Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 10:51 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Christmas is a very depressing time of the year for a lot of people. So, vogue, you are not alone.

You can still get into a university. Apply everywhere! Then apply for scholarships. There are usually a lot of scholarships for people that cannot afford tuition--and most of those are tied to the particular school, so you cannot apply for the scholarship until after you've been accepted to the school. If that fails, there are student loans as well as grants. You have to really sell yourself to get scholarships, so start thinking positive on that front.

My DD is also depressed this year. She has gained weight and feels bad about herself and has no motivation to change. She got a new manager at work and she feels that he "has it out for her" and I'm thinking if she doesn't start doing as he requests she might get fired (or quit out of frustration). She is failing a class and doesn't seem to grasp the idea that if she fails she will have to attend summer school which means her trip to China is in jeopardy.

Good luck to you.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:13 PM   #17  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

Gayle- Thanks for your support. you know I dont even care about the presents whatsoever , I dont care if I get one piece of anything for christmas. Its just upsetting that I know I could acheive so much but i may have to settle for a crappy community college beacause my family cant afford anything. I know everything thats happened in my life has made me a better person, im not a brat teenager and I have value in everything. I heard a girl yesterday say I better get a new ipod. I wanted to slap her in the face. if she had half the life I do she wouldnt survive a single day. I know about the weight thing. I want to but cant seem to hold on to any motvation. im sick of being lonely is the problem. if I had a special guy in my life things may be a little diffrent in that department.

allison- TRIP TO CHINA WHAT?? Thats so bizaree , your letting her go to china? I wanted to go on a european trip with school and my mom laughed at me and said nope. If I dont get enough scholoarships I wont be going anywhere and Ill be stuck here forever.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:16 PM   #18  

Anyone on?

Wanna chat?

I'll be in the chat room until around 1:30--type "4mself" so I'll hear you talking to me!
Old 12-21-2006, 01:20 PM   #19  

vogue, the trip to China for DD is with her concert band. They will be performing at the Bejing Music Olympics. This will be her 2nd international tour--two years ago, the band went to Australia and New Zealand and performed at the Sydney Opera House. I know she is looking forward to the trip--I hope she doesn't screw anything up.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:40 PM   #20  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

wow. thats amazing. I went to disney world in 8th grade when i used to play the clairinet and thats about it. ha
Old 12-22-2006, 07:27 AM   #21  

Vogue-My DD goes to USF, and it has been all with her Bright Futures and other scholorships. We haven't paid much out of pocket at all. You can do the same. Junior year is the time to start looking and applying for scholorships. Becky also does a workstudy thing to get her through school. You can go to a university, and you can go it all yourself, just by your grades, SAT and ACT scores, and working. USF (don't you actually live near there?) has many grants available. She loves it there and highly recommends it. Let your mom know that the presents don't matter as much as she thinks. Like Gayle says, homemade presents are the best.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:41 AM   #22  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Vouge ~ Shelley is right, if you want it bad enough and are willing to work for it then you can pretty much go to any school you want. There are lots of people here who have been through the process so listen to them...they know what they are talking about!

Also, homemade gifts or gifts from the heart are the best...I would rather get them over just about anything! Coupons for helping around the house, washing the car, babysitting, or even a hug...things like that are great and you can print them right off of the computer!

Gayle ~ Poor Ali! I hope the next trip to the ortho goes better for her. How is she feeling now?

Janice ~ Come on girl...you know there are no quick fixes! The weight didn't come on over night and drinking that nasty mess isn't going to take it off over night either. The only way to get the weight off and keep it off is diet and exercise.

As soon as Christmas is over the tree is coming down, the leftovers are going in the garbage and I'm getting serious about diet and exercise again. I'm holding at 150, but I want to get the last 10 pounds off by summer!
Old 12-22-2006, 04:57 PM   #23  

Talking To all my Floozies

I love you all!!!

Happy 1st day of Winter!

Merry Christmas!

Happy last day(s) of Hanukkah!
Old 12-22-2006, 06:12 PM   #24  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

i had made a long post before about colleges and I guess it didnt post. darn it! I dont feel like typing it again but I can say we have had a spread of luck in our house and christmas is going to be great after all. Not that I care about presents but my mom does and she is super happy now so I am in a good good mood. things are nice. my grandma send us 2 cheesecakes for x-mas . that was a surprise so yeah things are turning out pretty good. thanks to everyone whos been so supportive the past two days or so,:-)
Old 12-22-2006, 07:11 PM   #25  

You will have a merry Christmas, vogue. But stay away from the cheesecake!!!! LOL

We had a party at work and bought Mexican food for all the guys. Everyone was very appreciative. I spent most of my morning with one of my guys at urgent care--he hurt his back on the job and was in so much pain he couldn't fill out the paperwork. One of our VERY best employees, too. It's just a muscle thing, thank goodness. We'll put him on restricted duty for a couple of weeks to make sure he heels well.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:56 AM   #26  

Vogue-So happy to hear things are better at your house.

This holiday season really has me thinking about all the dear Floozies who I grew so close to and miss sorely: Sherry, Ramona, Debbie, Doni, Vicki, Jennelle. Even though you all have not been around, I still consider you my close friends. Please know that I am thinking about all of you and if you are perhaps lurking, please check in just to say hi or happy holidays!!
Old 12-23-2006, 11:03 AM   #27  

Love your new avatar, Shelley!
Old 12-23-2006, 11:04 AM   #28  
Janice

Vouge - I am so happy that you are more upbeat now. I was worried about you.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:03 PM   #29  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Tomorrow is going to be a very busy day here. Everyone will be here for a lasagna dinner, then we will all go to church together and then back here for presents and lots of snacks. Christmas will be much quieter. Tim and I will be on our own, but it will be nice to spend a nice quiet day together with nothing to do!

Have a very merry Christmas everyone!
Old 12-23-2006, 08:26 PM   #30  
Losing it!

Sounds like our day Suzy! We will have church in the morning, lunch out with relatives, home to bake, to my mom's home for food & presents, then 10:00 mass. Can you say FUN!!! LOL!
Christmas morning, up bright and early for Santa, then on to a FULL day at MIL's. I can't wait until the day after Christmas so I can rest!

Vouge, no other gift can compare in the world to the little angel that blessed your family just a month ago. I'm happy to hear things are better, sending special Christmas wishes to you this magical season.

Shelley, were the girls happy with the gifts? Are you going to MIL's Christmas day? I love the new pic! Complaint though...it's not big enough, I can't see you very well.

Dee, are you here sweetie or did you run off with an elf??

Cheryl, thank you for keeping this board up and running over the past year, it is appreciated. I hope you continue into 2007, I think we all agree, you are the best! Merry Christmas!!!

Well, Allison is adjusting to the braces, she was relieved to go to school and the other kids thinking they were cool. She is the only one her age with them and was afraid she would be teased. Now, she is fighting allergies or something...running a temp off & on and coughing like crazy. She just finished a breathing treatment and seems to be doing better.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF MY FLOOZIE FRIENDS! Sending wishes for a blessed holiday & happy New Year! I am so happy I have all of you as friends, you are the best gifts I could ever ask for!
Closed Thread