Old 06-29-2007, 02:37 AM   #61  

x

Last edited by FitandFine; 07-15-2011 at 02:47 AM.
FitandFine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:04 PM   #62  

Hello, women!

I am so glad you are are still here. Sorry I dropped off again. Yes, I'm still using that stroller. That was the best $250 I ever spent. I never have an excuse for not getting some kind of exercise in.

Eating is going well, though with party season in full swing I admit to overindulging in the cocktails and wine a bit here and there. Oh, well. I'm having fun and don't seem worse for the wear. The self-imposed challenge I'm facing is that I'm trying to eat the majority of my foods from local sources. Add that to our mostly gluten-free and cow's milk-free diet and things get interesting. Actually, we're eating very well, especially since the bounty is in at the farmers' markets. I'm even blogging about it, which you can see here: http://dirttodish.blogspot.com.

My big problem is still this damned diastasis. Now that I've lost all the excess fat, when I lay on my back my tummy skin falls into the gap in my muscles. Charming! I'm doing special exercises for it now, hoping to see some results. Even if my tummy isn't flat, I just want my core to be strong. My lower back is really a problem right now and I can't do a lot of things I want to do, like gardening.

My arms, though, look loverly, I must say. I'm going to a conference in Chicago at the end of the month and I'm all motivated to look good in sleeveless shirts.

Anyone up for something like a 1000 minute challenge for the month? Maybe 700 minutes since it's already the 9th.
Shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:58 PM   #63  

Thumbs up

x

Old 07-11-2007, 09:09 AM   #64  

I'm all for the 1000 challenge. I log my exercise time at work so it won't be any extra effort for me. I have been good about getting in the right amount of time on exercise and the past two weeks have been working on pushing myself rather than coasting. The big 40 birthday is looming and I do have a goal!

We had a bit of a rough ending at June. I ran my 5K, the next week we went on vacation (great & relaxing) and then my daughter's mom unexpectedly died at 38 so we were out of town and had a long drive for the funeral. She is technically my stepd but she lived with us for years and I just never refer to her as that....so a bit of an emotional crisis for her and a big eye opener for me that I'm not invincible! Her mom did not take care of herself and lived a hard life but at one point she was a pretty healthy active person.

I do love walking in the a.m. now and can't stand to do it in the evening when so many people are around. My girlfriend and I have also noticed a trend....every week there is new people out M & T with their dog or out running and then we never see them again. We are proud of ourselves for walking for over 1 1/2 years and making it a habit.

I have not made good enough use of the Farmers Market here but we do keep talking about going every week. Maybe these posts will inspire me to actually go out and do it. I don't think one is very far away from me and it would be nice to visit the big one in Minneapolis. I had a daycare child who had celiac disease so I cooked a lot of stuff for him that probably tasted horrible. I have seen that foods have come a long way since then because there were about 3 items on the shelf that you could buy. I have food allergies too so I am a fussy eater. Not too much processed and still can not have more than a bit or two of anything with corn syrup in it!

Okay back to work! Glad to see all the posts!
SAB 5% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:16 AM   #65  

x

Old 07-19-2007, 09:49 AM   #66  

Since I have been good about posting on the 1000 Challenge thought I should make an effort to post here.....

Exercise is going well - need to start intense training for the 2nd 5K. I know the girl I am running with is looking forward to keeping this going but with the two boys going up another level in hockey - my time starts to quickly dwindle.

Food - I am getting much better with portion control. I do think overall I eat very healthy but never the right amounts. My rule for the past two weeks has just been to eat but no 2nd servings.....dropped 5 pounds. Guess there is one of my problems!!

Not so much a medical situation as just making choices that led to her death at 38. Eating disorders, alcohol, mental health disorders, lack of exercise & nutrition, possible drugs??? She was pretty darn healthy except for her smoking at one point....think it all just killed her slowly.

I bought new shoes yesterday - pretty easy to kill your shoes when I started running. Takes me a while to get used to new ones. I also have started wearing heels a bit more at work and don't think my feet like that! They might look pretty but 2 times a week is about all I can handle.

Now my big challenge on no 2nds this weekend will be at a big beach BBQ on Saturday. Send me vibes to enjoy the company but not overindulge in the food!!

I should get some work done - it's nice being able to post again (but I might invest my $15 to get rid of the popups too!)
SAB 5% is offline   Reply With Quote