Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 06:34 AM   #1  

Cool Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 8-21 to 8-27

Welcome to Sugarbusters!

This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too!

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have FIVE INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...13#post1378013

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread
Old 08-21-2006, 07:11 AM   #2  

Exclamation Challenges!

CHALLENGES! CHALLENGES! CHALLENGES!

Last week's exercise board looked awesome! Lets do it again! Get in at least three days of exercise, and post it! If you already get in three, increase your time or sessions this week.

Share a motivator! What motivates you? Is it setting a goal, or planning a reward? Tell us about it...

What is your biggest temptation? Share it and see what others can come up with to help you through it.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:20 AM   #3  

Good morning! It is a brand new week, and I am feeling motivated to see some progress! MMM was so so... I was down the two pounds I had mysteriously gained last week yesterday, but we went out for Chinese last night, late, and they are back this morning. I feel sure they will be gone in a day or two at most, so I am not worried. The medication I take slows down digestion, and I honestly still feel full from dinner. I did not even eat all my entree, I am figuring the higher salt has something to do with it.

I actually slept fairly well. I could have slept longer, but Tom woke me up looking for his laptop. He had forgotten he had put it in the office, and was hoping I knew where he left it. I did...so I guess it was worth waking up to help.

I hope everyone is determined to make this a good week! I am!
Old 08-21-2006, 09:40 AM   #4  
Addicted to potato salad!

Well, after my extreme roller coaster ride of a weekend, I gave Derek the perfect reason to not move to Rochester. We have six houses surrounding us and we get along well with all of them except one...and they're the snobs...from Rochester. So, I should find out today or tomorrow if I'll be working at hte school, which will give us insurance, etc. and Derek's going to go on unemployment and stay home with the kiddos...or by the time this happens, take Kyle to school. And he says he'll do all the housecleaning and laundry and grocery shopping, so we'll be swapping roles. I told him he's not allowed to go grocery shopping until we go together once and I tell him what to get...like what pads and tampons to get me and Shelley...what storage bags I like for storing food...what kind of paper towels to get, etc. I'm totally sure he'd be great at it. Especially since he won't have the kids running around after him messing up his cleaning as he goes and having to stop and make three meals, etc. Like right now, Kyle is sneaking around iwth a bucket and every time I look at him, he stops and smiles as if to say, "I'm not doing anything.... " Anyways...

Prayers, prayers, prayers that I get that job, Please!! We need it now more than ever!!

Monet: I bet your two pound gain had something to do with the Chinese food. It'll be gone before you know it.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:53 AM   #5  

MMM was better than last week, but still just short of my ticker. I'm glad to be going in the right direction!

I have to leave work early today...Rachel's throat hurts! Surprise!

Monet- I'm still having trouble with weekends. I think I eat more salt and drink less water. Maybe that's my problem.

Tech- Good luck with the job! Will Derek not have to look for work eventually?
Old 08-21-2006, 10:00 AM   #6  

As is typical for me, I ended up laying down and falling asleep. I just woke up, took my injection and ate some fiber one cereal for breakfast. The injection gave me a rush, like a hot flash, which the old pen did not do, so maybe this pen will be better. My numbers were ok on the old one, but not as good as the first month I took it. Does this make any sense? THUNDER understands, since her hubby uses the Byetta too....

TECH: That will be awesome if you get the job and Derek is willing to be Mr. Mom. That would not happen here! Tom would never want to keep house. He would be worse at it than I am! He also has a much better education than mine and can make a heckava lot more than I can. Unless I wrote a book that sold well, or started selling my art....
Old 08-21-2006, 10:02 AM   #7  

THIN: I was typing while you were posting! I am so sorry Rachel has the strep stuff now! If salt and lack of water are your weekend problems, it ought to be easy to fix! Good luck! I am with you on that...I did not drink much water over the weekend either. I am going to go fill my water jar/glass right now!
Old 08-21-2006, 10:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Slow start for Monday.

For nothing to do this weekend, I sure was busy. Sat I had WW,nails and eye doctor, then we took my car in for a free service. Got some wine and beer, came home and me & DH cut the grass. Went out for dinner. 8:00 I sat on the couch to watch a movie and was gone. At 9:00 DH woke me up to go to bed. Exciting life. Yesterday I cleaned, went and got 2 birthday presents, went to the grocery and produce market. Got my food fixed for my pampered chef party on Tuesday. Fixed 3 nights of dinners and dinner for the night and then cleaned my basement and ironed. I sat down at 10:00 to read the paper. I lasted about 1/2 hour. It was a busy day.

MMM has be down 2 pounds since last week. It is so nice to be down on Mondays and not up like I used to. I hope this continues.

Monet, the gain is probably from that Chineese food.

Thin, glad you are going in the right direction. Sorry Shelley now has what Shawn had. It always happens. Hope you don't get it too.

Tech, Saying prayers for you. I'm so set in my ways in cleaning, that my DH would never please me. When he goes to the store alone, he always buys off brand stuff, and there are some things you just can't do that. He always go with me now.

Got to run. Have a great OP day.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:57 AM   #9  

Monet-I think that must be at least part of the problem. I did not do too bad yesterday, yet I was up 1.5 pounds from Friday's weight. I guess I'll try to test it somehow to see if I'm right. I walked Saturday night and did some stretching exercises yesterday. I did not walk last night, it was thundering! So, I did get in some exercise over the weekend, we'll see!
Old 08-21-2006, 11:54 AM   #10  

Well I was so shocked when I just got on the scale and I'm up 3.5 lbs. I'm really disappointed. I'll have to be extra careful this week and see whats going on. Hopefully next week will be better. One thing I'm having so much trouble with is drinking water. I just don't want too! Just walked on the treadmill and even got in an extra minute. For me thats great.

Monet- You're such an inspiration... Keep up the good work.

Tech- Got my prayers going up for you. Heres hopeing you get the job! I'll bet Derek will make a great stay at home Dad.

Thin- Good going for this week! Isn't it great to be going in the right way...

Solly- You're doing so great. WW was just the answer for you. Wow did you do allot this week end. Wish I would get my butt in gear and do more.

Oh yea forgot to tell I ordered some Lara bars off the internet and got to try one Sat. Was it ever good. Well I'm off to have breakfast....
Old 08-21-2006, 12:48 PM   #11  

TONI: Which larabar did you get? I get a box of them at Costco with Cherry, Apple pie, and Chocolate coconut. I have also had the pecan pie, and the chocolate mole. I did not like the mole one. I really like the rest of them though. So healthy! It was Pancho that first told us about them. Way to go on the treadmill! Don't worry about that gain...with the exercise, you will fluctuate some, but once you get used to it, it will be mostly downhill!
Old 08-21-2006, 02:55 PM   #12  

Monet- I've only tried the cherry pie so far and it was sure good. The package I got had one of each of ten bars. I can't wait to try another one.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:25 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey, guys. Not a whole lot going on here. I was doing good until yesterday and blew it again. Back at 173 this AM. This is getting old. I have set my exercise goals higher this time. I did Ramp it Up last week and was soo sore that it hurt to squat down on the toilet for a couple days. Then I did it again Saturday and I'm sore but not as sore as I was from the last time. So my goal is to increase my strength training and overall workouts. Today I did the 4 mile WATP which I sweated tons(yay). And I'll do the Ramp it up again tomorrow. As for the other challenge- what motivates me? Hmmm, I guess what keeps me going is that my arse has gotten too big for my jeans! Temptation- Sweets! Especially, peanut M&M's. The only solution to that is to completely avoid and don't take the first bite...I lose all self-control after the first bite.

Alright, I'm expecting a loss come next MMM. Really. Going to put it to the test!

Menu:

post-workout: LC yogurt
BF: 4 egg whites scrambled with spinach and 1 tsp olive oil
Snack: 1 oz unsalted mixed nuts
Lunch: big salad made with LS tuna, some cheese, veggies, lite ranch dressing
Snack: LC yogurt
Supper: cooking thin pork loin chops, sweet potato, glory greens(canned)

Got customers...gotta go!
Old 08-21-2006, 04:01 PM   #14  
Addicted to potato salad!

Laurie: I'm sensing a pattern in you that you seem to go by the wayside on the weekends, then get depressed on Monday when you weigh in. Why not weigh yourself on Friday before the portals of sin open for you on the weekends? If you're weighing in at less on Friday, it may be the inspiration you need to put up your goody shield and keep out the peanut M&Ms...by the way, the protien in the peanuts don't make up for the sugar in the candy coating...I already tried that one on here...jsut so you know By the way, how are things with hubby? Is he still being Shrek-ish?

Toni: Thanks for the prayers. I really need them. A lot is riding on me getting this job. Don't sweat it on the 3.5 gain. Like Monet said, I'm agreeing that it's the beginnings of exercise, coupled with not enough water. Also, be sure to get a lot of sleep, especially when you're exercising, so your body can repair itself fully.

Solly: So, what the heck do you do on weekends when you ARE busy? Sit in the recliner? WOW...that is a BUSY weekend!! I don't have to get my nails done anymore. They're actually growing again...for the first time in about 20 years!! I attest it to Derek and I and our newfound contentment in life...in spite of our troubles. We've been so close and he's been so connected to the kids...yesterday he took Shelley shopping for school clothes at Hot Topic (the goth store at the mall)...she came home with skull earrings and a Ramones T-shirt, but they were both rather happy and, therefore, so was I. I was just glad they didnt' come home with the Sex Pistols backpack. Mrs. Percy( the school principal) would have fainted. As for Derek cleaning...I'm most concerned with the laundry. He has a definite block when it comes to using fabric softener and bleach. He definitely does laundry college style. But, I'm sure we'll all adjust.

Monet: Something tells me you'd fetch a pretty penny for your artwork! It should be fun having Derek at Mr. Mom. I can't wait to see him put sheets on the kids loft beds!! It sounds like your new pen is going to be much more effective. I wonder if they wear out after a while?

Thin: Yes, Derek will have to find work eventually, but for now, it'll be unemployment with an ebay selling supplement. He was telling me all the things around the house he wants to sell. More power to him! Hope Rachel is feeling better soon!!

Okay...so, I've got a really yummy-smelling black bean soup in the crockpot. I can't wait for the beans to cook down so I can have some. Still haven't heard from the school. My neighbor wants me to cut her son's hair...but I'm doing it at her house, then we're going on the boat. My mom says, "You're selling the boat right?" in response to my telling her about Derek's job and I said, "Nooooo....it's the only thing we have that we do together as family aside from watching the TV. The boat stays....because I'M the mommy now and I said so!" So, there! She thinks it's a waste of money...she's welcome to her opinion.

Okay...have some clutter to pick up then I'm working on a new baby blanket for another little boy I know of .
Old 08-21-2006, 05:32 PM   #15  

I am having such a slug day! I can't seem to wake up sufficiently to get anything done! I keep yawning! Tom is home and taking a power nap, then we will go get in the pool for a bit. I hope I can get in 30 minutes of water aerobics. I could go out there now, but I don't feel like it!

My bg levels are really good so I am thinking there was something wrong with the old pen. I hope this new one will help with the weight loss like the first one did. Its been a few weeks since I lost anything, and I was getting discouraged.

Ok, off to get something done!
Closed Thread