Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 01:46 AM   #256  

Dee congrats on being made manager! Thats great news! I'm sorry to hear about Annie. 19 years is a great long life for a cat!

I got two new fosters, Sabra & Lacy. You can see their pictures here if interested.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v411/valeriejoy/pets/
Lacy was supposed to be 8 weeks old and when I picked her up she was 4 months old and not very friendly. I've been working with her. Sabra is 5 weeks old and too tiny to be away from her mother. Poor little baby!
Old 08-17-2007, 09:53 PM   #257  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Height: 5'5"

(((((Val)))))) Thanks. It's a heck of a challenge at work right now...... freakin politics already lol.

Annie did have a good life. Lee spoiled the heck out of her too. She left a hole in our lives, but I know we are better off having had her for as long as we did anyway

btw, I wanted to let you guys know Sams nose is just about healed. He is acting like a totally different cat too. He has been sleeping inside agian, and even came up on the bed with Jack (and Lee and I) the other night lol. I think whatever was going on with him was literally makin him crazy!

AND Val, your newest fosters are adorable! Looks like Lacy has become a surrogate mommy for Sabra.
p.s, I love the pic of Boogie in the kittys bed hehehehe..... guess he was needing a bit af attention lol. Hugs to ya gf!
Old 08-18-2007, 03:10 PM   #258  

Lacy is having some scabbing on her nose which reminded me of Sam. My vet says to keep an eye on it because it could be ringworm!

I applied for a new job at a vets office! I was getting bored at my office job and thought how great to get to see and work with animals all day! Hopefully I'll get an interview!

The only problem is the hours. You work 8 till 12.. then have a 2 hour unpaid lunch then work 2 - 6 so it's really a 10 hour work day with a 2 hour lunch! Besides that I think I'd love it!
Old 08-19-2007, 09:32 AM   #259  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Hi guys. I see it is just the three of you most of the time. I'm trying to get myself back together. I'm still here in the deep south and it is hot as you know where down here. Turns out I can't stand my job at the VA which has been a terrible thing. I've been busy looking into a new one and think that problem may be resolved soon-we are in the negotiating stage.

I got some sad pet news this week too. Buddy, my Golden had cancer a few years ago. I took them in for their yearly check ups this week and had noticed a little lump on one of his legs a couple months ago. Turns out he not only has that lump, he has 2 nodules in his lungs. He is 9.5 years old now and he is doing well right now-eats well, plays, doesn't appear to be in pain so I'm not going to do anything.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:52 AM   #260  

I just realized I forgot to tell you what brought me back. I was diagnosed with hypertension this week. Probably has something to do with a job I hate but also probably related to me gaining some weight back. I've decided to try Sonoma dieting. Mediterranean eating has a long track record of improving heart health so it seems like a good choice but it is time consuming to cook all that healthy food.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:50 PM   #261  

Hi Petra!

Good to see you!

Sorry about your dog. My boxer has had skin cancer for a few years and just had 9 tumors removed.

Good luck with your diet! Don't be such a stranger.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:24 AM   #262  

I was beginning to think I scared you all away.

Losing weight is time consuming!
Old 08-20-2007, 10:27 PM   #263  
Remember Why I'm Here

Hey Petra!!!! It's wonderful to hear from you. I always wonder about lost internet friends. I'm happy to hear you are well. I'm really sorry to hear about Buddy. I hope your job woes work out. The VA job got you away from the security of the East Coast, and now you are in a geographic area you wanted to be. That fulfilling position will come. Good Luck...... and don't be such a stranger either

I'm down about 7 lbs in the week since the new position. It's some stress, mixed with no time to eat. I've been drinking whey protein with that lo carb/ lo cal chocolate milk stuff every morning & I think it may be helping too. I'm not walking around the store snacking all day long. BUt I'm not eating proper meals either. Whatever, I'll be on a regular (kinda) schedule soon I hope hehehe, but I'm sure feeling good now. It's got me motivated again!! WOoooHOOOO.
I'm losing my laptop for what could be up to 45 days while they refurbish it ... I can check in from Lee's computer, but it's way back in his dark icky office so maybe not every nite lol.

Here's to US, PIC's!!! YAYYYYYYYY

Lovin' Ya'll, Dee~
Old 08-21-2007, 01:45 AM   #264  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

hi guys!

Dee: awesome news on the promotion!!!

val: use the 2 hour lunch to your advantage is there a curves or a gym nearby?

Petra: welcome back!!!!! I am considering a move also.. I am thinking WV, somewhere on the edge of maryland so i can stay in the maryland state system.. just have to wait on an opening...

yes along with everyone else I faced reality today, drs scale weighed me in at 244! Time to put on some major breaks here... and get back into gear! I sure dont wanna lose all the progress that I made... gonna pack up my gym clothes and go back to exercising again at LWE even if it means driving extra miles in the other direction from work to do it... thank goodness yoga will be re-starting!
and my classes start on the 4th of sept. so i better find some energy somewhere... or maybe if i get myself in gear the energy will follow!

ok i am cooled off from my night sweats better try to get back to sleep... lol i guess that may be why i have no energy also sleep 2 hours sweat sleep 2 hours sweat...

oh hey guess what my free "one touch mini" came in the mail today
Old 08-21-2007, 08:22 PM   #265  

Hi guys. Today I started in with the sugar cravings. Now I remember why I'm not supposed to eat this stuff. I know it will only be a few days but this is unpleasant. I'm sticking to the plan so far even though this has been challenging.

Still negotiating the new job thing. Hopefully this will be done soon. It is starting to get on my nerves but it is a whole new arrangement for them. It is a part internal medicine, part psych job which is ideal for me but requires some extra effort to make sure it will all work.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:42 PM   #266  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

hey guys!

check this out america on the move is having a walking challenge starting in Step-tember and if you take the challenge you can win prizes! oooo i like prizes

might be just what we need to get a kick start ... well me anyways hahaha

http://www.americaonthemove.org/steptember/

Just ordered my books for my college classes i keep asking myself "are u crazy?" but I know i gotta complete my degree.. just 15 classes and i will be edumakated!
Old 08-21-2007, 09:45 PM   #267  
Remember Why I'm Here

Hey PIC's! It's a wonderful day today I am just in a happy whistley kinda day. I don't know, just cuz.... Tomorrow I'm headed to *dun dun duunnnnnnn* (that was the spooky scary music sound) THE CITY! hehehehe... meeting our catering manager at 6am to go shopping for things our deli desperately needs. It is so wonderful to be working for someone willing to give us the tools to work with! Now I need to find 3 more bodies to hire. The girl I'm going with tomorrow also does weekly shoppng for a Buddhist Monastary near here and I'm hoping to get to do the delivery with her. It's very private and women are generraly not allowed in. Val, I think Curly is on to something. You like to walk. Maybe there will be some animals you can take out for those long lunches? Combine two pleasures to make a negative positive. Good Luck! Curly~ Hi Good luck to you too. Hope that job comes thru soon! I'm sooo freakin busy right now, a challenge is the last thing my brain can handle. But I get inspired by your progress when you get into one. Go for it and post often! Petra~ I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! I'm finding that being happy makes this entire journey easier, and much more pleasurable. I'm betting the 2 specialties will be a great change for you. Two things you love in one job! Good Luck again to you! :Grouphug: Maybe one by one our little group will come on back. It's so great to have you guys again! Dee~
Old 08-21-2007, 09:55 PM   #268  

One positive change I have made since I moved here is that I walk my doggies every morning. Maybe not a long walk but I am consistent about it.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:51 PM   #269  

It looks like the Sonoma forum is coming back to life and surprisingly I wasn't the source. Just an interesting coincidence.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:31 PM   #270  

I still haven't heard back from the vet about the job. I could use the 2 hour break to do some walking. I'd love to take out some of the homeless dogs if they let me. I feel so sorry for them being in cages all day while waiting for an adopter or foster home.

I weighed in today and no gain no loss. It's kind of sad at this point that I'm happy just not gaining.
Closed Thread