Old 01-07-2007, 02:34 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi Everyone, Wow, two days without being here and so much to catch up on.
I was sick, could hardly stay awake, one good thing, I wasn't hungry.

Anyhow to a new day, Dollypie, that is so great you are watching Grampa, nothing like fresh eggs, must admit though, I didn't have to take them from the chickens myself. Hpnotq welcome, I think you will like it here. Stopeating - WOW Stair climbing, you did fabulous, I don't think I could of done that in my teens, definately not now, but Congrats. Miaflaker that model thing looks like fun, I will have to try it. Martiniforme, that must of been hard not going out Sat. night, but good for you and cooking a healthy
meal as well, Double Good. What is C25k Stopeating?

Well my weight is down, but I think it is only cause I was sick and didn't eat, we will see tomorrow. I was suppose to wait till Tues. to weigh, just couldn't.

I hope to get to my walking tape today, maybe a little later, still not quite just right. Everyone have a good rest of the day~
Sharon
Canuk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:44 AM   #62  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

C25K stands for Couch to 5K, a program designed to start from being a total couch potato to running a 5K in two months. I'm wanting to try it, I've always envied runners and wanted to run, but with the boobage I've got it's hazardous to my health to do so. But, once my Enell sports bra gets here, I'm going to go for it. Which probably means I'll be starting next week.

OMG, my yoga-mat-pillow and his box-bed would absolutely go together. Best ghetto bed ever!

So I drove for three and a half hours today, in total...I found out at midnight last night that my younger brother (he's 17 and a senior in high school) had the county honor band performance today, and when I asked him if he wanted me to come, he said yes, so...like an idiot, off I went for 1:45 driving each way for his concert. But he seemed so happy that I went to the effort...it pretty much made it worthwhile.

Lunch was relatively healthy, a turkey-avocado-lettuce wrap...and dinner was slightly less so, since my brother wanted to go out for pizza after the concert. But that's okay; it wasn't *horrid*.

And now, I am off to shower and go to bed. Tomorrow morning, I'm going to restart my WATP program. Someone please kick me in the *** about that tomorrow to make sure I did it? Thanks.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 01:32 AM   #63  

Hi there, everyone seemed to do pretty good today, I did good food wise, but could not get myself moving in the exercise dept. I think that is 3 days now, considering I was sick, I am giving myself a break on that, but please please let me be up to exercising tomorrow. I cannot lose weight with diet alone!

Nikaia thanks for answering me re the C25k. Not something I can do with my injuries, don't think I have the lung cap. either. It was nice you went to see your brother, even though it was a long drive, he will remember that.
Well it is almost bed time, so better sign off, good luck to everyone.
Sharon

(Anyone know where Jasmine is?)

Last edited by Canuk4; 01-09-2007 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:28 AM   #64  
Constantly Tweaking

S/C/G: 172/159/130

Height: 5'2" (give or take)

Well, I just got done w1d1 of the C25K. I warmed up for about 5 or 6 minutes then did the 20 minutes of the program. It took a little bit to adjust to running for 1 minute. When I had done my own version of this last fall I ran for a longer amount of time b/4 returning to walking, but overall I did well. I also had to adjust the walking speed vs. the running speed for ten minutes or so but finally settled in doing both at 3.7/3.8 mph. Having to constantly monitor the time made the 20 minutes go by fast (at least thats how it was for me). After the 20 minutes I continued walking for a total of 55minutes. I also did about 15-20 minutes on the Total Gym b/4 I did the treadmill. I need to warm up on the TM then reset the clock/mileage. I keep forgetting to do that and I don't think I get as true a reading on the numbers. But I had 3.20 miles in 55 minutes total.

For some reason I'm just tired in the legs today. I took yesterday off and went off the wagon food-wise for dinner. But I planned it so b-fast and lunch were under what I usually have and I didn't have any processed carbs. Made meatballs sandwiches for dinner w/provolone cheese. I really wanted the roll so that 's why I kept everything in check earlier in the day! I also had like 7 oreos (which I hadn't planned on) but that's ok. I'm back on track; actually I'm starving right now.

No dog walk today; it's been raining for 14 hours. Hope everyone is doing well. Hey Hpnotq, did you try the C25K program yet? How'd it go? Check in w/you all later. Have a great day!

Jo

FLY EAGLES FLY!!!!

Is that really me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 01:10 PM   #65  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Okay everyone so I don't even have time to read anything yet. I did see the other day where Ennay said about the carrots. I do normally agree with you but I could of swore I found something the other day that said specifically about boiling. haha Maybe I am going nuts! I went ahead and steemed them last nite. Or maybe it was just the fact that alot of raw foods are more nutrientful and carrots was the one that needs to be cooked to attain the most benefits and steaming would be the perfect option. aaaggghhhh. That must be it.

Anyhow I have still been doing pretty good even though I wound up binging fridsy nite when I couldnt locate my nuts on chili cheese fritos and cheese sauce! We also had pizza and crazy bread that nite and I did over indulkge on the crazy bread but did walk 90 minutes that day. All in all I have been mostly eating healthy with my fruits and vegis and whole grains etc.

1-1-07 I was 210
1-2-07 I was 212!!(water retention from salty bad foods) but
1-7-07 I was back to my 208, where I originally left off with my losing. Hooray! So I am back to that square.

I am hoping to lose another 2 this week and am soaking beans for chili beans tomorrow and brown rice for spanish rice for tomorrow too. Tonite my dh wants sphgetti so I will make it with gr. seasoned turkey. Yummmm!!!

I hope everyone is doing well and losing!!! I have to go clip soupons and I am off to the store again soon.

Yesterday I roasted two chickens and even saved all the bones and junk for making my own broth! Whooohooo!!1 I heard that soaking overnite in water and adding a little vinegar to it helps draw out the calcium and other nutrients. This am. it is in the crock poit and adding a few veggies and tomorrow the broth should be done.

If anyone has any awesome chicken noodle soup or chicken vegi soup recipes with home made broth please give them to me!!! I will be making that soon!!

Last edited by Jasmine31; 01-08-2007 at 01:19 PM.
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 01:21 PM   #66  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Oh and I think I seen a new person. Welcome!!!!! Everyone is more than welcome to join us!!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:38 PM   #67  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

jasmine i made spanish rice with brown rice and the spanish beans i just used my family's recipe but used brown rice instead of white it tasted almost the same i actially got my workout this morning how is everyone
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 12:16 AM   #68  

Hi, it sounds like everyone is doing good from yesterday. I must admit I fell off the wagon today, I did not get my 4 meals in, I blame dh for that, he was up coughing till 4:30 am, I therefore slept in, way too late and had lots to do, by the time I got out the door it was close to 5:00 pm believe it or not. Then I had to return my pedometer as it was not working right and return another item. Then of course I had to do some shopping (not grocery), did get a bunch of different things for my dh and my Dad who are both suffering from bad colds, Dad had a very sore back today, so I got him some wraps that are suppose to heat for 8 hrs, sure hope it works, poor guy could not even sit as it was too painful, I went over and put hot cloths on his back, then rubbed it with ointment for tonight. Dh said he would go over in the morning and was that stuff off and put on the heat wrap. Dh does not seem to cough till just about bedtime, then afterwards in bed, kinda weird.
Anyhow how I went off the wagon was, as it was so late when I got home after being at Dad's and having a visit as well, I decided to go off this diet and wait till next week. Weigh in for me is tomorrow and tonight I have had two drinks, really bad I know, plus the only exercise I got was walking around the stores. Tomorrow will be a better day. I plan to watch what I eat and just count calories. I used to belong to WW and have lots of there info, so will use that. I will remain in the challenge and hope to succeed with my weight loss.

Still having trouble believe it or not getting any tickers on my posts, don't understand what I am doing wrong. Get them made up okay, but just can't seem to get them transferred. Had help yesterday from dh and my son and still had no luck. Anyone willing to walk me through it, I would appreciate it. Do you have to have the IMG code ON? Mine is off. Feel really dumb about this, but just cannot master it.

Have a good day everyone.
Sharon
Old 01-09-2007, 01:06 AM   #69  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

You have to have it on, because the IMG code is one of the codes the tickers use in order to display.

And don't go off-wagon entirely just cause you had a bad couple days! Stick with us!

I slept in rather than work out today...I'm deciding whether to blame my sickness, the fact that I don't have a decent bra, or just own up and say I did bad today. Ah, well. Walked all over campus, anyway. Which is at least something.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:24 AM   #70  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Girls I'd like to ck in here too if you all don't mind. I am on another support site also which I use daily. But one more sounds like a good idea. Currently I haven't gotten on the scale since before christmas. I will this week I wanted to give myself a chance to get back into the swing of things. I am working on being more accountable for journalling my intake of appox. 1400 cals a day, water intake, exercise, and not taking anything in my body other then water 2 hrs. before bedtime and measuring some portions. I hope to lose some more wt. before June I only have about 10lbs to lose at this pt. But staying on the sites and keeping motivated with others is so important. So I will catch up on some of the post when I have more time. On the way to work to make a couple of bucks. Take care.
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 09:00 AM   #71  
Constantly Tweaking

S/C/G: 172/159/130

Height: 5'2" (give or take)

Just gone done 3.0 miles in 48:26 minutes on the treadmill. This does not include a 5 min. warmup (I reset the buttons). I don't know about anyone else, but I'm never really warmed up until about 15 minutes after I start but I sure don't have the luxury or time to warm up that long and then try to walk for over 45 minutes! So my goal will be to get those 3 miles done in 45 minutes. It'll probably take me forever to get to that point! Planning on taking the dog out later for a 1.5 mile walk. I'm sore from the Total Gym stuff I did yesterday (I took it pretty easy) but it's not too bad. Just very aware of my muscles in parts of my upper body.

Eating is going ok. I'm using Fitday to track everything. I like it because all I have to do is put in the food and it does the math for me. Plus, I like the graphs it gives for protein, fat and carbs. I'm sticking to around 1500 calories per day. Hoping that's low enough cause sometimes even at that amount I get really hungry. I have found that a 40% carb, 30% protein and 30% combo seems to keep me satisified the longest. Not eating at night is still such a challenge for me but I've been very good about it. If I do eat something, I plan it and limit the amount of what I eat. If that scale doesn't budge on Friday, I'll just scream!!!

Hope everyone is doing ok. Have a good day all!!

Jo
Is that really me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 10:27 AM   #72  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

New thread!

Please start posting here ladies!
New weekly thread
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 11:53 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 165/165/150

Height: 5-8

Talking

Oh me!!! I want to play!! I started just a few days before the New Year, but kicked it in to high gear AT the New Year

1. Starting weight- 168

2. I walk two miles each night and because I work on the third floor of my building, I walk the stairs at least three times a day. I never take the elevator.

3. How I'll be watching my food? My day consists of mmmm coffee in the morning & maybe half a bagel, I bought a personal mixer I have taken to work so, I have a fruit shake (fresh or frozen fruit, half of a lil carton 98% ff yoplait yougurt and water) twice a day, one in the morning on my first break and one in the afternoon about an hour after my lunch break. I have a Lean Cuisine for lunch (because they are easy and yummy..) and then dinner, normally a lean piece of meat & a large salad. I also drink about 100 oz. of water each day- or five bottles. I don't deny myself if I want a handful of pretzels or a cookie (though I don't always WANT them).. because if I do, I have found I am more likely to jump off the healthy eating band wagon and back into eating crummy!

My WI days are Tuesday

My New Year's Resolutions (not just the healthy ones. lol)
To reach my goal of 135 in the coming year and STAY THERE. (#1 goal)
To pay off my personal credit cards..
To start piano lessons (I've always wanted to play)
To take a "real" vacation/honeymoon with my husband (we got married in August and only got away for three days).
SD Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:17 AM   #74  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

Welcome SD Gal!
However, we've started a new weekly thread. Come join us there! I posted the link in the thread above
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote