Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 08:01 AM   #1  

Cool Sugarbusters Weekly Support 10/16 to 10/22

Welcome to Sugarbusters!

This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too!

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have FIVE INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...77#post1439377

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread
Old 10-16-2006, 08:05 AM   #2  

Exclamation

CHALLENGES! CHALLENGES! CHALLENGES!

I think we need some challenges!

Get three days of exercise MINIMUM and POST IT! It was awfully lonely over there last week!

Try a new recipe- or alter an old one, and share how it turned out with us!

If you are faltering, go re-read some of the book.

Old 10-16-2006, 08:10 AM   #3  

Don't forget it's MMM! :
Old 10-16-2006, 08:23 AM   #4  

Good morning! I am still up a couple this morning...I ate dinner too late last night. The Byetta slows down digestion, so I still feel full from it too. I did not eat much...but it still does that. Blah!

My car battery died yesterday, so I never made it to church. Tom had gone to treeclimbers, and we were going to meet over there. (its about 20 minutes away) I thought it was the starter, but it was the battery according to him, as he checked it all out when he got home. It has two weeks left on its replacement warranty...pretty cool! If it had lasted two more weeks, I would have had to pay for a new one, but now I get it replaced for free. Laura is supposed to take it off and take it over there for replacement. I love having a daughter who can work on cars!

I am going to pull out my Sugarbusters book and start re-reading it. I think I need the refresher course to get really well on track before we hit Halloween , then Thanksgiving , then of course, CHRISTMAS! Anyone care to join me?

I need to get dressed and head out for a walk. I have been a slacker lately...I will check in later!

Old 10-16-2006, 09:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Monday morning ladies.

It was a busy weekend, as usual, but got a lot accomplished. I spent most of my day yesterday cleaning out my closet. Just switching summer/winter clothes/shoes. Didn't even get started on the stuff on the shelves.

MMM has me up 2 from Friday, but down from last week. This is two weeks in a row I have been up and I don't like it. I have to really buckle down this week. I haven't been to the meetings for 2 weeks. I really thing it makes a difference going to them vs not. We should make it to the gym 4 nights this week and a 3 miles BC walk on Sunday.

Monet, what luck on that battery. Usually it is the other way around, it expired 2 weeks ago. Hope your meds are settleing down.

Bob, did we have a baby over the weekend?

Gator, sorry about your Gator's loss. I didn't get to see any of the game.

Susan, Congrats to your team. How is Ms Belle doing.

Heart, how did your procedure go? Hope it helped.

Missy, Now that just wasn't nice. 49 -0. how embarrassing. Don't you all have a second or 3rd string??

Now how about Vandy? Mighty impressive. Sorry Monet. Here UK was counting Vandy as one of their "W"'s to go to a bowl. Who scouted that one?

Better get busy here. Sure hope the board picks up soon.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:01 AM   #6  

Hey! Good news! I'm down 2.5 lbs this week! Finally, I've been stuck for a while now. Monet-I'll take you up on your "challenge". I've made a few changes lately, just need to keep it up!

Ok, Here's the breakdown of the weekend. Rachel got her audition in. We went through two very rude people and one very helpful one and they changed her time from 4:30pm to 11:10am. She will get her score today, but even that may not be enough. The "cutoff" will not be announced till November, so unless she got a very good score, we will still have to wait to see if she gets in. Sean's band was awesome! Get this~out of 65 kids in band, only three of them have marched before three months ago. They won first place in their class! 1st for drum major, colorguard, band and overall. 2nd for percussion. We went crazy! This Friday night is the last home game, and there is not going to be any holding that band back! Our last three games are all on the road. Go Grizzlies!!

Hope every one has a good week! It's supposed to start raining here today and may rain most of the week, so I may have to get creative with my exercise instead of walking!
Old 10-16-2006, 12:12 PM   #7  

Howdy ho! Just got off the treadmill. Had oatmeal for breakfast and am ready to go for the day. I lost three lbs. in two weeks. I didn't weigh in last Monday so I'm really happy with the results. It sure gives me encouragement. I'm with you Monet. Got to get ready for the holidays. So I've got to really start watching it. Maybe I need to read the book again. I'm doing laundry and its about ready to fold so will go.

Thin- Yippee for the good loss of 2.5 !!!!

Solly- Ut oh get back to those meetings......

Monet- Hope you get a new car battery today. Lucky you with a daughter with car smarts....
Old 10-16-2006, 01:22 PM   #8  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

JUST A QUICKIE DRIVE BY!!!

NO BABY YET....not even a twinge...but that child will come when ready..I just hate to see Cathy so miserable.

I'll check in later

BOB
Old 10-16-2006, 02:55 PM   #9  

It is cold and raw here, and kind of drizzly. I did not make it out for my walk. My knee is killing me today...I am sure it is the cold and wetness. Sigh. I am having a hard time convincing one of my slacker kids to go get my battery for me. Laura got it off and said she would take it if I fixed french toast for them...so I did. She is now feeding the baby and will probably go when she is done with that. Justin took the day off. He says he doesn't feel very well. I think it is a mental health day...

This knee stuff is really bothering me. It really hurts today...after being almost totally better for a few days! Grrrr. I feel tired, and ornery. I got into it with my older daughter on the phone. She is always accusing me of pressing her to have kids, which I have NEVER done, and today, I let her have it. She hung up on me, and I am stewing.

So, there is my life today in a nutshell.

TONI: Well done on the treadmill and the three pounds lost!

THIN: 2.5 is super! I am glad things are moving down again for you!

BOB: Yep, babies come when ready. It sure is frustrating waiting on them sometimes!

SOLLY: Meetings are motivating...you CAN do it alone though. You did before!
Old 10-16-2006, 03:46 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Sounds like it is raining everywhere. We are expecting 2 days of it. Yuk! IT is cold and dreary.

Thin, for the 2.5 loss. Keeping my fingers crossed for Rachel. That is amazing about the band. That must be some instructor. Keep up the good work.

Toni, 3 lbs is awesome. A nice loss is so motivating. Good job getting on the today.

Bob, yes, they come when they are ready. But that doesn't make it easier on Mom. Keep us posted.

Monet, I'm always dropping less than subtle hints to my DD & SIL about kids. I know one day they will tell me to mind my own business. Hope you make up quickly. Put some heat on that knee. If you can't walk, how about some weight training?

Have a great evening.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:17 PM   #11  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

Just got done with supper. I threw some boneless chicken breasts that I had marinated in MICKEY GILLY HICKORY (marinade) since yesterday. OH MY GAWD!!!! They were so juicy...tender...I get whole breasts and they are huge enough to cut into four pieces..I usually get a bag full at the butcher and then freeze them.

I'm off to do some laundry...

BOB
Old 10-16-2006, 07:12 PM   #12  

SOLLY: Thanks for the suggestion! I did an upper body workout! I need to do that regularly, but believe it or not, I just forget about it!
Old 10-16-2006, 10:22 PM   #13  

I lost 1.2 this week. I'm pretty frustrated. I've eaten very carefully. Measuring things, eating SB legal AND counting WW points. I worked out 5 days, 1 1/2 hours a day. Why am I losing so slow?

Anyway, just wanted to share my weigh in.

Bob- Tell her to be patient. She doesn't want to end up with a c-section, trust me. It sure is ahrd when it's the tail end of it, but I can't wait to see your proud pictures.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:44 AM   #14  

Good morning! I slept fairly well last night. The colder temps really make it easier to get all snuggled down in the covers and relax. My knee feels better this morning too, so I am planning on suiting up and getting out to walk as soon as it is light. If it is raining, I will head over to Super Target, and return a few items then walk the perimeter of the store there for 15 or so minutes. Yesterday, I ordered a Leslie Sansone Walking video. It has a one mile and a two mile on it. I figured it would be something to try if the weather is yucky and I need to get in a workout. Everyone raves about them, so I hope I like it.

The menu today includes Lasagna for dinner. Tom just told me as he was leaving for the fitness center he will not be home for dinner tonight...he has another meeting. (had one last night too! ) Oh well. James will think that means more for him! He LOVES lasagna...guess he is like Garfield.

TALITHA: Slow is good. Just keep plugging along, and see what happens. One week, you may finally see a big loss. Stranger things have happened. And isn't ANY loss better than none? Or a gain? Don't give up... You don't want to end up like me with such a screwed up metabolism you CAN'T lose.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:04 AM   #15  

What a yucky morning! It's all dark and rainy. Makes me want to just stay home in the bed, but I am here at work like a good girl. Rachel is home today, you know "this girl thing sucks!" Sorry to say, she is just getting into this and it will not end anytime soon. She was complaining of her head and her throat hurting as well as being tired and feeling "yucky" so I let her stay home. She never stays home, so I let her take a mental health day. Her allstate audition went very well. A perfect score is a ten and she made a 12, so she should be a shoe in when they announce the "cutoff".

Hope everyone has a great day!
Closed Thread