Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 06:26 AM   #1  

Cool Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 7/31 to 8/6

Welcome to Sugarbusters!

This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too!

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have FIVE INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...06#post1352406

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread
Old 07-31-2006, 06:32 AM   #2  

Default Challenges!

MOOOOVE IT! I am going to set a goal of 2000 calories burned this week. What is YOUR goal for the week?

Do you eat when you are bored? Do you have a hobby? Pick up your hobby this week, instead of eating. What is your hobby? Share it!

When was the last time you looked over the recipe board? (I confess its been a while for me.... ) Find a new recipe to try! Share your review!

GO OUT AND MAKE THIS A GOOD WEEK! YOU CAN DO IT!
Old 07-31-2006, 08:33 AM   #3  
Goddess

Default Good Monday Morning!

Hello all!

I have a few minutes this morning, so I thought I'd drop in for a visit. I had a rough week last week--took a spill (dare I say it--I pulled a BOB ) and hurt my knee shoulder, elbow and head (for 4 days I had the perfect impression of a cement wall in my forehead). Everything was x-rayed and nothing was broken, but I sure am bruised up. My knee was totally black/purple. I had to walk with crutches for a couple of days, then a cane for a couple more, but now seem to be able to walk ok without them.

Eating stinks--what can I say? I have to be honest and I'm almost back up to my all time high. I'm pretty disgusted wit myself, but then I have no one but myself to blame!

I'm thrilled to see that Talitha and Baby Jacob are doing well! I know it was frustrating to have to do the C-Section, but it doesn't mean that you are somehow "defective." Talitha--you are perfect--sometimes ya just gotta go with plan "B."

I've been lurking and glad to see Beth back on the board! I'm going to try to be more regular as well now, though it may be 2-3 times a week rather than everyday.

Have a good OP day everyone!

Susan
Old 07-31-2006, 09:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday Ladies.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was good, busy as usual.

We had a party/birthday party at my DD's house yesterday. She did such a good job and her house looked so nice. It was fun.

Bob, it must be the weekend to get screwed. We went to a fancy restaurant for our anniversary with another couple (who has quite a bit of money) and to make a long story short, we did not get separate checks and we ended up paying way more than we should have.

Monet, thanks for posting the baby pic. He is adorable. Looks like he was ready to come out too.

Fillise, so glad to see your post. Glad you will be back with us on a regular basis.

Was down .6/tenths of a pound at WW. It is sure slow moving with these meds. So frustrating. Eating all weekend was good. Didn't get my second lasix in yesterday so the water wt was up this morning. I have an oncologist appt today so say a prayer, all is fine. I dread and look forward to this appt. If that is possible.

Better get busy. Have a great day.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:47 AM   #5  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Talking Good Morning!!

Happy Monday Morning Everyone!!

I've had a BUSY weekend, stayed pretty well OP, did my Curves on Saturday, they were closed yesterday so we walked and I did a deep clean of the bathroom. Broke a sweat on that one!! Whew!

Fillise - GREAT to see you again!! I did the same thing. I'm heavier now than I've ever been, except pregnant! It disgusts me. But I'm doing something about it! I'm here!!

BOB - Great deals! I wouldn't know how to use a pressure cooker. I do good not to screw up cereal! But I bet my MIL would love it! I'll have to check the sale papers and see.

Got only 2 loads or so of laundry to do after this weekend! I might actually get it ALL done today! But that won't last, these guys in this house go through some serious clothing! Also gonna clean the living room today. The other day Dave said the $$ for Curves was worth it because I have so much energy I've cleaned most of the house! Butt-head!

Monet - Get you some rest woman!! Thanks for the Talitha update and baby Lucas pic. He's gorgeous! Tell her I said Great Job!

OKay... Time to get things done.. before it gets tooooo hot!! This humidity is killin me. Have a wonderful day everyone!! See you later!

OHHHHH - I did have a question... I was gonna change my little ticker thingy.. but how do you just change the Current Weight? Or do I have to remake the ticker? That might be more trouble than I bargained for.. LOLOL

Old 07-31-2006, 10:21 AM   #6  
Addicted to potato salad!

That's IT!! After seeing that gorgeous picture of baby Lucas...I'm sending the blue and white ripple-stripe afghan I'm making to Talitha as soon as I'm finished with it. It looks like it will be beautiful wrapped around his sweet little face Thanks, Monet, for posting it!! So glad everything worked out okay for them both!!

Beth: Housecleaning DEFINITELY counts as exercise in MY book! And if you look in your signature, carefully look for the number that represents your current weight and just highlight it, delete it and put in your new number, being careful not to delete anything around it.

Solly: Good luck at the doctor and with the meds. I hope they stop hindering your weight loss soon!!

Susan: What happened? Did you fall down a flight of stairs!? That's a lot of body parts damaged!! Glad you are on the mend now, though!

Monet: My hobby this week is going to be getting a the baby blue and white striped ripple afghan done and get it sent off to Talitha pronto! Kinda hard to eat snacks with a crochet hook in your hand!! Thanks for the reminder that idle hands are more likely to shove food in our mouths!!

Okay...so I went to Darien Lake Saturday. That is a Six Flags park near Buffalo. We spent four hours getting there, six hours playing and four hours coming back. But it was fun...I got to go on the Superman roller coaster...and it was AWESOME!! I got a cute picture of Shelley with her friends in the car behind me. Of course, I brought my camera, but left it on the bus, so I coudn't take any picures, duh!! What a dope I can be. Anyhow...we went on waterslides and three rollercoasters and sat in beach chairs while the kids played in the wave pool. It was a nice day.

I had my interview on Friday and I think I did well, but she did say she has other candidates to interview, so we'll see. She said she'll know this week and let me know either way. Which is nice because I hate when I have an interview and hear nothing. I'll let you know, of course, when I hear something.

Yesterday Derek put in a desk under Shelley's loft bed and we put in the PC from the kitchen in there. Then I hung up her bead wall behind the computer and made her a nice little preteen office. It looks nice with her lava lamp. Then we piled in the boat and went swimming on Sand Bay. It was a nice day. I made burgers for dinner with WW buns, but before I put them on the grill, I thought it would be good to brush on a little olive oil so they don't stick like they do sometimes...of course, they caught on fire, so we ended up with hockey pucks instead. I hate when that happens.

Okay...I have some cleaning to do here. Derek got his computer parts put in the basement, so now I have to clean up the leftover mess and get my dining room back into shape....somewhat, anyway.

Talk to you later!! Kris
Old 07-31-2006, 12:58 PM   #7  

Oh my gosh Talitha baby is adorable..

Well phooey I gained 2 lbs. this week. I must have had to much wine or something wrong. Thats the only thing it could have been. Anyway thats over and on I go for this week.

techwife- The afgan sounds darling. Baby Lucas will love it...

Beth- Theres a place where you can just change your weight.

Solly- Prayers going your way.... I'll be thinking of you....

Fillise- Good to see you. Hope you get well soon.

Bob- Oh well the nearest Penney's is 2 1/2 hours away.

My company is on there way and should be here in a couple of hours so I'd better get busy.....
Old 07-31-2006, 01:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Hey, guys. Well, my weight is well into the 170's(again!). I'm sick of doing this yo-yoing. Makes me feel so fat. So here I am back on the wagon, hoping this will be the last time I do this(both sets of fingers crossed). My stomach hurts today from all the crap I put in it the past 2 days. I also went and ate PIZZA HUT 2 days in a row. So I'm really swollen now. And gassy . Not taking my lunch until around 2. I got up early this AM so I could do the 4 mile WATP to burn some extra cals and sweat some salt out. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that Lucas has now entered the world. At least Talitha has that behind her. Maybe her recovery will be speedy. BOB- I liked the Southerner article. Here's my menu for the day:

Pre-bf: large grapefruit
BF: had a Walmart rotissere chicken breast(leftovers)
Lunch: big salad made with the other chicken breast, some cheese, veggies, lite 3 cheese ranch dressing
Supper: hamburger patty and salad

I'm skipping the starches today, need the protein to help flush out fluid(and lots of water). Alright, I better go, I've been trying to type this for almost 2 hours!
Old 07-31-2006, 03:44 PM   #9  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!!

I was up ALL NIGHT again. Went to work at 6:30 a.m. I knew if I didn't do that, I would never make it the whole day. I didn't take a lunch and left at 2:30p.m.
I have no idea why I didn't sleep. I actually went to sleep and then woke up around 1:30 and went to tinkle. Kate said she was still up watching TV and that I talked to her (don't even remember that) and then went back to bed. I must have gone back to sleep and then I woke up again about 2:30 or 3:00.
I put my first pot of coffee on at 3:45, was in the shower by 5:45 and out the door at 6:15. I've been slowly sinking ever since. Fingers and toes crossed that I can sleep tonight.

TONI...you can still call them and have them ship it to you. It's not extremely heavy so that shouldn't cost much to ship. Can't beat the price for $19.99. Same goes for you Toni...if you can't get it on your end. I'll go get you one.

BETH...It wasn't in the sale paper. I think they are discontinuing them. Not that many people use PRESSURE COOKERS any more. I would just call them and see. If they don't have them, I would be happy to go get you one. Just let me know.

SUSAN...OH MY GAWD!!! You're getting as bad as me! Be sure they read your knee xray really good...remember, I had a piece of bone that chipped off from my knee cap..it's still floating around and only bothers me if I get down on my knees for what ever reason...and believe me...that doesn't happen very often! How's your Dad? and your Mom? MS BELLE???

KRIS...that's so sweet of you to send that blanket to Talitha...she will treasure it I'm sure! Sounds like Shelley has it made in the shade in her room now. I did well to have a TV in my room...no computers back then..

LAURIE...Just let er rip..you'll feel so much better! I couldn't have turned down the PIZZA either.

JACKIE...I was beginning to think I might as well bend over when I entered every store. Just wasn't my weekend. Now that sucks about your dinner. I don't have a lot of money, but if I had been with you two, I would have made it a point to buy your dinner knowing it was your anniversary. Guess that's why they have money....That has happened to me more than I want to admit. I bet they suggested the split down the middle didn't they?

MONET??????? WHERE ARE YOU????

BOB
Old 07-31-2006, 03:46 PM   #10  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

LAURIE....Forgot to ask...How's BOOGIE feeling?

BOB
Old 07-31-2006, 05:42 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Boogie's doing just fine. He was back to his normal self about 2 hours after getting fluids thru the IV. Man, my legs are sooo swollen. My face isn't as swollen as it normally is when my weight is this high so quick. It's all in my butt and legs! I didn't get around to eating lunch until 3(I wasn't that hungry anyway-probably all the junk food from the weekend is still in my bloated tummy,lol.) I think I will just have the hamburger patty with some sliced red onion and tomato tonight instead of a salad with it. Well, I need to go type up federal tax deposits(yippee)...
Old 07-31-2006, 11:48 PM   #12  

Hey, everyone! We had a friend pass through town and stop to visit. He is kind of a hippie type, who occasionally takes up a nomadic lifestyle. He slept in his van in the front, and left about noon, after having breakfast with me and chatting some. I went to the store after he left, then fiddled around some with a game before I had to get ready to go to spaghetti night. Sorry I was kind of MIA for most of the day. Spaghetti night was fun, but I carried my last month Byetta pen, and when I tried to take my injection, the dose would not dial, so I fully expect my blood sugar levels to be high in the morning. Bummer!

FILLISE: WHoa! Be careful! It sure is good to see you....I guess I am going to have to get some super glue and glue your shoes to the floor in here.... Post when you can. You know we miss you terribly when you don't.

TECH: That is very sweet of you! I am sure Talitha will treasure that blanket....

BOB: Get some Sleepytime tea! Try it...it helps me sleep!

I will finish replies in the morning...I am awfully tired all of a sudden!
Old 08-01-2006, 08:53 AM   #13  
Addicted to potato salad!

HOLY BLAZING THERMOMETERS!! It's in the 80's already at just 8am!! You can bet me and the kids will be leaving within the hour to go to my mom's house and jump in the river and spend the day there. Derek is bent out of shape, though, because my sister is up with three of her kids and never called me to see me or invite the kids over to see hers. I'm used to it. She's never really liked me...I've always been underfoot to her. And, in her opinion, I scandlized the family by living with a boyfriend or two before I got married...she's the richest person I know and when I married Derek (my first marriage after going through a horrible dating **** for a good 15 years of my adult life, wanting nothing more than to have been as lucky as her and met my husband in high school....ANYWAY)...when I married Derek, she gave us a $30 Yankee Candle for a wedding present. I don't want to get into it too much, I'm just venting because I'm really hot, sweatty and miserable already today...but of all the guys I've dated, Derek is the ONLY ONE that wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. And he's so awesome...a loud-mouth Italian, but awesome, just the same. For instance, just yesterday, we went out in the boat and after we anchored, Derek took Shelley by the hand and they both jumped off the front of the boat together. It doesn't sound like much, but he's a REAL DAD for her...without him, she wouldn't have a dad at all. You'd think my sister would see this and be happy for all of us, but since we lived together and had Kyle before we got married, she's banned us from her life. Her loss. We're going down to swim at my mom's...not to see her. And we'll probably have lunch at my mom's because my sister totally ignores my mom and dad when she's here. I call my mom and see if we're having a cookout or something and she says, "I don't know....I don't even know if they're home. They don't talk to us much when they're here." They live right next door!! And my parents mow their lawn and do the landscaping for them without question or charge all year....open up the trailer before they come and make sure everyone has clean sheets. SOOO rude. Anyhow....just had to vent on this week's bee in my bonnet.

I probably won't be working on Lucas's blanket today much....probably tonight with the AC on!!

Okay....have to go get the beach towels out of the dryer and put on my tomato suit (I have a red bathing suit and I think I look like a tomato in it) and get the heck outta here!! I'll be leaving the AC on for Junior. Poor thing...with all that FUR!!

Talk to you guys later!! Eating will be whatever makes me feel cool-ish!!
Old 08-01-2006, 08:57 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Hi Ladies,

My dr appt went fine. All blood was good. They plan on switching me in 6 months to another drug which is supposed to work better. The only problem is it can cause joint/bone pain and with my RA, they are concerned. But I can always go back to the Tamoxifen if I can't tolerate it. That is 6 months away and I will worry about it then.

We managed to get 30 minutes of cardio in at the gym. My DD bought (rescued) a new puppy that is in pretty bad shape, so she was at my house with it and it was late when we got to the gym and we had to get home to eat and go the their VB game. But 30 minutes is better than nothing.

Beth, my bathroom really could use a deep cleaning. I need to scrub my floor (on my hands and knees) so badly. I want to replace it with a ceramic one. My shower mat has discolored the linoleum. So since you have all that energy, come work on mine.

Tech, you should have taken my DD with you to the park. She loves roller coasters. The bigger the better. How sweet to send that blanket to Talitha. She will love it and treasure it. When I had my surgery, a group from here sent me roses. It meant so much to me. The situation with your sister is a shame, but like you said, it's her loss. Have fun today.

Toni, wine does that to me too. It could be anything so don't fret over it. Is your company there yet?

Heart, I'm back in the 180's and no close fit. I tried to get the office to have "Naked Thursdays" b/c by then I'm out of close to wear. WW has really helped me stay on track, it is such slow going. Hang in there. Maybe before you eat something, ask yourself if you really want it and is it worth it. I know when I want something and then figure out the points for it, I usually say it's not worth using my points on and I find something healthy. Glad Boogie bounced back so quickly.

Bob, Did you sleep last night? I sure hope so. There is nothing worse. Yes, it was the other couple that suggested splitting the bill. What can you do. Just chalk it up and go on.

Monet, sorry your insulin pen didn't work. Hope your bg wasn't too bad this morning. What's the temp in your pool? Hot I bet.

Got to run. Have a great day.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:38 AM   #15  

Good morning Ladies. We're home!! For today, that is. Now the absolute craziness begins. Travis leaves for Augusta tomorrow and will be gone 10 days to 2 weeks. The best option for me at this point is to pack up all the kids and go stay with HIS mother. I know she will take such good care of us, it's just exhausting to think of packing for all of us and being in someone else's house.

I'll be able to post more from there.

(((HUGS))) all around the room....
Closed Thread