Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 08:18 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss & Chit Chat #226

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.

Last edited by Marti; 01-05-2007 at 11:20 AM.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:33 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Marti - the satin button lights sound really nice, even though I don't think I've ever seen any. I agree with Jules, 2 pounds by Jan. 19 is doable for sure! Yes, I'm ready to get back OP. It's amazing how much better we feel when we eat right, but then eat the wrong things anyway.

Jules - glad you finally got your Amazon order. I have seen pink kitchen accesories in a couple of different catalogs, and think it's cute. My sister had a pink kitchen waaaaay back when. What's old is new again, as they say.

Tiffie - hope you're feeling better now.

Hello to everyone else reading this.

We took down our Christmas decorations today. I kept out the snowmen, though, since they are "winter" items. None of them have red and green on them, lol. I've had Fall stuff and then Christmas stuff out since sometime in September, and it's nice to just have my regular stuff back, with the addition of the snowmen.

What're your plans for New Year's Eve? Neal and I are staying home and having a nice dinner, and watching a Twilight Zone marathon, lol. My sister Maggie, who's a widow, may come by. If she does, we're going to play some cards. Woo Hoo, can't get any more exciting than that, right? But since NYE is on a Sunday night and the bars are closed, the clubs will be packed to the rafters, and I personally just can't take all that smoke. <cough, cough!!>

Gotta surf a bit.... see ya later......
Old 12-27-2006, 10:08 PM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

JULES...glad you got your order...we are still waiting, lol!

MARTI...you are brave. We did the shopping a couple of days after Christmas last year and it really wasn't so bad. But...too busy to do any this year.

JANE...nothing planned on NYE...staying around the house and getting things done.

TIFFIE...hope you are feeling better and soon.

Hi to everyone else!

Boy, we were busy bee's yesterday. Never thought I would get it done but we got all the Christmas stuff down and packed up, inside and out. I went out and helped V with some lower stuff that I could reach outside until I got too cold and then came in and started inside. I did get it all done and so glad everything is back to normal. Well...as normal as can be here, lol. Not much else going on.

Have a good one!
Old 12-28-2006, 10:27 AM   #4  
ugggg.....

Jane-Ryan told Alicia she can get more pink stuff for the kitchen--they are going to do black and pink together.

Tiffie--hope you are feeling better

Cristina--hope you get your books soon!! see you are doing a challenge--what's the blue team???

Really busy--taking my break at work posting to you guys!! Have a great day!!
Old 12-28-2006, 03:41 PM   #5  
One day at a time

Howdy Chickies!

JULES...I forgot about the pink crockpot...glad she liked it. I saw a pink kitchen a few years ago and loved it! Of course that is one of my favorite colors. But I bet it would be awesome to have a pink kitchen. The Blue team...on the exercise thread there is a thread called the Biggest Loser and they divided it into two teams...the red and blue and I am on the blue team. Thought I could use something to get me motivated to get started with this weight loss again. I've been too bad since Josh was home the end of November so it is time to get back on track.

Hi to everyone else

Nothing much going on today. Working around the house with errands in between. Supposed to be getting some icky weather this evening so wanted to get things done before that starts. V is painting Jason's room and we went and bought him a new bed. Also, went and bought groceries, went to the realtor and signed some papers for the builder and now I need to do some packing here and there to de-clutter. Anywho...hope everyone is having a good day! Lots of hugs...
Old 12-28-2006, 06:23 PM   #6  
ugggg.....

Cristina--I really need to get motivated. I gained most of the 15 lbs I lost back. I am paying for a gym membership that I need to go to and I have to start drinking my water again.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:49 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Jules - pink and black together will make a very pretty kitchen. I like pink and black outfits, too.

Cristi - yay for you joining an exercise team. I'm rootin' for ya!!

A big hello to anyone else reading this.

I don't know if I mentioned it on the last thread or not, but my plantar's fasciites has flared up again and is giving me fits! I've been doing the foot exercises the doc told me to do, and always wear my arch supports, but it isn't getting better yet. Patience, Jane, patience, right? It worked last time, so I'm hopeful. I'm supposed to rest it a lot, but that's really, really hard to do. The doc said NO treadmill while my foot is in this shape the last time this happened, so I didn't even bother to call and ask this time.

The weather here is unseasonable warm, and here I am, wanting snow. I guess I'm just going to have to move to Canada, or something.

Have a good one, ladies!

Last edited by Jane; 12-28-2006 at 07:04 PM.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:56 AM   #8  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

Hello

New years eve plans? curling up on a mountain of pillows on our bed watching the telecast of the fireworks and stuff from around the world.

a pink and black kitchen? sounds totally cute to me. I'd probably be afraid to make pasta or anything else messy for fear it wouldnt' come out though..

Somebunny evidently needed my YOU On A Diet book more than I did, it's vanished out of my van at some point over the holidays.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:58 AM   #9  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies,

It's Friday already! Having to work only 2days this week is nice. Only 4 next week. Wish it was like that all the time!

Jane--New Years I may be all alone. Jhanai is staying w/her dad this weekend. I told her not to worry about staying since he'll probably do something w/friends and all I'm doing is hanging out at home. I have plans to work on my pages that I need to send to you and Cristi! (sorry they're soooooo late!)

Cristi-- All our stuff is packed up and gone too. My living room looks huge!! I asked James, did we pack something we shouldn't have....why do we have so much more room?? How great that you've joined the TBL group. What is all involved w/that? Good luck, we'll cheer you on!

Jules--Did you get any time off for the holidays besides the holiday itself? (I hope you got Christmas off!) How about New Years? Time to schedule a vacation!

Mkat--Now who would take your "You" book? I've heard it's a popular book. My sister has it and I plan on checking it out once she's gone over it. Love your plans for NYE! Sounds like we'll be doing close to the same thing!

Well I suppose I should get myself ready for work. I'm really not in the mood for it, which is really terrible considering I only have to work the two days, but there are some really frustrating things that go on, and all I can do is sit back and watch. I wonder if our lab will ever run smoothly? Or....will we ever have workers that are going to last longer than 6mos.??

Ok....off I go to grab a cup of coffee.....then head off to work.

Hello to all the other gals that are MIA! Pop back in for a quick hello, we miss ya!
Old 12-29-2006, 12:31 PM   #10  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

I don't know. Sick part is, last time I saw it for sure was right before I went into McDonalds!
Old 12-29-2006, 12:34 PM   #11  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

Thank you ladies!

JULES...I too need to get back to my water drinking. I probably had two bottles in the last two weeks. And I haven't been to IF in weeks. Headed back there Tuesday when everything gets back to normal though.

JANE...sorry the pf is acting up. Hope it gets better soon. I bet it is frustrating to say the least.

MKAT...hope you find your book.

MARTI...hope it gets better at your job. It cracks me up how some people are lucky enough to get a good job and not keep it. What is involved with TBL? Just following whatever program and losing weight, Oh, and beating the red team. It is a contest with another team to see who loses the most weight in the time frame. Thought it would be good motivation for me.

Where's Miss Sassy and Michelle? And the rest of the ladies? Come out, come out wherever you are.

Hi to everyone else

Guess I missed that about a pink and black kitchen...sounds so pretty though. Like some of the kitchens back in the 50's/60's...I loved that era.

Today, I have to get some paperwork ready for the lender and drop off on our way over to see the new house. V wanted to go see it again and I want to take some pictures to show Josh. Then I'll be working on the office getting my scrapbook table cleaned off-what a mess. And a few other little things.

You ladies take care and I hope everyone has a wonderful day/weekend!

Lot's of hugs!
Old 12-29-2006, 06:39 PM   #12  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

mkat - aww, I hope you find your book. I bought 2 copies, one to keep and 1 to loan out, and now I'm getting a waiting list for the 2nd one, lol.

Marti - sorry there are some frustrating things going on at work. Seems to me that a good job like that would make the employees want to stay. Are you doing a single scrapbook page, or doubles, like Cristi and I did? I wanted to do just one page, but have too much to tell for just one page, lol. I'll be glad to see yours!

Cristi - yes, the pf is getting frustrating! Some friends and I wanted to make plans to go to Evansville for shopping one day next week, and I'm afraid to go since I don't know about my foot. It wouldn't be any fun to be in a mall and not be able to walk, lol. Hope you got your errands done.

Hello to everyone reading this.

My days are all messed up this week, and this does not seem like Friday. I didn't get much done, since I've been babying my foot. What I've been working on is re-doing my recipes onto regular paper, instead of recipe cards. I get so many recipes from the internet, or copies from friends, that I decided to do this as my new project. So I bought a cool binder for them, and one each for my DDs. I thought that while I'm printing the old recipes out, I might as well print one for each of them. Hopefully this will help keep my hands busy after I jump back on the wagon Monday.

I've decided that since I can't walk the treadmill, I'm going to keep working on strength training for my upper body, and do leg and hip exercises like we did in gym class back in the day that can be done sitting on the floor. That way I won't be hurting my foot. Not exactly good cardio, but at least it's something.

Have a good weekend!
Old 12-30-2006, 02:01 AM   #13  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hello ladies...I have been here and read some, but due to a slow computer I can't post well. It is very frustrating. Hope evryone had a wonderful Christmas and will have a nice NY eve. We are in Vegas where they have the BIGGEST party...and will probably stay home. LOL. Most years we go out to a local place and have champagne, but doubt we try that this year.
I am getting walking in and not eating too too badly. Hope to get better now that the fudge is gone. I want to do You, the Diet when I get back to IN. I would love to hear anything you ladies who are/have tried it can tell me. Like maybe a few hints to try now to get prepared to start it full fledged in the Spring. I don't even have scales here. Yikes.
We are well and have had fun, but might head back home earlier than planned. I think we all miss the new house. We will see what happens.

DH got me the most beautiful book for bird watching and even binoculars..so I can't wait for Spring.

Now to cross my fingers and hope this sends.....
Old 12-30-2006, 03:53 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 268/240/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi guys.

I have been very sick. Luckily, my flu is over, but now I'm worrying about something else. After calling a nurse hotline at my local hospital today, I went to the emergency room on her advice. My abnormal ToM has lasted three weeks now. Anyhow, they did a bunch of blood tests and aside from finding that I'm not pregnant (duh!), they found out nothing. Now, I have an OB/Gyn appointment next week, but every day my ToM gets heavier. And I'm starting to really worry about what it could be. My fiance is being very supportive... But I'm really worried it might be something they'll have to knock me out for (I hate anesthesia). Anyways, aside from that, I'm doing okay. I haven't been able to work out since a couple of days before Christmas. Now, my cramping is getting pretty bad. Stupid doctors, not seeing me till next week. Bleh.

JANE: Hope you're doing better. It's better to take it easy than not exercise at all... but then, I'm not even taking my own advice!

SUE: Sucks about your computer. I'm glad you were able to post, at least. It can be so frusterating when your computer just won't cooperate! I hope your NY Eve is great, too. My fiance and I will be sharing it with my family this year.

To everyone I'm missing: I'm sorry, it's just too late to go over all the names right now. Besides, I'm trying really hard not to worry about what my unusual bleeding might indicate.

Thanks for all the well-wishing! I will update you guys when I have the chance.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:58 PM   #15  
ugggg.....

Tiffie--I hope your OB/gyn finds out what is happenning with you. There are several of us on this site that have problem TOM's so we can relate. my daughter who is 19 is having some problems herself--she has the tendency to get lots of little cysts, none big enough to do anything about but she has had two or three rupture since she was 15. She is having her second TOM this month and is really crampy. They did tests but don't find anything wrong with her. I have had to have one ovary removed and have problems with cramping and two monthly TOM's myself.

Sue--I just got the Dr Oz book myself--am going to start reading it today. Hub and I will be lucky if we are up to see the ball drop!!

Jane--I started a notebook too, actually a couple of small ones with sheet protectors in them, I have a dessert one, a main dish one and a side one. It was something my MIL did--the sheet protectors keep the pages clean.

Cristina--good luck with the lender and the house buying and selling!!

MKat--that's terrible that someone stole your book out of your vehicle.

Marti-Right now our little group is pretty good--no major personality issues--yes there are things we all do that pluck the others nerves but nothing that makes anyone of us want to leave. I am thinking about taking an extra day when we get the MLK holiday and painting my kitchen. I know we are definitely taking off a week in June to go to Indianapolis to see my FIL. I would like to take a week and go to Arizoona to see hubbys cousins in September too. With everything paid off we might actually be able to do some of the things we want starting next summer.

Where is SASSY!!!!

Well back to going through my junk pile!!
Closed Thread