Old 01-06-2007, 11:35 PM   #46  

Hey all. Well, I must admist that I made a LOT of poor choices today. However, as I just got my rear off the couch and did a 20 min upper body workout tape (yes, Red, WEIGHTS ), day 6 both challenges met. I almost took a pause on exercise, but I figured I might need them in Vegas. I will work towards better choices overall tomorrow.

Have a good night all
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 04:35 AM   #47  

hi I'm shattered today must have overdone it yday. I went for a walk yday and did a lot of dancing. Today I did a lot of nothing

Pause on the 30 mins but I did the side exercises

Will report fully tmrw and catch up on all the news.

Every day in every way I grow stronger and stronger. (just trying a little affirmation as right now I'm feeling anything but strong)
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 05:50 AM   #48  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Day 19 crunches completed
Day 17 no sugar completed
Day 9 fresh vegetable juice completed
Day 9 no alcohol completed

dj, congrats! Hp!! Hang in there sweet pea and jolly!!

Sorry all, gotta run!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 08:55 AM   #49  

Height: 5' 8.5"

day 9 - Counting calories - good - 2 pause left

day 9 - Exercise everyday - good - 2 pauses left

Had a really busy day yesterday, but got my challenges done. Today, I'm going to try really hard to fit in some exercise. Sunday is always my toughest day!

Have a good day everyone!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:40 PM   #50  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

Just stopped in to say hello....I've got alot of cleaning to do today. Everyone have a good one! So far no cravings for DP....woohoo! Hope everyone is doing well!
Hpnotq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:57 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 191/176/143

Well today is the start of a new week for me and I'm hoping I do better than the last week.
It took me a while to get myself on track but I'm getting there.
Today is Weigh in day and I have lost 1 pound so that's better than nothing.
I need to get back into my exercise routine though, it's summer holidays here and the children are home from school so I just haven't sorted my routine out with the kids being at home.
I finally seem to be getting my food under control so that's a good start.
Will be away for ten days from Wed and won't have internet access for that time so won't be able to post but hopefully will have a good loss to post when I get back.
Keep up the good work everybody
chaarli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 03:13 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 191/176/143

Okay I think I need to reassess my goals as I can't seem to keep to any of them.

30 minutes intentional exercise Level 2
Journal food intake level 1
Increase fruit/vege to 5+ serves a day Level 1

So that puts me at day one for everything.
We'll see how it goes for now.
chaarli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 09:41 PM   #53  
Ashley

Height: 5'8"

Hello and Happy New Year to everyone. Had a great vacation with the family, but it was really COLD in Seattle. It's nice to be back home where the temperature in the 70s. Feel like I've been shivering for a week.

I'm going to weigh in the morning, but am sure to have put on a few pounds. My sister and her husband cooked heavy and rich foods every day and I just HAD to eat them. They really enjoy the cooking and social aspect of food, and cook lots of sauces and complex carbs rather than eating simple foods. It was rather shocking to see how much weight my sister has put on over the past couple of years. She is now heavier than I was at my heaviest. She is much younger than me and I hate to see her going down the same path with the weight problems that I've always struggled with. It is hard to see it happening to someone I love when I know how difficult it is to take the pounds back off.

I need to return to reality and channel my energy back into a healthy lifestyle. I am going to start my first 21-day challenge of 2007 with some tough goals. I find it easier to start strong and then back off after the first few weeks. So, my level 3 goals are:
Calories - 1200-1500 per day
Fruits/veges - at least 5 servings per day
Eat a minimum of 5 times per day
Food log daily
Excercise - 30 minutes minimum per day

Sounds like everyone is off to a good start in 2007. Nice to hear from a couple of new people too.

Last edited by Ashley103; 01-07-2007 at 09:50 PM.
Ashley103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 10:34 PM   #54  

hi
did the walk today. gonna do my side thingees soon then in the spa then back

welcome back ashley glad you enjoyed your holiday.
chaarli- stick with it you'll get there

everyone else i'm coming back to chat to you real soon i promise
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:36 AM   #55  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Been doing a bit of stealth here, mainly because I haven't had much access over the past couple of days.

I will be back tomorrow to update and reveal my challenges for the next 21 days.

See you soon!!!! You may wish you had not invited me back!
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:39 AM   #56  
Never give up

Smile in the groove!!

Good evening, all. It's Monday evening here and I'm getting ready to turn in. Took the day off and had a most-needed day with nature outside of Tokyo and, yes I did it again, notched another day of sticking to my plan, thanks to the challenges! It would be so easy to not make the juice, or not do the crunches and today, for some reason, the sugar beckoned. BUT!!!! I did NOT succumb to its temptation.

Day 20 crunches completed
Day 18 no sugar completed
Day 10 fresh vegetable juice completed
Day 10 no alcohol completed

I am not even, dare I say, tempted by the brew, but tomorrow I will be in the office and my old drinking buddy is back from vacation...I will NOT go out!

Shad -- I am expecting quite tough challenges from an old pro like you! Looking forward to them and to your being back with us!

sweet -- good going on the walk and those "side thingees!"

Ashley -- Welcome back! Welcome to a return to reality! Great challenges! I can be the same, tougher the better, but sometimes that's only once I get kickstarted with something easier. I did that this time, starting out with crunches, which are old hat to me and then added all the others. Good luck, you've really gone all out from the start! Don't worry if the scale is up. You had your fun. That's what timeouts are for. Just get back on the straight and narrow and be ready for the next vacation.

chaarli -- Good to see you're still with us. I was wondering. Hang in there. Keep trying and you will get it one day.

Hp -- Sounding good! Let's see you notch another day!

dj -- You're moving right along! Great stuff. Good luck getting through Sunday!

Jolly, Apple, tia, others, how's it going. Come in and post!!

Last edited by redballoon; 01-08-2007 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:43 PM   #57  

Height: 5' 8.5"

day 10 - Counting calories - good - 2 pause left

day 10 - Exercise everyday - pause - 1 pauses left

Just stopping in to report my day yesterday.

Have a good day everyone!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:34 PM   #58  
Never give up

Cool anything to keep me going.....

A "Monday" morning for me here, or it feels like it, as I took yesterday (the true Monday) off from work. I do not relish going in to the office but am trying to steel myself with a gym workout beforehand. I am going to put off the juice till this evening, which is always risky but I just don't feel like loading up my stomach too much before the gym. I already eat a full breakfast. I do have pauses but would really like to ace these challenges. That's the way the challenge used to be and I do think the momentum really helps toward the end. You really don't want to go all the way back to start when you're more than halfway there. Still, having the option of pauses I think helps get me to that halfway point. I don't feel any leaner (sigh) but I'm not going to worry about it. I still am congested and had quite a bit of salt yesterday. Just keep at it. The absence of alcohol's empty calories should surely play a part as time goes on. I can't believe it's already 10 days away from the stuff. Like I said, today, though, may be a stickler.

I just weighed myself and, as expected, the scale has not budged. BUT, I heard the voices of sweet pea and others and my own reply saying I "watched my clothes' fit closely" and so I did just that, tried on a pair of non-stretch jeans (!!) and a pair of overly unsupportive breeches AND I found that the jeans were actually comfortable at top (I hesitate to say "at the waistline") and that my lower gut did not bulge quite as grossly as before in the breeches! Hurrah! I will remember this when the bar beckons tonight!!

Good going, dj. You used a pause on exercise but kept to the important calorie count on a tough weekend day!

Good luck everyone and hope to hear from you soon!

Old 01-08-2007, 10:25 PM   #59  

Howdy all. Well, I had to take a pause today on the exercise. I just dozed off in the chair this morning, and didn't make it to class. I just got back from a training class with the dog, and don't feel like squeezing someting in now, so . . .

Day 7 daily exercise, day 8 eating 2 servings each of fruits and vegetables.

Still need to improve on the overall eating though. Baby steps. Have to think baby steps.

have a good one all, and will chat more later.
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:46 PM   #60  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Sorry did not get back to this last night so I am trying to remember everything I wanted to do.

Right, so the New Year is upon us. The Chinese New Year is going to be the year of the pig - how unfortunate.

I'm not one for new year resolutions but one thing I have decided on is that this year, I will weigh less at the end of the year than I did at the beginning. Now that is a direct quote from a lady in the journals WWPeggy! She only posts about once a week. She vowed that last year and didn't care if the result was only one pound it was lighter. She actually ended up losing 70lbs., reached her goal and looks absolutely fabulous.

I have decided on modest targets and the first of those for the year is to lose 10% of my body weight. That means over the year I want to be rid of 7.89Kg. Not a lot but important to me.
I started using the CSIRO Wellbeing diet this week. It is devised by the government department of Scientific and Industrial Research and was originally designed to try to take the myths out of dieting and get people away from dangerous fad dieting. I am quite enjoying it at this point but find that my evening meal is too big for me. I am about to start putting some of the evening stuff into the lunch stuff. That way I can cope with it. Tonights meal is Lemon thyme chicken with roasted red onions and butternut pumpkin followed by 200g lo fat dairy dessert and 150g of tinned fruit. I'm going to try to get a pic of the size of my dinner uploaded tonight. It may be working as I am down a pound after 3 days!

Okay, so here's my challenge to me.
Gym 5 times a week @ 45 minutes per session. - Level 3
20 minutes on the SwissBall and 20 mins swim 7 times a week - Level 3
Stick with the CSIRO eating plan for 21 days (and then onto the 12 weeks) - Level 2
Water 1600ml every day - Level 1

Okay, now Red is going to come back and tell me that I can't have the first challenge. So I am going to call it a Clayton's challenge. That's the challenge you have when you don't have a challenge. It will work with the Swiss Ball challenge.

And since there has been some stealth here,............ no I won't, I'll start it from scratch - Day one 10th January 2007, that's tomorrow for me.

Catch you all tomorrow
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote