Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 03:23 PM   #1  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weighty Issues #47: December 06

to the DECEMBER edition of our Weighty Issues thread.

The holiday season is here. We don't want EXTRA POUNDS for Christmas do we? No! Need some new inspiration? We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life, spread out from the East Coast to the West Coast and the sunny Pacific .

We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss , it's about LIFE . If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on , come on in,
grab a chair and stay awhile . You'll be glad you did.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:27 PM   #2  
so close, yet so far...

Whew! Has anyone noticed it's December??? I figured I should start a new thread, huh?

I'm having MAJOR issues with my computer hard drive--it cr@pped out on me and I am trying to rebuild my files. The data recovery people are working on it but the situation looks a little bleak, but I'm not stressing out over it too much, if I did, I may just go nuts. I'm just taking it one day at a time...

So Angie, WELCOME BACK hon! We missed ya. Did you get the email Hawaiian postcard I sent? I was testing my memory with your email addy cuz like i said, my hard drive crashed and I was guessing. Anywhos, so glad to hear from you again. It's not the same around here w/out ya.

Kempy, those homes are so beautiful! I wanna move to TX My niece is in Ft. Sam Houston right now, which is probably far away from you.

Cherie, hope you got my email as well.

I gotta run for now, but will be back later.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:47 PM   #3  

Noelle everytime you talk about your puter I remembe that I need to take mine to get looked at. I wonder if Best Buy has someone to do that.

You have to take into account those pics are of the BIG houses. Not all of us live in those but it is still really nice to live here. I have no idea where that base is. Sorry.

I have been busy today. I straighten up the office for the umtenth time. I swear I just can't get it right. We really could use furniture in here. We have never had a study before so we are a little unser furnished. Well, I have to make sue with what I have until the house sells. (soon, soon, soon) (subliminal thoughts)
Old 12-05-2006, 05:01 PM   #4  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey Noelle. Yes I got your pic and I called Jay over to have a look. We are so coming to Hawaii soon!!! As soon as I can find someplace to send Rebel and get rid of the kids for a vaca we are coming.

I hope you can get your puter fixed. Mine wont let me send email out....unless it is for a reply. Weird huh? It just started doing it one day and said my computer isnt configured to send email I dont know why since the day before it could. I am very stupid when it comes to computers so I guess I will pay the computer guy to check it out for me.

Kempy, That is a beautiful neighborhood. We dont have anything like that here since it is all country and there isnt a need. If I had to live in the city I would make sure it was gated too. I liked the pathways they have there. very nice.

Well, I have to make sure I am not burning supper.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:54 PM   #5  
so close, yet so far...

Good morning ladies, happy hump day. Well, our Christmas tree is up with lights but we are letting Michael pretty much put the ornaments on. That should be interesting, most of the ornaments will be on the middle and bottom . I also got some of my hard drive info back on DVD from the repair place. I have to go through it and see what's left.

Angie, I got your b-day card yesterday. That has got to be the funniest freakin' gift-card holder I have EVER seen . Thanks for the laughs and the gift card, you know I will use it! As far as your email, it could be as simple as unplugging your internet connection to re-set it and plugging it back in, or you may have to just uninstall the software for the email program and reinstall it. Mine does that sometimes too. I reset the cable modem and it seems to do the trick. I HATE computer problems!

Kempy, the pics of your house were beautiful. Even if you say it is a smaller model, it is just awesome to look at. I noticed some "designer" homes were almost a million... you know at those prices, a house your size in HI would still be close to a million--it's location location location right?

Hey Cal, did your doctor let you take your frankenboot off? Hope you're healing up well. What is Ashley asking for for Christmas this year?

Hi to Cherie, Dips, Julie (where ya hiding? we miss you!)
Old 12-07-2006, 07:37 AM   #6  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning. Noelle, I loved that card when I saw it. I bought it at Target. I got one for Corey that says the dog ate your present but I got it back and you can guess what is on the inside of the card. hahaha.
I am surprised that it got to you so quickly. Usually it takes over a week for something to get to you.

I bought a 4 foot tree this year. We might throw it in the shower in the rv to use in Florida too. It came out cute for being so small. I usually gt a HUGE one that he has to cut down some to still get in the house. Plus I have my 2 palm trees to put outside of the camper as well.

Last edited by angieME; 12-08-2006 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:24 PM   #7  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls, I'm just done with lunch and am thinking about a nap... I have a bunch of invoices I need to bill and then maybe I can. Is anyone done with their Christmas shopping yet? I just made a list yesterday and while I do have gifts for a lot of people, I still need to get the rest squared away. I'm thinking of just making cookies for those friends nearby that I don't really have a clue what to get.

Angie, good for Brit! I'm thinking you guys are seeing a bit of light at the end of the teen-years tunnel. I've heard news that Hawaii is supposed to be getting a Target store maybe sometime in 2008 . OMG I can't wait!!! I love that place.

Well, I have a bunch of work to finish, I'll catch up w/y'all later. Have a good one.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:02 PM   #8  

Well, the dr. is keeping the frankenboot on for a while longer. It is healing well and she's going to take another xray next week. She put a bright red bandange on (Christmas color). I'm also still using the walker. I'm afraid to walk very far without it or something because I still trip quite easily. My kids at school want to decorate the boot and the dr. told me to let them. I don't know right now, I'm a little upset at the little heathens right now.

Angie: That is great about Brit. What a positive thing.

I'm off to bed right now because I'm exhausted. Have a good night everyone and a HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! tomorrow.

Cal
Old 12-08-2006, 11:09 AM   #9  

Hey guys. Sorry I missed yesterday. I brought the girls to get groomed. Since I don't let them run up fron on the street anymore their nails were really long. I have never cut them so I got the whole spa thing for them. I told Joe I know how parents feel dropping their kids off at school now. I felt terrible! Weird I know.

Angie that is great news about Brit. I really hope she is starting to think about what she is doing to herself and everyone she loves. You are leaving next week right? you will have such a good time. Just be sure that there are plenty of rest stops for Jay.

Noelle it is cookies for all of my family this year. We told them that since the house still has not sold that is all we can do. I think it is a great idea. I would much rather something like that anyways. I know that someone spent the time to work on it for me.

Cal are you worried that they will put bad things on you foot? I know it sucks but it is always better to be safe than sorry so keep that thing on and your foot will be strong in no time.

I am skipping the gym today. I have been putting off some small things htat need to be done and Joe pointed them out yesterday. So, that means he is tired of seeing them.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:58 AM   #10  
so close, yet so far...

Woo-hoo it's the weekend! Rick has to work today so I am dragging Michael around Christmas shopping. Tomorrow we will be going to Safeway and building gingerbread houses, that should be fun + no mess to clean up at home! I will try to send out your Christmas cards and small gifts today.

Cal, you are so funny with your descriptions of the kids I bet if you let them sign your cast they wouldn't dare write anything bad, you still have the power to grade them don't you? Anyway, I hope you heal up quickly and are back on your two feet in no time.

Kempy, I loved that pic you sent of Rhea and Echo. They are so pretty. So you had that parental guilt when you dropped them off? Did I tell you that one of my sisters is a dog groomer? I've got so many sisters that I'm bound to have one in any given profession...

Angie, I got the Christmas card yesterday, that is a cute picture. The cat (is that Teddy or Tyson?) looks so thrilled to be wearing that hat We haven't dressed up our animals yet this year, YET!

Cherie, hope you are doing well out there. Have a fun weekend.

Dips, you too girl. Get out here and say hello

I'm gonna go get ready for Christmas shopping....where are my combat boots?
Old 12-11-2006, 02:33 PM   #11  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi guys!! I am running around like a chicken with its head cut off this week. I had to have fecal exams for the dogs because I thought they had worms but nope it was just the milk jug zippythingies that they eat when I throw them down for the cats to play with. silly dogs. I ot a nice clean house out of it though. haha. I bleached everything.

We are leaving Saturday morning. Brit has some stomach thing so I am hoping we dont get it. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Cal, I hope you get your cast off soon. That must be hard to deal with.

Noelle, That is Tyson. I have a pic I took of Mickey all dressed up and he looks exactly like the Grinch's dog in the cartoon. I took that one after we did the cards or he would have been the one.

Kempy, I love the pic of the 2 dogs too. So cute. I just want to cuddle them. I keep having dreams that I am visiting your house. Strange huh?

Well, I gotta get going. Our oven in the bakery is broken now so I think we have to go to Bangor and buy a part for it.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:21 PM   #12  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls, I was able to get your Christmas cards and stuff all mailed out on Saturday, I hope it gets to you all by Friday at the latest . I still have to mail another box out to my BIL in San Francisco and the box is so heavy I am dreading what postage will cost on it. 'tis the season.

We went and made gingerbread houses at Safeway yesterday, it was SO FUN! And like I expected, no cleanup! Yeah!!! I'll try and post a pic of it later. Me and Rick went shopping for a few hours on Saturday evening and I got most of my Christmas stuff done. I only have to buy for him and one of my sisters than I am done, other than the cookie baking stuff... Oooh, the best deal I found so far was Kodak 512MB memory cards for my camera for $9.99. I made Michael come with me because it was limit 2 per person--I got 4 of 'em. Score!

Angie, you guys must be so excited about your vacation. You all deserve one. That is funny about the dogs eating the plastic milk tab. I remember finding some blue frisbee like that once, eeewwwwww Well, take care of yourselves so you don't get the bug that Brit has, and I hope she feels better soon.

I gotta get back to work. Have a good one.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:24 PM   #13  
so close, yet so far...

Here is Michael's gingerbread house for 2006

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 01-22-2008 at 06:33 PM.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:18 PM   #14  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Here is a pic of Mickey looking like the grinch's dog.

Noelle, The gingerbread house is cute and so isn't he!! He is growing right up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2902.JPG (28.9 KB, 10 views)
Old 12-13-2006, 01:53 PM   #15  

Love the pics girls. Isn't it funny what we do to our animals? And to think they still love us afterwards.

I have been off for a while b/c my depression is coming back. I don't know if you guys know this but I am on meds for that and they ARE NOT working. I thought I was sick Monday but after I talked to my mom I think it was depression. I am just not very happy right now. I know it is b/c we moved but this is just rediculous. I guess it is b/c I don't have any friends and I don't do anything all day but stay at home with the dogs. I know that the answer is to get out and get a job but I think once we sell the house inPonchatoula we are going to start and try for a baby. I don't want to be working then and have to take off. It would just be easier to stay home. I think the house not selling is really getting to me. Our taxes are due here and we are not going to have the money to pay them. Not a good way to satrt off in a new home. I am sorry I am putting all of this on you guys but you really are the only friends I have and I need you right now.
Closed Thread