3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Sugar Shakers

Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: How often do you weigh yourself?
I don't, I let how my clothes fit be my guide. 0 0%
I don't, I let a measuring tape be my guide. 0 0%
Whenever I think about doing it, never know 4 13.33%
Once a month (or less) 2 6.67%
Once a week (or less) 6 20.00%
Once a day 10 33.33%
A few times a day 3 10.00%
Every time I pass the scale I hop on 0 0%
Too many times to count, let's just say I have OCD when it comes to the scale 2 6.67%
Other 3 10.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2001, 11:35 AM   #31
Sonya

Talking

good morning good morning all

Boy its sure is beautiful today. I got in my 2 mile walk altogether this morning. I feeeeeeel great and have started that TOM this am to. I can't wait until tomorrow to post weight lose as of this morning I lost another lb Yeah . That makes altogether 36 lbs lost and 15 inches.

Hope everyone has a great day!

264/229/155ish
July 1, 2001
Old 10-02-2001, 12:24 PM   #32

Good morning!!! Glad to hear everyone is doing great!

Okay..this is only my first week, and I've been avoiding eating out as much as I can. Today though, all the girls at work are going to lunch, and I'd like to go also. However...we are going to an Italian restaurant....pasta central!!! What are some good lunch ideas that I could choose? I mean, I'm sure I could figure something out, but I'd like yall's input because you are so smart!

Other than that, I've been doing well. I feel the withdrawals...mostly from the rice and bread...i'm not a true "sweets" eater. I've discovered a few peanuts will remove the craving....which is not really a "craving", but I notice something is not there. Does that make sense?

I think I did get a little cranky with dh too... He is doing sb as well, and is just as happy as a clam! I'm happy too...happy knowing I'm ridding myself of toxins!!!

I'll write more later, from home!
Thanks!
Cjane
Old 10-02-2001, 01:35 PM   #33

Thanks everyone for the sweet messages about my picture Makes me feel wonderful

Liz
256/246.5/180
Old 10-02-2001, 03:00 PM   #34
Mel

Default Sunny Tuesday

Hi everyone- It sure is a beautiful day here in Pa. Warm for the first time on a week, and sunny. I got in a 50 min 1/2run-1/2walk before work, but didn't seem to have much energy. I keep meeting up with friends out walking when I'm running, and feel rude not joining them. (and really, who in their right mind would rather run than walk and talk with friends?) Somehow I'll have to work on the protocol of manners/friendship/fitness! It was easier when everone else was staying indoors because it was too hot or too cold!

I've been feeling a BIG CHEAT coming on for the last few days. Maybe too much junk food in the house due to ds's birthday- but I finally decided last night, I would eat the WHOLE bag of white corn tortilla chips that was left from his party. I had thought about it for 2 days and finally decided I just had to do it and get the urge out of my system. Somehow I rationalized that planning it was not as bad as just grabbing the bag and inhaling it on a whim. Now, I have stayed 100% legal since starting SB on 7/24 so I really wrestled with "why do I need to do this?", "how bad could the effects be?", I even asked Jon if he'd still love me (he said YES, but that I might not love myself much afterwards). Anyway to make a long story even longer, I ripped open the bag, popped one in my mouth and whoa-- it didn't taste too good! so I ate about 5 more to make sure but they definitely tasted like greasy cardboard with a lot of salt. I know 3 months ago I would have eaten my way mostly through the bag til my stomach hurt! So I guess this WOE is changing more than numbers on the scale. I hope if I decide to eat a pound of chocolate someday that it doesn't taste good anymore either, but somehow I doubt it Sooo, my butt is not too sore from falling off the wagon, but I sure fell off mentally!

Rosalie- So glad to hear you are not hurt badly, but that sure must have been a scare! Hope your wrist and hand recovers quickly.

Liz- Your picture was gorgeous, what a great smile and eyes and your daughter has the same. Re your story: sounds like you've had plenty of bumps in your life, but know you know how you react to them. You sound from your posts like you're now in a really positive, "control your own life" frame of mind, and have the strength to face what you need to do. Stick with it, we're all rooting for you!

TV-Ah the life of a sports mom! I spent years and years making excuses why I couldn't work at the concession stands, but it was mostly because I was afraid I'd be the one to eat everything. And watching the games is nervewracking! My daughter played field hockey, lacrosse and ran track all through middle school and highschool, and now plays lacrosse in college. Field hockey was the worst, because she was the last line of defense before the goalie. If the goalie was out of position, she would go in the cage and make saves, but without all that protective equipment that goalies wear. One season, she had to get her legs wrapped before every practice and game because she'd remove most of the skin from her legs sliding on the dirt to make saves. Another time, the goalie cleared the ball right into her mouth, and even with a mouthguard, 2 teeth were broken. I'm not sure how I survive her highschool sports career! Now, I really miss seeing all her games since she's 7 1/2 hours away at Ohio State, but I don't miss the constant heart-in-mouth feeling. I love the phone call after every game with the play-by-play she gives me, but I don't need to see her being clobbered over the head with lacrosse sticks!

Thunder- You're going great girl! Seems like you're adding distance to your walks and loosing pounds at an amazing rate

Well, gotta go drink some more water to get those tortilla chips out of my system

Mel
oh-stories.... I'm not sure I'm ready for my story yet and this post is too long already. Will get to it soon.

Last edited by meliris; 10-02-2001 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-02-2001, 04:04 PM   #35
Little Engine That Could

[COLOR=dark-blue]Fillise--Enjoy the game this weekend. They had really tight security at Fla. Field, according to my DH. He could not take in a small gym bag with ponchos, so he had to carry them. The UF-AU game is going to be a night game. That will make our getting back to Calloway really late.[/COLOR]

CBarbie--I’m looking forward to meeting you in Jan. at our get-together. There a lots of us FLA gals here on this board.

Sef--Yep, we are “ardent” fans. I really think BOB and I could sit down and yack about football for several hours. She probably knows lots of trivia about UT ball, and, similarly, I know a little trivia about Gator ball. We’d debate the relative merits of our respective schools coaches, getting in a “poke” here and there, as true fans will do. Right, BOB? BTW, --Fillise--speaking of trivia, I was THERE, in the very stadium, in person, when Spurrier kicked “The Kick”--the 40 yd. field goal to beat AU in the final seconds of the game in 1966. I lose the year a bit, but I think it was 1966! That was Spurrier’s sr. year, and that kick clinched it for him to win the Heisman trophy.

SolShine--Don’t be ashamed of your team. You are a true fan, through thick and thin. I think it was just bad timing for the Bulldogs: the Gators were “in the groove” Saturday, and the defense was clicking on all 4 cylinders. I don’t think ANY team would have done much better than MSU did. It’s kind of like a runner’s high, where your whole body is so much in sync that you could run for hours. Next week, it may be a different story for the Gators, and also for the Bulldogs. Re. FSU, now THATS where we’d try to RUTS. We’d be happy with 152-0!! So, dear friend, let that maroon blood flow freely and be a proud dawg. MSU will always be a contender in the west.

Solshine--have you been walking in the morning? On the TM or around your neighborhood? I have been wanting to get in a walk everyday, but some days I've been stymied. Today, after I got home from the pregnancy center, I have been stuck here waiting on the cable guy. LOL Maybe he'll come along soon and I can get my walk in before it gets dark. I like to walk on the TM because the humidity is low in there, and the surface is a lot softer than the roads.

Well, gotta go. Take care all you wonderful losers.
Old 10-02-2001, 04:49 PM   #36
Sonya

Talking

Good evening all,

Boy am I proud of myself. I went back this evening a walked another 3/4 mile and dragged my butt to the house this time . I should have let the 2 miles alone but I just had to had a little more to see if I could do it. Not for a couple more days anyway. I felt great after the 2 miles but trying for the 3rd was definitatly not the thing to do. But oh well how would I know if I didn't try.

meliris: My butt has fell off the wagon to many times to count. But I always went back to the right way after. It was to hard to get to where I'm at now. Plus I'm tired of being FAT.
I just wish fried catfish still didn't taste as good tho. Thats the only thing I have't been able to overcome. I only cheat with it once a month.

lizery: Your little girl is very cute and I see the smile across your face with her. I have a 3 3/4 yr old little girl to and boy does she keep me busy. But I enjoy every minute of it. Welcome to the board.

Cjane I know what you mean about the breads thats been the hardest thing for me to because I loved breads. Now I don't crave it at all only when I want a piece I make sure I don't overdo it and I make sure its within my limits and legal. I to have never been a big sweet eater so I had no problem not eating any, thank goodness. But I do miss Reeses Pieces...lol My husband is a diabetic so he eats what I eat. I don't have to cook 2 different ways thank goodness.

Well I better get going everyone have a great evening!

Hope to be at chat this evening I'm looking forward to it!
Old 10-02-2001, 05:38 PM   #37

I am looking forward to chat tonight....I enjoyed it so much last week I don't think WIW is going to be too good tomorrow. I have been peaking as I always do ......it is not good. I know what has been going on with me .....I just have to fix it now. One thing I am rarely hungry so have been missing meals. Also I have not been drinking water at all. Since it has cooled down here I just don't seem to want it. So first thing tomorrow.....I get back on track with my water and I eat whether I am hungry or not.

You all are doing so good and I am glad to have met all of you.

See ya tonight.
Old 10-02-2001, 06:40 PM   #38

UGH what is wrong with me!!!!! I have went through an entire day today feeling just horrible and like I want to just binge eat!!!! I have a horrible headache Could this be part of detox? I am feeling like a pizza and beer would help my feelings. Somebody stop me!
Old 10-02-2001, 07:35 PM   #39
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Evening All!

Just got home a little bit ago, had a full day out with Mom. Did a lot of walking in and out of stores, had lunch at Ole Ole, stopped for Carbolite and ready to do it all again tomorrow when Eli is off

SOL, thanks for the congrats! I'm quite comfortable where I am, give or take a pound or two. The numbers are fine, it's how I view my body that I'm having trouble with. Once you meet me, you'll understand-that is unless I win the lottery and have surgery before we meet! LOL! I'd say you fall under the "whenever I think about it" category, that or OTHER. I do know you are working out, just felt a bit lonely on the exercise board, wanted you and the others to join in. Good luck on WIW tomorrow, seems you are going down again!!

ROSALIE, glad to hear you're feeling somewhat better today. Just take it easy, as best you can. MAYO, on a falafel-I promise, I won't tell Eli!!!! Let me know when you get that tahini, I'll tell you some other things to do with it-actually, I think I posted a cookie recipe long ago that uses tahini in it.

TV, congrats on another pound down-though all that water, well, lets just hope you make lots of potty calls before tomorrow morning!!! Congrats to your son on his game!! Hey, I hate TOM too, but the other options I have right now would be far worse! LOL!!

THUNDER, congrats on another day of great walking and another pound gone!!! Good job on both aspects!!! Esp. for getting out there twice! I wish you luck as well for WIW tomorrow You deserve a good one!

CJANE, I know my thoughts about Italian restaurants are a bit late, but I loved one near us (closed now) and would get eggplant parm., but since they made everything fresh, I had them grill the eggplant without breading, then they put the sauce and cheese- never touched the bread. Chicken dishes without pasta or cream sauces are good too. Most restaurants will usually try to accomodate you, don't be afraid to ask. If you are having cravings, could be hormones, or you may need to up your protein a bit-just stay strong and they WILL pass!

MEL, sounds like you had great weather for your walk/run! Don't beat yourself up about the small cheat, think about it, it could of been a lot worse-just try to stay focused, as best you can-you surely don't want to undo all you've already accomplished!!

BUSDEB, thanks for posting your BIO! It was nice to learn more about you Ummm, have you had your water today????? LOL! Okay, did you??? At least you know where your mistakes are and that these are easily fixable, just try to do it soon before it gets to be too much of a trouble, mentally and physically

LIZ, this will pass! Don't give in-try to eat some protein. Are you eating enough as it is???

Okay gals, I promised the computer to the kids until 9pm tonight, so off the board I must go.

Again, a reminder, TONIGHT IS CHAT AT 9:15PM EST. Here's a direct link to the SB CHAT ROOM:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/sbchat.php

See you later! Good luck tomorrow for WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY!!

Debbie
194/122/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 10-02-2001, 08:11 PM   #40
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENINGE EVERY BUDDY!!!

OH>>>>>MY>>>>>>GAWD!!!!!!! BOB WENT TO THE GYM TONIGHT AND THEY WORKED HER ARSE RIGHT OFF!!!!
But I felt better, and we'll be going again Thursday and Friday night!

T.V. Sorry to be so vague about the show, but I just don't remember everything that happened...I usually don't care for the first show of the season because they do these live things and they just aren't the same. Dr Green DID have an MRI and the TECH did see something, but wouldn't tell him anything but that he would have to talk to his dr.. So I agree...he'll either die or get so bad that he can't work anymore...
This week might be worth taping though..especially since you already know you won't be home...something happens to CARTER..

SOL I tried giving GATOR a talking too, but she just wouldn't give in.... Bring that bell on in here..my cousin's Husband is a grad from there, the bell sits on a shelf and is brought out for every game they watch...they live in Greenville,SC so he doesn't get to too many live games..I just got a note from her today saying that his mother is having knee surgery tomorrow and he and his siblings are down in Meridian right now.
Is THE MEISTER from SC originally?

SUSAN Don't forget to get your picture taken at the reunion....when are you leaving???? Is BELLE going with you?

MARIE I took a look at Debbie's book while I was down there..I would love to find myself one somewhere...I think I might put the GARAGE SALE QUEEN on the case and see if she can find me one...

KELLI THERE IS ALWAYS ROOM FOR ONE MORE SEC FAN AROUND HERE!!! {{{{{{WELCOME}}}}}}}

ANYONE HEARD FROM KIM???.....how bout NANCY???.....and just where is ANN????

I'll try to be in chat...I'm having computer problems again and have already had to run the scan disk this week...

BOB
Old 10-02-2001, 09:22 PM   #41

Debelli:LIZ, this will pass! Don't give in-try to eat some protein. Are you eating enough as it is??? <>

You are right!! As soon as I made my evening salad I realized that at lunch I had had a WW tortilla with beans,low fat cheese and my mexican rice. Not near enough protein for me! So I had a salad with a little cubed chicken then made my own pizza while everyone else had Papa Johns. I did steal some garlic sauce which was legal. My pizza was as follows: WW Pita,leftover spaghetti sauce ( legal ) with eggplant and 3 meatballs. Mozzarella cheese,roasted garlic, spinach and tomatoes. I did skim the toppings ( pepperoni and cheese ) off one piece of PJ's pizza. Man that sauce was SWEET. Thank goodness I was able to get over that hump and tomorrow I will NOT forget to eat more protein.

Old 10-02-2001, 10:20 PM   #42
Mel

Default Protein

Liz- Glad you pulled through that one. I should have thought of the protein. That happens to me too whenever I get into an all vegie and fruit day, or only have cereal for breakfast. Good for you for not grabbing the pizza!
Old 10-03-2001, 06:14 AM   #43

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RHROO!!!!!
Old 10-03-2001, 07:31 AM   #44

Thanks for all the bday wishes and nice e-cards i got from you (melf! and deb)! Deb your day is tomorrow?????? HAPPY BIRTHDAY! my middle sons is on Friday. Hope you have an awsome day! Sef-I am 37 today also! I am not looking forward to 40-I hope i am at goal by then and i will be feeling good atleast! You do feel good right Deb?
Well today is not starting off so well. Hubby is in one of his moods (gee what a bday gift huh) so who knows what today will bring. We where suposed to go to breakfast but now I really don't feel like it. I am walking instead! (this will make my 4th day of excersise this week!) Trying to recover from last Fri-sat-and sun-bit bad on Mon too. I don't know what is up! I have not placed a foot on that scale either and don't plan to untill next week. THink i can do it? Anyway.

Liz-glad the craving left! you are doing so great keep it up!!

Bob-hope your arse is better!! feels good the next day too! keep it up!

thunderwoman-wooo hoo!! on the excersise!

meliris-I know that feeling about those chips! dosn't it feel good?? I can't even walk down the bread and cookie asile i can't stand the smell of the bread! The mind does control our mouth if we could just get the brain under control we would be all set huh?

cjane- hope you had an antipasto salad yesterday or something like that! you sound like your doing soooo good keep it up! the crankyness is from detox! It took me like two weeks to get over it. I need to do it again! i have been so bad-some example to you newbies huh?

Rosalie- Hi!! hope the hand is feeling better. Good luck today with wiw!

I think halloween is going to be a problem for me! i don't pass it out but the kids will have to hide theirs again this year. Last year I had them trained to keep it in their rooms. My little one is older so I hope she can hide her!

Deb-the story board sounds great!

gotta run -hope everyone has a great week (who knows when i will show up here again!) I am going away for sat. and sun with my friend and sister and maybe another friend. Its my annual bday gift! I just have to tell hubby! Might as well do it today while he is in such a foul mood!

Rhonda

201.2/1something who knows/135ish
Old 10-03-2001, 08:20 AM   #45

Smile

Good Wednesday Morning!

What a beautiful morning! Not only is it a gorgeous day outside, not too hot, not too cool, but I had a GREAT walk/jog this morning!! I HAD A NEW BEST TIME!!! I did the 4.5 miles in 48:59!!!!!That's 22 seconds better than my previous best time!!! AND, I also ran a whole entire mile straight!!!!! Another first for me!!!!

TODAY IS WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY!!!!! I hope the scales are all kind to you today!!!! If you'd like to post your WIW results on the WEEKLY WEIGH IN BOARD, just click on the link below:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=9784

The scale is up for me from my all time low, but still, I can post a loss as far as WIW goes. On Aug, 29, I was 124, so today, I'm 123. TOM is due tomorrow, for sure, so I'm not fretting about the couple pounds I'm up-it's to be expected.

Eli is off today. We are taking an elderly couple that are regular customers of his at Starbucks to lunch and then the indoor flea market. They are in their 80's, and such a cute couple. So, I'll be MIA until this evening some time.

Thanks to those of you who joined the chat last night

BOB, so you got your arse worked into the ground huh? You sure are a glutton for punishment, first my detox dungeon, now a daily dose of dungeon activity-a true S&M lover, I see! LOL!

LIZ, good going! See, I knew you could conquer that craving! This is why I so believe keeping track of what you eat is so important-you can see just where you need to change something, and how easily it can be done Keep up the great work!!!

BUSDEB, are you feeling better today???

RHROO, HAPPY BIRTHDAY again I'm ignoring mine tomorrow. Rhonda, if it takes you 3 years to get to your goal, I'm going to commit hairy-carey! I hope you meant that you want to still be at your goal weight when you hit 40! But, to answer your question, yes, I feel better than I have felt as far back as I can remember. LOL! Every time there's a holiday, or birthday, Eli gets in a crappy mood, it's expected, so tomorrow, I'm sure I'll have a sucky day too! You'd think he would of taken the day off tomorrow to spend with me! I should know what to expect after 8 years, but of course, you think on days like this, a mans mind would finally kick in and behave normally! LOL!! Have a wonderful day kiddo!!!! {{{HUGS}}}

I've got to run and get in the shower. I hope you all have a great day!!

Debbie
194/123/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01