Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 07:24 AM   #1  

Cool Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 10/2 to 10/8

Welcome to Sugarbusters!

This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too!

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have FIVE INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...90#post1424690

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread
Old 10-02-2006, 07:59 AM   #2  

I made a HUGE mistake last night. I watched 'Cheaper By the Dozen'. It was great. Unfortunately I spent the rest of the night being sad that I don't have 12 kids. I must be insane... 3 is good, 3 is good, 3 is good... I never wanted 12, but I did want 8, then 6, once I had a c-section it changed to 4 and now here I am with 3 and don't know if there will be more or not.. I'm such a dork.

ANyway. Eating was not the best over the weekend, but not too bad. I got seriously stressed with getting in end of the month orders and ate a whole Dark chocolate bar and several brownies again. I told Travis not to come home with brownie mix again or I would lock him out.

I'm not sure if I'll make it to the Y. Jake has a runny nose, and we have no clean laundry. And Weight watcehrs should be after that. We'll see..
Old 10-02-2006, 09:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

We shopped from 10:00 to 4:30 Saturday. My DD got a new job and has not "grown-up clothes" She wears scrubs now. I did get some new jeans (smaller size) and a couple of shirts, but she was the big shopper. We all got some shoes at Zappos.

Yesterday, we volunteered at the breast cancer store for 4 hours. We mostly folded shirts.

Eating was good. MMM has me the same as last Monday. Ugh. At WW I had lost 6/10 of a lb but still at my same number on my scale.

Talitha, I read that book when I was a young girl and swore I would adopt a child one day. That didn't happen. But it was my favorite book. With the expense of raising children today, I don't think people can afford that many kids. You have three healthy, happy children to enjoy and love. You are very lucky.

That's all for me today. Off to read last weekends posts and hopefully will be back.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:38 AM   #4  

Good morning,

We had a good weekend. We had a gathering at a friend's house on Sat and Sun was mainly spent at home. There is so much to do around the house so I better get started once I finished posting here.

I have no clue what we are going to have for lunch and dinner so that is not good but will try to make something healthy. Some replies :

MONET : Good morning, thanks for starting the board. Hope you had a great weekend

TALITHA : I came from a family of 6 so I love a big family but not for myself though. With 2, I can make it but with 3 or more, I will probably "survive" but I do not want to survive, I want to enjoy parenthood so I am very content with 2 but dh is another story...lol. Have you seen the story in Discovery Channel where this couple had 16 kids and still hoping for more?? It was very interesting and the mom homeshool all of them. I salute her

SOLLY : Good morning!! Sounds like you had a good shopping trip and also getyour exercise in while doing it Have a good day!!

The rest of the gang, have a good day. I have to start doing some cleaning and tdying around the house, see you guys later.

Julia
Old 10-02-2006, 11:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Missy, can't wait to kear what happens today. Sending some serious prayers and good vibes to the judge. Good luck.

Julia, Glad you had a nice weekend. My house needs tyding up too!

Looks like all our SEC teams won this weekend.

Bob, how is your knee today?

Pancho, waiting for news on your biopsy. Let us know.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:48 PM   #6  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVER BUDDY!!

Just got back from the Doc about my knee. Had Xrays done this morning but the results weren't available yet. He doesn't think I broke it again, but it's definatly sprained really bad. No brace like before yet, but I'm to call later this afternoon for the results to see if he wants anything else done.
Took the ESCUSE to my BOSS...two weeks with my leg up. She didn't like that too much, and wanted to know why I couldn't just come to work and prop it up there. I told her he would evulate it again in two weeks and we would go from there. SO...Here I am and have no excuse not to post constantly for the next two weeks!

TALITHA...Love that movie...did you watch the original or the one with Steve Martin? Both are good, but you should see if you can get the original
and watch that one. It's great! Three is enough...You're a good Mother, and believe me, you'll find out with the MUNCHKIN starts to walk that THREE IS ENOUGH!!

JACK..That's power shopping...Did you go to the FASHION SHOP?? I just love that place and miss having one available. KOHL'S was advertising a good sale...did y'all hit that store? We don't have one here, but there is one opening in Brandon...45 minutes away.

JULIA...GET TOGETHERS are fun...Glad you had a good time!

I'm off to see what I can hobble into...I'll be back later

Here's the link to the DIRECT WEBCAM of the WATERING HOLE IN AFRICA
It's so interesting to watch these animals...it's now after 7p.m. there and getting dark, but you can still see. I check it all the time to see what's going on.

http://www.wavelit.com/index.asp?ch=...fe&sh=africam#

BOB
Old 10-02-2006, 03:01 PM   #7  

Our phone was out all day. Don't know what happened but it just came on and so I can finally get on the computer. I lost 1 lb. this week. Slow but sure maybe.... I'm glad for the loss.

Bob- Sorry about your knee. I hope it heals quickly.

Solly- wow what a shopping trip. That was a long day.

Julia- Hi girlfriend have a good day cleaning...

Talitha- Six kids yikes. I had two. But now have a step daughter.

Missy- My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Better run time for DH to be home.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey, guys. Not alot going on, just working. I didn't make it OP thru the weekend. But I did better than in the past. The suit I'm wearing is slightly looser on me than it was a couple weeks ago, so that's good. I'll probably wait until Wednesday to weigh. Don't really have much to say. Just checking in. You guys have a great SBering day!
Old 10-02-2006, 05:03 PM   #9  

Hey Everyone:

I hope you had a good weekend. I don't even know where to start. I have had a stressful few weeks. We are going to have to get rid of the puppy, and my girls are very sad, and so am I. Our older dog is not taking well to her and not eating well. The puppy has also shown a few signs of aggressiveness, and my vet told me that these dogs tend to be a little aggressive. I found a great home for her, but she won't be picked up until this weekend.

To tell you the truth, I am exhausted...it's like having a baby again and getting up with her throughout the night, as well as Lane (when she wakes up with bad dreams or whatever) is wearing me out!! Our home was hectic enough without adding another dog. I forgot how much work a puppy could be.

On top of that.....last Sunday my DH was in a car wreck, and could have very well been hurt or killed. The traffic came to a complete stop in front of him, and he steered to avoid it and ended up in the median of the freeway skidding all over the place. He ran into the cables which eventually caused him to stop. He did $6,300 in damage to the vehicle, but we wont' have it fixed because the truck is only worth $1,000. It is a '98 Explorer with 270,000 miles on it. He had the bare minimum worth of work done on it, and will drive it a bit longer, I guess.

THEN, the Tuesday after that, I was following a woman on a dirt road near our house, and she felt I was following her too close, and slammed on her brakes, which caused me to rear-end her. We were only going about 10 mph, so no damage to my vehicle, and only very minor to hers (which I think might have been there beforehand). I got out of my vehicle and very sympathetically apologized. She and the guy with her started yelling profanities at me and causing a scene. My girls were crying hysterically in the vehicle thinking I might get hurt. I then went to give them all of my insurance info., and she told me that she called the cops and I'd have to wait. At this point, Britt is late to school, and Lane and I haven't had BF yet. I waited 40 minutes for the cop to get there, and say, "typically, in these situations, people just exchange insurance info and go on their way....but since I am here, I have to write you a ticket for not controlling your speed." Now, I'm going to have to go to court to fight it since she actually caused it by slamming on her brakes to PROVE a point.

I also am still in the midst of all this MRI, biopsy stuff, and kinda in limbo with that.

I got down to 117# by the weekend, and have been eating everything in sight to get back up. Today, I was at 119#, which I am fine with. I don't want to lose anymore weight...I just want to maintain. When I am stressed, I lose my appetite and forget to eat. So, after the few weeks we had, I wasn't eating much.

Anyhow, I hope to get back on a little more regularly once we get this puppy settled into her new home, and my life back to some sort of sanity.

I hope you all have a great OP day!!
Nat
Old 10-02-2006, 05:32 PM   #10  

I only have a few minutes before I have to head out to a meeting for elders and their wives. I just finished the salad I was supposed to bring so I have a few minutes.

I had my doctor's appointment today. My A1c, which is THE test of how well your diabetes is controlled, came back at 6.1...a three point drop from 9 three months ago. Levels up to 6.0 are considered normal. Diabetics are urged to keep theirs lower than 7.5 and 7 ideally, so I am lower than that even. Yay! The doctor told me most people gain 5 pounds for each point the A1c comes down, so last time, when mine dropped 5 points and I was the same weight, it was like losing 25 really. This time, I was down 10, so with the three point drop, it was actually like losing 25 again. Won't it be nice if the trend continues and I can actually see that 25 pound loss on the scale and not just on paper! haha! They changed my meds some, and I am going to try to do without the glimiperide, which stimulates insulin secretion and makes it hard to lose weight. I am hoping for good progress in the next few months!

Gotta go! I will check in later!
Old 10-02-2006, 06:08 PM   #11  
Addicted to potato salad!

MOnet: That is GREAT news about the numbers. You've worked really hard and have been very diligent and you deserve the satisfaction, to say the least.

Nat: People are SUCH JERKS!! I have a very similar story. YOu might like it, actually, as you can relate. I was VERY pregnant with Shelley and late for a Dr. appointment. I was in the fast lane, going 60 in a 55 because the guy hogging the fast lane wouldn't go any faster and was slowing down because I was on his tail a bit. Well, he SLAMMED on his brakes, I SLAMMED on mine and came within inches of his bumper. So, I managed to get around him, and as I was passing him, I could see from the corner of my eye he was giving me the New Jersey State Bird , but I was looking straight ahead, puffing and panting and rubbing my VERY pregnant stomach and getting off at the hospital exit (my drs office was conveniently at the hospital)...so this guy must have eaten some real crow for trying to get in an accident with a woman 'in labor' and heading for the hospital. I figure that little display taught him a better lesson than flipping him off and getting red in the face (like I wanted to do) that sometimes people are in a hurry and it's nothing personal, JUST GET OUT OF THE WAY, JERK! Hugs and prayers to you that that rather large black cloud that seems to have settled upon you and your family drifts away sooner than later.

Laurie:

Toni: Yay! One pound off is better than one pound on!!

BOB: After all those kudos at work...you've been doing so well. And you don't want to go altering doctor's orders...if he says stay home, stay home.

Julia: Sounds like a nice, well rounded weekend!

Solly: That is some SERIOUS power shopping.

Talitha: 12 kids would send me to my grave. Besides, it's a movie and not to be taken as what it would be REALLY like to have 12 kids. Bob's right..wait till Lucas is walking and re-evaluate your brood you have now...it may seem like you have 12 by then!!

Well, I'm sitting here eating dinner, italian sausage sauteed in onions, green peppers and garlic and I can't believe the new depths that evil has come to in this world that someone could go into an Amish school and do what happened today. I know that all of the school shootings are horrible...but an AMISH SCHOOL? One little girl was SIX years old. I'm just gutted by it. I know, we don't usually discuss current events here too often...it's just on my mind.

I mowed the lawn today and trimmed down the dead things in my garden today. I was nice to get outside. Its been coldish and rainy a little too much for me lately. But the lawn was way overgrown and now it looks much better. I'd like to see the kids play back there more often, but it's always kinda spidery and Junior tends to hurd the kids around when they get moving around running and things...so it's a bit of a drag.

Anyhow...didn't get my walk in today, but I did manage to walk to the bank, post office and then to school to pick up the kids. I REALLY cute foreign guy sort of cut me off at the bank. He had french words all over his shirt, so I suspect he was Canadian from Quebec or something. He went to the teller right in front of me and asked if he could get money from his credit card and then the teller left and he said to me...."Oh, did I cut you off?" and I'm like..."Um....I think so.... ...it's okay..." He had longish brown hair in a ponytail and looked like he jumped off the cover of a romance novel! He apologized...I think.

So, I have some dished to clean and some crocheting to get to. I made a little hat for Derek's friend that had another grandaughter. And Kyle's teacher had a baby (well, his wife did), so, Monet, I think I'm going to start a new blanket for Kaeleb. I have to get this one done and to the teacher before anyone else gives him a baby present. You know how it goes. So, I'm going to go to Walmart Friday and pick out another cool yarn for an accent that I've been thinking about for this pattern. It'll be cool.

Well, the dishes aren't gonna wash themselves...
Old 10-02-2006, 08:05 PM   #12  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey everyone!

GREAT news today! The parents told the judge that they want to surrender their parental rights!!!! I'm going to post the whole story in a little while but I just had to post this just in case I didn't get back tonight - my phone has been ringing like crazy because everyone wants to know what happened! I'll be back with the full details!! THanks for all of the prayers! BTW....my scrapbook looks great and it's finished!! YIPPEE!!!

Love ya
MIssy
Old 10-02-2006, 09:29 PM   #13  
Bustin' Buddy

Ok gals....I just basically copied and pasted the e-mail I send to all of my e-mail list - this is what happened today "in a nutshell." Is that how the expression is used?

Here it goes......

I just wanted to fill everyone in on the latest news. We went to court this morning for the permanency hearing for Alexis. At the hearing, the parents stated that they wanted to surrender their parental rights. This is very good news for us! Since this came out of nowhere – the social worker told them to think things through…and she would discuss their final decision with them at the October 27th parent visit. If they stick to this plan, they have to have 2 counseling sessions, then if they still want to surrender, they sign the papers and she will be freed for adoption. At this point, Alexis goes into the Adoption section of social services and we will be able to adopt her hopefully within the year – they say 6 – 12 months. Basically, my social worker said that if everything goes as planned – she may be officially ours by next summer. If they decide to NOT surrender, then we wait 6-12 months for a termination hearing and then another 6 – 12 months for the adoption. So, if they surrender it will take some major time off of the plan and things will be much smoother and easier on everyone!

I just wanted to thank all of you for all of the prayers! Hopefully one day all of this will be finalized – at that point we will have one huge PARTY!!! I’ll keep y’all posted!

I don't have time to post individually tonight...but I'll be back tomorrow!!!

Missy
Old 10-02-2006, 09:47 PM   #14  

FRUIT: That is awesome! I hope they stick to the decision and things go quickly for you!

PANCHO: You are in my prayers...

Just got in from the meeting and I am exhausted. The dinner was an Italian bean soup, and delicious. I did eat one roll, which was white, and a small slice of the apple cake. I passed on the salad I made because salad after a Byetta shot makes me nauseaous. I was anyway, but not as bad as if I had salad.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:09 AM   #15  

LOL- You guys are all so funny with the kids comments. I was jsut relatiing the emotional response. I'm from a family of 10, remember? I'm WELL aware of how unrealistic it is, but it sure was fun. I have NO intention of having any more for a long time, if ever. That movie wasn't anything CLOSE to what it really was like ( except for the 2 washers and dryers in the laundry room ) I'll let my sister carry on the big family legacy. She's pregnant with #6 and has no intention of stopping.

I lost another pound and a half this week. And I cheated a good bit over the weekend. I've decided to write down all of my foods the whole week and exercise 4 times instead of 2-3. I'm hoping to have a good drop and get myself in the 180's. I'm goign with my good friend to the WW meetings now and I think it's really going to help. AND we're going at night so that I'm not lugging the kids along.

Ok, I've got a crazy busy day. TTYL
Closed Thread