Old 01-02-2007, 12:53 AM   #16  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I got on my bike for half an hour tonight! even tho I told myself I didnt have to start exercising till tomorrow! go me

I figured I should start the new year off right And I had a great day! 1300 cal and 30 min of exercise
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:18 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 239/214.6/145

Height: 5' 5.5

sotypical, wtg on starting off the New Year right.

I'm a mom of two kids 3yr old boy and 9 yr old girl. I tried to lose weight one time before. I lost 30 pounds and then got pregnant with ds. I gained 20pounds from the pregnancy and 32 pounds more afterwards. So far since October 17th I've lost 9 pounds. I got a 3 yr membership at a gym on December 5. December was a rough month for us with either 1 or more of us sick at a time. For the New Year all 4 of us was sick. So far 3 of the 4 are feeling a good bit better today.

This year's goals are : 1) dh and I making time for us, 2) work on a budget and keep to it, 3) get in better shape, and take time out for me. I've read the best investment made is in ones health and its time I started investing!
hsmomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:50 AM   #18  
Fat-be-gone

hey guys!! wow, everybody sounds like they are off to a great start. way to go!!!!

My new year didn't start til today as yesterday all I did was sleep and eat. I'm off to a good start already. Got some gym time in already. Just have to watch what I eat and I'm hoping to start Slim in 6 today.

my new year goals are:

1 - lose weight (hopefull all of it this year!)
2 - save money
3 - start school
4 - take a vacation (a real one, I'm thinking Puerto Rico)
5 - be nicer to my bf

Looks like I got my work cut out for me.

Have a great day everyone.
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:29 AM   #19  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

HOLY CRAP! I weigh over 150 again. OK, I'm going hardcore, and I'll be under this by next Monday. That is my main weekly goal. I've gotten in a 4 mile walk and I think I'm going to try to do a turbokick workout if I can do it with this cold. I am feeling better, but still congested and my throat is still sore.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:11 AM   #20  
Starting Fresh

I guess I could introduce myself... my name is Courtnie, I am 21 and I live with my boyfriend and my puppy. Like others I of course I have tried many times to lose weight as I have been over weight my whole life. I am over half way there now! yay! I am a web developer... and yah that's about it. lol

A couple more new year goals for me....
GET MORE SLEEP!
go on a trip somewhere... anywhere with my BF (been together 2.5 years and never gone anywhere!!)
Old 01-02-2007, 11:43 AM   #21  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

You all have wonderful goals for the year. I'm not real good at the yearly goals thing. I basically just want to continue to be active and healthy. Some days I achieve this, and others I dont. I want to be active more days than not this year.

Anne-GREAT JOB on a loss over the holidays.

Rosario-Hooray for the gym time girl! You're doing wonderful!!!

Courtnie-Glad you were able to get on your bike yesterday. I was a total slug yesterday, but I'm going strong today!

Shari-I bow to your ability to do ANYTHING on as little sleep as you did after NY's. I never could do that even when I was younger. My body basically shuts down and decides for me that I WILL sleep now.

Wendy-Sorry for your jaw, but at least it kept your diet on track!

Monica-Congratulations on such a wonderful suprise as a #5!

Cmom-lets get back on track now that the holidays are past us.

hsmom-I like your goal of making more time for hubby and you. I really need to focus more on that this year as well. It is way to easy for both of us to get wrapped up in our own things and forget how important it is to do things together as well. You've done a great job starting your weight loss. Keep it up.

I did get in a second workout, and I'm feeling pretty good. I think I'll have some lunch and then head into town to get my allergy shot. Have a great one everybody.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:46 PM   #22  
Starting Fresh

I got on my bike for an hour today! two days in a row! yipee!!
Old 01-02-2007, 01:35 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

I got my exercise in and change my room around ( that took an hour or more 'cause of the cleaning under things and moving things around until I found where I wanted them) so I got in a little extra today.

Ro~ It's a new year you can do it this time!

Brandy~ I am with you

monica~ Congarts I want more kids but the hubby says he wants to retire
someday ,I can't understand why! lol!

Wendy~ consider it lucky you cannot overeat now lol

As for goals this year well just to keep active and hopefully reah my goal. I may end up changing once I am there but I want to at least reach my first goal.

Oh yeah I only put on 4 pounds but put on .5 inch in the waist so my January goal is to lose 4 pounds and my .5 inch
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 01:40 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

I gave in I changed my ticker before the end of the week.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:00 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Hi Ladies! Just popping in quick, I'm on my way out to see my mom and dad, maybe get some ham now that the jaw is ok. I woke up with a head cold so I canceled my workout this morning and just got on the bike for 1/2 an hour, hope to do more later.
Have a great day!
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:12 PM   #26  
Starting Fresh

I still don't know how much I gained....
I know I am holding onto water cuz I am down 2.6 pounds from yesterday! lol

Wendy - I LOVE the pic in your siggie! awesome saying!!!! I'm stealing it!
Old 01-02-2007, 02:21 PM   #27  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Great job Court! Did you go to school to be a web developer?

Hi HSMom!

Ro ~ Puerto Rico? Sounds nice. I want to go to Scotland one day.

Brandy ~ All I can say is that I get it from my mama!

CM ~ You watch Dog too?

Wendy, I hope you get better soon! Love the saying!

Edited to add: Oh yeah, WI was today and I'm at 244.6 now. I'm still at work so I'll change my ticker when I get home!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:38 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

I'll go with you to Scotland Shari!!! I've been there 5 times and I love it!Also like to take Ryan there when he's about 14 so he can appreciate the history and beauty of it and not just goof around over there!
Not going to M&D's, RJ took a fit just as we were leaving and I'm punishing him for it now.
Maybe I should start de-Christmasing the house...
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:41 PM   #29  
Starting Fresh

Shari - I did go to school to be a web developer. I did two years equvalent (took a bit longer cuz I was doing it while in high school). I have a diaploma in Digital Media Technologies.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:45 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 216/215/150

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

Hello all! I thought I would introduce myself too. My name is Colleen and I am a 28 year old stay at home mom. I have two beautiful little girls ages 1 and 5. I love staying home but I think not getting out much and not being around others keeps me from losing weight. I use to be so much more active when I worked and I know I didn't eat as much.

I am not a lover of exercise but I am REALLY going to try! I just want to look HOT again and feel good and keep up with my girls. What do y'all do for exercise?
I am doing great drinking my water, almost a gallon already today! And I am doing much better on meals today than yesterday. Yesterday was aweful!!! I have no will power when it comes to chocolate!
HAve a great day girls!

Co

I LOST MY 1ST POUND!!!!!
WOOHOO for me!
love2bthin is offline   Reply With Quote