3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

PIC~Partners In Crime 2007

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 10:31 PM   #46
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Height: 5'5"

Hey girls,

Things are good here. I'm finally healthy for the most part lol, and actually enjoying a little cold weather here! It's nice cuz it's so dry Doesn't seem as cold as the thermometer says it is. I'm doing OK lately. I want to try whey protein. I'm not sure what it was I read but whey is the way I decided to go. Unfortunately, the kind we get from our supplier at work is having mfg issues so it's unavailable right now lmao.... I may actually have to pay retail price for it somewhere else!! Yikes! I'm thinking of using a bit of psyllium husk too, to help me feel fuller. Should I just try the protein first and see if that does it or am I actually having a good idea?

All of you stay happy and get healthy!! Dee~

..............................Updated 11/11/08
Old 01-14-2007, 07:18 AM   #47
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

seems to work for me.. If u want some info I would suggest reading "Protein Power" by michael Eades

in a nutshell... If u take in more protein combined with low carb, it seems to shutoff the "hungries"

I have tried quite a few of the whey protein powders and prefer the ones from GNC a 6 lb container runs @ 30.00 but I have found its better than the others. but they also run specials and have smaller 1 lb containers as well

just google whey protein weightloss and u will get tons of info
Old 01-14-2007, 10:29 AM   #48

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

I like optimum nutrition. I've also tried designer whey and that is pretty good and comes in smaller containers. I'm mostly Sonoma/South Beach dieting these days so I"m not using as much of it. I make a protein shake as a snack once in a while.

My refrigerator is coming today. I'm very excited. I also want to do some painting today but I have to find someone tall to remove a light fixture for me. I may have to go knock on a neighbor's door for that.

Curly-when you painted a bathroom, did you remove the toilet? My sister and her family are coming to visit next month and I am thinking I may try to paint my guest bathroom before they get here. I got a shower curtain, and some new towels for in there yesterday. Starting to get the house fixed up a little bit. Having an income helps.

I got Buddy's crate. This has been ugly so far. I suspect he thinks he is being punished (which he sort of is). I've been putting him in while I go on short trips this weekend so he can get used to it. Kobe loves Buddy's new crate. He goes in there and just lays down, he probably thinks I got it for him. They are too funny.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:43 PM   #49

Well my refrigerator arrived. I have it all wiped down and most of my food moved in. It has a water dispenser and ice maker and all those cool gadgets I've never had before. It hasn't started making ice yet but I guess that takes awhile. I never realized how many little bottles and jars of stuff I had. Life will certainly be a lot more convenient with a fridge inside the house.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:40 PM   #50
Staying in 1derland!

Petra I had enuff room to reach in behind the toilet and paint.. its easier if u use those spongy paint applicators on a stick for the hard to reach spots..

Can u believe 68 degrees in jan???????????????? man its unreal. lol we are gonna pay big for this...

OH and about my habitat meeting... a habitat house in my area goes for 100,000 and u get NO CHOICE of where it is.. and some of the land they have available is in a bad area.. also u have to have almost a perfect credit score (not me) sooo.. i am thinking now if i have to pay 100,000 i can just move to a place where houses are cheaper and pick my own place! I know dang well i could find a double wide on a spot for wayyyy cheaper than 100,000 even if if i have to go way out to northern va or WV ...... grrrr

and get this an elderly man that was on the committe told me:

"you are a good looking girl... why dont u just find yourself a sugar daddy????? " OMG!

LOL chai is sitting very patiently cuz Before i started typing this i told him we would go walk.... lol i see his patience beginning to fade... hahahaha ok too nice to be sittin in the house....

OH... i just got back from Target.. had to pick up a yoga mat .. cuz I am starting a class wednesday evening...

I know why u lose weight doing yoga...

Class: $75.00
yoga pants: 12:00
2 Yogs tops: 18.00
Yoga Mat: 20.00
Yoga Mat Strap: 10.00
Grocery budget: 0.00 >>>> spent it all on yoga stuff

hehehee after the expenses no money left for groceries ... ya lose weight!!!

YES Chai ... I am comming... keep ur fur on!

Last edited by curlylocks : 01-14-2007 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:32 AM   #51

you don't need special pants or tops, sweats work just fine. You just need to be able to move around comfortably. People have different opinions about the straps as well. You probably could have used a belt.

I did get the ceiling in my foyer painted yesterday but what I thought would be a small project turned into a big one. First, I didn't have enought paint and had to fly to Lowe's to get more. Have you ever painted popcorn? Popcorn ceilings are big down here and it is a big pain to paint. I got a work out though. I also discovered I have a big plumbing problem which will hopefully get solved today because I have no water right now. All the utilities are underground down here and there was water just streaming up over my front yard. The previous owner came over last night and helped me dig it up. At least I have the day off and can take care of it. Part of the reason I bought this house is because it is only a few years old and didn't have anything wrong with it. What a joke!!
Old 01-15-2007, 07:30 PM   #52
Staying in 1derland!

Whats up Pic's??

Me and chai ended up walking 4 miles yesterday.. then I got up today and went to LWE and did my workout.. and then pretty much piddled around the rest of the day... looking online for some fund raiser ideas for my "relay for life team"

one project i am workin on is a hand crochet afghan that I am gonna raffle off and the proceeds will go to RFL .. wanna peek?? LOL i just put it away becuz.. chai thought the yarn was a play toy.... he swiped my yarn and ran across the room... then had it wrapped around his feet.. so after untangling him from the yarn i decided that was enuff for today... hahaha

we just had a kayak launch open up.. with a pretty big stream and its fast... so i am thinkin maybe a rubber duck race to raise money..

Last edited by curlylocks : 04-20-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:17 PM   #53
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Heya PIC's,

How's ya'll doing? THings are good here. It's cold again. It got up to 62 today, and within an hour it dropped 20 and started drizzling lol. Guess that's what I get for laffing at my friend in snowy Whidby Island, WA hehehehe...

Anyways, I'm doing well, slow and steady. I'm still not doing any specific program except trying to watch my portions. I'm still waiting patiently for my friends daughter to part with the treadmill and crosstrainer machine so I can set up my lil home gym. I was gonna walk to the estuary (sp?) -where the Gualala River runs into the ocean- today, but I got sidetracked with a phone call. I'm going to do it tomorrow tho if it's nice out again.

I hope your painting goes well Petra... yukkkkk lol. I hated painting popcorn celings. that, and also wood panel walls- like the ones from the 60's. Actually, I just really would rather pay to get the painting done. hehe...

Curly~ I think a ducky race sounds cute lol. We raised a great amount for my sisters Team in Training (for Lukemia Society) a couple years ago with a Yard sale and BBQ (we did garden burgers and Sobe drinks only).... good luck with whatever you do!
YoooHOOOOOOO?!?!?!?! Val, Angel and Jennie!!! Come out an playyyyyyyy

Dee~

..............................Updated 11/11/08
Old 01-17-2007, 07:02 AM   #54
Staying in 1derland!

We are having the craziest weather here... yesterday morning it was 60 degrees, today it is 27 with a windchill of 18 ????

i stayed op yesterday.. didnt exercise tho, but tonite i start the yoga class

how is everyone doing?
Old 01-17-2007, 08:35 PM   #55
Staying in 1derland!

Had my first yoga class tonightLOVED IT!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2007, 01:18 AM   #56

Glad you enjoyed your yoga class Curly!

I've been bad here. I've been doing some binging like the other day at the store I ate a whole box of cookies in my car on the way home and hid the evidence before my hubby could see it. I feel bad I don't know why I do it. I'm still having trouble with the exercise because of my back.

I hate to be such a downer but I feel like I'm backsliding. I'll try and be stronger.

Sunday: 2438, 2 surplus
Monday 1407, 1549 deficit, cardio, weights
Tuesday: 1439 calories, 999 deficit
Wednesday: 2635 calories, 189 surplus

Old 01-18-2007, 10:20 PM   #57
Staying in 1derland!

We all have some good days and some bad days Val... take it in stride... one day at a time.... just cut back a lil more tomorrow....

seems like no matter what i do the scale is stuck... so i have times when i say "why bother" but i know if i continue like that that all the weight would be back and quick!!! so I just try the best i can do ... one day at atime.. and if I am stuck at this weight.. then at least I will try to be active and be as healthy as I can be at this weight... and most of all enjoy life!!!
Old 01-20-2007, 10:45 AM   #58

No, I didn't fall off the face of the earth again. I just had a terrible week at work. Fortunately, I didn't use it as an excuse to binge eat. I had a patient and his wife come in on Tues and start screaming at me. He had just been discharged on Friday. I don't think I did anything that justified that sort of reaction but it did rattle my cage a little.

Glad you liked the Yoga, Curly. I used to enjoy my yoga classes in PA. Maybe I'll have to find some down here when my life settles down a little more.

The popcorn ceiling was a mess and it needs a second coat. I'm not looking forward to that. I also have some other little projects that need doing this weekend. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed.

You won't believe this one. I got Buddy this nice crate. Within one week he has figured out how to get out of it!!. The first day, I thought I just didn't latch it properly so the next day I made sure I latched it securely and came home and sure enough he is out of the crate. Can you believe that? I suppose I could add some extra stuff to it to make sure he doesn't get out (like a padlock--lol) but I think I'm just going to close him up in my bedroom for now and see how that goes. Since the boys sleep with me, they may view my bedroom as their "den."
Old 01-21-2007, 11:45 AM   #59

Hey, where is everyone this weekend?
Old 01-22-2007, 04:33 AM   #60

S/C/G: 200/200/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey, everyone! I'm so new...just joined and started reading posts. I'm sure one could get lost very easily in the threads but I figured I should jump right in. Partners-In-Crime sounds like a fun board with some support which is what I'm looking for.

Cliffs Notes version of me...I just separated from my very unsupportive husband and am very happy about that. Would love nothing more than to gain control back of my life and my weight now that I don't have to listen to rude comments. I'm looking for a weight-loss partner, ideally with the same amount to lose as me. I'm GOING TO lose 60 pounds. I'm at 200 now as of my last visit to the doctors, which I wasn't happy about, and am shooting for 140. Anyone interested in partnering up with me? Feel free to hit me up on AIM: shonnapareja THANKS!!!

Last edited by shonnuf : 01-22-2007 at 04:49 AM.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.