Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: How often do you weigh yourself?
I don't, I let how my clothes fit be my guide. 0 0%
I don't, I let a measuring tape be my guide. 0 0%
Whenever I think about doing it, never know 4 13.33%
Once a month (or less) 2 6.67%
Once a week (or less) 6 20.00%
Once a day 10 33.33%
A few times a day 3 10.00%
Every time I pass the scale I hop on 0 0%
Too many times to count, let's just say I have OCD when it comes to the scale 2 6.67%
Other 3 10.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2001, 03:45 PM   #121  
sef

Good Sunday afternoon all!

Arthur has decided to take himself elsewhere, so I am very comfortable. Even the sciatica is doing better.

The weather is just glorious. Last night, with the bedroom window, open I had to turn off the fan over the bed about 3a! Even pulled up a very light weight blanket!!!! But, this morning in church, the choir loft was HOT, we were fanning like crazy! As we were leaving after the service the AC kicked in, too late!!!!

We're a hen house this week, ds left on a business trip and won't be back until Thursday, just us girls holding down the fort. I get a little break from heavy duty cooking, as we don't seem to eat like we do when he is home.

I haven't called my sister today, but last report was my bil is doing well. I am going to call later on for the latest.

MELF - Yep, a real doozy of a senior moment!!! Glad your bil is home, he really had a rough time! Could that be why they did not send him to rehab, needs a little more building up?

Thanx for thinking the medical info for your loved ones is a good idea. I know you read articles that say write down your questions and meds for doctor. I suggested that we "oldersters" do it, but you youngsters could suggest to your parents or grandparents that they do it for you.

I included mu SSN, DOB, Insurance company and ID#, previous surgeries and diagnoses, present meds, allergies and current complaints. I had writen it down for my own info to remind me what to put on the doctors questionaire, than thought it a good idea to put a copy in my pocket book, then thought to give it to family.

Maybe you nurses might think of something else that I should have included. The one in my pocket book includes emergency numbers and doctor' s name etc. Geez sounds like I'm on some darn crusade!!!

DEB - I decided to give myself a birthday present. The "Young At Heart" group at church does various things, but I have not been able to afford to go. Now with the change in my finances I can afford a treat now and then. So, on the 19th I am going with them on a two hour cruise (Hmmm, shades of Gilligan!!)m on the Natchez riverboat and dinner afterwards. The cruise is $9.25 and dinner cost is individual choice. I am really looking forward to it, I have missed a couple of good things the group has gone to, one being "The Lord of the Dance", I've wanted to see that for so long. Oh well, such is life.

MUSIC - Better you than me with all those youngsters! I was a GS leader for years, but NEVER wanted to be a Brownie leader! I can handle 5th and 6th grade age level much better!

ZANNE - No such thing as a dumb question, just dumb not to ask!! SG is stone ground, a less refined wheat flour. Congrats and the pants, no matter what size we wear after holiday meals we all want to unzip!!!! You are doing great!

JRED - The redheads in our town used to be blamed on the redheaded dry cleaner! In those days he picked up and delivered your clothes. There really weren't any redhead families in town so if one did show up it was blamed on Jax. Oh the things that go in in small towns!!!

FROG - Never fear. I have a sense of humor about myself, and sometimes it is unforunate that I have one about others too!!! Sometimes it gets me in trouble!!!

People on this Board do not have an attack mode. We agree to disagree and respect each other. That's what I like about you all.

I'll have to watch myself, I think this is the second time I made myself misunderstood!!! You'll all have to take me warts and all, sometimes I can be pretty warty!!!!! I meant that we couldn't dwell on a pity party (sometimes the more we pity ourselves the more we want to pity ourselves) we need a kick in the butt party. No that's not right either, I have been good, just the pounds aren't cooperating! Yea, let's have a pity party!!!!!!

MEL - You made me so homesick! Leaves are still changing? They haven't stopped? I'm so glad! Living here the last two years or so, I was beginning to feel like the leaves don't change anymore!!! You just reminded me they do! And I miss it!!!!!
Oh well, maybe I'll get to see it again. I hope to make a trip to NE PA next year. In the meantime, keep telling us about the fall!!!! W

Well, want to do some stitching and haven't looked at the paper yet. Also want to call my sister.

Take care, all sef
Old 10-07-2001, 04:09 PM   #122  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY

Well, I'm almost out of my funk....it will take a while...I knew we weren't going to win the eastern division, but it still smarts when
we lose a game...

MEL WAY TO GO GIRL 5 miles no wonder CLEO was a pooped pup....
101,000 people...you're stadium is just a few pairs of feet short of our 107,000...Neyland is always standing room only and it still amazes me that that many people want to see a good game of football in the #1 rated stadium in the nation!!

FROG PULLING FOR GEORGIA.....YIKES!!!
I did the same thing with my period before I stopped all together.
Have a blood test called the fish test and it will tell you if you are starting in...already in etc....could attribute to the weight gain also...it just might not be all your medicines fault...

SUSAN ARE YOU BACK YET???? or are you still in NC kissing all the guys!!!

SOL What can I say....?????? I know just how you feel!!!

I'm going to retire early....I'm definately watching the EMMY'S tonight...wouldn't miss them..I can tape what I normally would have watched.
I've got a big pot roast in the oven for dinner....with roasted veggies...making some coleslaw....
Baking a quiche to have for my breakfast next week...

ALSO...here's a little dittie for you all to try when you need something sweet...

Nuke 2 oz of cream cheese for 30 sec
beat in 1 whole egg
add 1 pkg artificial sweetner of your choice
1 tbs of either cinnamon or cocoa
When completely mixed, nuke again for 1min & 30 sec....YUMMY

Have a good evening....I probably won't be back on tonight...

BOB

Last edited by THE BIG ORANGE BABE; 10-07-2001 at 04:16 PM.
Old 10-07-2001, 06:15 PM   #123  

Hello everyone

I am sorry that I have not posted all weekend. We had a very busy weekend so I couldn't find the time. Friday we traveled round trip 73 miles to a football game. The cougars won!!! Then Saturday morning I hit the floor running. I needed to go to the grocery store and Noah(my middle child and band student) needed a haircut. As soon as we returned home unloaded groceries ....grabed a quick bite we were off for band contest. Our wonderful cougar band got all 1's. It was so cold ....we were snuggled up together in the stands. I could have used a hot chocolate. I was in luck ....the host school has a hospitality house for band directors and bus drivers so we went in there to eat. There was nothing in the concession stand I could and I had only brought an apple in my purse. They had a good spread for us. I had turkey deli meat ......olives.......and fruit. Yes I ate fruit with my meal....I did fine. It kept me out of those chocolate cakes they had on display.

Deb........I finally found agave syrup but have not had time to go get it. I will be going by the health food store tomorrow. I am excited about trying it. Also I bought some hummus at the grocery store. I love it. What do you eat it with?

We are about to go to church...so I will see you all on Monday.

Debbie )
Old 10-07-2001, 08:30 PM   #124  

Default Sunday night post

Good Sunday evening y'all!

I wanted to say Thank You to everyone for welcoming we back and reminding me that I have a wonderful group of friends I've never met (except for Fillise), that are there for me when I need them.

Well, it looks like we are in the thick of it overseas! Please continue to pray for our leaders, our military and innocent victims. We do what we must to protect our nation. Thank God Italy, France, Great Britian, Russia and Germany are declaring themselves allies! We knew it was coming, now the suspense of "when" is over.

On a different note, tried to be a very good girl today and have watched my diet quite carefully. I ate a big, but late breakfast, a midday snack and a fairly light dinner. Tomorrow I will SERIOUSLY begin to keep a food diary. Deb has suggested this to me about 1000 times, now I know that I gotta do it.

On the exercise front, when for that long run that I'd been talking about since Friday - 9.5 miles It was the easiest run of that distance yet. Partly because of the weather I'm sure. Marathon is 3 months from yesterday, gotta get busy! 12 training progam will start VERY soon, next week I think.

MELIRIS - Your 5 mile run with your pooch is GREAT! I used to run with "Dixie" my chocolate lab, but she is getting to be a little senior now at 8 years and I don't take her for more than 3 miles now. She used to be able to handle a 10-k. What size is your poodle? They are such smart dogs, one of the smartest breeds, but I bet you already knew that! I liked your idea of a virtual cross country race. I should keep with up my mileage next year and see how far I run in a year. That could be really motivating. Good luck with your runs. If you are interested in returning to longer distances maybe we could meet somewhere and run a race together. A 15-K or a 1/2 marathon? What cha think?

SEF - Glad to hear that you're feeling better. I'm sorry if you thought I misunderstood you. I don't think I did and I certain didn't take anything personally. Like I said before, we lose so much without our voices and facial expressions. I was agreeing with you that we shouldn't be pitiful. We should be hopeful! I think that a "Refocus Ourselves Event" would be the best thing. I am trying to do that. I really hate that I have gained weight that I've lost. But I'm gonna try to work harder. Know that I ALWAYS enjoy your posts and was not or by what you said. I got nuttin' but for ya! Truth be known, I kinda think of you as my on-line Mama! You were there for me when I almost left the board because of a problem with my Spewer stories and Barb, you've given me advice when I've asked and support when I needed it. I appreciate you!

BOB - I know you may not read this until tomorrow (mon), but I'm curious about the "fish test." I know that the meds have the potential to slow my metabolism, but I also know that moving my body and putting down the fat will also help. Can't blame it all on the pharmacist.

BUSDEB - Cute graphic! Where in Bama are you? I'm from Columbus, GA. Lived there for 28 years! I was in band from 6th grade all the way through high school. I loved band and competitions too. I remember that the band from Enterprise High School in Enterprise, AL had a really strong band. Are you familiar with them? I played clarinet my freshman year, cymbals 10-11th, and was on flag corps my senior year. What about your band student(s)? Where was the competition? So many fond memories of those years. Great friends, trips, funny stories, etc. Hope your children are enjoying it as much as I did. You've reminded me of a happy time in my youth. Thank you!

Well, time for one of my weekly manicures in front of the tv watching the Sopranos and other shows.

Peace,
FROG
Old 10-07-2001, 10:39 PM   #125  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Red face

Evening!

Got home a little bit ago from dinner, it was very nice, as well as delicious. I had prime rib, sweet potato and the salad bar. It came with dessert, but I just had them box it up without even bringing it to the table. Wasn't happy to hear they'll be tearing down the place come Jan-March of next year That sure sucks! Sucked even worse when Eli got a speeding ticket on the way home-he didn't heed my warning to slow down!!!!

FRUIT, thanks for the belated birthday wishes! You may want to try to delete some cookies if you are having a hard time loading the pages, sometimes that helps me out-just a pain to have to put in log in names again because it removes that info. Glad you liked the pics-thanks for the nice comment

FROG, see if your library has a copy of the magazine, they should-since it's just out on the newstands, you shouldn't have much trouble finding it. Hoping to see those pics you got one day As for the period, hope it's nothing but stress related, but do check with your Dr and see what he/she says. There was a small article about this women who's running the WDW Marathon in our paper today, of course, I thought of you BTW, I too played clarinet in band-at least I pretended to do so!!! Good luck with your food journal-don't hesitate to contact me if you need any input!! You know I'm willing to help in any way Good going on the run-I'm tired just thinking about you running that distance!

MEL, you go girl, 5 miles, with hills-WOW! I would of been on the ground far before Cleo was! I tried making French Toast with EZ bread-it sucked, don't know if it was the bread, or my cooking! E-mail me with your snail mail addy if you want and I'll send you some of the little packets of agave syrup I got, at least you can try it and see if you like it.

ZANNE, STONE GROUND WHOLE WHEAT

SEF, glad to hear you're feeling better. Sounds like you have a nice bday planned for yourself. I'd like to buy myself something, just haven't decided what, if anything. I'm too practical and that gets in the way sometimes, I need tires and my a/c fixed-how can I possibly justify a frivolous item just because it's my bday? Okay, maybe a pair of gloves that cost $4.99 isn't too frivolous, I do need them desperately! What's the latest on your BIL?

BOB, definitely watching the Emmy's huh-must of been the only one! Can you believe, they're going to tear down the Voyager-I'm heartbroken! Felt bad, they were pretty slow there tonight.

BUSDEB, glad to hear you finally found the agave syrup. Let me know when you get my little package-no note enclosed, just tossed it in the mail. Hummus, with WW pita bread, or celery is another good way to eat it. Why not make it? Lots better, and cheaper too! Easy as 1, 2, 3 and takes about 5 minutes.

Time to hit the hay. I'll have the new weekly board up and running tomorrow morning!

Nite!

Debbie
194/123/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 10-07-2001, 11:59 PM   #126  
sef

FROG - Thanx for the kind words!! I know you weren't angry!

I like that "Refocus Idea" just need to know on what!?! I'm not cheating, are you? We're exercising! Well, I.m not running a marathon but am doing what I can for my size and condition. Maybe need a more positive outlook!!!

I needed a couple of dresses and got two on sale at Roaman's, they were 2 sizes smaller, also a couple of nightgowns. I ordered a pair of slacks for 9.88 and was a little too optimistic!!! Without my briefer they were snug! But for 10 bucks I'm not returning them, will hang on to them for another 5# loss which ought to make them fit!

My dd was in band from 5th grade through college, played the drums (no wonder I had migraines!), it was a wonderful experience, the Bloomsburg College band even went to Orlando Disney World.

Our choir leader put out a call for anyone who wanted to dust off their instruments to form an orchestra for the church. So far 10 people came forward. They played at today's service and were pretty good. So don't lose your lip, never know when you might want to use it.

I had a thought about your menstral cycle. Sometimes, extreme exerise, like training for long runs, can affect your cycle. I think the advice someone else gave about checking with doctor is a good one!

DEB - Called my sister tonight and no answer, then when I came online now there was a note. BIL was supposed to come home tomorrow, but has been running a fever so they are keeping him until Wednesday. Doris says she spends most of time at hospital, to keep Jim doing breathing exercises and walking. She has Lymes Disease and tires easily herself, so this is hard on them both!!!
Hope all is well with everyone.

Take care, sef.
Old 10-08-2001, 06:18 AM   #127  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

It's a new week, and a new board! Just click the link below to get to the NEW WEEKLY BOARD:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...threadid=10066

See you there!
Closed Thread