Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 04:24 PM   #121  

diane, the mud riding sounds like fun! i quite often do things like a soup only day so it doesnt sound yuck at all.

tina, im not following a plan just reducing food intake and exercising. if i added up my calories it would be under a thousand per day so i should be losing.

tammy, wow you've lost an amazing amount how long did it take you to lose all that. i would love to see some before and after pics i could do with some motivation!

cheryl, glad you are feeling better.

nicole, iv been home educating my son for a year and a half now. not having to do the school run in bad weather is a great perk!!

well iv been really bad food wise today and havnt exercised. but im allowing myself an off day after this mornings disappointment, will be back on track tomorow!
Old 01-15-2007, 04:34 PM   #122  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

LIZA!! My dear, under 1000 calories is way to low!! You're body will start a starvation mode and will hang onto anything you give it rather than burn it. Your metabolism will lower and it will become harder for you to win this battle. Remember this journey is about becoming a healthier mom for your son. You must eat a healthy well balanced diet. If you'd like an idea of what you should eat for an average/healthy weight loss go to startyourdiet dot com. Fill out there analysis and go from there. I'm at 1466 cals per day which I've been sticking this past week. It seems to be pretty good. You gotta ask yourself this...is under a 1000 cals a day something you think you could live like for the rest of your life? Probably not because you'll be too hungry and more inclined to binge. Please take this advice into consideration, I'm only trying to help you out in the long run...hopefully a lifetime.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:37 PM   #123  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi girls . . . Our weather has taken a decided turn for awful and it's supposed to be staying that way for a couple more days.

Afraid I'm just not in the mood to talk much tonight. Just got back from the GYN appointment and I'm a little bummed out. He doesn't think there is anything really awful going on, but I have to have a D & C a week Friday . . . in other words we are still doing exploratory stuff. Hopefully I'll be in better humour tomorrow.

Have a good evening of doing the good stuff. See you soon. Afraid Mr. Carrot is feeling a lot bouncy than I am.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:24 PM   #124  

thanks for the link tina, i checked out the site and it says i should be having 1407calories. will try it that way and see if it works!
Old 01-15-2007, 06:07 PM   #125  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

Hi everyone. This looks like a good thread with a lot of great info.
Is it okay if I post here.

Thanks
Ann
Old 01-15-2007, 08:28 PM   #126  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Well everyone, I'm a bit nervous. Tomorrow is the big WW weigh in day. I know I'll show a loss....that's not the issue. I'm afraid because meeting time isn't until 6 pm!! That gives me a whole day to starve myself so I can have a really good weigh in! lol I don't want to starve myself because if I do I know that the first meeting I go to "unstarved" will not show probably any loss at all. But I sooo want the scales to show a 5 lb loss...Today I've had 9 of my 28 points. I've been under my target points everyday except one, I think. They say that's bad, but how can it be? It just means I'm eating fewer calories. I'm having all my "normal bodily functions." Seems to me it shouldn't be an issue...but they say it is. Oh well, I view it like this...as long as there is a loss and I feel good, have plenty of energy, and my body's working "correctly," I'm not going to stress over points. As long as I don't go over my daily target. I wish I could just stay too busy to eat too much. lol I guess if we did that, we wouldn't be here, huh?
Old 01-15-2007, 09:16 PM   #127  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Hi Gals

Just a fly by for me tonight... I have been on training all day and then just spent the last 1.5 hours working on a report. My brain is dead

So I will just say congrats to the losers, good luck to those of you who have a WI tomorrow, hang in there for those of us maintaining and keep on keeping on to everyone else (i think that about covers it all !!)

Take care and TTYS oh oh oh before I forget, the scale was down 1.6 for me this morning..yahoo !
Old 01-15-2007, 11:38 PM   #128  
Domestic Engineer

hey everyone
I feel better than I did all last week just having a good day under my belt so to speak. I did a good 30 minute (mostly) run on the treadmill and a brisk 30 minute walk tonight helping my son deliver notepads from a local realtor. I think it's going to take 2-3 weeks to undo my holiday damage, but c'est la vie I guess
take care and good night.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:46 PM   #129  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Tuesday!

Afternoon ladies! Just getting home from water aerobics and feeling good. Today was actually the first day that every muscle group felt sore. Sometimes I feel the instructor spends a little more time on certain areas than total body. But today was certainly a shared workout for all muscle groups. Woo! Scales came down 1/2lb., I'll defeat Sundays late night dinner sooner or later!

Cheryl, so glad you're feeling better. How is eating upside-down coming along? or are you going to ease back into it since being sick.

Kreen, nice to see you again! I so envy where you're at right now. I'd love to be at those door steps. I gotta work extra hard to get there faster..hehehe! Congrats on getting back into the groove!

Liza, I think when I first started to lose my calories were at 1500-1600 per day. I'm surprised that you got 1400 to start with. I guess 1400 is a lot better than under 1000. When your body starts to adjust to your new routines then you jog around your calories.

Linda, I'm enjoying our weather in the near pluses. Sorry to hear that you're getting not so nice weather. My mother went through years of biopsies and test before they finally gave in a gave her an hysterectomy. I know the anguish it causes, hang in there! From what my mom has gone through having a hysterectomy isn't all that it's cracked up to be either. Especially if they take your ovaries.

Hi Ann, welcome to the group! Just jump right in and make yourself at home. Congrats on your great loss so far! How are you doing it? What is your game plan?

Diane, have a great weigh in today! Looking forward to hearing the results!

Hi Louie! Hope your brain has been revived today. Congratulations on your loss! Weigh to go!

Emily, sounds like you had a good work out yesterday. Great going!

Well, I should start thinking about lunch. Have an awesome day ladies! Here's to happiness and healthiness!

TTFN!
Old 01-16-2007, 04:04 PM   #130  

Afternoon Ladies...Hope you all are having a teriffic day and are staying warm.

Ann...So nice to have you join us. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Linda...So sorry you are having medical problems. Hope the D & C takes care of your problems and you don't have to have additional surgery.

Tina...Yippie for you 1/2 pound loss and great job working out in the water. I wish I lived closer to town so I could do water arobics daily. I'm going mall walking with a couple of my friends tomorrow before we go to weight Watchers.
Still too cold to go walking out doors, but we may see above zero tomorrow. Don't know if I will get back into my upside down eating or not. I'm basically eating what I feel like eating at each meal and watching my points/calories. I'm trying to stay at 1500 calories/24 points a day.

Diane...Hope you had a teriffic weigh-in today! Can't wait to hear your results.

Liza...I agree with Tina, 1000 is way too low and loosing at that amount will only have you put the weight back on once you reach goal. I lost 80 pounds about 20 years ago eating 1000-900 calories a day, but it didn't take me long once I reached goal weight to put the 80 pounds and then some more back on. Your body is like engine, you need to feed it to make it work properly.

Emily...Another one with a great workout. I'm sure your son enjoyed having you help him out.

Louie...Congrats on the loss this week.

Kreen...How wonderful for you to be at the door step to onederland. Great job getting on your bootcamp workout

Well gals, my Hubby just woke up and he wants the computer, so have a great afternoon.

cheryl
Old 01-16-2007, 04:57 PM   #131  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Yep, I'm still here, and yep, the weather is just as bad as they said it would be. Wow, it is UGLY. Took my friend up to a hospital appointment today and just made it back before the latest storm (or maybe it is just a continuation of yesterday - not sure.

CHERYL . . . Glad to hear you are feeling better. Sounds like a good plan - whatever direction you go in.

TINA . . . Wonderful water workout, chickie. Sure sounds like it's working.

EMILY . . . Another great worker-outer. Gee, I feel like a slug, although I have been bouncing with Buddy and the Frog.

LOUIE . . . Congrats on the loss. Obviously the training is helping you to keep working on something besides your brain.

DIANE . . . Don't you get yourself into the habit of under-eating. Just because it feels okay in the short term, it's the long term that matters. WW picks those point levels for good, solid reasons.

ANNE . . . Welcome to our group. Of course, it's okay! We love all the company we can get. Hope to be seeing a lot less of you, a lot more often, now that you've found us.

LIZA . . . So, so, so glad you've decided to up your calories. In the long run, your body will thank you. If you drop things too low, you definitely create problems later.

KREEN . . . Glad to see you in the group, too. ONDERLAND is my goal for 2007. You will be there in no time, lucky girl.

Well, I'd better get about my business. think I'll have some tea to tide me over until dinner time (and warm me up a little, too). You all have a great moving and shaking evening and I'll type to you again soon.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:19 PM   #132  

thanks for the advice guys, guess i just wanna see fast results but you're right i need to realistically be able to stick to it or in the long run its not gonna work.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:06 PM   #133  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

Just a flyby here tonight. I'm drowning in all the reading I have to do for class.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:11 PM   #134  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Good Evening, Friends

We had a little bit of snow again last night, but that was quickly followed up with some warmer temperatures and rain... so I think what little bit of snow we have will be gone within the next few days. Roll on spring !!!

Ann, welcome to the group... just jump right in !!

Tina - not sure if my brain is too revived yet. I have training for another few days this week, so will be looking forward to the weekend. Your water aerobics class sounds like a great workout !

Cheryl - good to see and good luck with your WI

Linda - another storm..uck !! Hopefully the weather turns around for you soon. I looked up Crazy Frog on yahoo music today, "he" has lots of songs and they are all so up beat. I can see how you and buddy enjoy it !

Liza - we all want to see fast results, but believe me you only want to lose the pounds once

InLA - how did your WI go .. I know you probably did awesome

To all the other gals I hope you are taking care and keeping warm

Well I best skedaddle and get me some dinner. I had lunch out today so don't feel like too much but know I need to eat a little something, so a forging I will go. Talk to you tomorrow
Old 01-16-2007, 09:50 PM   #135  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Just a quickie to let everyone know my total weight loss for the week was (Drum roll, please!!).......6.6 lbs! My goal for next week is 3.4 to put me at an even 10 lbs!! We celebrated with somewhat of a big dinner. I'd had hardly any points today....saving up for the evening. I"m sure I used some flex points. Not sure how many, but I rarely use them...even when on WW before, so I'm not going to stress. Just back to the grindstone tomorrow.

Congrats to everyone else who had a rockin' day too! I think I'll have encouraging words for tomorrow.....my WW leader's words, actually. Wanna share, but will have to wait til in the am!

Diana
Closed Thread