Old 01-03-2007, 08:15 AM   #46  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Good morning everybody!!!

It looks like all of us had a great day yesterday. I'm happy to report that this morning the scale read 149. Much easier to handle than over 150. (I know that 2 pounds isn't that much of a difference, but I was freaking over being in the 150's again! )

Anyways, I finished a 3 mile run and walked another 1.5 for my exercise this morning. Its a bit brisk, but considering what a normal January would be, it was nice. The hot shower sure was a great reward at the end, it got me warmed up again.

100%-Welcome to the group. I think you'll like it here. I'm impressed with your 4.0 GPA goal. You go girl!!

Becky-nice to have you join us.

OK all this talk of Scotland and great vacations makes me want to have another big one planned. Hubby hasn't even mentioned when we might be able to take another, so I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up. Hubby's family is from England so I'm sure somedya we'll do an England/Scotland trip, but whenever we start planning, a nice warm beach seems to win out.

I've got a question for all of you. I need some ideas for healthy lunches. I am usually at home for lunch so prep is not that much of a problem except for the fact that I'm a terrible cook. I need some good ideas to help keep me on track.

Courtnie-how did you figure out how many calories you need in order to lose? I get so confused with calories, in the past I've just used portion control and staying away from lots of sugar, but I want to understand this better.

OK, have a great one!
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:23 AM   #47  
Fat-be-gone

brandy - a quick and easy lunch is a turkey wrap. smear cream cheese on a flour tortilla, fill with lots of turkey and lettuce. voila!! you can even ad avocado. I love these and have em all the time. to make it healthier you can substitute a regular tortilla for whole wheat or a herb wrap.

so I binged big time when I got home last night. what a way to waste a workout. but I'm glad I finished all that candy. now I don't have anything to stuff my face with when I get home. I'll actually be going to the gym to try to work off my breakfast from McD's. No ifs, ands, or buts...I'm getting my butt to the gym and doing an hour on the elliptical and the treadmill.

have a good one gals!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:41 AM   #48  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Brandy (and everyone else who is intrested) - this is what I go by for calories
http://nutrition.about.com/library/b...tion_guide.htm
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:45 AM   #49  
No Excuses

S/C/G: 283.5/278.5/215

Height: 6'3"

Good Morning Everyone!

Day 3 and 2 lbs less. Suprised by the quick weight loss, but it just makes me realize how many calories I was consuming before...A LOT!!!

Brandy...I'm not much of a cook either, the easier, the better. For lunch I like to make turkey sandwiches with slice of cheese and yogurt with Kashi cereal (gives it crunch and fiber). Otherwise a salad...but the prebagged salad, throw a little cheese on there, a few croutons, ff dressing and I'm good. (Natural Ovens has high fiber breads that aren't too bad that I use for sandwiches.)
baglynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:30 PM   #50  
Starting Fresh

so there is a chance I might get to go to Hawaii in April.... damit weight, COME OFF FASTER!!!!!

although... one of my last trips to hawaii I spent a week in the hospital and got my appendix out... lost 10 pounds or so! lol
Old 01-03-2007, 01:45 PM   #51  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Courtnie that would be so awesome!!! Plus, your appendix is gone so the hospital should be a thing of the past. Thanks for the calorie site. It helped me figure out a decent range to stay healthy yet hopefully lose.

Guess what I just did. I COOKED!!!

I made a mushroom/spinach soup and packed it into daily serving sizes and put some in the fridge and some in the freezer. I am actually planning lunches! I even bought some whole wheat wraps and some turkey, tomatoes, mozzarella, ff cream cheese, green peppers and onions to stuff them with. I even sauted up the peppers and onion and put them in a seperate container in the fridge. Thanks for all the great ideas. I'd love to hear some more if you've got em. Maybe I'm turning over a new leaf .

Ro-don't punish yourself over your breakfast. I know you can be better for the rest of the day. Make sure you get your gym time in and you'll feel lots better.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:51 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Hi! Feeling like crapola still today but it's not going to stop me! LOL!Haven't lost an ounce, actually up 3 lbs, cricky!! AF shows up this weekend so I'm guessing another 3 lbs there too! Yikes!Always gain between 4-8 lbs this time of month, so I don't count it as a gain or a loss.
I'll be back later ladies!
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:07 PM   #53  
Starting Fresh

brandy - all that sounds yummy, can I come to your house? haha
Old 01-03-2007, 03:23 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 216/215/150

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Hi ya girls!
I'm having a crappy day! I feel like poo and I just ate 4 cocolates! I just couldn't help myself. I just don't know where my will power is. I did just get my little visitor(sorry tmi) and all I want to do is eat chocolate! I did keep myself from buying a snickers at the gas station but I did by smokes and I had only had 2 since NYE. Dieting,trying to stop smoking, and old aunt Flo! It's just to much for one girl to deal with!!!

I have been drinking my water today and have done much better with my meals today except for the chocolates. And I plan on making baked chick tonight or broiled salmon. If I make the chick I promise I pitch the skin!

Brandy~ That soup sounds wonderful!

Rosario~ the wrap is exactly what I had yesterday except no cream cheese and instead a bit of ranch dressing. Isn't cream cheese really high in fat?

Wide in Winnipeg~(sorry don't know your name) So sorry your feeling crappy ! But I think I understand right where your coming from!

Have a great evening gals! I am hoping my hubby will take a walk with me later it is in the 50's here and pretty nice out.

Colleen
love2bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:44 PM   #55  
Starting Fresh

Colleen - I use cream cheese all the time. I usually use light tho (to save on calories) - 2grams of fat for 1 tbsp is nothing. Mind you, I don't follow a low fat diet... I believe in fat!!
Old 01-03-2007, 03:58 PM   #56  
Starting Fresh

I just had one of them slim fast meal bars... it wasn't that good... but anyway, ill finish the box off and not buy those again! haha

the shakes are good, like chocolate milk... mmmmm
the sad thing is... chocolate milk has less calories... anyway, I guess its got vitiams and what not... I think ill finish this stuff all up and go back to normal! cuz I can have a salmon burger (found them at costco last night) for less calories and more protien! but I hate to waste all this stuff I bought! mind you I guess it wont go bad, and its good for something quick....
Old 01-03-2007, 04:10 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2bthin View Post

Wide in Winnipeg~(sorry don't know your name) So sorry your feeling crappy ! But I think I understand right where your coming from!
My name is Wendy! LOL!

When I have wraps I just use salad fixins' with deli meats or tuna with a little italien dressing ,FF of course!
Old 01-03-2007, 07:32 PM   #58  
Starting Fresh

someone was talking about thai food and now I got the worst craving! those jerks! lol
Old 01-03-2007, 08:18 PM   #59  

Oh thanks alot Courtnie! Now I'm craving it! LOL!Pad Thai! Pad Thai! Yum!!
I had some homemade soup tonight so I'm full!Now all I have to do is get rid of this cold and I'll be happy!
Old 01-03-2007, 10:20 PM   #60  
Starting Fresh

I asked the boyfriend if we could get thai... he said no... so we had grilled cheese and soup!