3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Lo Carb Support #5 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/10126-lo-carb-support-5-a.html)

1fralick 10-10-2001 05:15 AM

Lo Carb Support #5

Good MOrning ALL,
Please check out Lee's, Dana's and B00"s reply on page 2 of #4

I am still OP.
Got a little stressed last night. I am getting a little phobic about driving after dark. This was after I went to the eye doctor and tried contact lens. Which Are clear(invisible) and once in are nearly inpossible to get Out. The MD probably thoght I was nuts. My suggestion was that there should be a little mark on them so i could see to "grab" them. I am sure teh "crazy lady" was good dinner conversation for his family. :dizzy: .

Lee I was so glad to see you were up to posting. Yes DH is a godsend as I would bake for him or bring goodies home for him and then eat them. He is losing slowly too. But it has made this attempt alot easier. He is very supportive and complimenting me on my loss. Calling me "skinny". Thank you for your kind words of support. It is such a boost.

Dana, I really try and appreciate the beautiful fall days as we have them. They are really precious as we get closer to winter. I am wondering if your craving for peanuts is indicative to your need for an increase in protein due to your exercise. Maybe Sue could comment on that. I do belive she looked in to it at one point somehow.

Hey Sue how are you? Feeling better I hope. It is so unusual for you to let a day go by w/o posting. Thinking of you

B00- I can see you feel better by the enthusiam in your post. Your balencing quite a bit. I found it overwhelming in the beginning, I hated the idea of shopping at the grocery. It seemeed like it took forever, all that label reading etc. I am better now. Hope you are too.

Pam I hope you too are well, How are teh "children"?

Terri and Joanne Hello

I am off to w/o , will try and check in later

gbo 10-10-2001 01:52 PM

I got my book and was busy reading it. Boy am I glad it is here. Watch out folk I am getting set to roll. The kids are still here and getting medicine. Simba is very thin and so is Chi. I pray a lot but know it is not my choise in the end. (As much as I wish that weren't so.) Still I am OP and drinking my gallon like a good kid.

I am taking my vitamins, and studying my book faithfully. Delighted to find I can use cheese more than I realized! Love cheese! I ate a half a chicken last night I was really hungry it is so nice to be able to eat well when you are hungry.

Went and had my hair done and love it. I am having a problem with one knee. You see I am only human and when I do something dumb I do it well. When My Sissy came to visit from California I saw the oak bed was not straight and without thinking my instant response was to shove it over with the side of my leg.....well, the bed didn't move but my leg did!!!! I couldn't walk on it for day's. Now it is acting up something fierce!!! Again.
I may have to see the doctor about it I know I did something not good to the poor thing...Dumb , dumb ,dumb. But I am only human!

I have a little fever today and it seems I can't stay awake for to long a period of time. NOW that's a change!!!!!!!

I am actually looking forward to weighing day so that's a good thing!!!
Love Pam

nasus40 10-10-2001 02:19 PM

Hi all. I am so sorry that i have not posted for the last few days. I not only have been sick but having tons of meetings with the dept of labor and trying to get my resume up and running then on top of all that i have had boyscout meetings for the last 2 nights. there are no parents who want to do the mettings so i since i know what i am doing have to do it. so there blows a few more hours of my busy week trying to prepare for not only 1 but 2 meetings weekly as well as the committee and pack meetings. so i think i bit off a bit much. I am very seriously going to lok into diet counceling that is my meeting on friday at DOL.. what fun

I am almost OP i have been so cusy that i get to hungry and can not control my slef so today is my plan for being Op all the way. i did nibble a cookie because i have a mouse in the house and have set up traps all over, can you believe a mouse can eat all the food off the trap and not set it off??? I am using the oldfashion ones. this guy is cute and now i hate to kill it but i am finding mouse tracts on the counter with truds. so i t has to go. i wish tere was another way. i have a dog but he is interested in laying on the couch not the mouse!!

well have to go more things to do will check in later

25_HOPEFUL 10-10-2001 09:23 PM

Hello Friends!

Another day.....ON PLAN....hope Mr. Scale is kind to me on Friday! TOM is due and I have yet to NOT have a loss...but I hold my breath that my recent PEANUT indulgance will not come back to haunt me!

Went walking....(soooooo nice out) and now I am catching up on laundry and bill paying! Oh, what fun!

Take care all!

butterfly00 10-10-2001 10:03 PM

:) Hi everyone. did good today. you know for some reason i started out having a hard time today but my new clothes came and i tried them on and they actually fit soooo well. that's when i knew i'm doing good. i snuck on the scale this morning and even though it said one lb loss I know for a fact i'm losing inches and that's what matter's to me. you know it's so nice not to go to the store anymore looking for the longest shirt to cover my butt or stretch pants. I'm not going to beat myself up anymore because ,i know i already said this but, i have lost alot this past year and i'm proud of myself. i'd rather be where i am now than where i was a year ago. see you all tomorrow.

1fralick 10-11-2001 05:44 AM

Good Morning All.

Still OP and am hoping the scale reflects is Friday. I had a nice compliment at work yesterday. A co -worker said " i don't know what you are doing, but it is sure working, you look great" Santa will be very nice to him this year!!!

Well I got the contacts in yesterday w/ only 3 tries. Getting them out however is another matter. AS I can't see or feel them. I got them out but won't be wearing thyem today as my left eye is aggravated.

Need to do some clothes shopping. Need top get some winter clothes and a coat. This is motivating as last winter I was straining teh button on my dress coat and this year I could make it double breasted. :D .

Sue, "got stress?" My good ness girl I wish we lived closer I ' d take you out for coffee. You know Maybe that is something we could look forward to this summer is a get together. Where does everyone live? Is teh dept of labor being helpful? Resume writing is a pain. Good luck

Dana, You are awesome having a loss everyweek and exercising too. It speaks to your commitment and determination to rid yourself of your "fat suit" . You are an OP GODDESS :angel: . How is work? Have things settled down since 9/11?

B00- There is nothing more motivating that having clothes that didn't/ wouldn't fit that do now!!! Soemwhere I saw a recipe for lo carb bars that you make your self. I will try and find it and send you the link or recipe. That way you could have a "fast food" but not get any hidden carbs.

Lee How is the back coming along? Take it easy for awhile. Still OP? You are on a great stretch!! Still healing thru your loss? I hope, that can take such a toll as you heal. Thinking of you and atke care.

Pam. I read your reply on the 100 # thread on rededication ( sue you should check it out) didn't have the time for a reply this am. I am honored by your trust and honesty. I have found that in my mental battle it is so imporatnt for my recovery but much harder to do this work than to watch what goes in my mouth.

Well girls it is Thurs Tomorrow is weigh in Friday!! Must get my water is as I don't want to have to post water weight too.

25_HOPEFUL 10-11-2001 08:35 PM

Good News/Bad News............

Bad News....I did not swim or walk today..
Good News... I did the Richard Simmons "Sweatin' to the Oldies " tape!

Bad News....I gave in and ate some (@%^ Peanuts!
Good New...I only ate a few...and was ON PLAN all day as always...(whew!)

Bad News.....I will be off line over the weekend.
Good News....My family is going away for the weekend to visit my son at college!

Bad News....That means I will not be able to drive the bus.
Good News......You all can handle it as it has "auto pilot".

Bad News...I will miss you all!
Good News....I will be back on Sunday night!

Stay on plan all!
Move your butts!
Drink your water!

WEIGH IN TOMORROW....(I will go make the thread now!) (I will post my total first thing in the morning before we leave!)

Take care all!
I will catch up with everyone on Sunday night!

gbo 10-12-2001 01:03 AM

Hi there all. I am beginning to feel quite foo foo again. (Ultra feminine). I have been OP. but I had a couple of day's when soda won out over water, but water does not help nausea. I think this bug is on it's way out so I have been a busy girl. I have scrubbed down the fridge , the stove and both ovens, the microwave and have started rearranging my bedroom. Careful of my knee of course. Slowly but surely.
I have pork tenderloins pan fried in butter & garlic veg, oil
and green beans canned water drained, 2 strips bacon fried crisp
dropped the green beans in the grease crumbled in the bacon and about four tblsps of thin sliced onions....num ,num.
I made dressing for the family and never even considered touching it. Pretty cool for me.
My clothes are beginning to hang off me. Even I am surprised at how much.They were very tight a month ago! Except for the maybe two days totally I have drank my 128 oz of water everyday.
Mom and I are having a girl day tomorrow, painting nails, facials and so on. Mom is almost 80 and her sweet little eyes sparkled with delight when I suggested it. What a boost for the moral. 8- 80 a girl need to feel like a girl and do things to make yourself better.

Pat Dear, I have had a saying for many years that I have found is the absolute truth.......As the mind goes, so go the body.
Tells you how mine has been doesn't it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So far so good with the children of the fur. I have things crossed you wouldn't believe!!!!! ROFL
I wake up finding myself praying in my sleep. Come what may I have ddone all that is in my power to do. So, I am content. That doesn't mean I won't fall apart on ya all if anything else happens after all we have been together for 16 years. I haven't been married that long!LOL

Lee Honey , take it real easy and get better soon.

Sue you are on my IM

Butterfly, Hopeful can you believe how well we all are doing!!!!
I am so proud of ya all and Hopeful we shall await your return and I know we will miss you too!!!!
Love Ya All,
Pam

1fralick 10-12-2001 05:16 AM

Good Fridau Morning all

Pam am glad the "children" are OK . A girl's day huh? SOunds great. When I get into a water is boring mode I will make crysatl light regularly and then pour some( less than 1/2 a glass) and fil it with water. It breaks up the routine and I don't fall into a slump on the scale.

Dana have a great weekend. Your body is eitehr craving the salt or the protein of the peanuts. I hope the weather will be great for you. You always have such a great time when you visit the kids!!!

Hope everyone else is doing well

I am still OP had a great w/o at teh gym yesterday. I have now advanceed myself to the next level on the bike and did 10 whole minutes on teh stairmaster(it was my aerobic day). Today is a weight training Day. I am finally putting some planning into my routines something that I talked about weeks ago( I didn't forget SUE :). I think all the carb cobwebs are gone. No slips since the weekend( I don't think). I can feel teh difference.

B00- I will try and find that recipe this weekend
Sue - Thinking of you
Lee How is your back?

WIll check in tomorrow

nasus40 10-13-2001 07:35 PM

Gosh girls I am here. the illness has gotten the better of me. i am so sorry for being away for so long. i have tried to stay away from the puter till i has some stuff done in the house. with the meetings and feeling poorly and all i have had no time to get on. so hhere i am. i have been busy,
first i have had tons of boyscout meetings and well as you can guess i am into that with the boys

and the cleaning weel not much has been done on that end

but for work i have been having meeeting day after day for that, and having time to be on the puter to do job searches also. whis is what i have to go and do now. but i have ideas of being self employed i think that i have told pat and pam about it. i want to become a nutritional councelor for diets and those that need to follow specific diets for illnesses. so that is going to be taking tons of time so if i am not here you can feel free to emil me and i will usually reply or PM me i get that in my mail too. this is one area that i have been checking so all had better get on the bus and hold tight cuz this gorl is PPWAV and all who is near is going in for a wild ride. I can not be a nutritional and diet councelor if i an over weight so i must get atleast near goal by the time i get this close to going into action!!!

so all i am going to be checking up and hanging on y=to you so you all can rid ewith me!!!

1fralick 10-14-2001 09:25 AM

Good SUnday Morning

My goodness it is quiet here. Still OP, DOing pretty well. The weather has been great here lots of sun, Very windy today. Got to appreciate these days.

Sue Good luck and thanks for checking in. I am 100% behind you and am strapped in.

Dana I hope you had a great weekend

Pam How are you?

B00 how are you doing?

Hello to everyone else

gbo 10-15-2001 01:22 AM

Doing ok.......except the power went out for 4 hours came on for 4 hours and went back out another 2 hours.......in one day! Saturday of course.
I just wanted to be the hulk for about 30 minutes!!!!!!
It was so warm and humid that I was again sick...violently which I needed like a hole in the head, although at least it would have been vetilated!!!!
Excuse me my Apache is showing.
Simba is having some heart problems but at her age you expect to have a few problems. They all have survived so far and seem over the illness. Thank you God. Although I have considered that once you really bond with a child of the fur their life span and ours should co-inside on the human life span of course and would love to sit down with God and discuss the possibilites of such a new system over a nice cup of capichino. I have a feeling that he has overwhelming good reasons for his choices and I respect that and know he is far smater than my imagination can ever even hope to comprehend but I sure would love to seriously talk
about it!!!
I have done well and discovered to my shock that despite all I can eat that somewhere along the line of being OP for so many weeks my stomach has shrunk drastically. I did have 4 onion rings
on Saturday but I had not had any carbs and sat down ,counted out the onion rings in the bag divided the amount down as to how much each one would be and added four times. I was still under par (carbs) aalthough my family wondered as to my sanity.
I wanted fried chicken livers sooooooo...I took some atkins bake mix , beat up an egg dipped the livers in the egg and bake mix patting the mix into the liver well placed them in a plastic container in the bake mix with salt and pepper shook it well let sit twenty minutes and patted the mix into every knook and cranny of those livers and fried them in 1/3 bacon grease and vegtable oil. It worked and they were wonderful!!!!!! The bake mix doesn't stick as easy as flour by any means but it works with just a small amount of extra effort. So it would work for chicken or anything else come to that for those times when you just really must have some batter fried somethings. I used the measured amount for one pancake and my friends ....My , My , My!!!!!!!!!
These are the two things I did this week end .
My water I have had to cut back to 100 oz's a day as it was causing me stomach problems oddly enough and put to much pressure on the big hernia near the top of my stomach. So 100 OZ'S it is for a little while. I am doing this weeks challenge and am going to start exercising for real starting tomorrow...carefully and will gradually build up my time.
My hubby could not find a tape measure that went over 54 inches an my hips did but I told him to go ahead and buy it because I have dropped a lot. He thinks five inches but I just don't know about that. We shall see.

Sue Honey, I hope you feel wonderful and have shaken that nasty bug. I am busting a button about your plans... honestly you can do it!!!!!! I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you can make it happen. I don't say that lightly.

Lee Darlin" how I miss our chats come back soon and be well. Love ya much.

What a group we have!!!!! All these wonderful, creative and powerful people. I stand in awe of you all. Be you Housewives and Mom's to career people ya' all are just fabulous!!!
Pam

1fralick 10-15-2001 05:01 AM

Good morning all,
I am still OP and my thighs have recovered to the point that I will resume my w/o's today. I'll tell you I was suffering unbelievably. I was feeling rather motivated all last week and caught myself sideways in a mirror and didn't like what i saw so I pushed my w/o thurs and fri. The lunges always kill me but to add 10 mins stairmaster(the gym one) and many mins at the next level on the bike and teh weight machines my thighs were protesting wicked. I dreaded drinking my water because of the getting on and off the toilet :o .

My latest challenge is not doing weekend baking. Unfortunately I am stuck there. I haven't picked up another hobby yet. And teh weekends can get long. DID some reading and cleaned all day sun. Sat was a bust which ticks me off as I hadn't slept well fri night and was BLAH all day Sat. And sat was the best weather day. WAH WAH WAH. Must move on!!

DH is doing soso, It is hunting season and he spends the day w/ carb eaters( family memebers) So the plan is to take a lunch w/ hime instaed of relying on the food of family.

We went out to dinner w/ some of his friends from the internet Sat night. We did very well that night. STeak and salad. passed on dessert. :D .

I think I will post a weekly challenge here too, I posted on over at 100# site. I really need to focus on portions again, i know I keep taking about it. I really want to be in the 230's by Friday.

I hope everyone is well and can check in we are getting sparce again :( .

I hope all the lurkers realize this isn't a private club and new members are more than welcome as Dana says We have many seats on the bus

25_HOPEFUL 10-15-2001 09:22 AM

I'm baaaaaaaack!

Got in too late to post last night! The weekend was wonderful...(they are always wonderful when we get to see one or both of our sons!) We headed to the college in the POURING RAIN!!! We camped at a little campground and the weather held out until it was time to LEAVE! Packing up in the rain and traveling home in the RAIN...not fun! Our "baby" is doing well and we had a verynice time!

I managed to stay on plan but did not get in all the water I wanted to as it is difficult to coordinate "potty visits" when traveling/camping....so I forgive myself!

I am off work today...and our oldest son is on a short fall break from college so we are spending the day together! (I am letting him sleep in...then we hit the mall....and a resturant of his choice!) They are 18 and 21 and I savore the time we spend together as they grow. I have taught myself to be a "mom to men".....it is an adjustment....but it is working!

fralick....glad to see you are keeping things going here. It is getting a little sparse....but regardless of how many seats are taken....we are rolling baby! I have my fingers crossed for you that you see that 230 something mark my friend! I hope the lurkers post...and I hope our regulars start to post more regular. We need the support we have here to get to GOAL!!!!

nasus.......things are really in a spin for you! I hope you get things sorted out the way you want. I feel you would be a FANTASTIC diet counselor with your personality and experience. You also have a true gift of being able to express yourself. I am pulling for you buddy! Keep up the good work..it will all fall into place! I know you remain on plan even if you are not posting as often as you would like. (You would not have it any other way!! LOL)

gbo....I can tell how important it is for you to be on plan! You also come up with some great ideas for when certain foods are calling your name! I hope your fur children come thru this all okay.

butterfly...paula....terri.....where are you guys?

Take care all! I will check around the other threads as time allows and see you all back here tomorrow!

butterfly00 10-15-2001 09:16 PM

Hi everyone. I'm not ignoring you all just extremely busy right now BUT OP and doing great. My brother's moving here from Texas this weekend so husband and me are trying to get room ready. Lot's of work so probably won't post for a week because have to go to Seattle Monday. I feel so overwhelmed right now alot to do. I would love some recipes for some protein bars. The bar's are what save me when everyone's eating candy. If you don't see me on here for awhile please forgive me. Husband has limited time to get thing's done so I'm on his schedule. see you ladies later. Have a great week and you know everytime i get on here i'm soooo inspired by the words i read. Have a great week and weekend see you next week. I'll try to sneak in during the week but not sure. Oh yeah my new pants fit great!!!!!!