Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2001, 04:02 PM   #1  
Member w/ messiest house

Thumbs down OctoberCow Shaggy Dog Story

Ah yes, another beautiful day in the neighborhood. Actually have enough fallen leaves to rake, not that I'm doing any such thing, of course. DD invited a friend over and they are working on her treehouse in the woods (she built it herself--surprisingly sturdy, but too high for me to boost myself up into), raking leaves into a pile and laying in them, losing the dog.

Yes, losing the dog. The girls went for a walk down by the railroad tracks, came back, ate lunch. I asked where the dog was, they don't know. I look in the usual places, they look, DH looks, I drive around and look on the roads, I walk half a mile down the railroad track looking, DH drives around looking, the girls pretend to look, I drive around some more looking. Finally we get a better story out of them, we go and look exactly where they last saw her (oo, there's a concept ) and lo and behold, the poor old thing is standing on top of a narrow ridge looking for a way down. For about 2 hours, I would estimate, maybe more. She is now gratefully sacked out in the living room. Oh brother.

I got lots of exercise.

Kiwi
Old 10-15-2001, 11:54 AM   #2  

Default Dumb dog story

My golden retriever has had to wear one of those lampshade thingies on his head for the last week because he has a spot on his ear that he just won't leave alone. After a whole week of being tortured by this thing on his head he managed to get it off and undo all the healing in 5 minutes so we're starting all over again. Dern dog. Kiwi, it's exhausting being the parent to a geriatric dog, huh? Almost as bad as a puppy.

It's a beautiful day in my neighborhood too. The skies are blue, the temp is a balmy 70 degrees, and I'm still managing to be in a mood. DH spent the entire weekend in the garage, working on his latest car project, because now that racing season is over, he's building a street rod. I guess I'm going to have to get my own life, since he seems to be too busy to hang out with me. I'm such a baby.

I did work in the yard all day saturday. I'm trying to get a jump on the weeds that are all sprouting in wait for taking over my garden next spring. I need to get to the store for daffodils and tulips before the nasty weather sets in.

On topic, I've been eating non stop all weekend. I don't know what's gotten into me (other than a ton of fatty food), I was doing so well .
Old 10-15-2001, 05:36 PM   #3  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Weed fighting

I'm enjoying my mental picture of you getting a "jump" on the weeds. Okay, so I'm mental...

Yes, Wabb, these elderly dogs are a lot of work and worry. I wouldn't give her up, though. I'm glad I can give her a cosseted old age. The breeder who sold her to me has another litter right now and says it's her last time doing the puppy thing because of her health. It was a large litter and she still has 4 little boy fluffballs not yet spoken for. Wouldn't I wish? No room for another pet around this dump, tho. I wouldn't even dare go look at them.

It poured all day here today. I have a feeling our fabulous Indian summer is about to be over. DH starts his anticipated eternity at work today -- part of the mill shut down last night to put in new equipment. It's a huge project and he fully expects to be working day and night for weeks. Personally I think he's exaggerating and he'll be home inquiring about dinner any moment.

I've been eating too much too. I'm not weighing myself for a few days lest I have to revise my stats upwards....
Kiwi

P.S. Got a note from my friend w/prostate cancer today; dr. says he's clear of cancer and should have a complete recovery. Isn't that nice?
Old 10-15-2001, 11:32 PM   #4  
Member w/ messiest house

Here's a picture of Wabby getting a jump on those weeds:
Old 10-16-2001, 06:57 PM   #5  

Default Hee-hee

How did you find my picture, Kiwi?

I've had a nasty headache all day. I think it may have something to do with eating chocolate. or cheese. Not only do they make you fat, I've heard that sometimes these foods can trigger migraines. Or maybe it's because Aunt Flo is visiting.

Thursday is my Dad's birthday. I have to have gotten over the irritation that the car incident caused so that I can be around my family for an entire meal. Wish me luck.
Old 10-16-2001, 07:51 PM   #6  
Most boring housewife.

Default Third try

Two messages have disappeared...I am trying again. The last two were witty and informative...this one will just say hello. I'm paranoid.
Life is good....kids are fine...dh is fine. I am not a computer addict anymore...But DH has finished his latest project and is saying he will rebuild computer in next week or so. I miss you guys and have lost all phone numbers...so I can't call.
DD has a BF...a senior....they went to homecoming this weekend...she looked beautiful. He is not so sharp, but he is an adorable football player who was homecoming king...so I guess that's what counts.
The boys are starting basketball soon. LInda MOVED...I'm so sad.
Nothing else is new. I'll post this before it vanishes.
Love.
Lushus
Old 10-17-2001, 02:30 PM   #7  

Default Hi Lushie!

Gee, I've missed you! Sorry to hear that Linda has moved. Good 3D friends are hard to find. Actually I guess that goes for cyberfriends too!

My walking buddy has called it quits . She says she needs a break, that she's getting up every morning at 6 am and she's still gaining weight and she needs to come up with a new plan. So I guess that I'll have to take my 4 legged friend walking instead. At least he's available after work instead of 6 am in the dark.

I still have a headache. Bleeeh.
Old 10-17-2001, 07:53 PM   #8  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Lush-baby!

Wow, dating a football player, how ... normal! I never dated anyone normal, myself. I have no clue what to expect when DD actually gets into the boy thing in a big way. I am definitely not prepared.

Sorry to hear about your friend moving away. Had that happen to me just recently too.

Wabby, I get migraines from red wine and strong beer. Very predictable (although I actually avoid these now, surprisingly ). But I also get them on a charmingly monthly basis too. Peaches has a cure she swears by, but I can't remember what it is. Some herb. Or maybe herbie.

I sent Monique some remedies to her backyard mole problem. I figured it was the least I could do after getting to read all her dirt.

Kiwi
Old 10-18-2001, 10:18 AM   #9  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default dirty cat story

He's on his way via Delta.

I want you to know that I can't post more because Herbie's computer is so annoyingly old and slow that I can't even wait til it shuts down. I turn it off. I can't bear it.

Really glad about Kiwi's friend and all the doggies and Lush's new life complications. Boyfriend? Does she still have baby teeth?

Love youse alls.
Old 10-18-2001, 04:55 PM   #10  
fatter than U

Talking take my parents.......please!

With my eyelids propped up by toothpicks I am writing this short note to let you cows know that I am still (barely) alive and kicking. Having visitors is exhausting. You should see my house.

Lushy! You came back! How far away did Linda move? Just hope that no nutbags move into her old house.

Who's Monique and where can I read about her moles?

I get headaches from just about everything. In fact, I have one right now, along with a strange blubbering feeling in my ears. yuk.

Tried to make chili last night with that texturized vegetable protein stuff. Ukukyikyikyikbleh! It was awful. Tofu is dead, long live ground round!!

Off to get my beauty sleep. I never dated a football player either, did I miss something?
Old 10-18-2001, 07:53 PM   #11  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default hello tanks and tarts

remember those big girls who wore the thongs???What were their names????I miss hearing about their pannies.OH and remember Period Sponges????GEEEEEEZZZZ----and poor old Dusty---REMEMBER WHEN THE INTERNET WAS FUN AND LUSHIE WAS ADDICTED TO US,AND MESSIES???????what a bunch of bores you all are----HAHAHAHAHA -----YEAH YEAH---i AM INCLUDING MYSELF IN THIS.SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-----I have been counting points lately Wabby,and I must say it is alarming how few points and how little food one gets.you must practically starve to lose a pound a month.I wish youse all were here to walk with me-----leave your OLD dawgs at home though-----poor old souls----you know how I love the YOUNG dogs------this place is a zoooooo----so much to dooooooo----just had to say hell0oooooooo------glad that peachers is having cat problems---and I hope if Lushie's old man gets the computer going,she gets rate addicted AGAIN!!! xoxoxoxo cows---love yas-------Hi Kiwonk!!Hi peachbuns!!!POOOOR Sugar!!!EAt up Wabby----love you lushbag!!!! xoxoxoxoxo
Old 10-19-2001, 01:45 PM   #12  

Default I married the football player

How could I resist him? He was such a hunk in those tight football pants. Watch out, Lushy, I hate to tell you how those football players get the hormones flowing.

Bagzie, you're right. We are boring. We need you to hang around more. You're not boring. You're so very entertaining. And I mean that in a good way, dearie.

Strange blubbering feeling in your ears???? Poor Sugar! How much longer are the parents visiting? Those old folks are even more exhausting than old dogs.

Peachy, hope your kitties flight goes well. Did they de-claw him before he was allowed to board? sorry. that was not funny.
Old 10-19-2001, 06:02 PM   #13  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Well, I for one

don't believe for a second that Peaches sent a cat on an airplane. How would you fasten its seatbelt? Do they offer feline dinners? Does it know how to use an airplane bathroom?

Hi Sugar, I hope you survive this joyous family visit. My parents were only around for a weekend and stayed in a hotel. I think that was the optimum way to have parents visit. You'll need a transfusion and ulcer meds and something for that twitch by the time they leave. Dears that they are, of course.

Bags, where have you beeen? Yes, I will go walking with you, but I am more at the pace of an old dog, quite frankly. I know you, hiking up and down hills, it's frightening.

How could you consider that TVP stuff, Sug? Your parents put you up to it? I can't bring myself to eat anything that has such an onerous name that it must be referred to by initials.

You know, you're right Bagz, it is a bit boring without the period sponge lady here. And June and Dusty. We could set this up as more of a group that sounds official if you want to attract all and sundry. Although I think it's very tactful of all the 3fcs to leave us in peace, much as you would tiptoe around the sleeping madman on the street.

tata, cowbabies

Kiwi
Old 10-19-2001, 07:11 PM   #14  

Default Springtime garden

This is a photo of my springtime yard that I just got developed. I'll try to attach it, this is the second try, so here goes....
Old 10-19-2001, 07:13 PM   #15  

Default Springtime in Oregon

OK this is my third try at posting a photo of my yard in June. I finally got them developed. Here is picture #1.....
Closed Thread