Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 03:13 AM   #376  

Petra sorry to hear about Buddy

We've been having some crazy weather 4 ice storms in a row.

I fell on my stairs on Sunday and broke my elbow. Had to spend hours in the emergency room.

I went to the ortho dr. today who said you can't wear a hard cast for an elbow fracture so I have it only in a sling which kind of sucks since it hurt anytime I move any part of my arm.

I will be off work another week since I can't drive like this. I'm afraid my diet hasn't been good. I have to eat convenient food since I can't use my left hand.

Resting up and being off work is ok but I'm getting bored here.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:36 PM   #377  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Val-that's terrible. Hope you get better soon.

I find I get stressed out pretty easy these days for some reason. I was having a perfectly good day. Then got this page on my way home which completely stressed me out and started eating cupcakes. What is up with that?
Old 12-13-2007, 11:12 PM   #378  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Height: 5'5"

awwww Val!!!! Here's hoping you get feeling better real soon.

That darned stress.... grrrrrrrr. It almost made me eat an apple fritter today but I caught myself. I smoked a ciggy instead. Today, I just want to be a worker. Do my 8 hours and go home. *sigh*

ON the other hand, I got a nice little bonus check at our weekly manager meeting today That will sure help out our Visa bill.

I'm not going to work Christmas day this year. This is the first Christmas Lee and I have been together that I don't have to work. I don't know what we'll do lol... but maybe I'll just lounge in bed with a National Enquirer hehehehe.... I'm really excited too cuz I get N Y day off too. It may be dangerous tho. Usually I make lee up a little cheese meat & cracker tray so he can watch football while I work, but this year I get to stay and watch too. I'll make up some of my fake eggnog and stay away from the crackers

ohhhh I just got a phone call from one of my employees. Her dh just got her a real tree and wants to know if we want her fake one for the store. I think we need it there. gotta go check in my closet for some lights now.

ciao ladies. Have a wonderful day!!!!!!!!!!!

Dee~
Old 12-14-2007, 09:00 AM   #379  

After I wrote that, I thought..... I can answer my own question. It's addictive behavior. Only thing is that it doesn't solve anything. I just feel like a jerk today because I ate all that sugar and nothing is really any different than it was yesterday.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:37 AM   #380  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Good Morning!

Its me the lost curlylocks... lets see working full time, moving, & finals all in one week!!! Can u say "Insane" The new place is much nicer, and chai has a nice back yard to explore, and a run that he can go outside on for awhile during the day.

SO, things are calm right now, other than a conflict ove the "cable tv" with my landlord, (same landlord i did have) I actually moved @ 100 feet hahahah but it was hectic none the less

Val- hope u are healing up, that elbow must be painful!

Petra I am so sorry to hear of your loss, Ive been there... It so hard. But You are such a great "dog mom" its wonderful u will be able to adopt and give a pup such a good home... would you like a cat?

I still have all my outside kitties, when I moved they just moved over as well, At least here I have a nice outside shed for them to sleep in.

Dee- hope u are doing well with the new meds.. Sounds like you deserve a holiday off.

I think we have to work christmas eve.. or maybe they are just waiting for the last minute to tell us we are off, I work for the state but we rent a building from the county and the county is off but we havent gotten
THE WORD" yet.

With everything going on I have not made it back to ladies workout express which is silly since I am paying for it each month... they moved and I have to like 8 miles in the opposite direction of home to get there and its already 16 miles to home from work..

friday went to lunch with my boss... hmmm I think he is one of those who likes those pencil thin girls... oh well

I am hoping to get back on track after the holidays, I had stopped my metformin for @ 2 weeks and now started taking it again, I think my body had become adjusted to it, the dr had me on it for insulin resistance, not diabetes.. Need to get back on track as the weight seems to continue to pile on.... NOT GOOD.

looks like all we are getting out of the ice storm is rain....I would love to have a white christmas... looks like it will just be a wet one here...

take care.. I will try to pop in more now that things have calmed down, classes dont start back up until the end of jan so have a lil break for a while....

ended the semester with an A and B ... which is amazing considering I lost my text book for one class while moving so really couldnt study for my final... lol
Old 12-20-2007, 10:40 AM   #381  
Remember Why I'm Here

Yayyyyy (((((Curly))))))).

Hail Hail The Gang's All Here!! hehehehe.... speaking of gang, anyone hear anythting at all from Angel? I so hope she's good. I wonder if she watched this season TBL? She was a bigger fan than I am lol.....

Anyways, I'm glad to hear you're doing well Curly. Even if it does sound like you have a heckauvalot going on!!! I"m not sure you'd know what to do with acutal "down" time .... congrats on the move and the awesome grades.

Petra~ At least you recognize your own stress and triggers..... now back away from the cupcakes!!!! They don't make you a jerk and you know that... but they sure can make us beat ourselves up. (I say as I sit here eating my 3rd bowl of candied popcorn ) I hope things are picking up for you at work.

Val~ How's the elbow? Whataya guys doing for Christmas this year? Looks like another round of storms in the NW. Glad I'm not going home.

things are wet here too... which is something we desperately need!
The horrible lady at works' last day is tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!! it's going to be uncomfortable, and I'm scared for having to add her job to my description, but the air will no longer be slice-able.

None of us seems ot be posting daily anymore.... I hope we (ME) can get into a better routine with the new year... my weight slipped back up to 233.5.... no 220's for me this week. *Sigh* I guess 2007 wasn't my year after all.....

Dee~
Old 12-25-2007, 08:29 AM   #382  
Staying in 1derland!

Merry Christmas!!!!
Old 12-25-2007, 08:08 PM   #383  
Staying in 1derland!

I agree I need to get back to business and get this weight off!

Last edited by curlylocks; 12-25-2007 at 08:10 PM.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:09 AM   #384  

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a good holiday. I've been hiding from the scale. I'm afraid with not exercising because of my elbow and holiday eating I've been packing on the pounds.

I have about 3 more weeks of healing but it is a lot better. I had my first day back at work yesterday.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:25 AM   #385  
Staying in 1derland!

hey val glad to hear u are feeling better!

Petra my parents also lost their Ashley just before christmas, her neck was swollen and pressing on her windpipe, we think a salaviary gland problem, she was having difficulty breathing.. so they took her to the 24 hour vet hospital that is over an hour away ( we are rural so no vets are open on sunday nor do they take emergencys) the vet promised all kinds of treatment.. trach tube etc

all the did was run the bill up to $3,000 dollars and never gave her any treatment just lots of expensive tests... I later found out in a local forum that this is standard business for them...There must be some type of agency that you can report veterianry malpractice to isnt there? plus now we have been waiting 2 weeks for her remains. what a bunch of shysters...

I took my mom yesterday to the rescue adoption, but she said she really isnt ready yet... she saw a dog that she liked but the people ahead of her adopted that one.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:30 PM   #386  
Remember Why I'm Here

Hey PIC's,

Val, good to hear you're heliing. Too bad it takes so darn long.

Curly, That's a sad story about your parents pet. It really does suck that someone can take advantage of us like that. It's the main reason I have Lee do the vet visits. He loves the animals as much as I do- but he is realistic re: finances and WILL ask the questions AND draw the line if it's getting to be excessive. Anyway, I hope they get their pet back soon!

My weight is doing ok... still not in the 20's lol. But my high is now what my low was for a long time. I'm having terrible heartburn these days. Really bad. I think it's from the Byetta but I don't want to tell my dr cuz I don't want to go off of it (and I can't afford any more meds). Actually I'm about to ask for the next level dose. I've been taking otc rantidine.

Christmas was nice. I missed working, and had to run to the store for bread heheehe. I made a small turkey and actually have been enjoying the white meat lmao.... I usually don't like it We headed to Santa Rosa the day after... ackkkkkkk the crowds!!!!!!!!!!!! I have NY day off- plans are to kick back and watch some college football. We MIGHT try staying up until Midnight (west coast time) this year. PARTY ON GIRLS!

Hope you all have a wonderful new year!!!!! We'll be seeing you soon I hope.

Love Dee~
Old 01-01-2008, 09:30 AM   #387  

Hi ladies. I went home for a week for Christmas which was really nice. I got to see a lot of relatives I hadn't seen for awhile. It's also nice to be home with Kobe again. I met one dog already but she had obvious fear aggression and that was a red flag. I have decided I want a german shepherd and applied to a shepherd rescue in Alabama. It is about 3.5 hours away but it appears to be the one nearest me with the most dogs. There is actually one in new orleans but they only have a couple dogs and recently most of their dogs have not been compatible with other dogs which sort of defeats the purpose. This may take a while longer but I should end up with a dog I'm happy with. Also, I'm planning to do some nursing home work with my job and I'm hoping this new job will have the potential to be a therapy dog and I might be able to take it to work which would be great. Val-yes you can report vets. They have to get a license just like doctors so you can report them to the state medical board. I think I have not run into that problem because I am a doctor and I know enough to know when they are ripping me off.

Curly, congrats on the grades and the move. Sounds like you have gotten a lot settled in your life that has been up in the air for awhile.

I have been having a pretty intense conversation with myself about my weight. I can't seem to get myself back on track and I don't know what the problem is. I know what is required. I now have a job I like so I can't blame it on the stress of the job. I also now have the time so I can't even say it is that I am too busy. The only thing I can blame it on is laziness or an unwillingness to give up my addiction. I'm not sure which. Neither are things I like to admit about myself. I've contemplated going back to weight watchers even though there are things about that program I don't like simply because I think the structure might be good. Anyone with suggestions on how to slap myself out of this, I'm ready to listen.

Who is going to start the 2008 thread this year? Hopefully we'll attract some more people if we are more consistent in posting and also all working our respective programs.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:54 PM   #388  
Remember Why I'm Here

HAPPY NEW YEAR PIC'S!!!!!!!!!!

One of my clerks' dog had puppies, ready to go last week. Ohhhh, I want one soooo bad lol. She owns both the parents, papered German Shepard and a papered Husky (i think).. She plays really rotten pool tho- emailed me pics yesterday. They are so adorable, but gonna be big. I made sure to show them to Lee . I know her next step will be to bring one to work. I want one but in my head I know it's still not the right time. I won't tie a dog up (especially since we have 2 wooded acres he could run it). We need to fence one last section of our yard before I get serious about a puppy so he can't get on the road. Also, Sam- our skittish Siamese has started to come in the house to eat and sleep again, tho he still runs at the sight of Lee (?????). He loves me *G*

Petra~ Glad you had a good visit. I think using a dog as a therapy tool is a great idea! Could Kobe be trained too?

Well, I'm having a break from housework. Time to get my head back into the oven.

Let's get together soon Girls!

Dee~
Old 01-01-2008, 04:52 PM   #389  
Remember Why I'm Here

P.S. I went ahead and started the new year thread. I'll see about getting this one arechived. Good Luck PIC Chicks!!!!
Closed Thread