks that I would feel compelled to consume with my DS that it is probably a good thing We don't have any:-) Pretty cool about the photo shoot...AND I love you daughters name..very unique

Christina- LOL you had the kind of day I had..just had that cloud over me I guess...It begins to get comical after a while:-)

Michelle,--I too will be praying for that puppy.

Hi Sue and Kathy,

My day was long and I am so glad it is over...even better that I get to work remote tomorrow and am off on Monday..so it will feel like a 4 day weekend. I feel like I need it. I also feel like I have done a good job of sticking to my eating plan..(not the exercise)..I guess the scales will tell the story on Sunday. If I can wait LOL I will check in during the day to say hello since I will be home..Take Care
Old 01-11-2007, 07:29 PM   #28  
ugggg.....

Vann--I agree, today I was bad at lunch but I think it was because I didn't eat any breakfast this morning and then went and ate a cupcake and then we went to Pizza Hut for lunch--I borrowed from my WW flex points and I think I will be okay but I am hoping my weigh in is a minus tomorrow morning, if not then next week will be better!!

Jane--I have some church and band cookbooks, my husband teases me about having so many cookbooks when he only wants the same things all the time!!

Cristina--you had a busy day again no wonder you are tired. I have those weird days some times when all kinds of random strange things happen.

Marti--be careful driving in the snow!! yes I only got two days off--when i started my current job they asked if they thought I would have trouble with the 10 hour days--I had to laugh and tell them that I usually ended up working more than the 10 hour shift all 5 days when I was a manager.

Michelle--I hope your grandpuppy gets better soon!!

Sassy--I used to freak my DH with my nighttime wanderings and nightmares, but I haven't had any in years...funny how your post reminded me. My brother sleeps and yells in his sleep and he's a big guy at 6'6''--there's one guy st the firehall who won't stay the night when my brother does cause he scared him so bad one night.

jodi--I am starting my second round of WW too.

Tammy--I noticed that you live in central MD--I grew up in Boonsboro in Washington County.

New Grey's tonite--I am excited!!
Old 01-11-2007, 08:32 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 205/193/155

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes :-)

You know when I went thru WW the first time they had people raise their hands on who had been there before. I remember looking around and thinking what is the deal, this is sooo easy, that won't be me. Hmph. So my first meeting this week they asked that question and there I was with MY hand in the air. I don't know what it is, it's not a hard concept to grasp, but my goodness so easy to fall back into old habits.

I must say though that this week it has been fairly easy to get back into eating within points- well it helps that they changed the plans and I actually 2 more pts a day- lol Funny how I can treat those points like gold.

Was busy with working today and I didn't get to eat a real lunch. But I made a really good Oven Fried Chicken tonight that didn't cost much in points at all.

Anyhow, Jane I live about 60 miles North of Indy.

I have yet to start exercising, been thinking of it, but not a whole lot of time so far this week. Any tips, hints on how to get started? That is something I never did get into when I did WW before.

Jodi
Old 01-11-2007, 10:16 PM   #30  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Hey Chicks

Hey Chicks!

Michelle -- YW hon.

Marti -- Eww yuck. We are getting nasty rain and storms coming our way and a possible chance of snow on Monday? Take Care!!

Cristina -- I'm not the largest in the family, but not the smallest neither! I will never ever be skinny as my parents are. I am just not built like them at all! lol. I am built exactly like my grandmothers.....

LOL @ the Banana guy. Maybe he thought you looked like you needed a banana? lmaoooo! Evil looks eh? I would have just smiled like you did and waved at her! hee hee.

Jane -- Thanks. Glad you had fun with your neice and Makenzie.

Vann - Yes Queen Latifah looked very nice and did a great job. Yes the extra $$ will be nice, we worked very hard for it, that is for sure! Enjoy your "4" day weekend!

Jules -- I remember once when I was in a teenager, I woke up in my room standing in front of my closet! It was dark so it totally freaked me out because I had no idea where I was!! I finally felt my way over and flipped the light on, luckily my door to my bedroom was closed, other wise hard telling where I would have ended up!!!!! lol. That is the only time I remember waking up from sleep walking. So not sure if I have done it any other times or not. Hey who knows maybe I have a whole other life when I'm sleeping! lol.

Hey Jodi -- Yes I think we all can understand how it feels to "slip back" to bad habits.......I have stopped drinking soda so many times for even months and then I go right back to it!!!! Bad Habits die hard I guess. lol.

Well another night, another $1.........(working) I am soooooo tired for some reason. I didn't want to get up today. But I got up, took a shower, and made it into work. When DH went outside to smoke he noticed a guy sitting in his car, no big deal, figured he was waiting on someone, well we went to leave for work, an hour later, he was still there! So we stopped by the Apt. Complex Office and told the maintenance man, he was going to go and say something to him. Very weird though.

Take care all!

Closed Thread