Old 01-19-2007, 08:42 PM   #76  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Hello My Gurlz!

What can I say, Noelle. Every once in a while I gotta break out my super powers

Angie- I'm so gald you are back And your vacation sounded quite interesting. I know one thing, racoons creep me out there would have been a different story if I came into contact with them. Love the pictures. The kids are getting so big. BTW, I'm taking Salsa and I'm having a blast!

Noelle- Congrats on your weigh in? I don't actually weigh in until day ten of this diet that I'm on. To keep myself from weighing I had to put my scale up in the closet. It's kind of a relief not weighing myself every single day like I do. But at the same time i want to know how I'm doing. By the way, the corset may have to wait a while. My BF reminded me that he works for a courier delivery company and that Valentines day is one of thier busiest days so we may have to celebrate it the day after. That sucks. I'm one of those super saps who wouldn't feel the same on the 15th. I know that's silly but I think I'm still young enough to be a brat about this

Karen- Lucky you having a birthday on V-day. One of my sister's b-day is on New Years Day, The other is Dec 29th and my older brother is april 1st. My birthday sometimes falls on election day but that's as cool as it gets. To be honest, my boyfriend is not terribly romantic either, he does it to keep me happy (in other words, in the mood ) but whatever works, right? He says that he doesn't understand why women need all that mushy stuff. I told him he doesn't need to understand it just do it! I actually envy your relationship. I'm hoping that my marriage will be successful and last as long as yours.

Sapphire- We must have posted at the same time because I missed yours the first time around. Welcome aboard! Good for you on deciding to do something about your health and take control. Men are wired differently than us women and sometimes say tings without realizing the effects . I'm sure he means well. Baby weight can be very difficult on the body. Your whole metabolism changes. But with determination and a little support from your new friends (us) we'll drop some pounds together. This is the year to do it! By the way, good luck with the snow that's coming. I hate hate hate snow. I hate winter too. I must really love new york to put up with this.

Okay- let's see if I can get lucky twice...I'm off to get Kempy
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:48 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi Dips, Well, our marriage is kind of strange---- We got married in 1970 and then we were divorced in 1982. During the time we were married we had two sons. While we were apart he married someone else and so did I. He moved to Ohio with his new wife and I moved to Kansas with my new hubby. But after a few years both of those marriages went kaput! I ended up calling him here in Colorado from Kansas and we started talking and he came and got me in 1982. Then we got remarried on New Years Eve in 1992. I know it's strange... So we just figure we took a little break from each other. Now we've been married for 14 years this time. I guess he wasn't so bad after all!! SNICKER!!!

We have "THREE" storms coming in this weekend!! I really am tired of Winter too! We still have 3 foot drifts out here! YUCK!
Karen
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 11:22 PM   #78  

I could've sworn I was just on here this morning and now all these posts.
I do keep busy during the week. Teaching is easy, it's the planning, grading, posting grades, parent calls, that keep me busy almost every night...plus I have to spend time with Ashley, and of course since she comes first everything else is done later and I'm so tired.
I'm still feeling a bit down. I did break down and weigh again and I'm down 4.6 lbs., but the funk is still there.
to Sapphire. I'm sure you will just love it here. These ladies are the best friends ever. I don't know what I'd do without them, and I don't ever want to find out.
I'm Carol (Cal) and I live in (usually) sunny Arizona. It's been quite cold here (cold for us that is . Today it rained and stayed cold...in the low 40's. I loved it. I'm a teacher; I teach 7th grade reading and writing. I love middle school and don't think I could ever go to the lower grades. I'm starting to countdown to retirement (9 years after this one). I'm married to an Italian man...he's from near Venice, Italy, and we have an 9y.o. daughter, Ashley. She's in 3rd grade. We travel quite a bit and spent 5 weeks last summer touring Europe and visiting hubby's relatives in Italy. We were also there for the World Cup and that was great.

Angie: So good to see you again. What awesome pics. The trials notwithstanding, it seems you had a great vacation. I do hope things work out for you soon. Along with Noelle, here's some

Noelle: Be sure to tell us all about the party. I can't believe Michael is 8 already. I can still picture him and Ashley with their swords at Disneyland.

Dips: I love reading your posts. You are so energized...I think it rubs off on me and makes me feel so much better. That Valentine card sounds great. I love it. I can't believe it's getting that close.

Karen: Take care during those storms. I can't imagine having snow like that. Of course, here people don't know what to do when the roads get a little damp...I don't know what they'd do if we ever got snow. Your girls are gorgeous; I love the pictures of them. Thank you for sharing them.

Have a great night and weekend everyone.
Kempy: Dips said she's going to go get you. Hope she finds you.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 11:32 PM   #79  

I almost forgot. I've started physical therapy today. I have to go 3x a week for 3-4 weeks. After that I should be back to normal. I didn't mind it today; it did hurt, but at the same time it felt pretty good...especially the whirlpool. What a great way to end a day!!!
Old 01-20-2007, 01:27 PM   #80  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Kempy, I was watching Trading Spouses last night and I didnt know the "god warrior" Lady was from your town. Do you know who she is?

Cal, How is your foot feeling now?

Karen, I hope those storms dont hit you guys too hard. We have been having really mild winters here in Maine for the last few years. I wont complain about that because I hate the snow. I have always wanted to visit Colorado...maybe someday. The pics I have seen are so pretty.

Dips, The racoons themselves were okay but when they would fight with each other or come right up to us for marshmallows was what freaked me out. We got used to them by the end of the week and now I miss them. They were alot smaller than the ones we see up here.

I am making a special supper tonight just because. We are having bacon wrapped scallops pan seared, filet mignon with peppers,onions and mushrooms, loaded mashed potatoes with pepper bacon and cheddar cheese and chocolate cake for dessert. It is a BAD BAD meal but we have all been wanting something good so I am going to make it and then I will make an effort this week to get back on track because I am so sick of losing and gaining and losing and gaining.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:06 PM   #81  

Well we finally made it down to Colorado Springs today. When we got up it was snowing lightly but we decided to go ahead and go since there is a 2nd and 3rd storm coming in this weekend. I bought the Walk Away the Pounds DVD. I was hoping to find the beginner one but could only find the one that has the Muscle Mile One, Walk Strong and 30 Minute Walk. I have a "Walk Aerobics" VHS that I have had for a long time. It is by "Leslie Tommelleo" and I compared the two pictures of her and I think it is the same person. Anyway, I am anxious to look at the DVD and see if I can't add that to what I'm already doing.
Well, just wanted to stop in and say HI!! Guess I'll go in and watch some tv with the hubby. Catch you later. Karen
Old 01-21-2007, 01:33 AM   #82  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hi ladies, boy I am beat!!! I woke up around 5 this morning and have been pretty much running around non-stop til now. I made all the goody bags, my sis and i painted and arranged the Pokemon backboard we are going to use as a go-fish type of game to win prizes and to take pictures of the kids w/their favorite Pokemon, went and did some final shopping on party food.... I am planning on being at the park around 8:30 or 9 a.m. tomorrow to blow up ballons and decorate the tent area. It will be a crazy but fun day and I wouldn't have it any other way. I will try and shoot some pictures to share later on. Eating was erratic and not really well-planned. Breakfast was a biscuit ham & sandwich w/out cheese from BK (7 pts), lunch was a grilled chix cesar from McD's and dinner was some Dino chicken nuggets from my freezer Not much in the way of fruits or veggies but I did what I could on the fly. I am sooooooo tired i need to get some rest.

Karen, I think that is the same Leslie Tomelleo (sp) or Sansone. Don't know which name is from what year. Have fun w/the new workout.

Angie, I just wanted to add that I think it's wonderful you and Jay are planning a vacation together, you two really owe it to yourselves.

Well, I am really really tired, I'll chat more tomorrow evening if I have the strength
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:31 PM   #83  

Hi Noelle, I have been thinking about you and the birthday party, if it would have been here everyone would have had to been dressed in snow suits!! We have 18 degrees and it is snowing again. Right now there are winter storm warnings out until 11:00 tonight. I'll be watching for pics. from the birthday party.

Angie, Sorry you had to give up the little pom-- they can be kind of "snappy" I know my little Sissy is like that with my grandkids but I have just got a baby gate and I put it up at our bedroom door when they are here and tell them to leave the girls alone. Sissy was terribly abused before I got her and we;ve had her since December 16,2005 and she still won't let my hubby hold her or pet her--- unless he has food! The she will put her feet up on him just long enough to get the treat! My Ginger though pretty much loves everyone but still doesn't want to be to far from me. In fact, she likes to get on be tummy when I try to do the ab lounge! But I have to put her down after a couple because it jsut doesn't "crunch" as well when you have a 7 pound pom sitting on you!

Hi Trish, I talked to my sis wh lives in Webb City, MO and she sent pics of her church. The whole thing caved in this past Monday because of the weight of the ice. She said they had services today in the gym. I guess they had about an inch of new snow there this morning. But that is on top of the 2 inches of ice they still have on the roads.. Makes it pretty nasty back there.

Well, Just thought that I see what was going on with everyone before I start supper. I'll catch everyone later. Karen
Old 01-21-2007, 10:25 PM   #84  

I'm done for today...very busy.
You'll never believe it, but we had snow today. Mainly flurries, but still that is something that doesn't happen here. Our dog, Tucker, was watching it come down and following a few flakes...he didn't know what to think. It was fun to watch him. I called my neighbor and she didn't realize I was talking about it snowing in our neighborhood, but she finally went outside to see for herself. The news tonight said there was snow this morning as well, and they showed pictures. The snow level is down to 1000 ft and is supposed to be the same tonight, so we may have some more in the morning.
What a crazy winter!!!!!!!!!

Cal
Old 01-22-2007, 04:11 PM   #85  
so close, yet so far...

Good Monday morning ladies. I am so glad the weekend is over! It was a fun birthday party day yesterday at the park. We had beautiful sunny weather, but it was a bit humid. We had a little bit of delays with the BBQ grill but everything turned out fine. All the people who said they were coming did and all the kids had a blast. The only mishap was during the pinata (when else right?) one of the kids w/the stick in his hand didn't keep a hold of it while he was swinging and it went flying and it hit my 14 y.o. niece square on the head--she was sitting a good 25 feet away too. I'm so glad it didn't cause any serious injury like to the eyes or something! The kid had no idea he did it of course because he was blindfolded, but I had to stop the game for a while to make sure she was ok. She's a trooper through, and stayed through the party just applying ice. That was a freaky moment. Anyway, when I go into the office i will download some pics from the camera and see what I come up with.

Cal, I can't believe you guys had snow where you are! Are you loving the cold?

Karen, BRRRRRRR!!! 18 degrees is too cold for me! I'm sorry to hear about your sister's church. I hope no one was injured when it happened. God will provide right?

Anyway, I guess I better get a move on to my office, it's only past 11 a.m.

Have a good one ladies.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:39 PM   #86  
I believe in miracles

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

Hello ladies

I normally have hard time posting on the weekend because my hubby hogs the

Congratulations to Calnative and Noelle for the weight loss great job.

Karen I heard about your sisters church on the news, wow what a coincidence. Thats also what I do at my job. I'm an Operations manager for a General contractor that specializes in insurance restoration.
You guys in colorado just keep get dump on with these storms. Be careful and safe. At least you can be trapped in your house with your work out videos.

Hi Angie, and Dips

I start at the gym tonight I'm little excited I haven't been in awhile.
sapphire35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 05:26 PM   #87  

Hi Noelle, That must have been pretty scary about the stick and pinata! I'll bet the kid that threw it really felt bad even though they were blind folded! Sure glad no one was hurt. But it sounds like everyone had a good time I'll be watching for pictures..

No one was hurt in the church thank goodness.. Some of the ladies were in there working and called my sisters hubby and said the light fixtures were falling out of the sanctuary and they could hear the building creaking and wondered whay they should do..... he just said get everyone out NOW and they did. So that was good that no one got hurt.

I had a hard time getting to the treadmill today BUT I did it: My hubby was home for part of the morning using the snow blower to clear the driveway AGAIN!! But while he was doing that I did my 100 crunches on the ab lounge and then I just couldn't get motivated to go to the treadmill. Glad that I did now though. I still haven't watched the WATP dvd yet but will get that done too.

I usually only weigh on Fridays but decided to weigh this morning just because--- and I had lost 1 more pound over the weekend. That made me pretty happy. Think I'll just keep my ticker where it is and only change it on Fridays.

Well, guess I'll catch you all later this evening. Take care and enjoy the rest of your day.
Karen:
Old 01-22-2007, 05:44 PM   #88  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Hello My Ladies

It is so cold.

Karen I weep for you I couldn't handle your snow and cold. I shiver just thinking of it. (Don't we just wanna lock Noelle in an ice box for a few minutes?) Good job on getting back to the treadmil. And what an awesome story of you and your hubby once removed. True Love conquers all, right? I would celebrate both anniversaries if I were you

Sapphire- Way to go on getting back to the gym. Let us know how it went.

Cal- How 'bout that snow? You keep it for yourself, now cuz I don't want any.

Hey Noelle, There was a branch that fell near me and I thougjt it was from a tree, now I realize it was probably a kid trying to hit a pinata ( Yuck, Yuck, Yuck)

Hey Angie- Waiting anxiously for the pictures.

School starts back this week but I am having issues with Financial aid but what else is new I gotta get that squared away.
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:45 PM   #89  
so close, yet so far...

Dips i like cold weather, but I think 30 degrees is cold enough for me.

Here are a few pics of Michael's b-day party yesterday:
1) Me trying to light the cake with the wind blowing (I dunno if you can see my "nametag", but it has a picture of the Pokemon "Snorlax", Snorlax likes to eat and then sleep all day. . Michael is wearing the white hat.
2) Michael in front of his Pokemon board, we used this to take pictures of the kids plus used it for a fishpond game
3) Michael and his friends w/their goofy glasses, something he chose to put in their goody bags. nyuk nyuk nyuk.

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 01-22-2008 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:56 PM   #90  
so close, yet so far...

More pics
1) Friends in front of Pokemon board
2) My girlfriends 2 mo. old twins, aren't they sweet???
3) Michael's friend "fishing" for prizes. (notice the sun in their faces? It was HOT! That's my mom standing in the foreground, my sis in the green shirt and my oldest sis sitting on the left of my mom.

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 01-22-2008 at 06:33 PM.