Lo Carb Support #5

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Hello my fellow Warriors, as you know by now I have spells of sleep difficulties and this past two weeks has been a VERY bad sleep time but I slept like a normal human last night so once again I think I am back on track in the sleep department. My system is so delicate for some reason and when I don't sleep I dont lose weight .Why? I don't know. So while I did check to see I discovered I haven't lost a lb. so far this week.It doesn't thrill me but it is typical for these circumstances when they occur. Thank Heaven it isn't to often. Mom had a bad time last night as my sleep patterns have been so off and I have not kept on her for three day's about her pills. She didn't take them and her swelling, stomach and back pain is severe. She has alway's been so independant but I had a talk with her today and told her she alway's took care of me now it's my turn to care for her in the same way. She replied I guess I need to be taken care of. We hugged and I am going to see she eats correctly and gets her pills on time. My hubby massaged her back last night for an hour to ease her pain and I made her oatmeal and take her pills this morning. I am so happy we have made this agreement. God knows she is a great Mom and I can now thank her in a very real way. October is a difficult month for me anyway and as the 19th approaches my daughter Alex is ever on my mind. She would have been 16 this Birthday. I am not depressed or anything but it isn't my favorite month. Just kind of bitter sweet. December I love even though Daddy died on the 8th. He hated to die before Christmas but the cancer got the best of him. Dad and I love Christmas...always. I can't wait to put up the tree and the lights!!!! I have been OP since I started and a funnt thing has occurred. I do not have much of an appetite. My stomach seems to have shrunk a lot which is a good thing!!!!!! I am using the shakes during the evening and eating in the mornings. By the way my Dears....I posted pictures on the 100 lbs club if you want to put a face to the name. I posted two , our wedding pictures with me at 289 lbs and a current one with my Sister, Mom, and Great niece at my starting weight of 338. 32 lbs ago. As Sue knows my water intake has dropped due to a physical problem but I am still sipping at least 64 to 100 ozs. Depending on what my stomach will take. For about three day's I was lucky to get in 36 oz's but I have a system now and so far so good!!!!

Lee...I hope you are ok and doing well.

Susie Q. .... Thanks for the advise I am following through! I will be fine. The ab is sore but better. The potassium Hubby is getting today!!!! and the other trace minerals as well. I hope you are over that bug!!!!

Butterfly ...busy can be helpful, it sure cuts down on the time to eat LOL! Hurry back we will miss you.

Hopeful...it is true you know, necessity is the Mother of
    invention!!! Glad you had time with your son. It means so much!

Pat..... I tell you the mental battles are the grounds on which you win or lose. They really are the hardest battles to fight but once you get hold of the sucker , you can't help but win. Mind you the old body will throw every challenge in the world at you to test your hold...don't I know!!!!!!

So fellow warriors I am going to crochet a while and then fix dinner for the family and clean up the kitchen after all I have my exercising to do this evening. I have done one set this morning!
    How about that!!!!
    Love ,
    Pam
  • HELLO
    HI ALL!!!!

Gosh, Ive missed you all here......I just havent had time to sit and post, but things seem to be slowing down a bit now....

glad to see everyone is still OP and doing great!!!! I, however, must have got stuck in the rear of the bus or else in the bathroom.... I just havent been doing all that great....

Last week I started exercising, made it thru 3 days, the TOM came, ( I didnt have one in Sept) so this one made up for it, GEEZ I felt terrible, I am just now starting to feel normal again..... OH LORD< PLEASE IN MY NEXT LIFE, LET ME COME BACK A MAN

ANYHOO,
  • HELLO
    HI ALL!!!!

Gosh, Ive missed you all here......I just havent had time to sit and post, but things seem to be slowing down a bit now....

glad to see everyone is still OP and doing great!!!! I, however, must have got stuck in the rear of the bus or else in the bathroom.... I just havent been doing all that great....

Last week I started exercising, made it thru 3 days, the TOM came, ( I didnt have one in Sept) so this one made up for it, GEEZ I felt terrible, I am just now starting to feel normal again..... OH LORD< PLEASE IN MY NEXT LIFE, LET ME COME BACK A MAN

ANYHOO, Im back now and eager to pick up where I left off....

I will check in later this week......take care
  • Hello Friends!

Wednesday........and busy day! Went swimming last night. Did laps (at my own pace) for 40 minutes! I felt it this morning! Exercise is soooooo important if I want to continue to lose. Weigh in day is Friday! Don't forget. I am staying away from the grocery store so that I can not buy my weakness....peanuts! I eat the unsalted ones in the shell and can "overdo" it sometimes with them! So, much like an alcoholic....no peanuts for me!

I sure has been quiet here! Hope everyone is staying on plan! Glad to hear from you tornado terri. Your seat is reserved.......stay on plan and get to goal! The bus is rolling!

Hello to you all! Take care!
    Dana (Always HOPEFUL!)
  • Hey it is so great to see all here i do miss lee though!! and joanne but i see everyone else!!!

I am doing great. I have had my last meeting for a while but now i have to submit my idea to the state to get apporval ne that done i do not have to look for a job!!! and can concentrate on my business solely!1 they have an absoutly wonderful help here in NY for that.so i will be here to post tomorow as i am so tired i need to get to sleep

I will say that i have been doing great except for today i did eat cake and cupcakes as it was DD's 13'th and i splurged and will be back OP tomorow, i will admit that the cupcakes were good but a bit dry and the frosting was not the kind i love so it will not be bad to pass that up and the cake?? well i did not eat all my piece if that will tell you what i thought of it!!! So it is back to PPWAV tomorow. hold on the bus is reving up!!!!

i will try for individuals tomorow/
  • Good Morning All,

I have been suffering from TOM, a recurrent sinus infection and the blahs. Been so so OP.
    This may sound like a stupid question but w/ winter looming it seems that DH and I are craving carbs and we are wondering if it's the body getting ready for winter. Anyone else experiencing this or is it referenced in the atkins book?
    Or if it is just my bodies reaction to the infection. I seem to be craving carbs wicked. I know that diabetics blood sugars get high when they are ill. which if this is teh case would cause my carb craving to go up. Hey Sue what do you think?

I have w/o'd daily
    I am under my water requirment
    Carbs were awful yesterday.

But today is a new day .

I want to take a minute a tell you all how much I cherish this board and all of you . I get so much support here. I never feel that I would be judged when I post that things could be better.

ANy way,

Sue I am glad to hear that one part of your new journey is winding down. You sound so excited!! It is wonderful. Glad to see your post I missed you but knew things were hectic

Dana!! My co-workers and I are planning on using our local pool. They also offer water arobics. I am menatlly focused today. Friday weigh in's help me ( well menatlly anyway)

Terri- Hi girl, I am so glad to see you

B00- How are you doing? I hope all is going well and you'll be able to check in soon. I will find that recipe.

Pam How are you doing? I loved your pictures!!! You are one attractive lady!!

Lee?

Hello everyone else

I am off to have an OP day!!! No matter what
  • Hello Princesses!!!

I've had difficult times with my back lately...the weather has been changing in various degrees, and I've been overdoing things like cleaning house. I must be nuts!!! BUT I have still been OP!!!

Obviously with the back pain, I haven't been able to sleep, and we know that we need to rest our bodies so that we can lose the weight. For some reason, we retain water when we are sleep deprived...our bodies don't have the chance to revive and work properly if we are not rested and/or under stress.

With having to take so much of my meds, I have been staying away from Mr. Scale...I'm sure he's a real turd!!! LOL I haven't given up on this program, though...it is my life changing program, and I know that I will be svelte and (more) beautiful again.

My in-laws are finally back in town and I am looking forward to seeing them this sunday. I didn't have any clothes that fit me (everything I have hangs on me, and I refuse to buy anything until I lose all my weight. Thank goodness I rarely go anywhere that I need to be dressed up...this IS Florida, after all. Anyway, I have a (new) friend with whom I have been fortunate enough to exchange clothes. She's in my bigger size, and I can fit into her smaller clothes. I'm looking forward to trying on a few outfits that she is bringing over later this morning. I want to look especially nice for our visit to the in-laws.

I cherish and have missed you all so very much. I'm so proud of each and every one of you. You all have been such a source of strength for me. I had really fallen apart this last month or so, but I am quickly reviving. Life is good for me, and I am blessed to have each and every one of you in my life.

Stay strong, stay OP, and quit that cheating (Sue!!! Pat!!!). Excuses don't work...you sabotage all the good work you have done. Take it 5 minutes at a time when you think about cheating. Say that you can wait 5 minutes for those extra carbs, and then 5 minutes more, and 5 minutes more until you talk yourself out of it. Drink some hot water or hot tea with just a little sweetener in it. The warm liquid and little bit of sweetener will trick your body into thinking it has had those carbs that you and maybe your body thinks it needs.

We all have our own goals other than our programs...if we don't follow through with this program, then how do we think we can accomplish our other goals??? You have to take care of you!!! You aren't being deprived if you can't have some OFF PROGRAM FOODS to eat...you are depriving yourself of reaching your goal and feeling better about yourself. Is that what you really want to do???

I am attaching a picture of myself 50 pounds ago. I'm the one with the dark hair (it's blond now).

Love and strength to you all,

Lee
  • Hmmm...it didn't attach...let me try again!
  • Gosh Lee,
    It is so good to put a face to my friend. What a lovely lady and as sweet to look at as you are to talk to. Now that's saying something!!! I post a couple of pictures under pictures in the 100 lbs club so you can see my face if you like. Everyone was so sweet. I only hope 9 years later I can look half as good as I did when we got married. Age can bite hard sometimes, hopefully not too hard!!! I held my age well for a long time but now ..LOL who knows!
    I hope you are feeling a lot better...Lee we have all missed you so much.
    I am Op and doing ok. Busy lately believe it or not. I have been cooking quite a lot. I made 18 restuffed potatoes for the freezer.
    that's 36 half potatoes frozen and ready for quick and easy side dishes.
    1 Large pot of French onion soup in Hubby and Mom size servings
    1 large pot of spaghetti sauce in serving sizes
    two bacon and cheese quiches
    cut up and froze 8 lbs of sweet potatoes for pies
    and made three loaves of bread dough all for the freezer
    to make life easy on those day's when cooking is not how I want to spend my day!
    I have restarted and old tradition I used to have when losing weight. Every evening I take a really beautiful tea pot and a fancy french tea cup place them on a beautiful serving tray and have green tea. A delight to the eye as well as good health and taste. I have all kinds of herbal teas to serve myself in style and beauty. It is so luxurious!!!
    Love you all. Don't cheat yourselves out of your goals you deserve better.
    God Bless,
    Pam
  • PAT- About the carb cravings...
    I just saw on the news that America's food habits have changed since the Sept. 11th Tragedy......why carb intake has increased markedly. It seems that carbs increase the seretonin (not spelled correctly) from the brain and causes a calming, ie: comfort to ease the stress and emotions in general. I would assume it would be easy to fix by supplementing the seretonin. It is easy to come by and a great idea to take if the desire for carbs becomes a challenge to your success. Now how about that!!!
    Pam
  • Thursday night.........and a busy day for me today!

Work was crazy like every other day! Hubby and I went shopping then out to dinner. Steak, salad and steamed veggies. It was maaaaaaaarvelous!

I put up the weigh in thread for tomorrow! Make sure you all check in! I hope the extra exercise this week payed off for me! (And staying away from the peanuts!) Mr. Scale better be nice to me or he may find himself being hurled out the bathroom window!

Nice pic paula. I also enjoyed gbo's on the 100 site. I hope we can all get photos up soon. I have not had a picture taken of me in some time. I am sure I can find one of me at my heaviest weight to put up and I will try to get one of me now and see if I can get someone to put them up as I do not have the equipment.

Well.......my pajamas are yelling my name!

See you all tmorrow!
  • Good Morning all,

Had a great OP day yesterday. Water, food and exercise. Better attitude too! I got a call from a emplyer that I had to turn down a month ago to call him today. I am very excited as the only reason I turned the job down was the wage. SO that could be a good thing. I wore a pair of size 22 pants yesterday that I haven't worn in many years. I am very excited about this. I am so looking forward to being a size 20, And since I don't own any size 20 clohes they will be new and shiny. I don't remenber the last time I wasa size 20 probably 20 years agoLOL. I hope to be this by the x-mas holidays.

Lee I am so glad dto hear your words of wisdom!!! It is just what I needed to hear. You'r absolultly right. I wasn't winning my mental battle at all. Lee I loved your pictures!! I need to do a before and current one too.

Dana, You are the OP Queen!! WHat size are you wearing now? You have done so well!!!

Pam you cooking fool!!!! My goodness girl you worked your butt off in that kitchen. I love your "eveningtea" ritual. I have read that 2 cups of greentea daily will boost your meatbolsm as well as vinegar. I have been having a mug every evening. But I have some lovely tea cup sets . It would be so nuturing.
    Thanks for the crab insight. It is a very good point

Sue My nutrition counsleor how was your day?

Terri, B00 Good morning,
    I am taking Lee's words with me and off to the "room" for my w/o.
  • Hey All!

Friday = WEIGH IN DAY I posted at the thread with a 1 pound loss for a total of 38 since June 15. I should re-name myself "1_HOPEFUL" because it seems that 1 pound per week is all Mr. Scale is allowing me! I am not complaining becuase the scale is going in the LEFT direction.....but....I have been on plan SOOOOOOOO strict....that you would think a 2 or 3 would come off once in a while!

fralick......Congrats on the size 20! To answer your question...I am now in an 18. (I started off in a size 22) I get AMAZED when I can zip a pair of pants that I could not pull up over my butt before! LOL

nasus....I hope you are doing well and find time to post soon. I KNOW you will have a loss this week, babe! Let us hear from you!!!!!

paula.......Great pic! Glad to see you posting! Are you doing Atkins or Low Carb in general? Also, how much have you taken off so far and when did you start? I get such encouragement from everyone here. Please update! I am very glad you are doing better. (I was worried when I did not see you on very much!)

gbo...you cooking MANIAC!!! LOL Great "words of wisdom" concerning carb cravings and the Sept. 11 connection. We have to FIGHT those cravings as you said! Congrats on the 35 pound total so far! I truly hope you achieve your Thanksgiving goal! But, Thanksgiving or not...........we WILL ALL REACH OUR GOALS!!!!! We deserve it!

butterfly..........sorry you have such a nutty schedule right now! We need to get you posting more regular here! The bus is heading toward goal....and your seat is reserved! Let us know how you are! (Glad to hear the pants fit. It is a pant celebration here this week!)

terri........we need to hear from you more! Come on girl! The bus is toooo quiet! Start posting! I know you are staying on plan....I just KNOW it! You want this too bad to give up! Take a few minutes to check in!

LURKERS...........YOU ARE OUT THERE! I see how many people log on to this thread! PLEASE oh PLEASE join us! Everyone here is friendly and want to shed these fat suits! There is lots of room on our BUS TO GOAL. Please feel free to join us any time!

My name is Dana.....(ALWAYS HOPEFUL!!!)
  • Morning my Darlin's... I made stuffed chicken breasts with the filling being sausage(pre-cooked) three kinds of cheese bacon crumbled,ham slice and wrapped in chicken and that wrapped in bacon MMMMMMmmmm good and my friend came out and brought a legal spinach casserole (no flour) boy what a great meal we had and all legal!!!! Everyone enjoyed it.
    Simba was hollering all night , I don't know why. She behaved so strange all night . Needless to say as tired as I was I could not sleep. It seemed she needed so much comforting. I had a bad feeling. Ah well. It is just another case of something I have no control over so all I have to do is cope and I think I am doing quite well. I am happy to say I have been OP since I began about 6 weeks ago and I am really proud of myself for that. I never dreamed a year ago that I could do it.It took me so many years but at last I have my head on straight and have sorted it all out.
    I wish I had been wise enough to do it oh so many years ago but at least I did. the weight has moved a lot slower than it used to and I had a problem with that at first but now I am just glad to see it go. Life is good.

Pat , I thank you for thinking I don't look my age, I hope to look younger again as my weight drops.
    When we got married I thought I carried my age well but now ....
    well I think it shows a lot more. Hopefully I will regain a bit more of a youthful appearance along with trimming down. More importantly , I am beginning to feel like myself again and feel almost pretty. Not quite there yet but almost. I do feel much more feminine again. I need to get some dental care along the way too.
    Now it all matters to me again. That is a very good thing!!!!
    Your kind words about the pics were so nice.I will suceed and get below 300 by Halloween!!!!
    Jennifer your kind words and comments meant a lot I hope to grow younger, healther, and much more mobile!!!!

My Mom made a great outfit for me to wear in this life and I messed it up but I am busy fixing it, finally!!!!
    My exercise is going pretty well but the day of the "cooking" It was exhausting and the cooking was my exercise for the day. So far I have managed 20 minutes a day but I think I will increase it by 10 minutes this week.
    I can almost wear a size 24 jeans and considering I was wearing a 28 to 30 that thrills me!!!! I guess I am lossing inches!!!!
    So my Dear Ones for now I will go and You all I have duct tape out for everyone so if you feel someone taping you in ...it's me!
    Please don't cheat yourselves out of your goals, dreams and so deserved freedom from the prison we call fat suit. The food will always be there and the time will come when we can eat those things from time to time and wisely, in the mean time ...don't give in (give up). You deserve so much more for yourselves we all do.
    Love ,
    Pam
  • Where are you all hiding??? I'm still OP. Life is still good, too. I'm enjoying this wagon ride.

Dana: I am still doing my own version of the Atkins program...induction phase. I've been on this program for almost 4 months, and have lost just 50 pounds (not counting all the 10#'s I had to loose because of meds and/or allergies). I know how tickled you must be having lost 38 pounds and wearing the smaller size clothes. I'm delighted for you! I was wearing a very tight 22W (should have been in 24W's) and am now down to a loose 16W.

Pam: I can't imagine doing all that cooking. I cook what I absolutely HAVE to cook. More often than not, it is hubby who does the cooking. You're a good person to do all that.

I am so proud for your resolve in keeping with the program and getting into your smaller clothes, too. Before you know it, this way of eating will be just ho-hum stuff. You had to eat before...you now just make different choices.

I pray that the furry ones are doing well, my friend.

Pat: You will be in that size 20 before you know it!!! The longer you stay OP, the less the cravings. I occasionally have them, but I also want a new couch. Is there any difference? I cannot have either right now.

I will be needing a new wardrobe myself before long. I wish we were all able to get together to go shopping for new clothes. Wouldn't it just be a hoot??? I gave away all my big girl clothes just recently...what a trip!!!

Sue: I'm missing you, friend. You are always in my thoughts and prayers (all of you are). Hang onto that wagon, babe!!! You can do this!!! I WILL smack your hands if you cheat. Heck, I'll tie them down too!!!

Terri: You need to come back here for support. Falling off the wagon is not a reason to stay away. I'll tie you up too if that's what you need!!!

Boo: I hope you're hanging on too. I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Hang in there, my precious friends.

Love to all,

Lee