Old 01-03-2007, 05:56 AM   #16  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Talking like a rock!

Hello all! Well, it's another day down. A tough one with the cold worse, but I got out to see my horse and got a bit of riding in. Decided to take it easy tomorrow and not go out before work. That is tough in the best of times. It's just that it gives me a lift to see her and makes being in the hated office so much easier. I did NOT go to the party though and that was so much fun last year. We rode bareback and drunk and I fell off twice, last year that is. This year was so different. Even with the cold I would have drank but my resolve to get healthy and away from the beer was strong enough. I keep thinking it's been weeks since I had a beer and it's only five days!!! Can you believe it? I sound like some gd'd alcoholic. Habit, habit, it's become a habit, to go out with people after work for beers and I guess I didn't think about just how often that was becoming. Scary thought. Think of all the calories I can save by not drinking! Yowzah! Now that IS money in the bank!!!

Well, I made the vegetable juice today but put too much daikon radish in it and it was strong! Had to hold my nose drinking it but got most of it down. Tomorrow I'll make it easy with just carrots. It's so sweet then, touch of lemon juice.

Well, I've been off sugar for nearly two weeks and eating healthy for five days now. I keep looking in the mirror expecting to see some kind of miracle and guess what?! I don't see any difference!! Ah, like...DUH!?!?! But, but, I've been so good! This is the hard part, when I always throw in the towel. I guess it's because it IS so hard, but I am going to try to keep going. Just think of the kick I would get from not having an enormous roll around my waist, not having to think if my shirt tops were hiding it well enough, not to have to wonder if I was doing a muffin top over my pants. Sigh. Yes, I MUST carry on! 2007 has GOT to be the year I get so buff I will look 20 years younger than my age....OK...a good 10 at least.

So, waffling over, I now stand at:

Day 15 crunches completed
Day 13 no sugar completed
Day 5 fresh vegetable juice completed
Day 5 no alcohol completed

No pauses yet taken

sweet -- good going on that exercise and the stretches. What kind of stretches are we talking here, by the way? Heh, lot of people around. Always happens after holidays....

CB -- Good luck on your challenges!

jolly -- Excellent work, jolly! My cold was so bad today I thought I would just go see my horse and not get on. Then I thought I'd just walk around, then I ended up riding, and later felt much better. It must have been the effect of the endorphins or something because later I was dead, but I went home and got a nap. Feel much better now, thanks! Keep up the good work!

Pink -- You're doing a bit of a stealth there, aren't you? Looking fine, looking fine!

dj -- I'm hoping I'm on the mend, though I think I still may get a bit worse. Hard staying down. Got two full days of work ahead of me again before the weekend. Ah, well, at least it will be a short week. You're looking good again. What do you do that has you up at 2:30?!?!? That is insane! I think I would just stay awake and try to sleep in the day but I guess that's not doable, eh? Hang in there!

Last edited by redballoon; 01-03-2007 at 03:29 PM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:27 AM   #17  

Height: 5' 8.5"

day 5 - Counting calories - good - 2 pause left

day 5 - Exercise everyday - good - 2 pauses left

Well, I'm definitely getting better at counting those calories. The first couple of days I kept forgetting. Now, I'm back to counting as I go which keeps me on track a little better.

Red & Jolly -You two are doing great! Keep it up!

Yes, I'm up at 2:30 five days a week. I deliver donuts in the morning, which calls for an early riser. It's tough getting up that early, but I've gotten used to it since I started a little over a year ago. I now make sure I'm in bed no later than 7:30 and preferabley earlier! I only work about 3 hours a day so it's not too bad and it keeps me home with my youngest. Besides, it's a lot less stressful than my old job at a software company. Maybe when my youngest one starts school I'll look at getting back to a more normal life again.

Hi SweetPea & Pink! Keep up the good work!

Cbeta - Good luck with your challenges! Good to have you back!

Have a great day everyone!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:07 PM   #18  

I'm kind of sneaking back too.....
I have to get ready for a meeting but I'll pop in later...
My challenges:
30 min exercise
No beer
(both level 2)
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:05 PM   #19  

Hi all. What a day. Day 3, both challenges met. I do need to pat myself on the back here, for two saves. First, I did not pack a lunch today, as we had a long meeting with lunch scheduled. I had to cancel the meeting, and, instead of doing anything crazy (which was tempting), I kept it sane at Subway. Then, at the end of the day, I was starving, and crabby from some work things. I kept myself from stopping anywhere for ANYTHING, went home and had a glass of skim milk to take off the worst of the hunger pains, then made the salad (yum!) I had planned. I feel good about my choices.

Red, I hear you on your feelings on the no beer. Drinking soda is such a habit for me as well. I had weaned off of the caffeinated stuff, and finally stopped all sodas. It has only been 4 days, and feels like forever I wish I had gotten out to the barn. I was just feeling so crabby, and stayed late putzing, that I just came home to relax with the hounds. Poor choice, I know.

DJ - you have my sympathies! People think I am nuts for the hours I keep so I can work out before work. You go girl.

Apple, good to see you.

Anyone else I forgot sorry. I hope everyone had a great day. See you later
jollygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:57 AM   #20  
Never give up

Wink did it!

Did it again, despite my cold. The gym may have made it worse. Then again, it might have been worse if I hadn't gone to the gym! Anyhow, I went before work, despite my cold, despite the cold. Jogged 3K and did some weights and the crunches. Had some super sweet carrot juice this morning, none of that radish in it today. Wow, was it good! So, I'm now at:

Day 16 crunches completed
Day 14 no sugar completed
Day 6 fresh vegetable juice completed
Day 6 no alcohol completed

jolly -- Three cheers for you!!! Way to go!!! That was a major save. I KNOW how tough it is when work gets to you and you teeter so near to throwing all your good work and resolve to the four winds. But you didn't Oh, no! Excellent stuff!

Apple -- I knew you'd be back. I was thinking the no beer challenge would spark your competitive spirit! Ha!! Good for you and good luck!

dj -- Congrats to you too! Well done! Wow, what a temptation your work must be, or no? I don't know how you do it, the work and resisting the sugar pull. You're made of tough stuff!

Others?! Where are you? Come in and post!

Old 01-04-2007, 08:54 AM   #21  

day 6 - Counting calories - good - 2 pause left

day 6 - Exercise everyday - good - 2 pauses left

Had a good day yesterday. I actually managed to do an entire 30 minutes step routine on my 8 inch step. It was really hard, but I did it without stopping. Got those calories counted too, although there were too many of them. Don't know why, but when I'm really tired, I tend to want to eat more. Kept it under 2000, but it's still too much. Oh well, day by day it's gettting a little more under control.

Red - Good for you, you just keep going and going. Just remember to take care of yourself and don't push too hard while you're sick!
Yes, resisting that sugar pull at work can be really tough at times. Luckily, I'm only in the shop for about 45 minutes before I take off to make deliveries and I carry absolutely no extras in my car so there's no temptation once I get on the road.

Jolly - Awesome job on the saves! You deserve that pat on the back. Yes, our schedules sound crazy, however, we do what we have to do I guess. After a while it actually starts to seem somewhat normal.

Hi Apple! Nice to see you back. Good luck with those challenges!

Hi to everyone else out there!

Have a great day all!
Old 01-04-2007, 09:10 AM   #22  

Morning all. Way to go Red and DJ. Keep up the good work.

I was feeling pretty yucky this morning as well, and almost took a pause on working out. Decided that 30 minutes of movement was better than sitting on the couch, so did a short Precor workout. Glad I did.

I hopped on the scale too, which I shouldn't have. I need to tone down the salty foods, as I am retaining water

Catch you all later. Have a WONDERFUL day.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:48 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

No full day completed yet on either one of the challenges.

I am trying to get in water in me, first day I was able to do 2 bottles, yesterday 3 bottles, hopefully today will be day 1 for water, where I will DO 4 bottles.
Eating is bad, my sister's plane was delayed and when we got home I had some tea and a small sandwich at 1:30AM!!!
I know that tonight I won't even get to SF until late, hence again will miss Day 1.

I am glad to see you guys are doing so well.
Red, I hope you feel better, I hear you on being sick, I am still having some leftover caugh and sweats. Hang in there, you have my complete admiration for still going through with excercises!
Jolly, congrats on quitting pop. I totally hate diet, and hence I do, I'd rather not have any then it. Be strong, I know you can, I've been really admiring your strength.
Good going to all the ones who just re-joined. Keep strong, this is first week after New Year, things will go back to routine, and it will be easier to stick to your guns.
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 02:11 PM   #24  

Hi all. Mid day plea for some WILLPOWER!!! Work stress continues on today, and I am craving fried. Doesn't really matter what - just matters that it is. I made it back to my office without stopping anywhere, now I just need to stay here. I must. I must. I must decrease my butts.

Because my I don't have a menu challenge right now, just eating enough good stuff, I am trying to remember my financial goals, and giving myself permission to eat whatever I already possess - as to not spend money. My cupboards (work and home) are pretty healthy, so that is a good start. Wish me luck.

Thanks, Cbeta, and good luck with your challenges.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:26 PM   #25  

Come on Jolly, don't blow it now! We know you can do this. You did so good yesterday with those saves, keep thinking about how good that made you feel.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:28 PM   #26  

Thanks, DJ. I made it through the work day. I knew I was going out tonight with some colleagues - which we do VERY rarely, so I didn't need to do bad during the day. Thanks for the positive thoughts, and hope you had a good day.

If I go snarf down a V8, day 4 both challenges met
Old 01-05-2007, 04:27 AM   #27  

30 minutes intentional exercise, level 3
9 days completed, 1 pause taken
Start date 27 December

15 each side of side stretches level 1
3 day completed no pauses taken
start date 3 January

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi everyone

I've been keeping up with my exercises but I've not spent much time online so I'm here now doing a bit of a catch up. I haven't slept much the last couple of nights so I'm really zonked but doing ok other than that.

Jolly hehe you made me laugh talking about your therapists ben and jerry. we don't have that here but I bet it tastes yummy. You did well to rise to your challenges and deal with stress

apple - welcome back

dj - were you the one that used to do the no donut challenges? now that I read about your job I can see why that would be hard. I used to work in a Chinese takeaway when I was a student. Talk about pigging out hehe

Red - has all this time without sugar changed things for you? do you have more energy? better mood or other positive benefits?

CBETA - how much is 4 bottles of water? Hope you get your first challenge under your belt tmrw
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 06:12 AM   #28  

Good morning all

After a late night, and an insomniac puppy (I woke up around 1am to her standing by my bed with my socks in her mouth, wagging her tail and saying "play?"), I am tired. I thought your challenge was 30 minutes of "international" exercise, Sweet Pea. I was trying to figure out what that was. . .

Well, despite the lack of sleep and the fact I actually don't have to work until this afternoon, I am going in for my circuit class this morning. Hope I survive.

Have a great day all
Old 01-05-2007, 08:51 AM   #29  
Never give up

Thumbs up

Ok, all, just wanted to post that I notched another day!! Hurrah! Will talk later....

Day 17 crunches completed
Day 15 no sugar completed
Day 7 fresh vegetable juice completed
Day 7 no alcohol completed

Old 01-05-2007, 08:53 AM   #30  

day 7 - Counting calories - good - 2 pause left

day 7 - Exercise everyday - good - 2 pauses left

Another day notched! I'm actually starting to watch my calorie intake again even though I'm not doing a challenge. I've got to get those calories down! I'm staying below 2000 everyday and most days I'm around 1800, but I still feel like that's too much.

Jolly - Glad to hear you made it through your day! Good job!

Sweet Pea - Yep, that was me doing the donut challenge. I think I've finally made peace with those things! Still have one once in a while, but I've gotten better over time. I just keep reminding myself of all that trans fat in them. That stuff scares me!

Now, chinese food, that would be tough! Love the stuff!

Cbeta - Hope you got your challenge under way!

Good going Red!

Have a great day everyone!