Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 08:53 AM   #76  

Congrats on the pound lost Curly! Today is my official weigh in day but I cheated yesterday and saw I was at 210!

I'm focusing in on whole foods now. I'm eating things that they zone diet doesn't recommend like carrots, apples & bananas.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:26 PM   #77  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Height: 5'5"

Curly~ Yes!!! You can do this! LOL, You ARE doing this ... And you are going to be good at doing this. And you are going to be so happy you are doing this.. And leaving behing that biotchy boss is just icing on the cake!!!! without the calories heheheheeh.. Congrats on the afghan auction!! You are amazing

Val~ Maybe focusing on whole foods is the change your body is looking for. I don't know a lot about Zone, but I know the health benefits of whole foods. Just keep an eye on the higher sugar ones..... some will spike that blood sugar so high. Check out the site care2.com.. they have some wonderful recipes! Good Luck tomorrow

I don't know when I'm gonna get back on the scale lol... soon. I got a phonecall this morning and the bike girl has decided she doesn't want it again so I'll be picking it up Tuesday. And I kinda put a bug in the treadmill lady's ear. So, we'll see what happens.

Good Job PIC's... I'm glad you're here
Old 02-03-2007, 08:32 AM   #78  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Way to go VAL!!!!!!! Ummm about that pound I lost... i see its back with a half brother today .... well let me explain.. Yesterday the girls at work outdid themselves I wont get into the gorrry details but I will just say it was food as far as the eye could see...... I I ate wayyyyyyyyy too much .. and they loved it.. I really didnt want to hurt anyones feelings so i had like a dab of everything... and it made them all so happy...

so i will cut back today... lol they really went all out for me .. it was awesome...

OMG they are calling for the high to only be 10 degrees next week!!!! Val I know u are accustomed to that ..but I am gonna freeeeeeeze

OK much to get done today gotta run in and button up the end of the month then I am freee from that job! then gotta run around and do a bunch of stuff..

OH and buy some dress pants cuz I am not skirting it in 10 degree weather and I have 1 pair of dress pants hahahahaha have a super day!
Old 02-04-2007, 02:18 PM   #79  
Staying in 1derland!

Thanks Dee... wish i had the confidence u have in me... LMAO nah i am ok just doubt myself at times guess we all do... ex boss made my last days pretty icky.. and musta been bad cuz even other staff members commented on it... oh well that book is closed now...

I did awesome at target... got 2 pairs of slacks, a skirt, 2 tops, shoes, panty hose, socks and a lunch box for 110.00 woo hoo... my mom said MORE SHOES???? And I found a long wool coat on ebay for $20.50[wont that be pretty with chai's black wooly hair on it?????] ok no more shopping for @ 5 months! lol

LMAO is it just me or do all chubby girls have a thing for shoes?

Last edited by curlylocks; 04-20-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:42 PM   #80  

Hi Ladies!

It's so cold here I can't stand it anymore!

I'm doing pretty good staying OP.. After my friday pizza binge. Even with the cold I got out and exercised.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:51 AM   #81  
Staying in 1derland!

Its 7 here the temp! OMG we are not used to this kinda stuff! and even worse cuz where i have to go near DC for training I have to park 3 blocks away!

yesterday all we got was 30 min for lunch.. so by the time u got to your car u could forget getting anywhere in traffic for some lunch so i had a pop tart outta the snack machine.. I will be glad when this 5 weeks is over, it takes me almost 2 hours each way to get there... and they are calling for snow tomorrow............ we dont get much snow here.. so no one really drives very well in it...

Today i made my lunch so no more pop tarts.. I am having a low carb wrap with ham cheese and lettuce .. a dill pickle and a sugar free jello..

much better choice

Bundle up Val ... try to stay warm.. o how i long for those days a few weeks ago when it was 70 .....
Old 02-06-2007, 12:48 PM   #82  
Remember Why I'm Here

WoW!!! I keep hearing about your weathers on the news... brrrrrrrrrrr. I really feel for both of you.

Val~ Keep up the good work! Staying OP and exercising too.... sounds like you're starting to get back into the swing of things

Curly~ You have to commute 4 hours per day for the next 5 weeks?!?!?!?! Is your 'home' office closer to where you live, I hope? How's the training going anyways? Are you meeting some people you will be working with when you're settled in? LOL, sorry 'bout all the questions... Your coat is beautiful- I love it, and the shoes too but i'd die if I tried to wear heels like that lmao. Keep up the good choices bringing your lunch from now on! It's hard to eat from a vending machine. Especially one that stocks (OMG YUMMMMMMMMMMM) Pop-Tarts.

I'm on my way to go pick up my new exercise bike in a couple hours. And my friend seems to be getting closer to cleaning out the storage room where the other exercise equip is kept... so sooooon I think I'll have my gym room set up. No excuses (real or imagined) left then, huh?

I just weighed, and I certainly don't like what I see.... my ticker is adjusted and I'm ready to face my demons... I think.

Soooooo, have a wonderful day ladies... bundle up and keep on keepin on!!
Old 02-06-2007, 09:14 PM   #83  
Staying in 1derland!

hi there!

Dee the office where I will really be working is only 25 minutes from my house, the training is for new hires all over maryland so I guess its a central location for all.. its only 65 miles but the traffic is killer! clutch ...brake... clutch brake.... and they are calling for snow tomorrow.. and its well known that people in Maryland cant drive in the snow! We just dont get enuff to practice!!! lol

here is only one lady that I will be working with attending... But thursdays & fridays I just report to the office, I will be working in.. and I will get the low down on benefits, a desk! leave etc... I sure hope they give me a mileage re-imbursement sheet cuz so far I have been paying out of pocket for the gas

Yeah i fell in love with the coat when I saw it... now if i can just keep chai away from it!!! looks like it would be a pet hair magnet!!!
Old 02-06-2007, 09:29 PM   #84  

Dee your exercise room sounds great! Put on some tunes and you'll be all set to workout!

I do feel like I"m getting things back under control. Admitting I have an eating disorder and tracking days being binge free seems to be helping my awareness.

We got all the way upto 10 today but now it's snowing!
Old 02-07-2007, 02:59 PM   #85  
Remember Why I'm Here

I'm still ROFL... I thought I'd be hitting that bike and going for 30 min or so.... Ladies, I lasted all of about 6-8 minutes!!! THat was hardly time enough to get the tunes going hehehe... anyways, I got the bike and I'm gonna have Lee do a maintainence on it. It's in good shape but the tension knob thingy is missing..... i think pliers will work ok tho .... I'm def gonna have to build up the endurance for it.

We got some rain finally, about an inch last night. Our power went out for a bit too.... my puter wouldn't shut down right and I've been having probs with it this morning ... It seems to be ok now tho, I hope.. I cannot deal with Dell's outsourced support. LOL I have a hard enuf time explaining what the problems are in english!

okies girlies, stay OP and have a wonderful day/night
Old 02-08-2007, 06:28 AM   #86  
Staying in 1derland!

thats 6-8 minutes more than the day before way to go!!!! now today just make it 9 min!!!!! thats the way to do it just add a bit more each day!
Old 02-08-2007, 08:44 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Ladies. Congrats on the new job Curly. I feel your pain with the commute. Mine isn't quite that bad but it is much longer than I would like.

I seem to be going through a rebellion stage. I am resenting all the work it takes to lose weight. I know what I have to do. I just don't want to do it. Somehow I want it to be easy and I know it isn't.

My life is not as easy as I thought it would be here but I am getting a few things under control. Buddy has adjusted to staying in the bedroom except for shredding my bedspread one day last week. Not sure it can be repaired yet.

And I won't gloat by telling you all what the weather is like here.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:24 AM   #88  

Dee good job on the bike workout!

Petra I feel the same way. It's like I'm mad at weight loss. I feel that will all the work I've done I should be at my goal and it's fustrating!

I had a bad day with an afternoon binge on ceral adding up to over 1000 calories My hubby was going to be over an hour late for dinner so I justified it by saying I couldn't wait. Oh well tomorrow will be better and I did have 4 very good days in a row so hopefully I'll get lucky on my weigh in tomorrow.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:42 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Okay, I will gloat. We are having an absolutely beautiful sunny day in the mid 60's. I didn't even have to wear a coat to work today.

I woke up with a migraine this morning and almost didn't make it to work. I've been living on Advil and caffeine and have made it through most of the day. I ate a sandwich for lunch and it stayed down.

Val-I'm not looking forward to weighing myself tomorrow either. I've been avoiding the scale for about a week but ignorance isn't bliss. I've got to face the music and get my rear in gear again. I can make all kinds of excuses but I know what I need to do. I work with a lot of substance abusers these days and boy can I relate. Back to step one.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:41 PM   #90  

I didn't loose any weight this week. Well a 1/2 a pound if you can count that.

Petra I'm so cold. I finally tried to walk outside today and my dog was holding her paws up after only two blocks.
Closed Thread