3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Home of the Loozing Floozies, #08 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/101068-home-loozing-floozies-08-a.html)

4myloves 01-03-2007 09:11 AM

Home of the Loozing Floozies, #08

Here at McSkinneys, our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches. We must keep those Loozing Floozies losing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies. Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas. We would love to have you!!!

:welcome:

4myloves 01-03-2007 09:14 AM

I'll try to post a poll with the next thread.

As I said, I'm brain-dead this morning.

I hope everyone enjoyed ringing in the New Year. Stewart and I went to bed early (he bought alcohol and I got a buzz like I haven't had since I was in college!!).

Vogue, I'm glad to hear FUZZ is doing well. I'll bet he's a cutie--post a pic? Great about the MP3 player. I wish I'd known you were saving the codes, I threw away a ton of them.

Allison, I thought of you when President Ford's funeral procession was in CA. Your weather looks better than mine (and Gayle's!).

Dee, have fun deciding on the new car!!

Hello to Suzy, Janice, Debbi, Shelley and Sherry :wave:

gdeann 01-03-2007 09:21 AM

Allison, congrats to Dana for passing her test! I bet she is thrilled!

Janice, happy to see you here posting. Don't worry about the weight gain, just get right back on track and you will be fine. How are you feeling with your joint pain?

Sher, glad to see you back again! How is Drew?

Cheryl, thank you for being concerned sweetie. We survived the storm in better shape then most. My brother who lives on a farm will be without electricity/water for about 3 weeks. Thank goodness he has a few windmills for the cattle.

Dee, you live such a calm, relaxing life...may I join you? LOL!

Shelley, how are you enjoying the new bike?

Suzy, GREAT JOB STAYING OP!

We pooled some Christmas money together and purchased the Gazelle Edge from Walmart. It is a smaller version of the Gazelle Elite but it will work just fine for us. I think it is a pretty decent piece of exercise equipment for the $100.00. I know today I have a few tender areas, so it must be doing a little bit of good on this out of shape bod.

Well, I need to head out, just wanted to check in and let you know we survived the storm and I should be posting on a regular basis now.

alinnell 01-03-2007 10:06 AM

Good morning everyone!!!

Dana walks around with a smirk--I'm so happy she is happy. She even came home last yesterday and arranged with a friend to go to the gym. She says she gained 15 pounds for my 8 since Thanksgiving. I don't know if that is true or not, but at least she isn't discouraged and is doing something about it.

It was such a great morning! Dana thinks I'm crazy for not sleeping in now that I have a free hour in the morning. Instead, I got up and exercised for over 30 minutes!!! I got my ipod back from Dana (she bought her own with Xmas money) and I had tunes while I worked out. The dog still gets funny when I get on the floor for my sit-ups!

DS (Nicky) even got to sleep in this morning and we had breakfast together. Now I have half an hour to myself before taking him to school and myself to work.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!

Cheryl, hope your brain wakes up!!

Gayle, glad to hear you weathered the storm!

Janice, I'm cold a lot too, especially when I don't have my glass of wine each evening (so that means I'm going to be cold this month!!!) Some people think it's an iron deficiency. I don't know myself. And the temporary warmth from the cayenne (I drank it in water--not in a pill) didn't last for more than 5 minutes. I don't know if it would warm up your DD.

Thanks everyone for the cheers for Dana!

vouge09 01-03-2007 04:38 PM

4 myself- Fuzz is so funny today he made this weird face where he crossed his eyes and his mouth was hung open then he sneezed haha. I was all excited thinking the mp3 was coming today when its not coming till the 10th cause of the holidays . oh poo! stupid ground shipping. oh well. I hope the hangovers ok haha.

allison- thats great about the test im so worried about failing mine on the 20th! You know when I put on a pair of socks my dog runs around jumps in circles and goes insane thinking hes going for a walk but I will just be putting on shoes. My dog when I do sit ups he licks my face , sometimes he sits on me, granted hes not a lapdog contrary to what he thinks hes almost 200 lbs . hes german shepard and soem other breeed hes hug so when he sits on me I wanna die! This dog has a mind of his own he thinks hes a chiuaua I swear.

gayle- I almost bougth that once cause I love eliptical but i was afarid it didn't have enough resistance how do you like it?

Has anyone put out theri goals? I think when you say resolutuions your doomed to fail but when its a goal its nicer to say . Nothing much going on here same old same old. I got this cardio dance dvd , I have been doing everyday which reminds me .... Does anyone know any workouts to melt off belly fat? I have belly fat and i know under it I have to have some nice abs the about of crunches and ab work I do but the stupid belly is in the way. any suggestions? Oh and if everyone wouldnt mind lets share what kind of diet we are on cause as much as I love the low carb life style I was just considering to going to a low calorie diet ,and I was just wondering. With low caloires its poisible for me to burn more calories than I eat cause I have done it befroe but I was just curious.

and ive realized soemthing. When i get hungry is when I lose my motivation and end up eating one cookie then going oh there goes my diet . I need to eat healthy foods when I am hungry and then I will be ok.

coles 01-03-2007 08:37 PM

Amy I think you are on the right track. I did low carb for a while but it is so limited and one little thing ruins all your work for the day.
I am doing weight watchers again, it works and each person has different things they enjoy. You just counts your points each day. You soon learn what is low and you can eat lots of low point foods.

SuzyMc 01-03-2007 09:28 PM

My DIL had her ultrasound today and yes...it's another girl! That will make three granddaughters for us. Poor Shawn...I just can't imagine him living with four women! :lol:

Vouge ~ My goal for the new year is to reach my goal weight by the time summer gets here and lay on the beach on the fourth of July in a red, white and blue bikini just like Dee's! ;)

I count calories and keep a close watch on portion sizes...it seems to work best for me. I also just started journaling again at the first of the year. I write down everything I eat and how many calories...it really helps keep things in perspective when you have a running total of how much you have eaten!

Stay away from the cookies! Try making out a list of snacks that are under 100 calories and then eat something from the list instead of grabbing a handful of cookies! (If you Google "snacks under 100 calories" you will find lots of lists online!)

Allison ~ I wish I had ambition enough to get up early and exercise every morning. I'm not a morning person though...I just can't see myself walking on the treadmill at 7am and not breaking my neck! :lol:

Gayle ~ Enjoy that Gazelle! I'd say anything that motivates you to move is a good thing!

Lynneye 01-04-2007 02:15 AM

Suzy, congrats on baby girl number 3! Three little girls, how special!

Vouge, the biggie for me is having easy snacks to grab when I am hungry. I try to always have carrot sticks, and little 100 calorie pack snacks on hand so I can just grab them. If I am hungry and have to make something, then I grab the cookies too. If the snack is already made, I am ok. One thing I love and always have on hand is sugar free/fat free puddings. They are always made and in the fridge in little cups ready to grab.

Allison, I envy anyone who can get up and exercise. I have to be up for a bit of time before I can eat or do anything. It really takes me some time to start my day!

Gayle, glad you survived the storm! Sounds like it was a bad one. We still have not had winter and there is no winter in sight either! For this snowlover, I HATE it! I heard today, on Jan. 26 we will have broke records for going the longest time with no snow in this area! Not a record I am happy to break!

Rob and I are looking into buying a treadmill. I really think I would use it. We are comparing features and deciding which features we need. With him being diabetic, and I need to lose weight, we really think it would be a good investment.

vouge09 01-04-2007 10:36 AM

coles- I wish weight watchers was free but I dont have any money for that , yeah thats the only things thats hard about lo carb , is if you eat a peice of rbead there goes the diet.

suzy- my goal is by june I want to buy a yellow polka dot bikini that would be great . lala she wore an itsy bitsy tennie weenie yellow polka dot bikini !! haha How effective is the caloire counting like how much weight do oyu lose a month? with atkins I lose 10-sometimes 20 lbs a month. so it kinda works for me but its difficult. a little girl thats great! my sister was talking about having a girl and im like you just had one 2 months ago dont go britney on me! and she was like no in like 5 years I hope I have a girl . Im like ooo ok!haha

Lynn- Thanks . yeah i have seen thos sugar free thingys . I am considering mabey the low calorie thing when I start to maintain more than loose. I dont wanna live forever low carb but I am definatly doing it just for weight loss and then I am going to become a veggitarian. I feel bad about the meat I eat .;-( . A tredmil sounds nice. Once i start work now I am going to join the ymca and go there at 5 before school when I can drive. I already get up then to workout anyways.

gdeann 01-04-2007 11:05 AM

Suzy, congrats on the new baby girl news!!! When is she due?? I like your suggestion of having low cal snacks ready to grab & go, I will be doing a search on the web for some healthful suggestions.

Cheryl, got a little tipsy the other night, huh? LOL! Those Capecodders will do it to you everytime! Enjoy your classes but try not to do too much, ok?

Deb, we have a treadmill which is now at my mothers since her heart attack. If you stay faithful to it, you will see great results. She hops on the thing everyday and has dropped weight plus her cholestrol has lowered into the almost safe range. This is from someone who never could get her cholestrol to drop before. I know exercise has to be the key to the lower level.

Vouge, low calorie will not have the huge weight loss that you will with low carb but on the other hand, you can eat anything you want as long as you stay within calorie range and you won't instantly gain your weight back if you go off plan. If you look at anyone doing a low calorie diet, you will see they are steadily losing, they don't have the regain track record and they are more consistant in staying on plan. WW's is still a low calorie diet, just using points instead of calories to keep track. IMO, WW's & calorie counting is the way to go.

Well, I need to go! Chat later!

alinnell 01-04-2007 11:25 AM

Good morning all!

vogue--I'm an advocate of calories in vs calories out. However you may do it (atkins, low fat, etc.) as long as you cut your overall calories, you should lose weight. I also advocate low fat and whole foods. You get so much more nutrition from a well balanced meal than from a bag of doritos that are the same in calories! AND you don't get as hungry afterward!
And you'll do fine on your driver's test! Just be sure to read the signs and stay within the speed limit. One thing the testers told my DD--when you are in a neighborhood, glance down each street even if you have the right of way to make sure there aren't speeding cars or kids on bikes or skateboards. Also, when you pull into a turn lane, check behind you first to make sure no one is trying to beat you there. She got marked down on those two things, but they were minor.

Suzy--congrats on granddaughter #3! Both sets of my parents (my parents and my inlaws) have 3 granddaughters and 1 grandson. I'm the lucky one who gave them one of each!
I have to confess that I am a morning person! On the other hand, if you need anything done, you'd better not be asking me in the afternoon! I can get twice as much done in the morning than at any time after lunch. And, once dinner is over, expect to see me plunked down in front of the TV or reading my book! I might check my email, but that's about it.

Gayle--how are things at work? Hope everything is looking up. I hope your friend is doing okay also.

Janice--good luck with WW. I've never done it myself, but I have a lot of friends who have had good results with it.

Debbi--good luck choosing a treadmill. I have a Nordic Track that I've had for about 15 years or so. For most of the time I've had it, it gathered dust. I used it faithfully after DS was born 12 years ago and I lost a lot of weight and looked good muscularly. But I fell off the wagon and it took me until just a few weeks ago to get back on the thing! If I were to buy a new piece of equipment, I think I'd be looking for an elliptical. I like the fact that you are doing something with your upper body as well (like my Nordic Track does). But at this point in time, I'll just stick with what I have.

Well, I guess I ought to get to work!!! LOL

vouge09 01-04-2007 01:22 PM

Thanks Gayle but I am kinda thinking I am going to stick with what works right now.

Allison- Thanks I will be sure to do that , I am good about aking my time adn checking things so I am not all too scared. I understand about the nutritious meals.

as much as I would like to be a journalist, after i get in shape and such I am really intrested in health so I think about being a nutritionist , I think thats something I am intresting , I wonder if anyone knows how much money a nutritionist makes? I should research that more.

I almost injured myself today. I think I over worked out. You know what ? I dont give a S*** what they say that you need 60 mins of cardio a day to lose weight f*** that! I worked out for 45 mins, I did my cardio dance dvd , and decided on well I will go for a 15 minute bike ride. I got on the bike and could feel my legs hurting so I rode home after 5 mins . Im thinking on so 50 isnt that bad whats 10 mins more ? So I start to sit on my pilaties ball and do some crunches for 10 mins when after about 5 im like man I need soem more water. ( I always stay hydrated I drink like 3 bottles of water between my workouts a day) so as Im pouring water I feel dizzy , my head is spinning, I feel like im about to pass out so I leave the water out and stumble to my room and lay down on the bed and I ended up passing out for around 20 mins when I finally awoke I realized what had happen. F*** that 60 mins! I should have ended at my 45 min workout . I dont care what they say , who is they and I would like to meet them and have them explain to me why! Thats ridciulous when i pass oout. a 16 year old teenager who is at a moderate workout level , ( I dont go out running , but I am in fairly good shape , im not a muscular superstar.) passes out due to their advice. well now I know my limits I guess. I am just infuriated.

on the other hand all my working out is starting to pay off . I have small defined line across my outer thigh which I know is a muscle now if I could only get those results on the inner thigh. Also my shoulders and defined and I have an arm muscle cruve. I also love that my chest bones pop out. I think its a thin feature.

alinnell 01-04-2007 01:34 PM

vogue--did you eat before your workout? Sounds to me like you were in need of either some carbs or protein to get you through your workout.

It does sound like your workouts are helping! Muscle definition is a great asset!

ShelleyM 01-05-2007 05:53 AM

Vogue-You need to work up to a longer workout. Don't do too much to quickly, it will only burn you out! You can even do 10 or 20 minutes a couple of times per day instead.

Suzy-Congratulations on the new baby girl to be!

Debbi-I wish I could afford to get an elliptical. I used to have a TM, but it just wasn't my thing. I love to run outdoors, and the TM was too restrictive for me. I think I would be able to cope with an elliptical though. Good luck on finding a TM.

Gayle-How is mom doing?

Sherry-What's going on with Drew? I don't think you mentioned what he is doing now.

I had my colonoscopy yesterday and had a pretty bad reaction to the drugs. When I got home, I threw up and couldn't even get down ice chips. I also kept coughing while I was laying down. I don't remember much, but I finally was up and about at 4:00. Thank goodness I still have a clean bill of health. I don't have to get another one for 2 years.

vouge09 01-05-2007 09:17 AM

I dont know what the problem was!!!! I had eaten like an hour before hand , I dont know but I do know I wont be working out for 60 minutes like that againg for a while. I think I have lost more than on my ticker I need a scale. Now that I have a job I swear I am going to buy one with my first check.

aww shelly that sucks hope you feel better soon so you can hop on that bike again.