Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 10:37 PM   #1  

Cool Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 3/20 - 3/26

Welcome to Sugarbusters!

This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too!

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have FIVE INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...21#post1179621

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread
Old 03-20-2006, 06:41 AM   #2  

Thumbs up Challenges!!

Do you have a hobby that can be a diversion for mindless snacking? What is it? If you don't, find one! Post what your hobbies are for others to see, and get ideas from.

Get an extra exercise session this week.

Try a new recipe and share!
Old 03-20-2006, 06:56 AM   #3  

Good morning! I am up at at 'em early thi smorning. I put together a new recipe last night and baked it for breakfast this morning. It needs a bit of tweaking to be totally legal, but it sure was good. It was off the food network.... James signed up for cable and I sure am having fun watching the foodnetwork. The recipe was for a French Toast casserole. The topping, which had brown sugar in it, was not legal. I used multigrain french bread, which was not totally legal, but better than the white kind. I put it all together and put it in the fridge overnight. I happened to wake up at 4:15, so I went and put it in the oven on timed bake. We woke up to hot, yummy casserole, and made espresso of course.

MMM is a good one for me. I am down another pound and a half. I am not sure what I am doing to see this loss, because I feel like I am eating more. Maybe that is what I needed... at any rate, I will take it. Another ten pounds and I will have the surgery weight off. Another 15, and I will be back to where I was two years ago before my thyroid took another nosedive. I feel encouraged.

Today I have a doctor's appointment. I am not looking forward to it. They stressed the importance of carrying in your records all over the forms they sent, but I could not get mine. I lost my temper with the old doctor's office. I will see how this new one is. If I don't like the way they act, I can find another doctor. Its just no fun trying to find one you like.

Yesterday, I finished a baby blanket I have been working on for a long time...too long in fact. The baby is two months old! Unfortunately, they did not come to church last night, so I could not give it to them. I am such a procrastinator! I have a few more items I am working on, but promised myself I would not start a new project until I finished a few. I worked on a blanket I am making last night, and it is just such slow going on it! I like knitting on BIG needles. It goes much faster. This blanket is on rather smallish needles, so its slow.

I will check in later. I am going to go take a little nap. The mid-night wake ups are catching up to me.

Old 03-20-2006, 08:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Monet, Happy Birthday to our favorite moderator. Hope you have a wonderful day.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:48 AM   #5  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Monet!!! Hope you have a great day!!

I was up 1.5 lbs. this morning after my " crazy eating fest" this weekend. Actually I'm suprised that it was not more than that. BUT, I will just jump back on the wagon and hope that a day or two of clean eating will get me back on track! Hope everyone has a good day!!
Old 03-20-2006, 09:01 AM   #6  

WHew...So Glad it's monday!!! I'm sitting in the loby of the hotel waiting for Cindy (mynew friend/consultant) to pick me up. My flight doesn't leave until 2, so we ahve some time to do a little more training before I leave, but she's doing fantastic. We had a great turn out at her cocktail party/ business launch last night. ANd I didn't panic and freak out about having to speak to such a large group. It was certainly intimidating. She runs in a very highly educated and affluent circle. But went amazingly well.

I woke up to my best friend Kathryn calling at 7 to tell me that she's ENGAGED!!!! I'm so excited!! I knew this guy was the one. So, after all of the wedding talk on this board making me miss weddings, I have one to plan!!!!!! She's always said that she wants me to be a briedsmaid, so I'm assuming I will be. Wedding isn't till Oct 2007, so I've got plenty of time after the baby comes to get the pounds off. Her colors are chocolate brown and turquoise. It's going to be so gorgeous!!!!!!

So, no MMM for me. I'm determined to gestate in peace and forget about my weight. If I'm 3 lbs under at 24 weeks, I'm doing good. I'm not going to look anymore. Except at my appointments once a month, of course.

MONET HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU LOADS!!!!!!

*****So, I read the first line of the challenges wrong. Somehow I saw "Do you have a HUBBY who can be a distraction...." Um, well, yeah.... He likes to be....*****
Old 03-20-2006, 10:56 AM   #7  
Addicted to potato salad!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MONET!!

I'll be back later for more...Just had to get that out of my system.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:42 AM   #8  

Happy Monday and Happy Birthday Monet

Monet, Please have a better birthday than I did in December. You probably have a better attitude than I do.

I just got some shocking news. My sister in law emailed that her husband has just told her he wants a divorce. They have a child who is not even two yet and just bought an expensive home in New Jersey. He is from India and of course she is from the midwest like my husband. Perhaps their different backgrounds just finally wore down the relationship. I called and read the email to DH and cautioned him to only respond with support. Say nothing against the brother in law because you never know how things will wash out.

Gonna try black bean soup with ham this week. Will let you know how it turns out. Would also like to try shrimp scampi. Both of these recipes were found on these boards.

My DH is having his minor surgery tomorrow to remove the cancerous mole on his back.

So if I could I would request prayers and or good thoughts for my DH and my Sister in law and her young son.

KayeC
Old 03-20-2006, 12:08 PM   #9  

KayeC: Hugs and many prayers to you. When it rains, it pours, doesn't it? Keep us posted on your DH's spot. And your poor sister. I totally agree with you on the cultural thing. At first, the allure of someone from a different culture is fun and new and interesting, but when you put it to the test against every day life, it doesn't always work out so well. I've had two boyfriends not from around here. The one from Scotland was more in love with the idea of having an American girlfriend, but didn't have a clue who I was, really, and he ended up getting mad at me because I didn't tan well... ...The other was from Austria and he was just a complete male chauvanist. He didn't last long, either. Oh...and then there was that guy from Mexico...I had him deported....literally.

Talitha: You are hereby excused from MMM. Congrats on your upcoming role as bridesmaid!!

Thin: When you hop back on that wagon, be sure you take me with you!!

Solly:

Will be back later on with my own updates...Kris
Old 03-20-2006, 12:47 PM   #10  

Hello gals. It's snowing here...and it's supposed to be the first day of spring. Go figure.

I was bad all weekend long. It hasn't affected me yet. I'm getting better though. I've been struggling a lot lately.

Is velveeta and/or easy cheese okay to eat on triscuits? I don't have the velveeta info with me but I do have ez cheese ingredients:
Milk, water, whey protein concentrate, whey, canola oil, milk protein concentrate, contains less than 2% of salt, sodium citrate, sodium phosphate, calcium phosphate, lactic acid, sorbic acid as a preservative, sodium alginate, apocarotenal (color), annatto (color), cheese culture, enzymes.

I'm just getting tired of eating the same cheese over and over again and I love velveeta. I'm thinking that ez cheese is basically velveeta in a can. I know that when I looked at the ingredients they were pretty close.

I had a protein shake for breakfast. Snack of triscuits. Lunch was a hamburger steak, cottage cheese and pears, 2 cornbread muffins (I know, they're not legal). Not sure what dinner will be tonight.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:56 PM   #11  
Sonya

Hi everyone,

Had a wonderful weekend all except the weather which is continuing today rain, rain, rain. I'm down 2 more lbs so I am extremely happy about that. I have just been busy around and about the house so I have had time to post. Am hibernating today its so dreary, wet and nasty. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Monet-Happy Happy Birthday!!!! Today is also my birthday all 44 yrs...lol I don't feel any older.

KayC-We will keep you all in ours prayer.

Tech-My sister got pregnant by someone from another country and he disappeared as soon as it happened and told her if she tryed to turn him in for support he would steal the baby and she would never find them. Hes now almost 10 and has been the saving grace of my sister!!!

Talitha-Don't you worry about that hun I was the same way when I was pregnant with Ashley. I didn't want to see a scale until Drs app. And then even when I gained it was baby weight. Congrats on your friends engagement.

Thin-I'm sure Bobs backing the wagon up for you!!!! We all have our days!

Solly-

My cousin which has the same birthday as me brought me a cupcake with icing this morning but I let Ashley eat it!!!! I didn't even take a taste as bad as I wanted to! Everyone have a great day!!!!

Starting weight-275
weigh now-245
Goal-180 first goal
30 lbs so far
Old 03-20-2006, 01:36 PM   #12  

Tech- I'll swing north and pick you up! Anyone else need a ride?
Old 03-20-2006, 02:34 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy First Day of Spring

Had a crazy/lazy weekend. Glad to be back in routine. Eating was horrible and the scale showed it this morning. 10 lbs up. I know most of it is fluid.I have spent most of the day in the potty. :sad: I booked our vacation for June 23rd. Going to Playa Del Carma so I need to get serious and get going.

Bf: protein smoothie with strawberries
Lunch, salad with turkey, cheese, bacon bits. Balsmic dressing
Dinner will be zita with ww pasta.

I am counting my calories and logging them everyday in a program. Also my exercise. I plan on getting to the gym tonight and everynight this week, excpet Friday. hope the plan works

Thin, I am getting in the wagon first, that way I won't fall out with everyone else behind me. Get it moving will you? Bob will probably want to drive. She plays that Rocky Top you know. Lets ee how many people we can get in there.

Thunder, WTG passing on the cupcake.

Nicolee, I beleive Velveeta is legal. It is supposed to snow here tonight. Yuk!

KayeC, sending prayers and good thoughts for your DH surgery and your SIL. Keep us posted.

Talitha, congrats on your friend's wedding. You will have something to shoot for after the baby is born.

Tech, You crack me up with your stories. You have definately been around and done a lot.

We are missing some people. the board has slowed way down.

Have a great evening.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:07 PM   #14  

Happy Birthday, Thunder!

I just got in from lunch...it was not pretty. But man, was it delicious! We went to a Korean bbq and buffet. I am SO full! I ate lots of veggies, and hardly any rice, but a lot of stuff was fried.

I had my doctor's appointment this morning. I liked the doctor. He cut up some, and seems to be at ease with someone who researches - which I do a lot on thyroid issues. They took blood and will call me with any changes to my meds. His office was large and seemed to be well run, and managed. There were plenty of people working, too. Unlike the doctor I love, who had a crumby staff, no one seemed to be trying to do nothing, yet look busy.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. You all are THE BEST!

Later!

Old 03-20-2006, 03:33 PM   #15  

Happy Birthday, Thunder!!

Monet: A Korean BBQ? I've never heard of one. Sounds wonderful!!

Solly: A vacation is the perfect motivation!! I'll be waiting for you in the wagon!!

Nicolee: Not sure about the velveeta...but I have to guess on the side of it's not a good thing to eat. First and foremost, from what I think of Velveeta, it's not really cheese...or not much of it is, anyway. Read the ingredients and see what you think...if the word starch is in there anywhere, especially in the beginning of the list, then that is a corn product and would be a no-no.

Will be back in a bit...
Closed Thread